Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy The Kid

Billy The Kid

Born in New York City, Billy the Kid (also known as William Antrim and William H. Bonney) moved west and became one of the most famous outlaws in American history. The precise details of Billy the Kid's exploits remain sketchy, but it is generally agreed that he was quick with his gun and his temper and was expert at escaping from small-town jails. He was already a veteran thief, cattle rustler and shootist when he became involved in land disputes in the New Mexico territory in the 1870s. Billy threw in with an Englishman, John Tunstall, who was involved in a turf war (called the Lincoln County War) between land and cattle barons in the newly settled territory. When Tunstall was murdered in 1878, Billy hunted down his killers, including Sheriff William Brady, and killed them. The Kid nearly got on the right side of the law in 1879, arranging to surrender and receive a pardon in exchange for his testimony against others, but the pardon never quite arrived and he went on the lam again. In 1881 he was arrested, tried and convicted of murder. He escaped, killing two deputies in the process, but was hunted down three months later and shot to death by Sheriff Pat Garrett. He is buried in Fort Sumner, New Mexico.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I love the movies Young Guns 1 and 2. I know they have little or no truth to them but Lou Diamond Phillips is so hot.

Actually the Young Guns movies came the closest to the real story than most of the other Billy the Kid movies. They might of added a character or two but the got it down I think.

onehunglow Guest
    I thought they was going to dig him up and do a DNA test.

They did DNA test but for some reason the results aren't being made public.

onehunglow Guest

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    They did DNA test but for some reason the results aren't being made public.
    That must mean that the old man who said he was Billy was. Sounds like they shot the wrong guy.

It was a different guy. Brushy Bill was a imposter. I don't how acurate the test is going to be. They got dna from a bench that The Kid was supposedly layed on right after he was shot. That sounds like a real reach don't you think?

Kathyf Guest
    Cool info. I loved young guns.

onehunglow Guest

Yep

It was a different guy. Brushy Bill was a imposter. I don't how acurate the test is going to be. They got dna from a bench that The Kid was supposedly layed on right after he was shot. That sounds like a real reach don't you think?
    I thought they would use a relative. I'll have to read up on it.

Jaxxx Guest
    I liked ole Brushy Bill, he was sweet if he wanted to be Billy the Kid I thought let him be. But in reality, I never thought he was, so why didn't they release DNA results?

xenaswolf Guest
    I want to give ya'll a fair warning...there is a nutjob out in cyberland that goes by the name Billiesgal or something close to that. This woman believes she is the reincarnated wife of Billy the kid.

She prowls any site that mentions BTK. So if you start hearing stuff on this thread about chocolate cake and having documents of proof, you'll know she is here.

She is a hamburger shy of a Happy Meal....

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I want to give ya'll a fair warning...there is a nutjob out in cyberland that goes by the name Billiesgal or something close to that. This woman believes she is the reincarnated wife of Billy the kid.

She prowls any site that mentions BTK. So if you start hearing stuff on this thread about chocolate cake and having documents of proof, you'll know she is here.

How old is she, 100?

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I love the movies Young Guns 1 and 2. I know they have little or no truth to them but Lou Diamond Phillips is so hot.

OMG hot is just not a good enough word to describe him. (panting now.)

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post

The funny part is that he was never married! HAHA.

Yeah, I do.

for many years Billys left handedness was so well established even Paul Newmans portrayal was called The Left Handed Gun.

only fairly recently someone noticed the loading gate on the Kids rifle is on the wrong side,indicating the image is flipped.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xenaswolf

How old is she, 100?

Nah she's in her 30's or 40's. Trust me she's out there.

Jefe, we all know that but it was the SECRET wedding doncha know.

I'll see if I can find any of her old posts and link them for ya, it might give ya a good giggle!

Ok here's a few:
    http://www.ghosthounds.com/modules.p...f3458ff799a314
    http://www.psychics.co.uk/psychic-fo...3bed91626bfb63

Enjoy
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 11-30-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Jazbabee Guest
    [quote=xenaswolf;74995]Quote:
    Originally Posted by xenaswolf

<SMFH> What a whack job !! It takes all kinds, I suppose !!

mac_lorre Guest

This is the only known photograph of him.

it is said he donned this hat in the picture as a joke,alledgedly he usually wore a wide brimmed sombrero.

there are some other photos on a kid site that "may" be him,one of which sold for $50,000. i'll stick with the one above .

laynesgrl Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mac_lorre View Post

This is the only known photograph of him.

Kinda cute!! Young Guns 1 and 2 are a couple of my favorite movies. I've always loved the bad boys, that's why I married one too!!!

tarsier Guest
    Is it just me but does he look a bit like Owen Wilson?

RubySlippers Guest
    young guns is KINDA accurate. it has real places and people but the storyline is deceiving. there is a website that compares the the two - real story versus young guns - you will be surprised to see how INACCURATE the movies were.
    here's the link:
    http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/young_guns.htm
    I must admit - I was bummed to hear there was not China Girl. That was a sweet storyline.

BTW - i am a incredibly huge fan of young guns I & II. i have watched both easily 100 times. my son (he's 10) is too and made me go out and get all the books i could about Billy so he could tell you the truth from the myth. he probably knows more about him that the average person.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Is it just me but does he look a bit like Owen Wilson?

Before or after the suicide attempt?

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I took this pic of Doc Scurlock's grave in Eastland, Tx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	13504  

Mulvaness Guest

There's going to be a documentary on PBS in about half an hour called American Experience Presents Billy the Kid if anybody's interested. If anyone missed it (time zones) but would like to see the show, it's probably up on the American Experience website. If this is it's first run it'll probably be up in a few days instead. Not sure if it is. But I've always been interested in the lives and deaths of certain wild west criminals. And Billy is one of them. Not to the nth degree. But it's fun to find out new and interesting facts about these notorious folks.

MysticCho Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I took this pic of Doc Scurlock's grave in Eastland, Tx.
    sweet thanks
    love billy the kid and wyatt earp

Thanks for the thread, love The movies, knew they weren't accurate.

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticCho View Post
    sweet thanks
    love billy the kid and wyatt earp
    earp and his wife are buried in colma, here in california.

MysticCho Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    earp and his wife are buried in colma, here in california.

sweet
    we need a wyatt earp thread XD
    or anything about tombstone

Billy Weathersby Guest
    There is one common inaccuracy in all the movies about Billy The Kid, no matter how close to actual facts being portrayed..Billy's boss, Mr. Tunstall, has always been portrayed as a man in his forties or older..when, in fact, Mr. Tunstall was actually in his twenties....BTW, I like all the movies about Billy....James Dean had already signed to star as Billy in "The Left Handed Gun"..I'm not a Dean fan but he would have been great in this role..

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    There's going to be a documentary on PBS in about half an hour called American Experience Presents Billy the Kid if anybody's interested. If anyone missed it (time zones) but would like to see the show, it's probably up on the American Experience website.
    Link http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexpe.../billy/player/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticCho View Post
    sweet
    we need a wyatt earp thread XD
    or anything about tombstone
    i agree, my favorite is doc holliday. i dont know why i am so interested in him.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 08-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Thanks for the link to the American Experience documentary, Maddie

Billy the Kid

Here's a newly discovered photo of Billy the Kid. Coincidently, I just read in a book, I think the title was Young People from New Mexico, a historical book, the Billy the Kid had acted and sang in the local theater.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/29...ims-historian/

Great post! Thank you.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I am fascinated with him and his story. Thanks for the link!

That little pic is going to be worth a few bucks.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Valessa View Post
    Here's a newly discovered photo of Billy the Kid. Coincidently, I just read in a book, I think the title was Young People from New Mexico, a historical book, the Billy the Kid had acted and sang in the local theater.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/29...ims-historian/
    He could also make those six-shooters sing .
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Valessa, do a search before you create a new thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

What a good photo, thanks for sharing.

Bidmor Guest
    Billy appears to have been fair skinned with light colored eyes...gray?

BTW, for you Kid historians, has his real name ever been decided?

stay_zee Guest
    I know the new photo is "authenticated", but if you look at it compared to the only photo we know is billy - the earlobes are wrong on the new photo.

jjropes23 Guest
    I've heard before that he was very sweet and that he was actually pretty smart for the time. Did you know that on and off for the past handful of years there have been attempts to pardon him after death by mayors and even a governor or two? I think it would have been really amazing to meet Billy the Kid to see what party tricks of his were true.

Fabulous - thank you!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I'm pretty sure Governor Richardson did pardon Billy.

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Governor Richardson did pardon Billy.
    They actually did it? Last I had heard they were being told no. Hmm, great news then!

Yes I heard he was very educated and loved to read.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    They actually did it? Last I had heard they were being told no. Hmm, great news then!
    No. I was mistaken. Richardson seriously considered it but declined to pardon him. Even if he did pardon him there's no way he could pardon him for his escape which ended up with 2 lawmen dead and allegedly more after.