Thread: The first World Trade Center attack - February 26/93

The first World Trade Center attack - February 26/93

This terrorist attack has been overshadowed by the Sept 11/01 attacks. It emphasizes how determined the Islamic extremist bastards were to strike the USA.
    On February 26/93 at 12:18pm, a huge truck bomb went off on Level B-2 of the underground garage underneath the North Tower ( WTC 1). The plan was to knock the North Tower into the South Tower ( WTC 2), bringing down both towers and killing 250,000 people. The explosion left a 30 meter hole 7 stories up. The bomb consisted of ammonium nitrate
    ( same used in Oklahoma 2 years later ) and was placed in a rented Ryder truck. The FBI determined that if the truck was parked a few feet closer to the concrete foundations, the plan would have worked and the North Tower would have collapsed. Amazing, only 6 people were killed.

The FBI and ATF did an excellent job investigating the bombing and within weeks made arrests. Six terrorists were convicted for the attack including the truck driver Ramzi Yousef and Sheikh Rahman ( the blind Sheikh). What is sad is that most of the terrorists should not have been able to enter the US. They were on FBI watchlists but the FBI could not share these lists with INS !!!!

the Blind Sheikh:

Omar Abdel-Rahman

The six people who were killed:
    John DiGiovanni
    Robert Kirkpatrick
    Steven Knapp
    William Macko
    Wilfredo Mercado
    Monica Smith ( pregnant)

A memorial was built for the 6.

the memorial was destroyed on Sept 11/01.

one political note: the one good thing Bush has done as President is enact the Patriot Act which allows Federal Agencies like the FBI, CIA, ATF and INS share information with each other. This "wall" lead to the 1993 and 2001 attacks.

Angry Muslim Cleric Who Defended World Trade Center Bombers a Guest of NYC Mayor

Why don't we just give him keys to every high rise in the city and help him build the bombs too

Radical Muslim Cleric Who Defended World Trade Center Bombers a Guest of NYC Mayor

Thursday, November 12, 2009

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg welcomed to City Hall an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, later claiming he didn't know the radical Muslim cleric had been invited, the New York Post reported.
    Siraj Wahhaj has called the FBI and CIA the "real terrorists," defended the convicted World Trade Center attack plotters and said his hope is that all Americans will become Muslim.
    Wahhaj was among a group of religious and community leaders who met Wednesday with Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly to talk about the Fort Hood massacre that killed 13 last week in Texas.
    In 1995, Wahhaj was identified as one of 170 who are "unindicted co-conspirators" in the World Trade Center bombing two years earlier, the Post said. He has denied involvement in the conspiracy.
    Click for more from NYPost.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Bloomberg always comes off as an arrogant douchebag, I'm not sad this happened to him.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Flowergrrl Guest
    That is pretty fucked up.

jaylene Guest
    *gasp*
    I try not to be shocked anymore but sometimes....

knothere Guest
    yuk

"unindicted co-conspirator"?
    wtf does that mean?
    This could be viewed in many different ways.
    If he was a suspected terrorist and making appearances at public events shouldnt he be already arrested?
    Im not defending religion or terrorism just questioning shoddy news stories that defy common sense or point to either great idiocy in "Homeland Security" or some sort of conspiracy involving to a large part the publics willingness to be stupid and ignore the obvious and not ask any questions that snag on the fleece being pulled over our eyes.
    Blech.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

fultondyke Guest
    It's too bad that some NY mafiosos don't take these Muslims who loudly announce their hatred for the U.S., the country in which many of them choose to reside. The old saying "America: love it or leave it!" is my mantra. I think all the asshats who spew Muslim fundamentalist hatred of the country should be deported....dropped in the most desolate and isolated spot in the middle eastern desert with a copy of the Koran and an exhortation to enjoy the land they DO love!

WendyK Guest
    Whjaht? What Crap!

the mastermind behind the 1993 attack has died in federal prison - good riddance

http://nypost.com/2017/02/18/world-t...ies-in-prison/

A happy post. Thank you cash.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

That is good news.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

zombiesRus Guest
    I guess he has met his maker, I wonder how that went for him.