Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 128 of 128

Thread: Roseanne - the TV show

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.


    Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Awesome!
    Last edited by Upset; 06-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Great - now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to incorporate "cunt" and "ape" into polite conversation.
    I just got, "Move away, you feckless fucker" figured out, I thought maybe I could take a break from working on my conversational skills for a day or two, but you guys just won't let me.


    Frequenting FAD continues to enrich my vocabulary.
    It's like "asshat", and "as you do"; all over again.
    Don't forget "twatmuffin."

    Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Granted, but I don't like the idea of her getting royalties.
    True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    I don't know. She was the/an executive producer. I don't know if that has anything to do with it; otherwise I guess they don't want her face out there. Maybe they can continue the reboot with out her. I heard they were thinking about making Sara Gilbert the major character.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CUMberland, Maryland
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Don't forget "twatmuffin."

    Her career will never be the same, IF she can salvage it. Kathy Griffin's isn't the same after her stunt. I do think it was going too far to pull the "Roseanne" DVDs off shelves. Roseanne's costars didn't do anything and it's not fair to them.
    Roseanne is pretty much toast. I doubt she can salvage it at all. Pretty much forgotten now but Roseanne in 2002 tried to break it into radio. A lot of big stations like WABC, WLS and KDKA were interested including my radio station. Then it went away because program directors were 100% sure she would do something stupid so her radio days were over before it even started.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    True. But couldn't they cut her off from the royalties and still let her innocent costars receive them? Because of her, they're ALL screwed.
    I agree, her co-stars are screwed even if they are innocent, which they are. They have the misfortune of being guilty by association.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    ABC is in works to get a spinoff for the cast, I have a feeling they are going to kill off Roseanne and Darlene is going to have to pick up the pieces and try to hold everyone together, or it's going to be Darlene, and how she is dealing as a single mom and going to be much like her mom, who knows, I hope the rest of the cast get the show.
    I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    I would like to see Rosie O'donnell replace Roseanne
    on the show.
    Just to see right-wing American like Trump go crazy.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    325
    They already set up Roseanneís opioid addiction. They could kill her off and continue the show. Itís kind of perfect.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I heard Sara Gilbert. But who knows.
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,246
    The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.
    Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ooops. Now you know how much I know about the actors and the characters they played.
    It's okay Cindy
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The original show was good and really funny. I loved the writing. They just need to let it fade off into the sunset because trying to come up with a spinoff is just going to tarnish the memory. You know it will suck. I was looking forward to another season but it's not going to happen now so they need to just let it go. It's over.
    I totally agree...10 seasons and done.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    They are moving forward with "The Conners," without Roseanne.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    They are moving forward with "The Conners," without Roseanne.
    Yeah. I read a little about this yesterday. I'm curious as to how they will explain Roseanne's absence. I wondered if they may kill her off the show but she still owns the rights to her character so I'm not sure how that works. I just know she reached some kind of agreement with Carsey-Warner or whoever owns the show now.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sarah Gilbert is Darlene on the show.
    She should be the lead of the show in the next season.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,246
    Sarah Gilbert probably will be the lead. They did set up Roseanne's opiate habit but also she was supposed to get the knee operation at the end of the show. They could have her die on the operating table to explain her absence. I also wanted an explanation for Mark's death. They never said how he died. They also never said a word about Jackie's son, Andy.

  21. #121
    Or, they could be topical, and have her chased across the street by an angry mob incited by Maxine Waters, where she gets flattened by a sanctuary city transport. Now that would be comedy, right, Peter Fonda?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,208
    I wondered if they had ever said anything about Mark. I only saw the first few episodes of this reboot, but yes, the opiate thing has been set in place and would be convenient. Did Johnny Galecki ever appear on the new show? I heard he was going to but wasn't sure if it happened. I forgot Jackie had a son too.


  23. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,246
    They did mention the fact that Mark is dead but they didn't say how. Johnny Galecki did appear for one episode.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    They did mention the fact that Mark is dead but they didn't say how. Johnny Galecki did appear for one episode.
    There was a picture of him in uniform, so they left it up to the viewers to figure he died while serving his country.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    "The Conners" is set to debut October 16th. That's pretty quick.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/enter...ate/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Roseanne just like Paula Deen did, is shut up and
    go away for awhile.
    In that people forget about you for a few years.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Roseanne just like Paula Deen did, is shut up and
    go away for awhile.
    In that people forget about you for a few years.
    The problem is, unlike Paula, she doesn't know when to keep quiet. She is still saying she is innocent and did nothing wrong on Twitter while attacking anyone who says otherwise.

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The problem is, unlike Paula, she doesn't know when to keep quiet. She is still saying she is innocent and did nothing wrong on Twitter while attacking anyone who says otherwise.
    Very True.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •