Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roseanne - the TV show

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.

Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Awesome!
    Last edited by Upset; 06-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.

Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Don't forget "twatmuffin."

Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.
    True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    I don't know. She was the/an executive producer. I don't know if that has anything to do with it; otherwise I guess they don't want her face out there. Maybe they can continue the reboot with out her. I heard they were thinking about making Sara Gilbert the major character.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Don't forget "twatmuffin."

Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Roseanne is pretty much toast. I doubt she can salvage it at all. Pretty much forgotten now but Roseanne in 2002 tried to break it into radio. A lot of big stations like WABC, WLS and KDKA were interested including my radio station. Then it went away because program directors were 100% sure she would do something stupid so her radio days were over before it even started.

I agree, her co-stars are screwed even if they are innocent, which they are. They have the misfortune of being guilty by association.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.
    I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I would like to see Rosie O'donnell replace Roseanne
    on the show.
    Just to see right-wing American like Trump go crazy.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

They already set up Roseanneâ??s opioid addiction. They could kill her off and continue the show. Itâ??s kind of perfect.

I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.

The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.
    It's okay Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.
    I totally agree...10 seasons and done.

They are moving forward with "The Conners," without Roseanne.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    They are moving forward with "The Conners," without Roseanne.
    Yeah. I read a little about this yesterday. I'm curious as to how they will explain Roseanne's absence. I wondered if they may kill her off the show but she still owns the rights to her character so I'm not sure how that works. I just know she reached some kind of agreement with Carsey-Warner or whoever owns the show now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She should be the lead of the show in the next season.

Sarah Gilbert probably will be the lead. They did set up Roseanne's opiate habit but also she was supposed to get the knee operation at the end of the show. They could have her die on the operating table to explain her absence. I also wanted an explanation for Mark's death. They never said how he died. They also never said a word about Jackie's son, Andy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Or, they could be topical, and have her chased across the street by an angry mob incited by Maxine Waters, where she gets flattened by a sanctuary city transport. Now that would be comedy, right, Peter Fonda?

I wondered if they had ever said anything about Mark. I only saw the first few episodes of this reboot, but yes, the opiate thing has been set in place and would be convenient. Did Johnny Galecki ever appear on the new show? I heard he was going to but wasn't sure if it happened. I forgot Jackie had a son too.

They did mention the fact that Mark is dead but they didn't say how. Johnny Galecki did appear for one episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    They did mention the fact that Mark is dead but they didn't say how. Johnny Galecki did appear for one episode.
    There was a picture of him in uniform, so they left it up to the viewers to figure he died while serving his country.

"The Conners" is set to debut October 16th. That's pretty quick.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/enter...ate/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Roseanne just like Paula Deen did, is shut up and
    go away for awhile.
    In that people forget about you for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Roseanne just like Paula Deen did, is shut up and
    go away for awhile.
    In that people forget about you for a few years.
    The problem is, unlike Paula, she doesn't know when to keep quiet. She is still saying she is innocent and did nothing wrong on Twitter while attacking anyone who says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The problem is, unlike Paula, she doesn't know when to keep quiet. She is still saying she is innocent and did nothing wrong on Twitter while attacking anyone who says otherwise.
    Very True.