Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michaela Garecht

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I'm not complaining about the fact that he is finally talking, just the reason why he is. He wants to act like he had some conscience attack and decided to provide closure for the victim's families and it couldn't be farther from the truth. He commented on knowing Cyndi's father was in poor health and he needed to find his daughter and have peace. Shermantine can rattle his mouth till the cows come home, but the fact is he is revealing this information for money and benefit to himself and no other reason whatsoever. He has taunted the Wheelers and Vanderheidens for years by saying he would reveal the locations of Chevy and Cyndi and never following through. If he really cared about the suffering of the victim's families and the families of missing people who are waiting to see if their loved one's bone fragments were dug out of that well, he wouldn't have said that he isn't talking any more until he gets his money. He doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body and he is just basking in all of the attention he is getting and enjoying his idea of the limelight.

Shejay, I got twitchy wanting to ask this guy questions! He almost has to be a son because Shermantine and his father both were named Wesley. That poor guy must have a hell of a time with his last name since most people in California recognize it. He probably wishes he was Wes Smith. I'll have to let you keep your dollar because I'm too chicken shit to ask him! LOL
    LOL!! Don't feel bad I am too - that's why I offered a whole dollar!

He kinda looks like him -- that big round head...
    My Posse's On Broadway

2. 03-02-2012, 04:31 PM

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    Yeah. I can't see myself saying, "I hope my daughter's dead." But, I can definitely see myself being comforted that she was murdered after a (hopefully) brief assault, rather than being brutalized daily for years. Really, there's no "good" option there...
    very true.

This week's Globe Magazine has an article about the Speed Freak Killers. Altho a lot in the article is what we already know from the articles posted here.

5. 03-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Interesting autopsy info on one of the Speed Freak Killers who hung himself:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/daily-r...anger-revealed

RebelRocker Guest
    interesting.....

Possibly a third "Speed Freak" now:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/daily-r...risoner-writes

9. 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Pooh-Bear Guest
    I check for new things on her all the time....nothing!! But I suspect she is not with all the bones they found. If she is alive I still think she was taken out of the country.

I check constantly, but there hasn't been any more updates on the burial sites lately.

12. 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Oops spoke too soon! They found three more bodies - two teenage girls who are identified, and a third yet to be:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...edium=facebook

14. 03-30-2012, 06:31 PM

RebelRocker Guest
    a new blog update from sharon, michaela's mom.

http://www.dearmichaela.com/2012/03/...s-remains.html

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Thank you every one for the up dates. I keep looking and when I get nothing I feel defeated. If that is how I feel, my God what must her family be going through?

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh-Bear View Post
    Thank you every one for the up dates. I keep looking and when I get nothing I feel defeated. If that is how I feel, my God what must her family be going through?
    yeah i hear ya. i have 3 kids and i cant even begin to imagine what it would be like to be in that situation. i would probably end up worrying myself to death.

Pooh-Bear Guest
    I do not have children...I spent a life time raising and dealing with other peoples off-spring. I bonded with some but gave of myself to all of them. I remember loosing one of them and as awful as that sounds....neither of us had left the house. Oh, sure, I know you are not going to believe this but, this is one of the many reason I believe in God, cause I know he knows its totally true.

I dropped the older child at school. I came home with the little one whom I adored. It was a 2 story home with a full basement. It was the hippy-dippy time period. Mother kept the wacky of the weed in a cookie jar. I had a taste. It was a beautiful spring day. Doors and windows open. Birds singing. Life was sweet and pleasant. All was good. Time was strange...5 minutes could have been 5 hours. hay Country Joe and the Fish were on. Songs on record ended....silence. Silence, wait a minute...there is a child of 3 in the house, how can there be no noise. Where is she. I looked everywhere. I went to the neighbors like a mad not to far out of her teens crazy person. No kid. The back yard was massive and a large wooded area behind it. Perfect for monsters to gobble up small children. I..can't..even..begin..to..tell..you..the..thoughts..the..fears..that..passed..throug h..me..I thought I would die on the spot. I was two steps away from calling the police and then killing myself for being so remiss in my responsibilities...but I checked the house one more time. Well...this person was a personal friend that I had known for years...not a client. And in short...a rotten house keeper. The basement was set up as a play room and since there was a divorce in process the grandparents were showering the children with gifts of all kinds to help ease the guilt. Talk about junk upon junk in the play room. Turns out she was there all the time sound asleep with all the other toys. At first glance she was like a big doll mixed in with all the other big dolls. Moral of story is only partly that I was a 20 year old weed smoking hippy...the greater part is that for an hour I lived in the greatest fear of my life which even to day surpasses went the doctor told me I had the big C. I do not kid you. So when I read about all of these children dead....missing.....I think....how..do ..you..deal............PB

New maps, and spots where bodies may be:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/serial...ossible/nMgPg/

20. 04-24-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm just on pins & needles wondering if they are going to find Michela among the dead...

22. 04-24-2012, 06:31 PM

23. 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM

That is pretty amazing that the cat lived all those years "waiting" for her to come home - and once she did, it died. Trippy...

25. 05-11-2012, 05:25 PM

I hadn't seen any articles about those guys in a while and was wondering what was going on lately. I still keep waiting for an article about a "mother lode" of bodies being found...

27. 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM

AllyTheHag Guest
    It seems like ever since the search where hundreds of human bones were found, the media has been strangely quiet about it all. Out of all of those remains, has nobody else been identified? It seems like Cyndi, Chevy, Joann, and Kimberly were identified soon after their remains were discovered. What about everyone else? There were also many things found in the wells like clothing, jewelry, and purses. Can none of these items be linked to missing persons? I hate how it was such big news for a little while and now we hear nothing. I did find an article that discusses Shermantine actually joining in the search.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...14/-1/A_NEWS02
    There were actually only five "sets" of bones (five bodies) found (two at one location and three at another) -- they were the four that you mentioned and one more that, as far as I know, remains unidentified. Shermantine hinted that he could lead authorities to "about 70 bodies," and authorities quickly speculated that the mass graves might contain dozens of bodies, based solely on what Shermantine and Padilla had said. (Considering that an adult human body has 206 bones, "hundreds of bones" can be as few as two bodies). I think the media was expecting a much bigger story based on statements made by Padilla and the authorities, and felt duped by the results ... and that's why they've been so quiet about it.

Personally, I believe that Shermantine is playing games and stringing the authorities and Padilla along with these new maps (he wouldn't be the first serial killer to do something like this). I don't doubt there are more victims and he knows exactly where they are, but I don't believe the number is nearly as high as he says, and he's not going to give their location up as easily as with the first five -- he's going to drag this out for as long as he can and get as much as he can out of it.

That said, I don't believe Shermantine had anything to do with Michaela's dissapearance or that he knows where she is.
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-29-2012 at 01:38 AM.

29. 07-29-2012, 02:47 AM

AllyTheHag Guest
    For whatever reason, the mom seems to think Michaela being a sex slave all of this time is preferable to her being dead. I totally get that she doesn't want her daughter to be deceased and never see her again, but the thought of her being raped, sodomized, beaten, and whatever else for over twenty years would be horrible. I guess neither option would be a good one.
    Hey, Mammy. I don't know if you're aware of this, but Michaela's mom read your comment above and responded to it earlier this month in her blog, in an entry titled "If you want to understand, READ THIS." Here's the link, in case you missed it : http://www.dearmichaela.com/2012/07/...read-this.html

I have to say I was a bit shocked to learn Michaela's mom reads this forum!

deathhaghun Guest
    I feel strange thinking about this girl. I'm the same age as Michaela. I can't imagine what her mother must be going through. I think she is very strong to have hope about her daughter. She isn't going to give up until she finds out what has happened to her. I have read her blog and I just felt so sad and powerless. She will always be waiting and hoping until she gets some resolution. Its just so weird that she was dragged into this car and never heard of again. So sad.

deathhaghun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    Hey, Mammy. I don't know if you're aware of this, but Michaela's mom read your comment above and responded to it earlier this month in her blog, in an entry titled "If you want to understand, READ THIS." Here's the link, in case you missed it : http://www.dearmichaela.com/2012/07/...read-this.html

I have to say I was a bit shocked to learn Michaela's mom reads this forum!
    Yikes I just read that. I think she checks out all articles and posts about her daughter in case someone knows something.

33. 07-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Mammy Guest
    Why would anyone come to a website with death in the title and get all offended when someone's opinion is different than theirs? I have stated all through this thread that I didn't think this girl was a victim of Herzog and Shermantine. What I posted was no different than what other people on here posted, so why am I the one getting called out for it? I deleted all of my posts in this thread. I'm glad that Cyndi, Chevy, Kimberly, and Joann were finally found and identified.

Mammy, I really don't know, I think the mom sort of took your words out of context I guess she didn't like to see that someone said she was denial that her daughter is dead or something like that. I am sorry that you were the only one that got called out for it.

Mammy Guest
    Actually, it was quite a bit more than that. After seeing where she drug my post to her site so that her followers could call me ignorant, stupid, rude, and dumb, I went back through this entire thread and reread all of my posts. I couldn't find anywhere where I said anything the least bit rude or offensive. I have followed this case for years and have actually been to her blog before as well as her FB page. I've always felt compassion for her and wondered how she is able to move forward with so much uncertainty. She also made a comment under my post she took there about that it may be easier to know her her daughter is deceased and end the torture she experiences at the hands of a few people who beat her up because of her hopes and fears for her daughter. Bear in mind that this comment was posted as a response directly under my post. If ANYONE can find a place in any of my posts where I was torturing this woman, I would absolutely love for them to point it out. I would actually ask her the same question, but she heavily moderates the site and only approves the comments from people kissing her ass and stroking her ego. It's one thing to be a grieving mother, it's quite another to twist people words or take one post there out of context and misrepresent what was said. We call those liars in my neck of the woods. She also commented that she is not stupid or delusional, which implies to her readers that I called her those things and there is no way for them to know whether I did or not since she plucked three sentences of mine out of the two pages worth of comments here on the subject and only posted those three sentences. I don't see why anyone would take offense to a person hoping that their child is at peace and hasn't been tortured for twenty three years, but I guess that's just me. I have no doubt that there are families of other missing people who would love for people to remember their loved one and still care enough about their fate to comment on it. Anyway, I'm done with the subject and I won't speak of the case again.

Actually, it was quite a bit more than that. After seeing where she drug my post to her site so that her followers could call me ignorant, stupid, rude, and dumb, I went back through this entire thread and reread all of my posts. I couldn't find anywhere where I said anything the least bit rude or offensive. I have followed this case for years and have actually been to her blog before as well as her FB page. I've always felt compassion for her and wondered how she is able to move forward with so much uncertainty. She also made a comment under my post she took there about that it may be easier to know her her daughter is deceased and end the torture she experiences at the hands of a few people who beat her up because of her hopes and fears for her daughter. Bear in mind that this comment was posted as a response directly under my post. If ANYONE can find a place in any of my posts where I was torturing this woman, I would absolutely love for them to point it out. I would actually ask her the same question, but she heavily moderates the site and only approves the comments from people kissing her ass and stroking her ego. It's one thing to be a grieving mother, it's quite another to twist people words or take one post there out of context and misrepresent what was said. We call those liars in my neck of the woods. She also commented that she is not stupid or delusional, which implies to her readers that I called her those things and there is no way for them to know whether I did or not since she plucked three sentences of mine out of the two pages worth of comments here on the subject and only posted those three sentences. I don't see why anyone would take offense to a person hoping that their child is at peace and hasn't been tortured for twenty three years, but I guess that's just me. I have no doubt that there are families of other missing people who would love for people to remember their loved one and still care enough about their fate to comment on it. Anyway, I'm done with the subject and I won't speak of the case again.
    Mammy you are good - I wouldn't even give this a second thought - especially the comments made on her page. You are right they do not know the whole conversation and they are naturally going to say things that make her feel better.

Most importantly you have the right to YOUR opinion and no one can take that away from you. That is what I love the most about our forum is our opinions are always welcomed.

Stay strong my friend - I know it is kind un-nerving (sp), but this woman has been through hell for the last 23 years, I'm sure she is pretty protective and it's not personal.

(((Hugs)))
    My Posse's On Broadway

WOW! didn't know about the rest of it Mammy. I am so sorry.

deathhaghun Guest
    Great post Mammy. I didn't see anything in your posts that said she was delusional or anything else. I was actually thinking of posting that in her blog but to be honest she probably wouldn't have allowed the post or would have picked it apart. I just thought it wasn't worth it. I think all of us were quite respectful of her daughter. I'm sure there are other forums where people aren't as nice. I think the fact that people are talking about means that her daughter isn't being forgotten. It shows that people actually care about the missing child even if they never knew her. I guess maybe she has her own issues with things but still she shouldn't have taken 3 sentances and brought them over to her blog and made it look like something it wasn't. I kind of felt she could have taken her own advice and read the thread probably and taken things into consideration.

Nelliebean Guest
    I didn't get the impression that she was bent out of shape, Mammy.

That woman has been thru hell and back thru the last 23 years. Countless interviews with cops, TV shows, ect, ect - having to re-live the moment her daughter was kidnapped, over and over again each time. I'd be pretty much a wreck myself.

Hopefully they find Michaela soon to give that poor woman some peace finally.

I wouldn't take it all to heart Mammy. Imagine if you were in her shoes and where your mind would be.

RebelRocker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post

Poor Micahela, poor mom
    It is just heartbreaking

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Her mom's blog really got to me. Sloppy work on the bone collectors.

Called it...

Nelliebean Guest
    So where are the rest of Michaela's bones? Makes me wonder how many "pieces" of people are still in those dumping zones.

Or have been co-mingled with the other girls' bones that were found and returned to the families.

lisalouver Guest
    Ok, this is the first time I have ever read this thread and looks like a lot going on.

Someone help me out, even though I read it... were Michaelas remains found? Was that one bone confirmed to be hers?

Have all the bones been Id'd?

Thanks, it may be laziness, but its hard to piece it together.

Nelliebean Guest
    A mother of one of the confirmed victims received her daughter's bones in a box. She took the box elsewhere for testing and a three inch bone in the box did not match her daughter's skeleton. The police ran some DNA testing on the bone and there were some matches to Michaela's mom. She is awaiting for final results, but it sounds like she already has her asnwer.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    A mother of one of the confirmed victims received her daughter's bones in a box. She took the box elsewhere for testing and a three inch bone in the box did not match her daughter's skeleton. The police ran some DNA testing on the bone and there were some matches to Michaela's mom. She is awaiting for final results, but it sounds like she already has her asnwer.
    Thanks for weeding it out for me Nellie. I was having a hell of a time there, LOL.

Thats why you said sloppy work.

I will keep posted on this one now.

Thanks again

Nelliebean Guest
    Looks like I did some sloppy typing! This is a California case and I've followed it for years. So how many other bones were left behind?

Still no word. Apparently a delay:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/daily-r...g-hayward-teen

RebelRocker Guest
    yeah her mom posted in her blog again about this.

Nelliebean Guest
    They took a freakin' backhoe in there? Holy crap! Who the Hell thought that was the thing to do????

lisalouver Guest
    I read the update today on Michaelas moms page...

The bone is taking longer than they thought to test. UGH

But the FBI is now attackinig a second well that that Wesley guy told them about.

I wish there would be an answer one way or another.

On a somewhat unrealted note, I didnt know that her mother has four other children.

Mammy, or anyone, know anything about Michaelas dad?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

Back to square one

I was really hoping for some closure on this one. I admit that it was a stretch but a possibility none the less.
    I am the king of all things stupid!