Thread: Susan Cabot

Susan Cabot

[SIZE=3]What ever became of her son. The one that was convicted for beating her to death her to death. Anyone know?[/SIZE]

erin Guest
    good question. hmmm, the world's very first dwarf killer.... what happened to you?

djdeath-hag Guest
    Amazing that Tim got such a short sentence....no pun intended!

knothere Guest
    hmm ya be interesting to see how he lives his life now

lulu Guest
    Read about her yesterday, the son seems to have disappeared. Very sad...

leevancleef Guest
    Susan's death is indeed very tragic, ive always thougth that this story is a very sad one... It seems that Susan had become a very weird person in her last years.

Mcgowan To Play Tragic B-movie Star Cabot.... Marilyn Manson's ex-girlfriend Rose McGowan has signed on to play legendary B-movie actress Susan Cabot in a new biopic.
    The film, Black Oasis, is based on a Premiere magazine article about The Wasp Woman star's rise to fame and her bizarre death in 1986.
    Cabot was killed when her dwarf son Timothy bludgeoned her with a weightlifting bar. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Amazing that Tim got such a short sentence....no pun intended!
    haaaaaaaaa
    it was intended! you know it!

The Susan Cabot story was just.....odd. Someone on a message board said they worked for a grocery store in California or wherever she lived and dealt with the kid. They said he didn't look like a dwarf, and that he basically just looked really young. Long story short, they had to give the kid a ride to town or something and they said all he did was constantly bitch about his mom and how he hated her. They didn't think much of it, just thought it was teen angst or something. Next thing you know, she's dead.

I have no idea if that story was true, but I found it interesting. I seem to remember reading he's still living in California or something. It is a bit odd that he was charged with manslaughter. I guess the state figured he'd gone through enough.

John Connor Guest
    You can see Susan Cabot in her greatest role as The Wasp Woman here. It's a great movie.

http://www.classiccinemaonline.com/c...waspwoman.html

Long Gone Day Guest

I..just..looked..her..up..and..it..says..she..was..raised..in..a
    series..of..eight..foster..homes....I..was..trying..to..find
    anywhere..if..the..son..mentioned..why..he..did..this..but
    couldnt..find..anything....She..was..very..beautiful.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post

I think he did it because she drove him nuts and had an incestuous relationship with him or the next step over. She was nuts. Looks wise, okay.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Thanks..for..explaining..that...I..had
    a..feeling..when..it..mentioned..her
    childhood..was...whacked....with
    eight..foster..homes....Such..a.
    shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post

Is it me or does Catt Sadler from that E! show the Daily 10 look like Susan?

"You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Wonder if she ever got a proper marker.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Nope...Tim is dead...Died a few years back...

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    Is it me or does Catt Sadler from that E! show the Daily 10 look like Susan?
    Kinda ... around the mouth ..I think .

InBruges Guest
    This case always disturbed and freaked me out. That a son could do that to his mother. It was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by InBruges View Post
    This case always disturbed and freaked me out. That a son could do that to his mother. It was awful.
    Yes InBruges ... very disturbing .. to be killed by your own child. Don't think Mother /son had a very healthy relationship. It seems to me that in a story I read that it was implied there was some sort of a sexual relationship between the two.

Susan Cabot's son?

did the son die, and how was he able to support himself?

Several of us have been working on getting Susan Cabot's grave marked, and people that knew Susan are split on whether he is alive or not. There is strong evidence that he is dead, and was buried in a graveyard not close to his mother.

There is a woman who claims to be a niece that surfaces every now and then when something is mentioned about Susan. She seems credible due to the information she has provided, and she has never remarked either way about what happened to Tim.

I'm curious to find out myself if the great ninja fighter is still around.

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Yes InBruges ... very disturbing .. to be killed by your own child. Don't think Mother /son had a very healthy relationship. It seems to me that in a story I read that it was implied there was some sort of a sexual relationship between the two.
    I think that was the reason the son gave at his trial, and why he was only convicted of involuntary manslaughter instead of murder.

TheMasterKey Guest
    Timothy Scott Roman died on January 22, 2003, but I'm not sure how.

Hilde_Blue Guest
    I did a search of that name and 'death', apparently quite a few men with that name have died, none of them murderous dwarfs. JK

I remember a few months ago, I came across his blog, but I can't remember the link. It was him, though.

Hilde_Blue Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde_Blue View Post
    I did a search of that name and 'death', apparently quite a few men with that name have died, none of them murderous dwarfs. JK

I remember a few months ago, I came across his blog, but I can't remember the link. It was him, though.
    Okay, the blog was called "Life in Exile," he had a Facebook too, but both have been suspended.

TheMasterKey Guest
    RE: Timothy Scott Roman died on January 22, 2003, but I'm not sure how.

This Timothy has the same birthdate as Susan's son. They are one and the same.

Hilde_Blue Guest
    Well, THEN....this must not be him.

"Roman, who now lives in a Washington DC suburb, started a blog in December 2008 called 'Life in Exile'. He lists his occupation as "philosopher". http://blog.timmy-roman.com/

In the blog (which is also available under his name James Scott Roman at Facebook) he writes of the "duality of his nature", his "demons" and his belief that he is "forgiven" for past bad deeds.

He writes:

"I write because I have to; I have thoughts and words in my head that I must get out in order to be able to function and live a normal, happy life. If I don't write, I will get by, but I must say I would rather get them out and not have them clouding my everyday thoughts."

"I plan for Timmy-Roman.com to be a collaborative work on personal insights, religion, political philosophy, legal and political positioning, the music world, and many other areas of interest to myself and several of my colleagues"

"I am quite optimistic about the future."

Even though Roman never overtly mentions his mother's murder in his blog, he does cryptically refer to his past repeatedly in his writing.

In his first post he writes of his mother as if she were still alive and says that he has just returned to DC from visiting her in CA for the "holidays".

He repeatedly writes of his prayers for "the sanity of my brother in flesh, a devout schizophrenic."

Hilde_Blue Guest
    Yeah, it's definitely not him. The person here sounds younger, in the blogs he writes.

Rhonda Guest

OK, here's one for you...

So his obit doesn't exactly sound like it's him, but the age is right, the face could match, and the early death from health issues makes sense too. Hmmmmmm....

ROMAN, Timothy "Tim" Scott Timothy "Tim" Scott Roman, 45, of Enfield, lost his very courageous battle with cancer, on September 5, 2009, with his loving family at his side. Tim was born in Hartford on November 20, 1963, to Aline Mary (Luneau) Roman and the late Robert Stephen Roman and had lived in Enfield most of his life. He made a career as a machinist, spending the last five years at Westinghouse Nuclear in Windsor. A gifted musician, Tim especially loved playing the guitar and singing. He greatly appreciated art and often visited tag sales watching for unique pieces. Tim loved spending time outdoors hiking, kayaking, and going to the beach. He loved riding his motorcycle, even if it was only to go around the corner. Tim will always be remembered for his great sense of humor and how he enjoyed making people laugh. He loved his family with all his heart, and he derived his greatest pleasure from spending time with them. In addition to his mother, Aline, Tim is survived by his loving children, Mark Timothy Roman and Sarah Roman, both of Enfield; his brothers, Steven Roman and his wife, Susan, of Alton Bay, NH, and Ryan Roman and his wife, Amy, of Ruckersville, VA; his girlfriend Judi Kostek of Enfield; his good friend and Judi's daughter, Kaitlin Kostek; Tim's many cherished aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews; and his cat, "Samatha". Tim's family would like to express their gratitude to his co-workers at Westinghouse for their continued concern and support through his illness, and to the staff at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston for their care during his visits there. Tim's family will receive family and friends at Leete-Stevens Enfield Chapels, 61 South Road, Enfield on Wednesday, September 9, for his wake from 6-8 p.m. Relatives and friends may gather at Leete-Stevens Enfield Chapels on Thursday, September 10 at 10 a.m. for the funeral service, followed by burial in Enfield Street Cemetery. Donations in Tim's memory may be made to the Memorial & Honor Program, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942. To leave an on line message of sympathy or for directions please visit www. leetestevens.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabot2.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	28452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROMATIMO.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	28453  

I dunno - the pic looks like him, but the Obit is way off. Maybe he "adopted" another family or something....
    My Posse's On Broadway

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i thought he was the bio son of christopher jones?

Jones has had seven children by four women, and one son, Timothy, was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of his mother, actress Susan Cabot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz0s3kDSxtR
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 06-27-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    i thought he was the bio son of christopher jones?

Jones has had seven children by four women, and one son, Timothy, was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of his mother, actress Susan Cabot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz0s3kDSxtR

That's what I always thought since I read this article a while ago.
    Cindy

NewYorkDoll Guest

supposedly, rose macgowan is playing her in a film in development called *black oasis*. susan was only 4'10" according to macgowan. jones is a shrimp as well as being not of sound mind.

i also remember reading another article (can't find it now) where jones got very defensive about his lack of height and that he rejected timothy b/c that drew attention to his own lack of stature. he also tried to kill himself a few years back by drinking bleach.

I made arrangements with the cemetery to have Susan's grave market - and the marker went up today.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/c...susancabot.htm
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I made arrangements with the cemetery to have Susan's grave market - and the marker went up today.

Cool! I think her profile was the third one, after Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee, that I first read on findadeath.com.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well played, Scott - very kind of you.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

That's wonderful, Scott! You did a great job!

Good job!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    That is fantastic ! I wish I would have know so I could contributed in some way!

Three cheers for Scott!! That is a very kind thing to do.

So, has it been decided whether Susan's son is still alive or passed on?
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post

That is just... awesome!

It was announced on IMDB that Rose McGowan would play her, and was to be called Black Oasis, it's no longer on her upcoming projects. With the right people involved it could have been interesting.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Susan's son Timothy Scott Roman died of heart failure back in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if his heart condition was due to the experimental drugs he took over the years for dwarfism, but I didn't find any information regarding that, or how he was able to live on his own until his death. Fascinating story!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.