Thread: 10-day-old Baby Dies After Going Through Washing Machine

10-day-old Baby Dies After Going Through Washing Machine

"Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Wow, that is awful. That mother looks totally high in that picture. She was probably high out of her mind when this happened. Sickening.

I thought so, too, Chrissy. The article also said she'd had other children taken by protective services, and they were trying to get to this baby before she was even born.

"I just go here!"

How in the world do you get a baby mixed in with laundry? I hope they sterilize the druggy.

rjbrasher Guest
    ugh !

DrDeath Guest
    Oh I remember reading this in my pre Death Hag days. I mean, I've put badges, keys, money through the washer but anything alive? Er no. I can't understand how that happens

luvmypeanut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Oh I remember reading this in my pre Death Hag days. I mean, I've put badges, keys, money through the washer but anything alive? Er no. I can't understand how that happens
    I can't remember the last time I washed a load of underwear and it weighed about 7 or 8 lbs, was moving and squirming and felt warm..................

I wonder what steps they had taken to have her parental rights revoked when she was pregnant - someone dropped the ball on that one.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I wonder what steps they had taken to have her parental rights revoked when she was pregnant - someone dropped the ball on that one.
    I know here it is difficult to do so. Even if the mother has had a history of drug abuse or even if she has had addicted babies in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Nelliebean Guest
    Is it just me or have we seen the drugged out mom's picture on FAD before??

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmypeanut View Post
    I can't remember the last time I washed a load of underwear and it weighed about 7 or 8 lbs, was moving and squirming and felt warm..................
    Well exactly! Why do I get the feeling the ubiquitous meth is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I know here it is difficult to do so. Even if the mother has had a history of drug abuse or even if she has had addicted babies in the past.
    Here, too. My DFS worker was telling me that in the state of Missouri, it takes eighteen MONTHS for a judge to sever parental rights. And that is to give the parents a chance to do their part to get their kids back, or at least make a strong beginning in doing their part. Parents that do nothing at all within the 18 months get their rights severed.

Now, me, I've done everything the courts have asked and then some and as a result my kids are coming back. Jory will have been away from home almost 18 months by the time he's home to stay; Lizzie almost 16 months away from home. When we were in court Tuesday, I overheard a DFS worker telling two parents, who didn't seen to give a flying eff, "We can't get ahold of you. If we can't get ahold of you, how can we get you started in programs, get you a parent aid, and other things to help you get your kids home? Your cell number doesn't work, and neither does yours."

I was wondering how in the hell two parents can not give an eff and not be doing anything to get their kids back. It just boggled my mind.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Here, too. My DFS worker was telling me that in the state of Missouri, it takes eighteen MONTHS for a judge to sever parental rights. And that is to give the parents a chance to do their part to get their kids back, or at least make a strong beginning in doing their part. Parents that do nothing at all within the 18 months get their rights severed.

Now, me, I've done everything the courts have asked and then some and as a result my kids are coming back. Jory will have been away from home almost 18 months by the time he's home to stay; Lizzie almost 16 months away from home. When we were in court Tuesday, I overheard a DFS worker telling two parents, who didn't seen to give a flying eff, "We can't get ahold of you. If we can't get ahold of you, how can we get you started in programs, get you a parent aid, and other things to help you get your kids home? Your cell number doesn't work, and neither does yours."

I was wondering how in the hell two parents can not give an eff and not be doing anything to get their kids back. It just boggled my mind.
    They care. Kids mean more welfare money. They just don't want to do any work.

In all seriousness, cases like these make me feel pretty bad for authorities. People like to say that our legal system caters to the criminals/guilty party, and that often seems to include authorities on the victims' side. I'll bet there are some government workers pissed off about the 18 month policy right now.
    Last edited by lemmy17; 01-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmypeanut View Post
    Yeah, if your underwear is warm and squirmy I don't think the washing machine will help. I think you need to just burn it and start over with some new underwear.

(I got what you were saying, but the idea of someone's underwear in such a state made me giggle.)

jaylene Guest
    This is awful. Everyone knows babies are dry clean only. Honestly its terrible don't boo
    me please.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm a little surprised her little body was still intact.

aedgar5000 Guest
    This breaks my heart. Poor little sweetie.

Subject_B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Is it just me or have we seen the drugged out mom's picture on FAD before??
    I recognized her, too

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ashing-machine

Quote Originally Posted by lemmy17 View Post
    They care. Kids mean more welfare money. They just don't want to do any work.
    Having DFS involved with your family does not necessarily mean you are on welfare. Some are, yeah, but around here that's really not the norm. I get no welfare or any kind of benefits, at least not right now. When the kids come home they will be back on Medicaid and we will go back on food stamps. But it's assistance, it's not necessarily welfare. When the kids weren't here, I would've gotten only 1/4 of the food stamps I got when the kids were home. Since it was just me and I don't eat a whole lot, I just didn't worry about it. Now, especially with half my check going for insurance, I am going to need it.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Having DFS involved with your family does not necessarily mean you are on welfare. Some are, yeah, but around here that's really not the norm. I get no welfare or any kind of benefits, at least not right now. When the kids come home they will be back on Medicaid and we will go back on food stamps. But it's assistance, it's not necessarily welfare. When the kids weren't here, I would've gotten only 1/4 of the food stamps I got when the kids were home. Since it was just me and I don't eat a whole lot, I just didn't worry about it. Now, especially with half my check going for insurance, I am going to need it.
    I wasn't talking about everyone. Mostly making assumptions about the people who don't seen to care that their kids aren't around.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    This is awful. Everyone knows babies are dry clean only. Honestly its terrible don't boo
    me please.
    Well if they boo you, they boo me cos that made me smile. We'll take the rotten tomatoes they throw at us together!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Well if they boo you, they boo me cos that made me smile. We'll take the rotten tomatoes they throw at us together!
    Hmmm....The SissyBubby came with labels on their backs that said, "hand-wash only."

"I just go here!"

Of course, if I told them that, Bubby would think that it meant he only had to wash his hands and didn't have to shower. LOL

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    me please.
    Sorry I giggled too. Train to hell time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by lemmy17 View Post
    I wasn't talking about everyone. Mostly making assumptions about the people who don't seen to care that their kids aren't around.
    See the people who DON'T care are the ones who piss me off. After a year and a half without my kids, they are FINALLY coming home and I couldn't be happier!

"I just go here!"

DrDeath Guest
    Good news Ria!

Thanks! They've been coming home for day passes since right before Thanksgiving, and weekends since Christmas. They're going to be eased home over the course of the next six weeks. I couldn't be happier.

"I just go here!"