Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roseanne - the TV show

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.

Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Awesome!
    Last edited by Upset; 06-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.

Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Don't forget "twatmuffin."

Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.
    Brandon Lee

A link to the newspaper proper is at the end of each article on the following blog

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.
    True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    I don't know. She was the/an executive producer. I don't know if that has anything to do with it; otherwise I guess they don't want her face out there. Maybe they can continue the reboot with out her. I heard they were thinking about making Sara Gilbert the major character.
    Brandon Lee

A link to the newspaper proper is at the end of each article on the following blog

Don't forget "twatmuffin."

Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Roseanne is pretty much toast. I doubt she can salvage it at all. Pretty much forgotten now but Roseanne in 2002 tried to break it into radio. A lot of big stations like WABC, WLS and KDKA were interested including my radio station. Then it went away because program directors were 100% sure she would do something stupid so her radio days were over before it even started.

I agree, her co-stars are screwed even if they are innocent, which they are. They have the misfortune of being guilty by association.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.
    I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.
    Brandon Lee

I would like to see Rosie O'donnell replace Roseanne
    on the show.
    Just to see right-wing American like Trump go crazy.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

They already set up Roseanneís opioid addiction. They could kill her off and continue the show. Itís kind of perfect.

I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.
    Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.
    Brandon Lee

Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.
    It's okay Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.
    I totally agree...10 seasons and done.