Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1454616263
Results 3,101 to 3,145 of 3145

Thread: Whitney Houston

I wish people going into the business would see this as a cautionary tale. What not to do. However, knowing the most people don't believe anything could ever happen to them, it probably won't.

RIP. At least she's reunited with her mom, which is all she ever wanted.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Are the Brown and Houston families gearing up for charges of murder against Nick? (If that isn't the name of Bobbi's husband/significant other at least you know who I mean.)
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Are the Brown and Houston families gearing up for charges of murder against Nick? (If that isn't the name of Bobbi's husband/significant other at least you know who I mean.)
    From everything that I've been reading, yes. They are ready for him to be charged and have already filed a $10 million civil suit against him for assault/now murder and for stealing from her. Here's a link about the lawsuit:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...obbi-kristina/
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    I almost felt as though it was for publicity. She is in a better place. Sorry, that is my belief system. RIP Ms. Kristina. This has got to be one of the saddest tragedies in entertainment history. I think in the big picture, this will go on to be one of the greatest heartbreaks in pop culture. IMHO.
    Me too. Your spirit is bonded to your body. She is now finally free. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I agree. It's on par with the whole Anna Nicole Smith saga. Mother and child dead. A new child born just before the first one's death (even though I know it was a different mother, but it's along the same lines), etc... one of those big crazy stories that just highlights the dark side of fame and/or money.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I agree. It's on par with the whole Anna Nicole Smith saga. Mother and child dead. A new child born just before the first one's death (even though I know it was a different mother, but it's along the same lines), etc... one of those big crazy stories that just highlights the dark side of fame and/or money.
    "Fame. Ain't it a bitch."

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    I almost felt as though it was for publicity. She is in a better place. Sorry, that is my belief system. RIP Ms. Kristina. This has got to be one of the saddest tragedies in entertainment history. I think in the big picture, this will go on to be one of the greatest heartbreaks in pop culture. IMHO.

Other than the deaths of Elvis Presley, Princess Di and MJ.....I agree.

(BTW, I also saw on RadarOnline (which wound up being nothing more than "click-bait" that Bobbi's casket photo has been published by some tabloid....probably The National Enquirer like they did wth that horrible re-touch job someone did on the photo of Elvis in his casket (it was a closeup head-shot pic - not a full-on casket picture like what was inside that Sept.6, 1977 issue. The late Billy Mann, Sr. was the one who took that picture for a certain amount of $$$ from the NE).

My point is this: Does anyone know if there's actually a pic of Bobbi out there in her casket?
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 08-12-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post

Good question, Tony. The pic I saw of her in hospice before she died was taken from a distance. It could have been anyone. If there was a casket pic of BK, I'm sure it would have been plastered everywhere - first hitting the NE to FAD. Haven't really seen anything yet... anywhere.

(BTW, I also saw on RadarOnline (which wound up being nothing more than "click-bait" that Bobbi's casket photo has been published by some tabloid....probably The National Enquirer like they did wth that horrible re-touch job someone did on the photo of Elvis in his casket (it was a closeup head-shot pic - not a full-on casket picture like what was inside that Sept.6, 1977 issue. The late Billy Mann, Sr. was the one who took that picture for a certain amount of $$$ from the NE).

My point is this: Does anyone know if there's actually a pic of Bobbi out there in her casket?

Well they got one of Whitney so I would think it would be easy to get one of BK. I would think it would have surfaced by now. The bidding war wouldn't last this long.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Tntina Guest
    Article about BK's boyfriend visiting her grave. Photos of Whitney's grave. I was already NOT a fan of her marker... now they've surrounded it by curvy concrete trim - like you find around flowers at your grandmother's house. Get some class, Houston family! Get some class!

http://www.people.com/article/nick-g...book_peoplemag

WTH that is the marker of one of the greatest singers of all time? And the trim??!!??

Couldn't they take some of that foundation money and put up something decent?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Class, if they don't have it they can't buy it ! Just tacky. As for Nick, did he buy those flowers ,or did he make his photographer pay for them ? What's with the folder and a photocopy of W and BK, even less class and tacky !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Class, if they don't have it they can't buy it ! Just tacky. As for Nick, did he buy those flowers ,or did he make his photographer pay for them ? What's with the folder and a photocopy of W and BK, even less class and tacky !
    I read he earned $40 K for the photographs.
    Minerva

I'll bet he asked for more and he had to take their best offer.

There's going to be a holo-Whitney. Is it just me, or does anyone else think the family's getting hard-up for mortgage money?

Quote Originally Posted by glowegal View Post
    There's going to be a holo-Whitney. Is it just me, or does anyone else think the family's getting hard-up for mortgage money?
    I thought the same thing when i read it.. i wonder how her mother agreed to this holo-Whitney..

IMHO, it's just about absolutely shameless. Their cash cow died in 2012, and as it was, in her final days she was nothing more than a drunk, ravaged cocaine freak. She was nothing but a name in her final days. When she died, she wasn't a bright star. She fizzled out because of drugs.

I suppose all the money will go to that Marion P. Houston Foundation (?).

Quote Originally Posted by viki View Post
    I thought the same thing when i read it.. i wonder how her mother agreed to this holo-Whitney..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    IMHO, it's just about absolutely shameless. Their cash cow died in 2012, and as it was, in her final days she was nothing more than a drunk, ravaged cocaine freak. She was nothing but a name in her final days. When she died, she wasn't a bright star. She fizzled out because of drugs.

I suppose all the money will go to that Marion P. Houston Foundation (?).
    Its nothing but a business. Yes, Bobby was there when BK was dying for the last six months, but after her mother's death, that child was alone and desperate and all the adults cared about was how much they could get out of Whitney's death and her name. They should all be ashamed of themselves.
    Minerva

her voice was horrible in her last couple years. i remember cringing when I watched her on GMA. the whole fucking family are assholes. go earn your own living jerk offs!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    her voice was horrible in her last couple years. i remember cringing when I watched her on GMA. the whole fucking family are assholes. go earn your own living jerk offs!
    I remember crying too Piggy. She had arguably one of the greatest voices God ever gave and she threw it away with both hands. Her entire life story is one long after school special that unfortunately no one will learn from. No one thinks it could happen to them.
    Minerva

I read in Andy Cohen's book that there was a Christmas special episode of "Being Bobby Brown" that was never going to be available to be seen after it aired on television because Whitney was such a mess, so naturally I had to try and find it. It wasn't hard but it does need to be seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzEXll1Wn0
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I read in Andy Cohen's book that there was a Christmas special episode of "Being Bobby Brown" that was never going to be available to be seen after it aired on television because Whitney was such a mess, so naturally I had to try and find it. It wasn't hard but it does need to be seen:

Great find McCourt... thank you. Good lord... three minutes in, and it's pure agony. What a mess of a family... every one of them. Fast forwarded straight through... sad and awful. I couldn't even watch it, sure don't know how they lived it.
    Last edited by Cynful; 09-17-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I bought the whole season of the show off of ioffer.com - and this episode wasn't included...so thanks!

It makes me grateful that Christmas with my family has always been wonderful. I haven't even got the words to describe what this is ! Mess will do.

Just to see Whitney playing the piano in that episode was bonus. I never knew she could even play an instrument. That was the best part of it all. And I don't see why they never released that episode since she was a whole lot worse in a few others!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    WTH that is the marker of one of the greatest singers of all time? And the trim??!!??

Couldn't they take some of that foundation money and put up something decent?
    Isn't it horrendous?

Great find Mc! wow she was totally effed up, and e1 is like, lalalaal she's fucked up again, but all is good! man her voice is a mess. she coughs like she's a 90 yr old ! ugh. for some reason, i dont feel sorry. i just. dont.

Depressing. Notice the amount of enablers they had around them? If me and my girl won lotto it would be the both of us, nobody else. I never get why famous people have so many hangers-on. Don't they see?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Nope and never will, that's why I hate today's celebrity. With Twitter, Facebook and all these "reality" shows they feel we have to see and know everything they are doing. I suppose without it they would be nothing, shallow and totally useless to society in general. Which many of them are anyway ! Back on subject, it was depressing and I'll add another D word ... dismal.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 09-21-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Totally agree about the hangers on. If I won money it'd be my family and current friends, that's it. No new friends unless I was at one of my vacation homes and they had no idea of my history and money. Don't get why these people don't see the hangers on for what they are, but I assume they like having people around who never tell them no, and like many people even without money, they have a sense of entitlement which is even easier to cultivate when you can buy everything you feel entitled to.

This is part of why I couldn't stand the show Entourage. All the hangers on and groupies who would sleep with a dude just because his friend was a celebrity? Sickening. I saw it enough in real life living in L.A. to need to see it on TV. I saw people with their entourages out at clubs and they didn't have to lift a finger. People never tell you no. How can they think these are true friends, or have any of their best interests in mind? What is it that makes them so blind to the yes-people? Ego I suppose. And anyone who tries to tell you the truth and do what's best for you is just cut out anyway, because there are always more people waiting to say yes to anything you want.

They probably really didn't give a shit. They were both high as hell and they had nothing to worry about because anything they wanted done, their little "minions" scrambled to do it. They were barking off everything they wanted and needed for their "party" then leave to let everybody do it. BK never stood a chance.
    My Posse's On Broadway

You never really know someone until they die and the results come back.-pkstracy

Wow. They must really need, er miss the cashflow. Absolutely shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Great find McCourt... thank you. Good lord... three minutes in, and it's pure agony. What a mess of a family... every one of them. Fast forwarded straight through... sad and awful. I couldn't even watch it, sure don't know how they lived it.
    One big mess isn't the way to describe it!! Good grief. What was really disturbing is they went out an bought a puppy. Yeah. Have their minions train it, feed it, walk it, let it out... but when it comes time for cuddles, it's "Go to mommy Whitney!" And puppy, when you are no longer cute and tiny, your best bet is off to the classifieds!

smh
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

You never really know someone until they die and the results come back.-pkstracy

Thank you for posting the link to this article. One of the most concerning portions of the article shows how early Whitney's drug problems must have begun, pre-1992, but just how clueless Bobby Brown not only was during the marriage, but even now--after both of them have died due to their abuse of drugs.

From the article:

"The drugs wasn't her," Brown says in a clip from his 20/20 sit-down with Robin Roberts, airing at 10 p.m. on ABC. Revealing that he first saw Whitney taking cocaine just before she was to walk down the aisle at their 1992 wedding, a tearful Brown tells Roberts, "She did drugs but the drugs didn't do her. She knew how to handle herself."

The drugs definitely "did her" alright. They did the fuck out of her. They did her so good, they didn't stop with just doing her, they did her child. How Bobby can say "she knew how to handle herself" even after her death, says all the things we knew were there, but never were allowed to see. Bobby is clueless even with the benefit of hindsight, which is supposed to be 20/20.
    Minerva

IMO, Bobby Brown is an ass.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    IMO, Bobby Brown is an ass.

Hard to believe much of what he says especially since he mentioned having sex with a ghost in that interview too...

Okay Hags, better pour yourselves a drink for this next tidbit. Now Bobby Brown claims that Whitney would still be alive if her mother had accepted Whitney's gay lover Robyn Crawford.

'Whitney would be alive today if Robyn was accepted'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4B1rBthNJ
    Minerva

Okay Hags, better pour yourselves a drink for this next tidbit. Now Bobby Brown claims that Whitney would still be alive if her mother had accepted Whitney's gay lover Robyn Crawford.

'Whitney would be alive today if Robyn was accepted"
    I opened the bottle at the ghost sex story.

I opened the bottle at the ghost sex story.
    I dabbled in a few party favors in the olden days but thank the Lord, I never had a trip like that. LOL
    Minerva

Thank you for posting the link to this article. One of the most concerning portions of the article shows how early Whitney's drug problems must have begun, pre-1992, but just how clueless Bobby Brown not only was during the marriage, but even now--after both of them have died due to their abuse of drugs.

From the article:

"The drugs wasn't her," Brown says in a clip from his 20/20 sit-down with Robin Roberts, airing at 10 p.m. on ABC. Revealing that he first saw Whitney taking cocaine just before she was to walk down the aisle at their 1992 wedding, a tearful Brown tells Roberts, "She did drugs but the drugs didn't do her. She knew how to handle herself."

The drugs definitely "did her" alright. They did the fuck out of her. They did her so good, they didn't stop with just doing her, they did her child. How Bobby can say "she knew how to handle herself" even after her death, says all the things we knew were there, but never were allowed to see. Bobby is clueless even with the benefit of hindsight, which is supposed to be 20/20.
    When he said this he was talking about the first time he saw Whitney do drugs, which was on their wedding day. I took it to mean that was his perception in that moment. I don't think he has any misconceptions about that anymore. He knows the drugs "did" the whole family, including him. IF he was telling the truth about that being the first moment he knew of her drug use, I could see why he would think that. Bobby was no stranger to the behaviors normally exhibited by drug addicts. He grew up in the streets and admitted to being a dealer for a time. I imagine he felt if Whitney really had a problem he would have figured it out during the 3 years they dated before getting married. Since she appeared to have her shit together all that time, he probably just figured she was having a celebratory toot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Her family just tried to sell the Emmy she won in 1986 through Heritage Auctions. A U.S. District Judge put the kaibosh on the sale via restraining order when it was proven by the Academy of Arts and Sciences that it retains ownership rights of all Emmy awards, including after the recipient's death if next of kin no longer wants it. In that case, the award must be returned to the academy for storage.

The article I'm reading doesn't say who in her family tried to sell it. Fucked up though, whoever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Her family just tried to sell the Emmy she won in 1986 through Heritage Auctions. A U.S. District Judge put the kaibosh on the sale via restraining order when it was proven by the Academy of Arts and Sciences that it retains ownership rights of all Emmy awards, including after the recipient's death if next of kin no longer wants it. In that case, the award must be returned to the academy for storage.

The article I'm reading doesn't say who in her family tried to sell it. Fucked up though, whoever it was.
    Damn - maybe they're on drugs or something.

It's just sad how all this has turned out. She was such a beautiful and talented woman back in the day; it's just sad, and more so because of how unnecessary it was; how it didn't have to happen if it hadn't been for the drugs.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

She had an amazing voice but was sucked into the world of drugs, what a waste of talent. I felt sorry for her daughter, she didn't really have much of a chance with the parents she was given. Very sad all round.