Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyron Horman

Kyron Horman

LE turns eye on stepmother. I felt like it was her from the beginning, and even started to post about it, but I was under the impression that teachers and students had seen the boy, too. Wrong. Stepmother was the last person to see him. And get this: after she reported him missing she went to the gym. http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...0?ncid=webmail
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rhonda Guest

Kyron Horman

Portland Police have put out a new flyer featuring a photo of the stepmother and her white truck that she was driving the day she dropped off Kyron. The police are releasing it to hopefully "jog people's memory." They now say that the stepmom is the last person to have seen Kyron. They will not name her as a person of suspicion. However, one of our local newspapers says that her story keeps changing and that her cell phone records do not match what she has told investigators.

The plot thickens.....

The Kyron Horman case rang a bell with me from day one. In 1992, there was a murder in eastern Kentucky-10 year old Scotty Baker. We've even discussed it in the Other Deaths thread here before. Now that the stepmom is under scrutiny in Kyron's case, it reminds me even more of it. I wrote an article about it on my site discussing the similarities after attention turned to the stepmom. Deja vu.

I hadn't considered the possibility he might still be in the building. Definitely creepy. I would *hope* that they went through and checked all the lockers, storage cabinets, etc-anywhere where a child could have been put or gotten himself into and gotten stuck. But we've all heard of cases where the seemingly obvious places to search (in hindsight, anyway) were overlooked at first.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    LE turns eye on stepmother. I felt like it was her from the beginning, and even started to post about it, but I was under the impression that teachers and students had seen the boy, too. Wrong. Stepmother was the last person to see him. And get this: after she reported him missing she went to the gym. http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...0?ncid=webmail

Didn't someone take a picture of him in front of his project? That was the only reason that I haven't suspected her up until this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I hope I am wrong, but my first gut instinct when this story broke was "the Stepmother did something"... I just can't believe that not one person saw him enter the building. Does the school not have camera's?

So many unanswered questions.
    My Posse's On Broadway

STORMIE Guest

Found on People.com

Update on Kyron:

Court Docs: Missing Boy's Stepmom Tried to 'Abduct' Own Daughter

By Eunice Oh
    Monday July 12, 2010 07:20 PM EDT

Kyron Horman and Terri Horman
    FBI; Landov

It's just getting worse for Terri Moulton Horman.

Four days ago, her estranged husband Kaine said he believed she was involved in the June 4 disappearance of his son, Kyron Horman, 7, from a school outside Portland, Ore.

Now, in court papers filed Monday, Kaine Horman alleges Terri recently went to a gym daycare center "looking to 'abduct' her daughter" with Kaine, 19-month-old Kiara, while the Kaine was working out.

RELATED: Dad Thinks Stepmom Is Involved with Kyron's Disappearance

A receptionist at the gym told the manager that Terri asked to be notified the next time the father and daughter were there, a motion filed by Kaine's lawyer alleges. Law enforcement officials were notified, the papers say.

The documents also say that authorities informed Kaine that Terri was recently having an affair with a man named Michael Cook, engaging in "multiple contacts via phone calls, text messages and personal contacts."

The relationship began around June 30 and Cook and Horman have been "sexting" since then, the motion states, four days after Kaine moved out of the couple's Portland-area home and filed papers for divorce and a restraining order.

The allegations are contained in court papers in which Kaine asked a judge to hold Terri in contempt of court for showing the then-sealed restraining order to Cook, who allegedly took a cell phone photo of the document. The motion says Cook did a Google search to map Kaine's new address, which had been on the restraining order.

Update in Kyron Horman's Case (Oregon missing boy):
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/26...-kyron-horman/

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Update in Kyron Horman's Case (Oregon missing boy):
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/26...-kyron-horman/
    I really wonder when this will finally break open.
    I hate to say it but the step mom looks as if she knows something.

This weekend marks 6 months that Kyron Horman has been missing. I am still holding out hope. Remember Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart.

Come home soon Kyron!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Guest Guest
    aww little Kyron.

Karma..as much as I would love to believe that he's still with us being held against his will..sadly I don't. I believe he fell victim to his step mother's jealousy and she took his life...my hope is that they find his remains so his family can lay him to rest and that this woman is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

my son bares a striking resemblance to Kyron..so much so when he went with his father to San Diego last summer..my son's dad carried my son's birth certificate with him just in case someone stopped him...at one point at the convention center a woman was passing them..stopped dead in her tracks and just stared at my son while they were waiting in line...she watched him for a moment and then noticed my son's dad looking at her back and she sorta snapped out of it and said..I'm sorry...but he looks so much like that little boy that's missing...and my son's dad reassured her that it was okay..we expected someone to maybe think Jack was Kyron and then showed her photos on his phone that dated back years and offered to show his birth certificate as well..she declined..but said that was a wise thing for him to carry with him because at first glance you'd think my son was Kyron..especially when my son remembers to wear his glasses! lol...he's 9..he forgets..lol

See..what convinces me that Teri Horman is guilty is this...she had the means to get $300,000 and didn't use it as a reward or to pay a private investigator...she used it to lawyer up...if she has done nothing wrong...if she is not responsible for Kyron's disappearance and is being wrongfully accused...I would think she would use her resources to find that little boy..but instead..she's using those resources for herself.

He looked like he was a very sweet little boy...who loved his daddy and his baby sister and his real mommy...I'm just sorry that Teri Horman's selfishness ended this child's life...my hope is that he's found soon and laid to rest by people who love him.

Nicki Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    aww little Kyron.

Karma..as much as I would love to believe that he's still with us being held against his will..sadly I don't. I believe he fell victim to his step mother's jealousy and she took his life...my hope is that they find his remains so his family can lay him to rest and that this woman is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

my son bares a striking resemblance to Kyron..so much so when he went with his father to San Diego last summer..my son's dad carried my son's birth certificate with him just in case someone stopped him...at one point at the convention center a woman was passing them..stopped dead in her tracks and just stared at my son while they were waiting in line...she watched him for a moment and then noticed my son's dad looking at her back and she sorta snapped out of it and said..I'm sorry...but he looks so much like that little boy that's missing...and my son's dad reassured her that it was okay..we expected someone to maybe think Jack was Kyron and then showed her photos on his phone that dated back years and offered to show his birth certificate as well..she declined..but said that was a wise thing for him to carry with him because at first glance you'd think my son was Kyron..especially when my son remembers to wear his glasses! lol...he's 9..he forgets..lol

See..what convinces me that Teri Horman is guilty is this...she had the means to get $300,000 and didn't use it as a reward or to pay a private investigator...she used it to lawyer up...if she has done nothing wrong...if she is not responsible for Kyron's disappearance and is being wrongfully accused...I would think she would use her resources to find that little boy..but instead..she's using those resources for herself.

He looked like he was a very sweet little boy...who loved his daddy and his baby sister and his real mommy...I'm just sorry that Teri Horman's selfishness ended this child's life...my hope is that he's found soon and laid to rest by people who love him.
    What is it with these deranged Stepmothers lately. Sadly I agree with you too. I think she did it.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Kyron Horman's mother will be on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight ; she said she put up posters of Kyron outside and around of the red-head's mom house- the stepmom's parents house- to remind the woman of what she did to Kyron. Apparently the step-mom hated Kyron. Sick.
    I am sorry I missed that. I try to catch everything Desiree Young is on to see if they are any closer to arresting Terri Horman. Terri is evil.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Exclamation Kyron Horman, 7 years old. over a year now

So if anyone can help me out, as far as I've looked on here there is no thread on little Kyron Horman who went missing after his class' science fair in 2010 I think. The parents are divorced & the dad re-married a red headed woman who won't cooperate, but she is not a suspect.

Anyone please add anything. Hes a cute, innocent little boy who didn't deserve this.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

http://www.people.com/people/article...405659,00.html

stacebabe Guest
    Every month or so, I Google him. I wish they'd just find him already. I fear the outcome is horrible, but the pain of not knowing, and not having remains, must be killing them. I know the stepmother had something to do with it.

Hellena66 Guest
    Poor little guy! wonder what the step-mom did to him because i totally think she did something to him, not to much has been heard from them i guess nothings happened. saddness!!!!

Mammy Guest
    No doubt in my mind that the stepmom is the reason for his disappearance. Kyron's dad divorced her after some details started surfacing about the stepmom trying to hire someone to kill Kyron's dad and that she also hated Kyron. The dad and stepmom also have a toddler daughter together that he has custody of which is kinda rare. It takes a lot to award custody to the father over the mother, especially when it is a baby or very young child. I think she is only allowed supervised visitation the last I heard. This case has gotten awfully quiet and you rarely ever hear anything about Kyron anymore and it's just sad.

I missed this one somehow when it first happened. I didn't want to believe it was the stepmother at first, but the articles I'm finding as immerse myself in researching this sure paint a bad picture of her. She likely did it, but the one thing i dont get, is why the school wasn't suspicious when he was at the science fair but not class...

Mammy Guest
    If I'm not mistaken, she took the picture of him with his science project when she took him to school and he got it set up. I think it was early and school hadn't officially started for the day yet. I tend to think the picture was taken as a "See, he was at school. I even conveniently have a picture of him that very same day." If I am wrong about that, someone feel free to correct me.

Cute kid. I hope the step mother is innocent. If she knew this child since he was a baby, she's pretty cold hearted to have done something to him.

Mammy Guest
    I wonder why his mom didn't have custody of him?

DrDeath Guest
    I've only read about this case in the Missing Children and Adults section and whilst, reading that first article above, I fail to see how the stepmother had anything to do with it, I believe from your comments that there's been further developments. Such a lovely looking wee boy. Horrible irony that he went missing in a CSI shirt....

rjbrasher Guest
    if i remember right the reason why the say the step mom did it, her cell phone pinged around a pond or something at the same day the boy went missing, and someone spoted the truck. I can't remember but i will dig up all the findings that i had a year ago and post in here

rjbrasher Guest

Mammy Guest
    Dr. Death, This was a rather high profile case for several months and the things I posted are what came out later on. Kyron's case was on television, in magazines, and there are many internet entries about him. His case has been actively discussed on several forums. The stepmom is a nut.

DrDeath Guest
    Ha ha succinct as always Mammy! I shall take your word on it. I sure hope she is guilty in a way as then an innocent woman hasn't been raked over hot coals for nothing.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, I'm usually rather blunt and don't see any reason for beating around the bush. The stepmom resented Kyron and wanted him to go live with his mom, but her husband wouldn't allow it. The stepmom had a serious alcohol problem. She liked to do "sexting" with men she would meet who were practically still strangers. She also looked into having her husband (Kyron's dad) murdered by a hit man. I have no doubt that she is resposible for whatever happened to Kyron, but even if she didn't harm him, she has plenty of other things that make her look shady and not such a nice person.

DrDeath Guest
    Well she ain't winning any Mum Of The Year Contests that's for sure

Mammy Guest
    I forgot to mention that she was having an affair with their landscaper and he is the one she wanted to kill her husband. I guess she intended to pay for the hit with nookie.

I wonder if police questioned the landscaper. I know there is only so much the cops can do & thats sad. They should at least give him a polygraph.

crazedfemale Guest
    The step mom is guilty. She killed Kyron and got her friend to help her with covering up...

Mammy Guest
    I wonder how she was able to hide him so well that he has never been found?

rjbrasher Guest
    what critters do they have up where this happen? im sure if a person was sick enough you can cut a kid up and feed the wolves..etc with his parts then you wont be able to find him/

Mammy Guest
    I think a hog will eat most anything, but if he was dismembered or disposed of via an animal, surely to God there would be some evidence left behind. What kind of friend helps cover up the murder of a seven year old boy? Even if the stepmom hated his guts, I don't see why another adult would help cover up something so horrible.

ya I have a feeling that he is disposed of. There are plenty of ways a body can be ... not to be so graphic .... not, all together and placed in a "safe spot" ; unfortunately there is not enough evidence to bring her forward.

Mammy Guest
    I tend to think she had this planned well in advance if she knew how to get rid of him well enough that he still hasn't been found. If it was something that happened at the spur of the moment, I doubt she would have been able to hide him so well. I just don't see how she had enough time to get rid of him so completely, but then again I've never planned out such a thing. I guess if she was determined to go through with killing him, she had it all planned out. How horrible to let the people who actually loved Kyron to suffer and not know what happened to him and IMO it is because a grown woman was jealous of a little boy.

Thanks for bringing this back up - I had forgotten all about this story and this little boy. So sad how things seem to fade into the background over time.

StepMama was a freak from what I remember...
    My Posse's On Broadway

I have tried to keep up with this story. I so want that poor little boy found. Obviously he is most likey dead, he deserves to be found and have a proper burial. I think the step mom had something to do with it also.

I have a feeling too, the step-mom had something to do with it. Maybe she had/has some mental issues. I think the boy's dad is now divorcing her. The last I heard, was in the process of.

Medley Guest
    Hey all. I live in the area where this happened. To date, there have been no arrests. The investigation hasn't gone cold, but there isn't a lot happening. My feel for it is that they've accounted for most of stepmom's time, but haven't found any clues to Kyron in the areas where they know she was. It's assumed that there is a second person involved, but I don't thing LE has any information regarding him/her. Stepmom is still living with her parents in Roseburg. Per the father, the murder-for-hire and divorce cases have been put on hold, pending the outcome of the criminal case involving his son.

So basically, everything's stalled right now until they come up with some new leads. How that does nor fit the definition of "cold-case", I'm not sure.......

I feel step mom did it.

Mammy Guest
    Hello, Medley, and welcome to the forum! Do you know any of Kyron's family personally? I don't see how whoever took Kyron had enough time to get rid of him so completely and leave no evidence. Has Equusearch ever looked for him?

Medley Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Hello, Medley, and welcome to the forum! Do you know any of Kyron's family personally?
    I do not, though my fiance works in the same Intel building as Kaine does, though on a different floor. She sees him in passing once in a blue moon.

I don't see how whoever took Kyron had enough time to get rid of him so completely and leave no evidence.
    I think that's the stickler for LE. They've investigated TH to the point where there's only about 13 minutes unaccounted for. How do you, in 13 minutes, kill a child and dispose of the body SO COMPLETELY that a year and a half later, no clues have been found? I think that to LE, it suggests that someone else HAD to be involved. But they have absolutely no evidence indicating who this second person might be.

Has Equusearch ever looked for him?
    Doubtful. The Hormans have let LE run the investigation. I know, for example, that they have refused to provide a scent article to a local man with cadaver dogs to prevent him from searching outside the bounds of the official investigation. To my knowledge, LE has used only people trained in Oregon in SAR techniques.

There was this, released just before Christmas: http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_mid#/video/us/2011/12/19/kyrons-mom-writes-letter-to-stepmom.hln

Mammy Guest
    That is strange. It seems like to me that they would welcome anyone willing to look for Kyron and appreciate the help. Usually Texas Equusearch searches with the knowledge and consent of local law enforcement and they appreciate the extra help and the resources that Equusearch has. If someone that I cared about was missing, I would be grateful to anyone willing to search.

Thanks for the update Medley. I so wish something would come of this, and Kyron will be found. Poor child.

Medley Guest
    That is strange. It seems like to me that they would welcome anyone willing to look for Kyron and appreciate the help.
    i understand how you feel. It makes a little more sense when you have a sense of some of the areas that they're searching. In some of these areas, not only are there thick stands of trees, but the underbrush can be anywhere from waist to chest-high. You could conceivably be trodding through the center of the crime scene before you realized it. Add a 45 or 50 degree tilt to the terrain, and it's not impossible that an amateur searcher could become someone in need of help.

I'm not saying you're wrong Mammy. I'm just saying I can see both sides of the issue. Even Kaine stated that one of the reasons he personally wasn't searching is that he wasn't trained, and wanted to leave searching to the professionals, so that when Kyron IS found, the can make the most of the crime scene.

Medley Guest
    Cindy, this is/was a misprint. TH checked into the gym at 11:39. She checked out at 12:40, was home by 1:21 (when she posted the photo of Kyron on FB), and her and Kaine went to get Kyron from the bus stop at 3:30. Kyron was reported missing shortly after he failed to get off the bus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappe...f_Kyron_Horman

So sad. I hope they find out what happened.
    People who kill kids are the worst. WTH! If they're thinking about killing a child they should start by practicing on themselves first!
    RIP Kyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Melisscious View Post
    So sad. I hope they find out what happened.
    People who kill kids are the worst. WTH! If they're thinking about killing a child they should start by practicing on themselves first!
    RIP Kyron.
    RIP? was his body found?

Justme67 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Medley View Post
    I do not, though my fiance works in the same Intel building as Kaine does, though on a different floor. She sees him in passing once in a blue moon.

I think that's the stickler for LE. They've investigated TH to the point where there's only about 13 minutes unaccounted for. How do you, in 13 minutes, kill a child and dispose of the body SO COMPLETELY that a year and a half later, no clues have been found? I think that to LE, it suggests that someone else HAD to be involved. But they have absolutely no evidence indicating who this second person might be.

Doubtful. The Hormans have let LE run the investigation. I know, for example, that they have refused to provide a scent article to a local man with cadaver dogs to prevent him from searching outside the bounds of the official investigation. To my knowledge, LE has used only people trained in Oregon in SAR techniques.

There was this, released just before Christmas: http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_mid#/video/us/2011/12/19/kyrons-mom-writes-letter-to-stepmom.hln

Are you the same Medley who posted on the JusticeQuest forum and lied to everyone about being privy to inside information about this case to the point that the Multnomah district attorney contacted you about your posts? Are you the same Medley who now posts on JQ as Mags? Are you the same Medley who was a fervent Terri Horman supporter on the Oregonlive site?

If this person has contacted anyone here claiming inside info please let me know. Thank you.

She could have killed him and put him in a large dumpster somewhere. The body could have been taken to a dump never to be seen again.