Thread: Woman killed by train after pushing daughter to safety

aedgar5000 Guest

Woman killed by train after pushing daughter to safety

"A Riverside woman pushing her 2-year-old in a stroller is killed by a train near her home Saturday. The stroller was twice lodged on the tracks, but the woman pushed her daughter out of the way."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7434184.story

RaRaRamona Guest
    What a jerk.

myowndisaster23 Guest
    How devastating for the little girl... But why the hell would you try to cross in front of a train?? Just wait!!!!! I will never understand that.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    So, "As they approached the train tracks, the railroad safety arms began to lower, signaling that a train was approaching."??? Why in Heaven's name did she try to beat the train?

5. 10-10-2011, 05:43 AM

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    So, "As they approached the train tracks, the railroad safety arms began to lower, signaling that a train was approaching."??? Why in Heaven's name did she try to beat the train?
    Bc she was an idiot jerk. You're welcome.

Her mom said she was going to the market. For cigs & beer?

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Bc she was an idiot jerk. You're welcome.

Her mom said she was going to the market. For cigs & beer?
    You know, it would be one thing if she had only risked her own life but to cross the tracks with a baby like that? Unbelievable!

Idiots make bad choices. Too bad their children get caught up in the resulting mess. Congrats lady. Your child is left motherless. But at least she didn't leave the little thing there to die.

It's like watching an adult jay walk with a young child/children in tow. One day I will finally get ballsy enough to shout at em as I drive past em. Risk your own life if you are really fool enough, but your kids? Nope, no sir. She may have saved her kid's life, but only from her own stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

This woman isn't a hero. She was a stupid breeder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

aedgar5000 Guest
    Intelligence clearly in short supply here. Thankfully she had the presence of mind to push her child out of the way.

People are just so stupid and impatient- unless they are on the way to perform open heart surgery on a flatlining patient, they could spare an extra 30 seconds to let the train go by.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Intelligence clearly in short supply here. Thankfully she had the presence of mind to push her child out of the way.
    Either that or she was just pushing her out of the way so she could have a clear path to run.

There can't be an easier collision to avoid then one with a train. It is big, makes lots of noice and can only travel a very specific course. I feel bad for the child but mom was a dumbass. Natural selection 2011 style.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    There can't be an easier collision to avoid then one with a train. It is big, makes lots of noice and can only travel a very specific course. I feel bad for the child but mom was a dumbass. Natural selection 2011 style.
    Yep, mother nature has a way of culling the gene pool.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    People are just so stupid and impatient- unless they are on the way to perform open heart surgery on a flatlining patient, they could spare an extra 30 seconds to let the train go by.
    Right? An ounce of common sense and patience could easily prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Either that or she was just pushing her out of the way so she could have a clear path to run.
    Definitely possible. I'm just going to choose to believe she pushed the child for its safety, since my opinion of humanity is already low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    My personal eye-rolling favorite includes a person walking on tracks with headphones on.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm pretty sure that one was a suicide

Mammy Guest
    I am glad the baby survived, but the mom was an idiot. Where was she going that made it so important to walk out in front of a train? It isn't like a train can slam on the brakes and just stop on a dime. I am always amazed by people who try to floor it and beat the train in their car. I don't feel much compassion for people this stupid and I actually knew someone killed by a train.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I am glad the baby survived, but the mom was an idiot. Where was she going that made it so important to walk out in front of a train? It isn't like a train can slam on the brakes and just stop on a dime. I am always amazed by people who try to floor it and beat the train in their car. I don't feel much compassion for people this stupid and I actually knew someone killed by a train.
    One of my grandmother's cousins was walking in a snowstorm through a usually crowded section of town. She never saw or heard the train coming and the conductor never saw her. She was found the next day.. wasn't pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, my first cousin was killed by a train. He liked to drink and had his license revoked for DUI's. He lived in a town where he figured out if he was too shitfaced to make it home any other way that he could walk the train tracks between his house and the tavern. He had left the tavern and was on his way home and you can guess the rest of the story. Not a smart thing to do, but he was an only child and it devastated his mom for the rest of her life. (His dad was already dead.)

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was left alone

deanfan Guest
    That was a bad move. Glad the baby survived.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Sorry to hear that about losses, Mammy and Miho

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    One of my grandmother's cousins was walking in a snowstorm through a usually crowded section of town. She never saw or heard the train coming and the conductor never saw her. She was found the next day.. wasn't pretty.
    Yeah, my first cousin was killed by a train. He liked to drink and had his license revoked for DUI's. He lived in a town where he figured out if he was too shitfaced to make it home any other way that he could walk the train tracks between his house and the tavern. He had left the tavern and was on his way home and you can guess the rest of the story. Not a smart thing to do, but he was an only child and it devastated his mom for the rest of her life. (His dad was already dead.)
    Wow- these are both very shocking stories. So very sorry for the losses experienced by your families.

rjbrasher Guest

Mammy Guest
    Thanks guys. We weren't very close because we grew up in different states and he was quite a bit older than I am. Of course, I still hate that it happened and it is sad. He had an eighteen month old baby girl at the time and she has a Facebook page and talks about wishing she could remember her dad and got to know him and that bothers me. His dad was my mom's oldest brother who died when he was forty years old from lung disease. My cousin was ten years old when his dad died and he was an only child. My cousin was 28 when killed by the train and it devastated his mom. She died in 2006 from Lou Gehrig's disease and I hope they are all together now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She died in 2006 from Lou Gehrig's disease and I hope they are all together now.
    that's sweet