Thread: Anwar al-Aulaqi, U.S.-born cleric linked to al-Qaeda, killed

TheMysterian Guest

Anwar al-Aulaqi, U.S.-born cleric linked to al-Qaeda, killed

Nelliebean Guest
    Anwar: "Hmmm.... what's that humming noise?".

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Carrie Guest
    In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who reneges on an oath of loyalty or a pledge of allegiance, and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor. Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]."

Oogie Boogie Guest
    If you lay down with dirty dogs, you wake up with fleas. Or something along those lines...

First let me say, I have no problem with bombing this guy and his entourage from drones but it does get me thinking about how this can be justified by the Obama administration when they also were the ones to ban waterboarding.

Is it better to bomb a terrorist and his entourage without any due process then it is to pour water on their heads in a jail (I know this is a simplified descritption)? Which would the terrorists prefer?

It's against the Geneva convention to torture enemy combatants but killing them is fair game. Ron Paul just showed how nuts he is by taking a terrorist side on this matter.

"“If the American people accept this blindly and casually, have a precedent of an American president assassinating people who he thinks are bad, I think that’s sad."

Who he thinks are bad?
    Last edited by JefeStone; 10-04-2011 at 03:40 PM.

I'm not sure of the laws regarding this whole situation but the best way I could sum this up (IMHO) is that we are at war. He might be an American (or born in the US) but he is an enemy of this country. Since we are at war then I would think that changes the game a bit.

I'm not the least bit sorry he's dead. I hope they gave him the same treatment as Bin Laden, dumped in the ocean as fish food (poor fish).