I first saw John in the early 1950's on TV. He played a part on the weekly serial, "The Famous Five." I wrote a letter to the BBC and enclosed a page from my autograph album requesting that each one of 'The Famous Five' sign it. They all did. I still have those signatures safely stored and they give me a thrill each time that I look at them. I was about 13 years old then and I had a crush on John, as did many of my fellow classmates. I was absolutely decimated when I heard from a school pal that he had died, and how he died. My family had emigrated to Canada by then, I was married and expecting my first child 2 months after John had died. No matter how the years roll by I look forward to seeing the original "Scrooge" with John in it. I will never forget him. I want to get a copy of "The Magic Box" the movie about Friese-Greene who invented the moving picture camera. Coincidentally, my father was born in the same house in 1904, in Bath Somerset, where that invention took place. My mother discovered this by noting the addresses were the same. Still miss you, John.