Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39464748
Results 2,351 to 2,398 of 2398

Thread: Former President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I'll give you the "better person and class and dignity" part but am I the only one who saw an increase in his paycheck after the Trump tax reform took effect? Obama only cost me money.
    No he didn't unless you among the poor. If so, then yes, you are right but since you saw a noticable increase under Trump, that is not likely the case.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Pauli, if they have I haven't seen it, prescriptions going up, I am disability and he is talking about cutting that and social security, as he feels it's entitlement, see it won't affect you, Pauli as you work and such but people like me, who cannot work, and paid into the system, worry everyday if their money is going to get cut, we barely make enough to live on,thank Goddess my husband has always had a good job and income, right now he isn't working, but at least we have enough to keep afloat for awhile, while other people, who are out of work, don't, so how is this tax break and anything Trump wants to do is going to help people like me and many others, who rely on assistance, most people have to choose between, food and medication or food, medication and heat, if Trump cuts funding to those programs, many people are screwed.
    Ok, I'm speaking from my personal experience. I can see how someone in an entirely different circumstance would experience something different. I'll leave it at that.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    What about people on SS? I always got a decent--for the government--COL raise. This year I got a whopping $5 per month. Aaaaand my prescription drugs went up.
    SS has never offered much more than a minimal existence, and that's not going to change given an aging population.

Anyone wanting a comfortable retirement needs to look beyond SS or CPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    SS has never offered much more than a minimal existence, and that's not going to change given an aging population.

Anyone wanting a comfortable retirement needs to look beyond SS or CPP.
    That doesn't make it right. I don't care about getting rich off of what I paid into SS. I just want to be able to eat and buy my meds and so on and so forth. That's not too much to ask of a government whose fat cats are getting fatter. Life has a way of boomeranging and it will fly up their nose one of these days.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-23-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Not voting for a war monger that sold out to Wall Street is not a difficult choice to make. I'll make it again if need be.

Bernie would have won. Voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil.
    Cool. Depending on what state you live in, and depending on how close the election is in 2020, I guess we'll see whether we have YOU to thank for Trump's re-election.

But I admire your purity. We can all take comfort in that when our rights our stripped away...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

That doesn't make it right. I don't care about getting rich off of what I paid into SS. I just want to be able to eat and buy my meds and so on and so forth. That's not too much to ask of a government whose fat cats are getting fatter. Life has a way of boomeranging and it will fly up their nose one of these days.
    We created billions if not trillions of dollars out of nothing for the banks/wall street but we will not allow people to import less expensive medication out of Canada. Yes, you are absolutely right, something is not right with this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Cool. Depending on what state you live in, and depending on how close the election is in 2020, I guess we'll see whether we have YOU to thank for Trump's re-election.

But I admire your purity. We can all take comfort in that when our rights our stripped away...
    I voted for the candidate that would have beaten Trump. Sanders would have won. I'm not the reason for Trump. Obama, like Bush argued he could ignore the due process rights of individuals. The reason we have Trump is because those complaining now, said nothing then.

Social Security is actually a very big financial burden, one that will have to be borne more and more by working taxpayers. The Social Security Trust Fund was squandered over the years, and now consists entirely of unsecured bonds backed only by the taxing power of the U.S. government (contrary to the claims of Bernie Sanders). Even maintaining Social Security benefits at current levels will become problematic, given the aging of the population. Things are a little better in Canada (the Canada Pension Plan is properly funded), but just as with Social Security, CPP and Old Age Security by themselves will only fund a modest lifestyle.

Yep Obama better President than Trump will ever be, and a much better human being, at least the Obama's have class and dignity, Lord Damp Nut has to look up the meaning of the word class.
    Very well said.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I actually did say something, about Trump. I said if he gets elected we are screwed, I didn't vote for him, and I sure as hell didn't vote for Hillary, I wanted Bernie in office, a lot of people that voted for Trump are now coming out saying they regret doing so and many of them only voted for him to keep the Clinton's out of the white house, If they had only voted for Bernie, I think a lot of good changes would have been done by now, I worry about what the future under the ass we have in office is going to be like, I cannot wait until 2020 gets here, just to be able to vote once more against him, I really don't see him getting elected again and I keep hoping he won't last his term, I do and will always support Obama, He was a president that had a lot of class, and was decent and never one word of scandal was mentioned in his two terms in office, and he is still doing more for the community than Trump ever will. Thank you London.

I do and will always support Obama, He was a president that had a lot of class, and was decent and never one word of scandal was mentioned in his two terms in office

• Benghazi
    • Fast and Furious
    • IRS targets conservative organizations
    • NSA mass surveillance
    • Bowe Bergdahl swap
    • Secret Service scandal
    • DoJ seizes journalist records
    • Solyndra
    • The Iran deal
    • Uranium One
    • Clinton email server
    • AP wiretaps
    • Trump Tower surveillance
    • FISAgate

Pk was talking about class. Aka being a gentleman, unlike that orange bowel movement we have in office.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-25-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I voted for the candidate that would have beaten Trump. Sanders would have won. I'm not the reason for Trump. Obama, like Bush argued he could ignore the due process rights of individuals. The reason we have Trump is because those complaining now, said nothing then.
    I don't know if you're talking about the primaries, but the point I was making was about the general election. When the only 2 viable options were Bonespur and HRC, anything other than a vote for HRC (and this includes not voting at all) was a de facto vote for Bonespur. Sadly, it's exactly that simple.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I don't know if you're talking about the primaries, but the point I was making was about the general election. When the only 2 viable options were Bonespur and HRC, anything other than a vote for HRC (and this includes not voting at all) was a de facto vote for Bonespur. Sadly, it's exactly that simple.
    No, I voted for Jill Stein which was a vote for Jill Stein. If I had it to do over again, I would do the same. Pick a better candidate or next time I will do the same again.

I actually did say something, about Trump. I said if he gets elected we are screwed, I didn't vote for him, and I sure as hell didn't vote for Hillary, I wanted Bernie in office, a lot of people that voted for Trump are now coming out saying they regret doing so and many of them only voted for him to keep the Clinton's out of the white house, If they had only voted for Bernie, I think a lot of good changes would have been done by now, I worry about what the future under the ass we have in office is going to be like, I cannot wait until 2020 gets here, just to be able to vote once more against him, I really don't see him getting elected again and I keep hoping he won't last his term, I do and will always support Obama, He was a president that had a lot of class, and was decent and never one word of scandal was mentioned in his two terms in office, and he is still doing more for the community than Trump ever will. Thank you London.
    Bernies agenda was at best unsustainable and at worse, a complete train wreck. It all sounded nice, free college, free health care, higher min wage..... I don't mean any disrespect and I only bring it up because you brought it up but the bottom line is in your situation, it makes sense but you are of the minority. For the rest of us tax payers the amount that taxes would have to be raised to pay for this would be paralyzing. It would end consumption and the taxes generated from that and collapse the economy.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Bernies agenda was at best unsustainable and at worse, a complete train wreck. It all sounded nice, free college, free health care, higher min wage..... I don't mean any disrespect and I only bring it up because you brought it up but the bottom line is in your situation, it makes sense but you are of the minority. For the rest of us tax payers the amount that taxes would have to be raised to pay for this would be paralyzing. It would end consumption and the taxes generated from that and collapse the economy.
    He didn't claim that anything was going to be free. He explained how all of his programs would be paid for, quite unlike what we have done the last couple decades.

For instance.......schooling. He advocated for a small transaction tax on trades. We created billions of dollars to bail out the markets, why shouldn't everyone benefit from that? Once graduated, most would then also pay this tax.

Pk was talking about class. Aka being a gentleman, unlike that orange bowel movement we have in office.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy
    never one word of scandal was mentioned in his two terms in office
    Classy or not, numerous scandals occurred during the Obama administration, most of them related to abuse of power.

And, I forgot to include how Obama reneged on the deal with Libyan leader Gaddafi, in which Gaddafi renounced weapons of mass destruction in return for peace with the U.S. Instead, in 20111, Obama, at the urging of Hillary Clinton, moved to overthrow Gaddafi's regime with military force under the pretext of protecting civilians (while the actual goal was regime change). That act of treachery demonstrated that the U.S. cannot be trusted to keep its word, a key driver of the present day crisis with North Korea.

He didn't claim that anything was going to be free.
    If you look at his agenda on his website he calls health care a "right" for all. You don't charge people for a right. That would be like taxing you for the right of free speech.
    --McCourt

• Benghazi That was the Department of Defense's doing not Obama or Hillary's
    • Fast and Furious (That was the ATF Obama once again had nothing to do this, he did not authorize it, again where is your proof, ? )
    • IRS targets conservative organizations (IRS, issue not Obama, there were allegations, but not proven again where is hard proof?)
    • NSA mass surveillance (LOL we are under surveillance every day, at the ATM they have cameras, stores have cameras, stop lights have cameras, your web history, eh weak attempt at trying to pin this one him as well. Also senate and house reps approved it, once again, not Obama)
    • Bowe Bergdahl swap (They did what they did as they were afraid for his life, again allegations and not enough proof. )
    • Secret Service scandal (Let's see there have been scandals with them for awhile, even last year, so can't blame Obama for this one either)
    • DoJ seizes journalist records (AP noted that Machen's office is reportedly conducting a criminal investigation to uncover the source of information that AP published in a story on May 7, 2012 about a foiled terror plot. The story provided details of a CIA operation in Yemen that halted an al-Qaida plot to detonate a bomb on an airplane headed to the U.S. (I would look into it as well, seems they were reporting more than they should have and could have cost lives)
    • Solyndra https://techcrunch.com/2011/10/04/wh...spectacularly/ (This can happen at anytime with start ups and trying to get things off the ground)
    • The Iran dealhttp://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33521655
    • Uranium One The convictions of Guryev and Mikerin are not new, and there’s no evidence that either case has any connection to the Rosatom-Uranium One merger. Nevertheless, the article has prompted the Republican chairmen of the House intelligence and oversight committees to announce a joint investigation of the merger. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...e-clinton.html
    • Clinton email server (FBI found nothing to get her on, is there any proof or alligations)
    • AP wiretaps President Donald Trump’s unsupported charge that predecessor Barack Obama had ordered wiretapping at Trump Tower has prompted Trump’s supporters to search for other examples under Obama. What they came up with falls short of doing that. https://apnews.com/b89a121c72794bcfbfcc92e9299d7e0f
    • Trump Tower surveillance (There is still no evidence that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump or Trump Tower. Trump misrepresented the process in his tweets.)
    • FISAgate (If this is true, how can it be worse than Trump/Russia deal during Trump's Election and campaign )

If you look at his agenda on his website he calls health care a "right" for all. You don't charge people for a right. That would be like taxing you for the right of free speech.
    If we don't have to pay for the wars, we shouldn't have to pay for health care.

• Benghazi That was the Department of Defense's doing not Obama or Hillary's
    We had NO business being there in the first place. Obama with the backing of Hillary got us involved. We were arming the terrorists in Syria out of Benghazi. Obama was the president or not.

Fast and Furious (That was the ATF Obama once again had nothing to do this, he did not authorize it, again where is your proof, ?

No, it was the DOJ under Holder. Under Obama. An Attorney General doesn't do something like this without the presidents knowledge.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/world/americas/operation-fast-and-furious-fast-facts/index.html

IRS targets conservative organizations (IRS, issue not Obama, there were allegations, but not proven again where is hard proof?)
    Obama held no one accountable.

NSA mass surveillance (LOL we are under surveillance every day, at the ATM they have cameras, stores have cameras, stop lights have cameras, your web history, eh weak attempt at trying to pin this one him as well. Also senate and house reps approved it, once again, not Obama)
    https://www.circa.com/story/2017/05/...cans-for-years

Is he responsible for nothing that went on in his administration?

I'm not going to do them all.

We had NO business being there in the first place. Obama with the backing of Hillary got us involved. We were arming the terrorists in Syria out of Benghazi. Obama was the president or not.
    Obama signed off on overthrowing Gaddafi with a war based on a lie. His sycophants can't explain that one away.

"Was the U.S. intervention in Libya good for regional security? Of course not. The inability of the rebels or the assisting outside powers to stand up a legitimate government that could control the landmass of Libya led to anarchy. Along with that anarchy came disorganized attempts at ethnic cleansing against sub-Saharan African workers in Libya, the destabilization of neighboring Mali, and then the establishment of the Libyan coast as a center for human smuggling and mass migration into Europe over the Mediterranean. In turn, this has destabilized European politics, bringing about the near destruction of the EU’s Schengen border arrangements, and political turmoil. The swift ascent of populist parties in Italy is directly attributable to these events."

Lessons of the U.S. destabilization of Libya.
    Last edited by Maxster; 03-29-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Obama signed off on overthrowing Gaddafi with a war based on a lie. His sycophants can't explain that one away.

"Was the U.S. intervention in Libya good for regional security? Of course not. The inability of the rebels or the assisting outside powers to stand up a legitimate government that could control the landmass of Libya led to anarchy. Along with that anarchy came disorganized attempts at ethnic cleansing against sub-Saharan African workers in Libya, the destabilization of neighboring Mali, and then the establishment of the Libyan coast as a center for human smuggling and mass migration into Europe over the Mediterranean. In turn, this has destabilized European politics, bringing about the near destruction of the EU’s Schengen border arrangements, and political turmoil. The swift ascent of populist parties in Italy is directly attributable to these events."

Lessons of the U.S. destabilization of Libya.
    All of it has been a lie. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, etc. I know this is not a political sight but...........

Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary, McCain, Trump and others deserve to rot in hell for what they have done.

I know this is not a political sight but...........
    This is a political thread.

No, I voted for Jill Stein which was a vote for Jill Stein. If I had it to do over again, I would do the same. Pick a better candidate or next time I will do the same again.
    Nope. A vote for Stein was a de facto vote for Trump. But the good news is - depending on what state you live in - you probably didn't do any practical damage.

But here's a suggestion: In 2020, why don't you vote for ME? Based on your posts on these forums, I think our belief systems align fairly well - setting aside my ability to see the big picture - and I can assure you I have at LEAST as much chance of winning as Jill Stein.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Nope. A vote for Stein was a de facto vote for Trump. But the good news is - depending on what state you live in - you probably didn't do any practical damage.

But here's a suggestion: In 2020, why don't you vote for ME? Based on your posts on these forums, I think our belief systems align fairly well - setting aside my ability to see the big picture - and I can assure you I have at LEAST as much chance of winning as Jill Stein.
    I will not vote for anyone that I do not believe will get us out of the wars and I especially will not vote for someone that I believe will escalate things. Obama promised to not do this but did. Hillary threatened to shoot down Russian planes and never saw a war she didn't like.

It really doesn't concern me how you see it, that is how my vote will go. I find it sad that such a candidate is so hard for others to support.

Here's a couple of heads up: why don't we all respect the other guy's opinion without criticism and one another's right to vote as they see fit
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-29-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

If we don't have to pay for the wars, we shouldn't have to pay for health care.
    We do pay for wars with our taxes.
    --McCourt

We do pay for wars with our taxes.
    We are 21 trillion in debt and will never pay it and a lot of that is the costs of the wars. Bush even argued that we shouldn't even bother counting in the war costs.

We are 21 trillion in debt and will never pay it and a lot of that is the costs of the wars. Bush even argued that we shouldn't even bother counting in the war costs.
    Comparing wars with the cost of health care is about as apples V oranges as it gets. Not sure how to continue the discussion. Are you saying we should run deficits on health care like we do wars?
    --McCourt

I am enjoying it that the Obama thread is getting as much action lately as the one for Bonespur, if not more.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Comparing wars with the cost of health care is about as apples V oranges as it gets. Not sure how to continue the discussion. Are you saying we should run deficits on health care like we do wars?
    I'm asking the question. We do not pay for the wars, why should we have to pay for other things? Which would be money better not spent?

John Thomas we do pay for war, not sure where you got that information, how do you think wars are paid for? It doesn't just magically appear, a lot of the times they borrow money and then the national debt goes up, why do you think a lot of those on Social Security is bitching about the government borrowing from social security and not paying back, they moved a lot of social security money into the general fund and then they took out of the general fund to help pay for wars, this information is coming from my hubby who knows all about this as he did a lot of research for years on wars, and government and such. It would be nice if they could print more money to pay for it..but that is a whole other debate and stuff I don't have time to get into.

John Thomas we do pay for war, not sure where you got that information, how do you think wars are paid for? It doesn't just magically appear, a lot of the times they borrow money and then the national debt goes up, why do you think a lot of those on Social Security is bitching about the government borrowing from social security and not paying back, they moved a lot of social security money into the general fund and then they took out of the general fund to help pay for wars, this information is coming from my hubby who knows all about this as he did a lot of research for years on wars, and government and such. It would be nice if they could print more money to pay for it..but that is a whole other debate and stuff I don't have time to get into.
    We are 21 Trillion in debt. (and growing) We are not paying for the wars. Again, Bush argued that we shouldn't even bother worrying about it. That the wars shouldn't even be a part of the budget.

Why is war debt that we aren't going to pay better than health care?

John Thomas, our income taxes are spent on war, so please tell me how we aren't paying for war, where the hell do you think the money is coming from to fund wars?
    It is that context which makes so valuable a little-noticed clause in this year’s defense authorization bill requiring the defense secretary and Internal Revenue Service commissioner to put online the full cost, “including the relevant legacy costs, to each American taxpayer of each of the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.” This means the Defense Department and IRS will be required to calculate how much each and every one of us has spent on the last decade and a half of military intervention in all three of these countries.

It’s sure to be a hefty bill. Already we’ve dropped an estimated $5 trillion on Iraq and Afghanistan alone, and counting those “relevant legacy costs”—like long-term healthcare commitments to U.S. veterans and interest on the debt incurred by these wars—the total is projected to top $12 trillion by 2053. With a current count of about 120 million taxpayers, that comes out to a cool $100,000 a head.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#15d6d0e65246

As of Monday, the average American taxpayer will have paid nearly $7,500 to fund the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria since the 9/11 attacks, according to previously unreported Pentagon budget data sent to Congress this summer.
    This fiscal year, each U.S. taxpayers will pay about $289 for both wars, according to the Defense Department data. Next year — fiscal 2018 — that number would drop to $281 per taxpayer, if Congress were to pass the White House’s spending request unchanged, which won’t happen. And there’s another reason that number is likely to change: the Trump administration’s plan to send more American troops to Afghanistan .
    Americans paid the most for the wars in 2010, an average of $767 apiece. The annual amount declined through 2016 to $204 per taxpayer, before growing again as the U.S. ramped up its airstrike campaign against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2...-syria/141337/

Hi PK, I too always thought the military budget was tax based~I.E. taxpayers...So, You are right, It doesn’t just magically appear.. Wish it did though.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi PK, I too always thought the military budget was tax based~I.E. taxpayers...So, You are right, It doesn’t just magically appear.. Wish it did though.
    It doesn't just magically appear. It's borrowed and we are $21 Trillion in debt.

Taxpayers have been paying 32.8 million per year--Correction: that's 32.8 million per hour (thanks Khan!) to fund wars since 2001

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/war/
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-08-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've been pretty much opposed to the idea of war except under certain circumstances.
    But now, I don't know.

$700 - $800 a year each seems like a pretty good deal all things considered.
    I bet we pay more than that just trying to do something about pollution and climate change; and that stuff isn't even real.

I had no idea that war offered such a good value.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

JohnThomas, not going to keep showing you facts, yes the US borrows money, but the American people pay for wars but any way

https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/12/polit...las/index.html

We haven't begun to pay for what we have done.

Watch your image sizes. This one is just a hair below getting a card.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-07-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watch your image sizes. This one is just a hair below getting a card.
    Very sorry about that, I didn't know......now I do. Thanks.

You're most welcome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Taxpayers have been paying 32.8 million per year to fund wars since 2001

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/war/
    Actually, according to that site, it's $32.8 million per hour. The total is over $4 trillion.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Actually, according to that site, it's $32.8 million per hour. The total is over $4 trillion.
    My eyes! Thanks!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

All of us sane people miss Barack O'Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Did Obama actually cite Mark 10:25 somewhere? That was just the first thing that came to me off the top of my head.

Now see what I've gotten myself into - I'm gonna have to get my Bible and my concordance down from the shelf and do some studying.
    Oh please like Donald Trump knows anything about the Bible.