Thread: Timothy Patrick Murphy and Tom Villard

hoxharding Guest

Timothy Patrick Murphy and Tom Villard

Anyone remember him? He was in alot of stuff(including Dallas)
    He died of A.I.D.S. in the 80's I think. Also Tom Villard died of the same disease. He also was in alot of tv and movies(including My Girl)

hoxharding Guest

Background info on Timothy Patrick Murphy

Timothy Patrick Murphy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Timothy Patrick Murphy (November 3, 1959, Hartford, Connecticut - December 6, 1988, Sherman Oaks, California) was an American film and television actor best known for his role on the popular CBS prime time soap opera Dallas during the 1982-83 season as "Mickey Trotter", the cousin of Southfork Ranch foreman Ray Krebbs.
    Murphy also appeared on the long-running daytime soap opera Search for Tomorrow and the short-lived ABC prime time drama series Glitter. In 1984, he had the starring role in the feature film, Sam's Son, a film biography of the life of actor Michael Landon.
    Murphy died of AIDS in 1988.

[edit] External links

This article about an American television actor born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
    Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Patrick_Murphy"
    Categories: American actors | American television actors | AIDS-related deaths | American television actor, 1950s birth stubs

hoxharding Guest
    Tom Villard

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Tom Villard
    Birth nameThomas Louis VillardBornNovember 19, 1953(1953-11-19)
    Waipahu, Hawaii, USADiedNovember 14, 1994 (aged 40)
    Los Angeles, California, USAThomas Louis Villard (born November 19, 1953 in Waipahu, Hawaii - died November 14, 1994 in Los Angeles, California) was an American actor. He grew up in Spencerport, New York and went to Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania, the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute and the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City.
    Villard starred in television and in film. His best known TV role was in the 1980s series We Got It Made as Jay Bostwick. His best known film role was in the 1986 film One Crazy Summer as Clay Stork. He also starred in the 1991 horror film Popcorn, and the 1992 movie Shakes the Clown with his "One Crazy Summer" co-stars Joel Murray and Bob Goldthwait. Villard also appeared in the 1994 comedy movie In the Army Now.
    Villard made numerous guest appearances on TV shows as well. He was a panelist on two weeks' worth of To Tell The Truth in the early '90s. His other TV appearances include CHiPs, Taxi, The Golden Girls The A-Team, and Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
    Villard was openly gay.[1] He died of pneumonia and other complications of AIDS on November 14, 1994 in Los Angeles.

[edit] Filmography

[edit] References

1. ^ Dennis, Jeffery P (2007). Queering Teen Culture: All American Boys and Same-sex Desire in Film and Television. Haworth Press. ISBN 1560233494.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I think that it is important to remember the celebrities as well as all of the others who we've lost to AIDS. It should be reminded to the young & those who believe that they're invincible that while there are better meds now & HIV can be endured for much longer....we still have no cure! Play safe!!!

insanejeff Guest
    Geez I remember both of them well. And I didn't realize either of them were gay and certainly didn't know they had died. Not too long ago I saw Tom on some reruns of the game show 'Body Language'. He did dress quite flamboyantly, but I just thought it was part of his humor.

Timothy was really cute but I had kinda forgotten about him after 'Dallas'.

hoxharding Guest
    I guess Tom Built his own house or something. I tried to get a copy of the magazine that had the article,but was unable. I didn't realize he was gay either, I had a crush on him when I saw him in Popcorn!

cachluv Guest
    Tom Villard

I loved him on Golden Girls, he played two different characters on two different episodes.
    I also LOVED that show We Got It Made in the '80s. It was awesome.

#1 Death Hag Guest
    here's a pic of Timothy Patrick Murphy

#1 Death Hag Guest
    And here's another pic of him in Dallas

hoxharding Guest
    I had crushes on both of them when I was younger.

#1 Death Hag Guest
    I know!! I loved Timothy Patrick Murphy! so sad they're not with us any more ;(

I remember Tom Villard. I didn't know he had passed away. I always loved his goofy sounding voice and his crooked smile! RIP to both gentlemen.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

hoxharding Guest
    SPOILER!

Tom played the killer in 'Popcorn'

cachluv Guest
    Fuck AIDS. Fucker.

Rhonda Guest
    I am in LOVE with your fat baby. That baby is about the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. My first born just graduated on Friday!!! (But I will wait 10+ years for my own fat baby grandchild.)

stephenmiller Guest
    I remember Tom Villard as the killer in Popcorn and it really is not bad of a film. Tom reminds me of Jim Carrey too.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    I remember Tom Villard as the killer in Popcorn and it really is not bad of a film. Tom reminds me of Jim Carrey too.

I kind of like it also-pretty darn decent film. You are right about Tom, he does remind me of Jim. He also built his own house also- I guess it was
    written about in an article in one of those architecture magazines years ago.

The girl who played the maid in the sitcom 'We got it Made' has an odd website. It really isn't as much her site. It supposedly is her site,but it is more of a site for a church.

TIMB1967 Guest
    I remember Timothy Patrick Murphy but all I ever saw him in was Dallas...he was a hunky man! I was sorry to hear he had passed away.

Guest Guest
    Never heard of either of them.

TIMB1967 Guest
    He played in a season or two of Dallas in the 80's. The other guy I have seen from time to time but didn't know who he was until reading about him on here..Thanks, Hoxharding, for posting info about them.

Bee1001 Guest
    Tom Villard's voice cracked me up. Loved him in My Girl as the hippie and in the Golden Girls episodes.

Both Tim and his "Dallas" character Mickey Trotter died tragic deaths at young ages. I watched the season 6 DVD where Mickey tried to stop a drunk Sue Ellen from driving drunk off the Southfork ranch. and they crashed and he was paralyzed for life and the family pulled the plug on him.Mickey and Lucy[Charlene Tilton] were cute together. I remember him on "Search For Tommorrow" before Dallas.

I remember Tom Villard- had no idea he died- and so long ago. Trippy. RIP.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

yeah sometimes you just think these guys faded from the limelight.

but instead they passed on. and looking at their imdb pages they were busy fellas.

so sad. aids was really a total death sentence in the eighties and early nineties. lost so much talent.