Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy Garland

monroe62 Guest
    "The London Sessions" are phenominal.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe62 View Post
    Somewhere a gay man just clutched his pearls, swooned, and fainted on a divan.
    LOL! Yes, maybe a 75 year old one.

Sam Guest
    "Ding, Ding, Ding, went the trolley makes me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer in time to the music!

monroe62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    "Ding, Ding, Ding, went the trolley makes me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer in time to the music!
    http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_M...as_Got_Talent/

I'd watch that.

RubySlippers Guest
    i like judy too, but i don't like to listen to her sing that often. her voice is a bit annoying. maybe "somewhere over the rainbow" or "merry little christmas" but for the warm fuzzies it give sme.

btw -- liza drives me NUTS and reminds me of judy in her manic, out-there stage. i hope liza never feels she needs to kill herself, but i can honestly say if i heard she did, i wouldn't be surprised.

she is so like her mother it is eerie.

monroe62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i like judy too, but i don't like to listen to her sing that often. her voice is a bit annoying. maybe "somewhere over the rainbow" or "merry little christmas" but for the warm fuzzies it give sme.

btw -- liza drives me NUTS and reminds me of judy in her manic, out-there stage. i hope liza never feels she needs to kill herself, but i can honestly say if i heard she did, i wouldn't be surprised.

she is so like her mother it is eerie.
    Oh I couldn't stomach listening to either of them for hours on end, but sometimes, I just get into a mood that only Judy can help me express.

Liza I have to take in small doses. Though her 1990 Radio City Music Hall "Stepping Out" Tour show is one of the best performances I've seen from anyone. Ever.

Dane Guest
    Liza's vocal tics drive me crazy. That nervous laugh thing she does sometimes, ARGH.

I love this pic...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Sam Guest
    Nice pic, I'm glad Liza's still with us.

Nerak Guest
    I had no clue Judy died at 47!! poor lady, what a tragic life...I hope she is resting in peace now...

A Child is Waiting is on TMC now. Sigh, we miss you, Judy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Bayou Queen Guest
    There will never be another Judy Garland. She was grand....and when at her best and she performed, she put her heart and soul in it, she would own a song when she sang. Sad ending. Rest in Peace Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I know what you're saying. I appreciate Judy Garland, I think she was a wonderful singer and actress, but I just don't care for musicals and I just couldn't get into the type of stuff that she sings or acts in.
    I'm 17 by the way, and I was obsessed with "The Wizard Of Oz" as a kid, but I just don't get the appeal now. I have to say, I prefer Return To Oz with Fairuza Balk.
    Last edited by Michael555; 05-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Tomorrow, our beloved Judy would have been 87 years young. This coming June 22nd, she will have been gone 40 years. With that, we are heading over to Ferncliff to pay our respects (I'll take pics!).

Happy Birthday, Judy. We love you.

Happy Birthday, Judy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Happy Birthday, Judy!

The Harvey Girls is on TCM right now..they just don't make them like this anymore, do they?

Are Cindy and me the only ones going to wish Judy a happy birthday? What the heck?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mscgal4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	14557  
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 06-10-2009 at 06:58 PM.

evillouie Guest
    Gone 40 years ago tomorrow. Unbelievable!

RIP Judy
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We are planning a trip up to Westchester later today. We still miss you, Judy.

MorbidMolly Guest
    My favorite pic

MorbidMolly Guest
    RIP Sweet Judy

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    We are planning a trip up to Westchester later today. We still miss you, Judy.
    Wish I was going.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    My favorite pic

Molls! I've been looking for that pic for over a year. Thanks mucho, mi amega.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Wish I was going.

Molls! I've been looking for that pic for over a year. Thanks mucho, mi amega.

De nada, mi amiga !!!

Like Elvis, I'm kinda partial to the older version; she was STILL a beautiful woman:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	judygarland-show1.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	14709  

MorbidMolly Guest
    Like Elvis, I'm kinda partial to the older version; she was STILL a beautiful woman:

No matter what she went through, no matter what demons came her way, she was and still remains one of the most beautiful, fascinating women ever to grace the screen. Her voice still makes me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoy3a...x=0&playnext=1

MorbidMolly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evillouie View Post
    Gone 40 years ago tomorrow. Unbelievable!
    Thank god most of those pathetic queens that praise her are either gone or amost gone what a pathetic bitch she was if I had been an acquiantance of hers Id punched her in her dirty whore cunt every time she emitted that awfully inflected whine of hers that grates all sensible nerves. Liza Minelli is not nearly as bad but it wouldve been no great loss if she ended up as a bloody gelatinous mass af stem cells in some Beverly Hills back alley rather than an amusing sidenote of Judys dirty whore cunt.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    My favorite pic

That's one of my favorites, too. Beautiful!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

She always had this sense of being very fragile, at least to me. I can't help but think that on the inside, she was still a little girl trying very hard to please everyone, despite the fact that she was a tremendously talented entertainer.
    BTW, I love the "Mommy's little helper" pic.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I just read that Anne Hathaway will be portraying her in the new biopic about Judy. Not quite sure how I feel about that....

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I just read that Anne Hathaway will be portraying her in the new biopic about Judy. Not quite sure how I feel about that....
    I can`t picture it.

pvezz Guest
    WTF?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I know. Here's a link to one of the articles:

http://www.popcrunch.com/anne-hathaw...ole-confirmed/

STsFirstmate Guest
    Jack-O-Lantern I was like you, on the fence and not wanting a biopic screwed up but ....I saw Anne Hathaway on the View and they showed a clip of her singing and I was blown away and then I started looking at her bone structure and I think it could really work. I certainly think she is approaching it from a place of respect.
    Regards,
    Mary

Too bad Courtney Love doesnt resemble Judy shed be perfect for the role.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I'm not happy about Anne Hathaway taking the roll on either, Jack. She probably doesn't even know who she was. I love Anne and she was great in Brokeback Mountain and Devil Wears Prada, but Judy? Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis did a smashing job in "Me and My Shadow".

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    She always had this sense of being very fragile, at least to me. I can't help but think that on the inside, she was still a little girl trying very hard to please everyone, despite the fact that she was a tremendously talented entertainer.
    BTW, I love the "Mommy's little helper" pic.
    Thank you!

pvezz Guest
    I know. Here's a link to one of the articles:

http://www.popcrunch.com/anne-hathaw...ole-confirmed/

I wish her luck, but my goodness, must be scary as HELL to try and portray an icon like Judy Garland!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Jack-O-Lantern I was like you, on the fence and not wanting a biopic screwed up but ....I saw Anne Hathaway on the View and they showed a clip of her singing and I was blown away and then I started looking at her bone structure and I think it could really work. I certainly think she is approaching it from a place of respect.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Thats encouraging

I'm not happy about Anne Hathaway taking the roll on either, Jack. She probably doesn't even know who she was. I love Anne and she was great in Brokeback Mountain and Devil Wears Prada, but Judy? Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis did a smashing job in "Me and My Shadow".
    OMG! Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis were brilliant in "Me and My Shadow" !

ShockDoc Guest
    I could see Hathaway in the role.

leevancleef Guest
    i don't think its a good choice at all, but then, you don't have too many options in Hollywood nowdays.
    id like to know Liza's opinion about this.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Regards,
    Mary
    I just saw her in 'Rachel Getting Married,' and I must say she is one hell of an actress, and seems to be getting better with every film. I really hope you're right Mary! She also sang on the Academy Awards telecast and I too was impressed!

I totally agree about Judy Davis and Tammy Blanchard, they were both so damn good in that movie. Judy Davis is without peer really, she's amazing in everything...did you happen to see Blanchard as Gypsy Rose Lee in Sam Mendes' B'way version of "Gypsy" a few years ago with Bernadette Peters? We came out your way solely to see that show, and saw it 3 times! I've been waiting for Tammy to hit it big ever since, she was so good!

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    i don't think its a good choice at all, but then, you don't have too many options in Hollywood nowdays.
    id like to know Liza's opinion about this.
    ...and I'd LOVE to know who's playing Liza!

No, I didn't see her in "Gypsy". But, I did see Patti Lupone.......After Liza AND Patti..I can die a happy woman.

John carpenter Guest

Wink

Me Too!

Great minds think alike! Welcome to the board, John.

Giada Guest
    I was initially surprised at Anne Hathaway as a choice, but given her strong acting in several films I think she'll be great.

bluebird14 Guest
    I think that Judy Davis is the only person who could play Judy. I saw her in the lifetime movie aobut Judy Garland (I think it was called My and My shadows: the life of judy garland), and it was like I was looking at the real thing.