Thread: Football Coach Suspended for Taking Team to Cemetery

havoc Guest

Football Coach Suspended for Taking Team to Cemetery

U.S.

New York Football Coach Suspended for Taking Team to CemeteryPublished September 30, 2011
    Associated Press

[SIZE=2]MARCELLUS, N.Y. – [/SIZE]The coach of a junior varsity football team has been suspended for making his players lie down in a central New York cemetery after a loss in an effort to motivate them.
    The superintendent of the Marcellus school district outside Syracuse announced Thursday that coach Jim Marsh has been suspended for two weeks without pay.
    Marsh's team was returning from a loss last Saturday when he had the bus pull over at a cemetery and told the players to lie down on the graves. The coach then talked to them about the importance of playing hard.
    Marsh apologized to his players and their parents during a meeting Thursday night, telling them he was trying to inspire the team by borrowing from a scene in "Remember the Titans."

Moron.......

Jacksmum Guest
    That scene in the movie gave me goosebumps, but it was a movie not real life.

"On the path to an unbeaten season, he teaches the team, the school and the community to judge people by their abilities, rather than their skin color. The scene where he takes the team to the Gettysburg graveyard and in a speech compares their actions to the Civil War battle is one of the most intense and touching scenes in modern film history, with lessons we are still struggling to learn."

Maybe they played like a bunch of zombies
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ummm huh? I am sure junior won't be traumatized for life by this.. Stupid helicopter parents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Oogie Boogie Guest
    How stupid is that?!?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Next time he should have them all do gravestone rubbings

Guess they would have fired Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society too, what with all that creepy "carpe diem" talk.

("Carpay what!? Whaddya mean the carp are dying!?")

radiojane Guest
    People are stupid. Especially coaches who steal their shit from movies and parents who get their panties tangled over their poor little kiddies being in the bone yard.

Maybe that coach is a death hag. Darn kids don't appreciate things like we do....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    I consider a trip to the cemetery a treat not a punishment, on the top side of the dirt that is!

Wheres the link?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    U.S.

New York Football Coach Suspended for Taking Team to CemeteryPublished September 30, 2011
    Associated Press

[SIZE=2]MARCELLUS, N.Y. – [/SIZE]The coach of a junior varsity football team has been suspended for making his players lie down in a central New York cemetery after a loss in an effort to motivate them.
    The superintendent of the Marcellus school district outside Syracuse announced Thursday that coach Jim Marsh has been suspended for two weeks without pay.
    Marsh's team was returning from a loss last Saturday when he had the bus pull over at a cemetery and told the players to lie down on the graves. The coach then talked to them about the importance of playing hard.
    Marsh apologized to his players and their parents during a meeting Thursday night, telling them he was trying to inspire the team by borrowing from a scene in "Remember the Titans."

Moron.......

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Wheres the link?

Yeah that, havoc.^^^

Let's see here. Please hold...

More here: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...etery-14639622

Now go to your room!

Seriously, just add a link next time if you don't want to see another post like this one ever again.

As for the story itself, I can see how non-hag-type parents could get worked up by what this coach did. However, I don't see too many kids being traumatized by it, honestly. They'd probably think it was cool, even if it wasn't from a scene in a movie. I would've when I was a kid.

Havent seen the movie. What did making kids lie on graves do to inspire them?
    Wouldnt this be considered trespassing?
    Nothing major here just slightly inappropriate - snap coaches jockstrap slap him on the ass give a sly wink and be done with it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Is that lie or lay. I think its lay.

I didn't see the movie either.

I think it's lie but not being a grammarian, I'm not gonna worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius
    Nothing major here just slightly inappropriate - snap coaches jockstrap slap him on the ass give a sly wink and be done with it.
    Win!

'The verbs to lie and to lay have very different meanings. Simply put, to lie means “to rest,” “to assume or be situated in a horizontal position,” and to lay means “to put or place.” '

http://www.getitwriteonline.com/arch...1402LieLay.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]