Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Menendez Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Here is a video of the crime scene with the bodies. WARNING - DEAD PICS

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=513_1288923835
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Magnetic, lovely pic of Edie!

I have a short video of the Menendez crime scene. I'll upload it and post it here in a few!

#Doh! Donna beat me to it!
    That video is from the Findadeath website.
    You should all be familiar with it!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

How in the hell did I miss that video!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    How in the hell did I miss that video!!!
    I know right? I noticed something watching that. Crime scene videos are creepier than photos IMO. It made me feel like I was in that room and the mother and father were just so...still...

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    I know right? I noticed something watching that. Crime scene videos are creepier than photos IMO. It made me feel like I was in that room and the mother and father were just so...still...
    I totally understand that and feel the same way. It is just different somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I heard about this story weeks before the boys were arrested and charged with their murders. It was well known that they were the suspects long before the arrests. Abused sexually? Why not? It's much better than standing in front of everyone and admitting the truth: That they are sniveling spoiled shits that are evil to the core! Too bad everyone saw right through it...

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I heard about this story weeks before the boys were arrested and charged with their murders. It was well known that they were the suspects long before the arrests. Abused sexually? Why not? It's much better than standing in front of everyone and admitting the truth: That they are sniveling spoiled shits that are evil to the core! Too bad everyone saw right through it...
    Ditto

RogerV Guest
    As I understand it, nobody grieved much for the father... it sounds like he was a complete jerk both at home and at work. However, that does NOT justify murder. I know plenty of people who grew up with really bad parents, and none of them became murderers, nor did they blame their parents for everything that went wrong in their lives.

Mammy Guest
    The dad didn't sound like a nice guy, but I agree that he still shouldn't have been murdered. From the looks of crime scene photos, I would guess Jose died very quickly right where he was sitting unlike poor Kitty who was riddled with bullets and even tried to crawl away as they kept shooting her. Lyle and Erik were both legal adults and if they didn't like the way their dad treated them, they could always leave and stay away from their parents. Of course, if they did that, the money would dry up and dad couldn't buy their way out of trouble when they needed him to. They were just spoiled with a huge sense of entitlement who wanted dad's cash with no lectures and no strings attached. I don't believe they were molested, I think that is something Leslie Abrams came up with to try to save their asses.

Kinda makes sense though...the father was an asshole and he produced two asshole sons. It sounds like he was a bully, money-hungry, etc. Like father, like sons. Except Daddy Dearest worked for his money. The boys weren't interested in that part.

Deathgoddess Guest
    For some reason this case came up in conversation the other night and I realized I didn't know too much about it. After reading through everything I am blown away! This case was insane. The therapist that was being accused of sexual relationships with his patients and the GF that taped the sessions with Lyle and Erik , by the time it went to trial she had a pending case against the therapist too. The family was divided and it sounds like Kitty's family was done with the boys after they admitted to killing the parents.
    It does sound like Lyle was the leader and Erik was the little brother that could be easily swayed by his idol. It really does sound like the dad was a total jackass, and I agree that that doesn't make it okay to murder him, but you can see how it all came together to equal murder. The poor mom did seem to suffer more than the dad, but I have a feeling that is because Erik didn't know how hard it would be and Lyle had to kill them both but was unprepared (bullet wise). It makes me so sad to think about them with their ice cream and James Bond Movie not knowing their own sons were planning to murder them savagely.

Daniellexo Guest
    I am pretty sure that Kitty had a bullet wound through her thumb and tongue which indicated that she put her hand up to her face to shield it from the gunfire. Sad.

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniellexo View Post
    I am pretty sure that Kitty had a bullet wound through her thumb and tongue which indicated that she put her hand up to her face to shield it from the gunfire. Sad.
    I read that she tried to shield her face. The Crime Library article made it sound like she tried to hide her face so she wouldn't have to see who was shooting her. On one of the websites I saw a pic of the boys when they were about 9 and 11ish and they looked so sweet and handsome, it makes your blood run cold to think about what they would eventually do to their parents. I bet there was more to that family than meets the eye.

RachelMarie Guest
    I tried posting another thread about Jose and Kitty Menendez but for some reason, it never showed up. This case happened in 1989, went to trial in the early/mid nineties. This case was fascinating to me for a variety of reasons. The story of Jose being a self made man and Kitty, his former beauty queen housewife being shot by their adult sons who may have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that confession to Jermome Oziel. Truth is better than fiction.

I have read all of the books and will never forget how this trial introduced me to Court TV and Leslie Abramson. Briefly, I even thought about law school but ultimately chose another career. Whether you believe the defense or not, the brothers did get what they paid for and Leslie and Jill Lansing helped make those juries deadlock. It was a different culture, pre-OJ trial and pre tabloid where the news was not as intrusive as it is today. Their second trial was completely different. The judge did not allow cameras (after seeing what happened to OJ trial) and cut down the defense. David Conn did an amazing job of keeping the case clean and straight forward.

The brothers were ultimately convicted and sent to separate prisons. Both brothers married, although Lyle did get divorced and remarried. I am very curious now about their daily lives in prison and also about the aftermath of how their families are now. I assume Jose's mother, Maria, has passed away. As terrible as she knows the crime was, she always said she still loved her grandsons.

Supposedly, Lyle is gay in prison now and Erik is better behaved in his prison who says he cannot think about the life without parole aspect and that his wife Tammi keeps him going. I can't imagine marrying a man behind bars but what kind of pressue would that put in Tammi?

The person I have always felt sorry for in the case was Kitty. She may not have been perfect but she did not deserve to die that way (neither did Jose). Granted, he was not father of the year but I feel those two men could have walked away.

Does anyone have updates on the family or brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelMarie View Post
    I tried posting another thread about Jose and Kitty Menendez but for some reason, it never showed up. This case happened in 1989, went to trial in the early/mid nineties. This case was fascinating to me for a variety of reasons. The story of Jose being a self made man and Kitty, his former beauty queen housewife being shot by their adult sons who may have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that confession to Jermome Oziel. Truth is better than fiction.

I have read all of the books and will never forget how this trial introduced me to Court TV and Leslie Abramson. Briefly, I even thought about law school but ultimately chose another career. Whether you believe the defense or not, the brothers did get what they paid for and Leslie and Jill Lansing helped make those juries deadlock. It was a different culture, pre-OJ trial and pre tabloid where the news was not as intrusive as it is today. Their second trial was completely different. The judge did not allow cameras (after seeing what happened to OJ trial) and cut down the defense. David Conn did an amazing job of keeping the case clean and straight forward.

The brothers were ultimately convicted and sent to separate prisons. Both brothers married, although Lyle did get divorced and remarried. I am very curious now about their daily lives in prison and also about the aftermath of how their families are now. I assume Jose's mother, Maria, has passed away. As terrible as she knows the crime was, she always said she still loved her grandsons.

Supposedly, Lyle is gay in prison now and Erik is better behaved in his prison who says he cannot think about the life without parole aspect and that his wife Tammi keeps him going. I can't imagine marrying a man behind bars but what kind of pressue would that put in Tammi?

The person I have always felt sorry for in the case was Kitty. She may not have been perfect but she did not deserve to die that way (neither did Jose). Granted, he was not father of the year but I feel those two men could have walked away.

Does anyone have updates on the family or brothers?
    Do a search before creating a new thread. That is all.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jose might have been a hardass, but with zero proof I don't think his murdering sons should've been allowed to say he was also a molester. I don't think that was fair. He came from nothing and built a friggin' empire, and that probably takes a certain degree of hardassery. I think he was very disciplined (hell, he had to be) and wanted his sons to be the same. It might not be the easiest street for them to travel, but nobody was keeping them in that house. It's CRAP that they were "afraid." Were they "afraid" of their mother, too? Because she got it worse than he did... insufferable bastards.

Also, the article (in "People") about Erik and his new "wife and daughter" just pissed me off. He married someone who's husband had committed suicide before she "found" Erik, and now she lets her little girl call him "daddy?" Really? That is farked up on SO many levels...

And when he said he couldn't kill anyone, "not even a fly"... I'm reminded of the last scene of Psycho, where Norman Bates is saying how he "couldn't kill anyone, not even that fly" (that was buzzing around him.)

He's where he belongs, and I hope his "wife" has a good answer when her little girl isn't so little anymore and asks the hard questions (like, "Why'd you marry a murderer and make me call him "daddy?") She's gonna be known in school as the daughter of that piece of shit, just because her mother makes rotten choices. Pisses me off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Deathaversary today.

Here's the 1994 made-for-TV movie about it, in full:

Last edited by Gladiolus; 08-20-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added video.

Their episode on "Mugshots" (2013):

A British show about it (2005), with some crime scene images not too graphic, just enough to arouse your inner hag:

NOVSTORM Guest
    You know when you go back to a crime scene and you are the only one in that room and the blood smell is thicker then the air and the smell of the flesh from the bullets gives you the weirdest feeling you have ever had. It feels like the victims are still there and you can feel the anger sometimes or the sadness left behind. The rooms are silent as a graveyard at midnight yet you can hear the voices somewhere in the distance and if you close your eyes you can almost see what happened in that room. When you leave there and go home at night and it's quiet in your home that feeling can sometimes come back to haunt you and you want the TV on and loud and when you go to bed usually what you see is what I call a flash back video. Things you never saw before or dont remember seeing at the scene stand out like a sore thumb. Sometimes your dreams are like watching a movie in slow motion lol I hated having to stand guard before the morgue and forensics got there . If you are alone every nerve in your body seems to be waiting for something like maybe the killer will come back for some reason, YOu are so aware of where you are and what went on behind that damned door. When you watch those films like the ones we just saw you feel you are there. YOu feel like you are intruding on these poor people and seeing them a way they wouldnt like and you cannot help but stare because of the violence that you actually FEEL!! The one thing that is the hardest?? Laying in your bed and wondering WHY. I have always thought if those 2 I brothers had gotten that confession tossed out, and had pled not guilty and gone with the molestation accusations and turned on the tears like they did,if they would have walked. I think they would have. They were very convincing, half of the famly testified for them and said daddy was a bad bad man,If they had convinced that jury that it had to have been someone else that killed mom and dad ,someone that dad had molested I think they would out today spending what was left after Abrhams took her 99 percent of dads and moms money. I always felt bad for those cops trying to nail those two guys. I knew what their life was like until they did and how many times they watched viideos of the room to see if they missed anything. AND now these 2 guys have been married and divorced and remarried and one had a kid I think. They just dont have to support their "families",like the cops who got them do. I think maybe those 2 men should be forced to watch that video and all the other ones with the bodies of their parents laying there every single night . So they too can close their eyes and still see what they had done.

Gladiolus, Gladiolus, posting one post after another is spamming a thread and is against FAD policy. You need to combine all of them into one post. I realize this is be impossible with videos, so what you need to do is post one video and links the others below it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ABC had a show about the brothers last nite - I missed it

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/lyle-menen...140749620.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    ABC had a show about the brothers last nite - I missed it

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/lyle-menen...140749620.html
    I wanted to watch this too. I think there's clips on Youtube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I wanted to watch this too. I think there's clips on Youtube.
    Its on abc.go.com but you need to log in with a cable or satellite provider.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Hopefully, ABC will re-air the special on TV or we can find a full version of it on YT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I watched it, Those boys were hard to watch. I think they would have got away with it if not going stupid crazy spending money shortly after the murders. And of course Lyle telling what happened to the shrink. It was upsetting watching Lyle on trial telling how he slept with his mother and touching her sexually. Blah. Poor Kitty, she was shot several times.... a lot of this information I had not heard before. I just was not up on this murder but I do want to find a good book on this crime to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Hopefully, ABC will re-air the special on TV or we can find a full version of it on YT.
    here it is on TY - for now and at least in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMRKm1lXdio

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    here it is on TY - for now and at least in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMRKm1lXdio
    Awesome! Thanks for the link!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Watched it on abc.go. It was meh. Most of the onscreen interview time with them was an early 2000s interview with Barbara Walters, (so old that Lyle still had a full head of hair.)
    There was a small amount of recent phone interview audio with Lyle.

And the commercial breaks were very frequent.

After the 911 call when the LAPD arrived at the murder scene, neither brother was checked for gunshot residue (they both would have tested positive) and both murder weapons were in their cars, which were not searched. The brothers claimed they were at the movies, they were never questioned about this alibi. Several neighbors said after the murders they heard the gunshots, but they didn't call the police because that kind of thing didn't happen in their fancy neighborhood.

One theory expressed by several of the commentators was it they had not killed Kitty, they would have gotten away with it.

Or if their 2nd trial would not have happened after the OJ verdict. The prosecutor said she had many people volunteer their time on the 2nd trial because they were so outraged that OJ wasn't convicted.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Also remember Eric, the one who "wouldn't hurt a fly" today, along with a buddy wrote a 62-page screenplay called "Friends," the story of a self-centered son of a wealthy couple, who commits five murders, starting with his own parents. Sounds to me like the murders were in the works long before it happened. I don't usually like to question a person who says they were sexually abused, I know the shame associated with that is something a lot of people tend to keep to themselves, but a screenplay about self-centered greed by one of the murderers throws that accusation right out the window if I were sitting on that jury.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

These two did just about everything wrong when it came to getting caught. The lavish spending, confessing on tape to a therapist, threatening him, writing a screenplay that matches what you did etc... It amazes me how these types of killers don't do better research on how not to get caught. I laugh every time a guy gets caught after police search his computer and find google searches that match the crime.

I loved the part in the People magazine interview where Eric stated that when he was being transferred between prisons they stopped at a gas station, and he watched while others were busy going about their lives, and he realized he would never experience that again. That's what I call justice!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I loved the part in the People magazine interview where Eric stated that when he was being transferred between prisons they stopped at a gas station, and he watched while others were busy going about their lives, and he realized he would never experience that again. That's what I call justice!
    Its the little things like that, that I find are real eye openers. The real punishment.

New evidence may back up the claims of sexual abuse. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...aring-evidence

May get a new trial or be freed, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    New evidence may back up the claims of sexual abuse. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...aring-evidence

May get a new trial or be freed, who knows.
    From what I remember which admittedly was a while ago, there was evidence back then as well but during the second trial...the one they were eventually found guilty, the judge limited a lot of testimony regarding the abuse, including cousins who saw and heard stuff. There were also evidence including photos Jose took of their genatalia as well as other things...all not allowed in the second trial. What was worse was Lyle's prosecutor actually argued men can not be r***d because they lack the necessary equipment for it to happen so they were more or less liars.I'm not surprised she wasn't wanting to answer questions because since this has all come up again, her statement has been doing the rounds and many can't believe a lawyer could at best, be so naive and at worst, so ignorant.

From what I've seen, people seem to be 50/50 on what could happen. They deserved time because no matter what, they did kill them. I think what has so many people not sure is how they acted afterwards regarding the spending spree they went on.

Shellie I agree, they deserve time because they killed them and, however the spending spree makes me wonder as well. I remember the lawyer saying that about men not being able to be r@ped because they lacked the proper equipment.