Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cheap Products You Buy/Use

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Found something that nicely cleans the tub/shower! Fill spray bottle halfway with white vinegar, heat in microwave, and then fill rest of way with original Dawn dish liquid. Spray in shower/tub, let sit a few minutes, rinse with warm water. Gunk comes off immediately! (Wipe any stubborn residue with cleaning cloth).
    That is a great idea! Thank you for adding...
    The spray bottle should be microwavable though right? We have shower doors (which I detest) that have soap residue from the previous tenants and I have scrubbed those disgusting things over and over- to no avail! Still cloudy and ugly.
    CLR didn't even work-
    I have heard white vinegar works wonders, I was looking at a way to get around the stink from vinegar and there was a similar article about heating white vinegar and then placing it in a mason jar with lemon peels waiting 24 hours before using, The article said it works wonders...
    Next, trying to find something to get rid of their years of chain smoking cigarette stench!
    Tried ODOban and it worked just a little.

Here in California, they just stopped giving bags you have to buy them or bring your own, We bring our own, we have cloth or those heavy plastic shopping bags.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Here in California, they just stopped giving bags you have to buy them or bring your own, We bring our own, we have cloth or those heavy plastic shopping bags.
    I had a customer tell me this recently. I love it. I think it's a great idea. We have canvas bags that we use at Aldi because they charge you if you don't bring your own. We use plastic bags from the grocery store for scooping the cat litter box. Other than that, I hate them. I think the plastic bags are horrible for the environment. Even going back to paper sacks would be better than plastic bags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got tired of waiting in a line up at Tim Horton's for coffee, so I thought why don't I get one of those thermal coffee cups and bring my own to work. I checked a store out and they wanted 20 bucks for one. So, I went to a dollar store and found basically the same thing for 3 bucks.. sold ! It does pay to comparison shop sometimes.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I had a customer tell me this recently. I love it. I think it's a great idea. We have canvas bags that we use at Aldi because they charge you if you don't bring your own. We use plastic bags from the grocery store for scooping the cat litter box. Other than that, I hate them. I think the plastic bags are horrible for the environment. Even going back to paper sacks would be better than plastic bags.
    Bonus for paper bags: free kitty toys. LOL The floofs in my house go crazy for paper bags. I always try to get at least one every week for them. Let them play with it for a day or two, and when they tire of it, throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I got tired of waiting in a line up at Tim Horton's for coffee, so I thought why don't I get one of those thermal coffee cups and bring my own to work. I checked a store out and they wanted 20 bucks for one. So, I went to a dollar store and found basically the same thing for 3 bucks.. sold ! It does pay to comparison shop sometimes.
    \

How does it hold up in keeping your coffee hot? I got a 30oz "Mammoth" cup at my grocery store for $18. It keeps my coffee so hot I have to add ice to it when I get to work so I can finish it before we open. I purposely bought 30oz so I could use it for coffee in the morning and soda in the afternoon. If I make a fresh soda with ice before I leave, and don't finish it before bed (and neither of the kids finishes it) there will still be ice in the cup the following morning.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    That is a great idea! Thank you for adding...
    The spray bottle should be microwavable though right?
    Yes, but I found measuring the vinegar in the bottle and then pouring it into a microwave safe dish before heating worked for me. Note of warning: be sure to use a funnel to pour warmed vinegar back into spray bottle to prevent any potential mess.

Apparently heating white vinegar helps cut down on the stink. I honestly think I'm going to quit buying bathroom cleaner and just use the vinegar/Dawn combo. It's done wonders on my tub.

As for reusable cloth bags, I have a truckload of them from almost every store imaginable. They come in handy when I go places like Save A Lot or Aldi's.

It does hold up, it was a good purchase ! I can put ice water in it for the afternoon and it is still cold when I'm walking home. That was $3 well spent, I am quite pleased with myself ! LOL
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yeah I just use a trash bag when the cat litter gets to where it needs to be changed I just dump in a trash bag and take it out, I think plastic anything should be done away with , it's not good for the environment go back to glass containers that you can collect and use for different things and or take back to the stores, We don't buy plastic silverware at all, and nor do we buy plastic water bottles anymore, we try to use glass jars and such as much as possible and I do tend to reuse glass containers. I also save brown paper bags at Yule, I use the bags as wrapping paper, also when niece and nephews come around and they want to draw I cut bags into usable drawing paper, instead of buying cards for people at birthday's and such, I cut the bags, dye them to whatever color I want or just decorate them and write what I want to say on them and in them.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-04-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Yes, but I found measuring the vinegar in the bottle and then pouring it into a microwave safe dish before heating worked for me. Note of warning: be sure to use a funnel to pour warmed vinegar back into spray bottle to prevent any potential mess.

Apparently heating white vinegar helps cut down on the stink. I honestly think I'm going to quit buying bathroom cleaner and just use the vinegar/Dawn combo. It's done wonders on my tub.

As for reusable cloth bags, I have a truckload of them from almost every store imaginable. They come in handy when I go places like Save A Lot or Aldi's.
    Thanks purr purr, We tried the vinegar mix-just heated it up in a glass measuring cup and followed your directions...Yep! The husband tried it, Because I can't stomach that kind of goog!
    Worked about 90 percent, (pretty good IMO) Which is a pretty darn good % considering the former tenants were apparently scuzballs.
    Plus IMO glass shower doors should be legally banned-period.

I'm fond of Kroger brand instant coffee and their Italian salad dressing.
    Cheap, yet good.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I can't remember if I posted this before, but, This product is $5.99 for 40 lbs. Makes excellent cat litter. It's made from white pine, not any form of cedar. Low odor that way. gets wet, turns to saw dust. It composts well. I get this at the "Tractor Supply Store."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376079836.533789.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	54381  
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Clean I'll have to see if I can find that, Equine Pelletized Bedding.