Thread: Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer

Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer

What this young man did was amazing. We are so lucky to have such great heroes like this from the USA. All of our troops are heroes and it's nice to see their courage and dedication honored.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...icleid=1366121
    Last edited by NewEnglander; 09-16-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Absolutely. I am humbled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oogie Boogie Guest
    "They told him he couldnâ??t go in," said Dwight Meyer, Dakota Meyerâ??s 81-year-old grandfather, a former Marine who served in the 1950s. "He told them, â??The hell Iâ??m not,â?? and he went in. Itâ??s a one-in-a-million thing" that he survived.

I love how proud his grandfather sounds! Reading about this brave young man is, indeed, humbling.

I have had the honor and privelege of working with and for people like this every day for over three decades. My last two years have been spent in Iraq and on the Afghan - Pakistan border areas. I had men under my command in Iraq just as selfless and brave who did things daily that amazed me and made me proud. The men and women in uniform don't debate the policy and decison making of our civilian leadership, elected or otherwise. They just act. The just serve. They do what they do to the best of their ability applying American core values in just trying to do whats right to save lives, ease suffering, give humanitarian assistance and defeat oppression. Thank God they don't have time to read or believe some of the op-ed pieces written about them by chicken shit writers who have led charmed lives and don't have the guts or values to do what they do. Whether diving on a grenade or handing out food to families or soccer balls to kids, these people are heroes 24/7. Whether in a combat role, or being surged to respond to a disaster (Tsunami, earthquake, flood) world wide without warning, they leave family and respond. America isn't at war, the military is. America is at the Mall. I thank God for these kids everyday.

DonnaMc Guest
    Hear Hear!

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    I have had the honor and privelege of working with and for people like this every day for over three decades. My last two years have been spent in Iraq and on the Afghan - Pakistan border areas. I had men under my command in Iraq just as selfless and brave who did things daily that amazed me and made me proud. The men and women in uniform don't debate the policy and decison making of our civilian leadership, elected or otherwise. They just act. The just serve. They do what they do to the best of their ability applying American core values in just trying to do whats right to save lives, ease suffering, give humanitarian assistance and defeat oppression. Thank God they don't have time to read or believe some of the op-ed pieces written about them by chicken shit writers who have led charmed lives and don't have the guts or values to do what they do. Whether diving on a grenade or handing out food to families or soccer balls to kids, these people are heroes 24/7. Whether in a combat role, or being surged to respond to a disaster (Tsunami, earthquake, flood) world wide without warning, they leave family and respond. America isn't at war, the military is. America is at the Mall. I thank God for these kids everyday.
    Hear Hear!

I say, God Bless all of our military. We certainly have the best Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guard in the world. It's our military that makes this country great because of the honor and distinction with which they serve.

Thank you Stonecold.

America isn't at war, the military is. America is at the Mall.
    You got that right. Americans at home (with the exceptions of the families of our military personnel) did not sacrifice one iota for the wars of the past 20 years. It was all too easy for us to send men and women into harm's way while getting fat and happy at home. We squabbled about government budgets and taxes while our soldiers continued to be underpaid and sent into combat with inadequate equipment. An absolute disgrace, IMO.

My sincerest thanks to all of you. Sorry for the rant. Sometimes the PTSD kicks in. Where IS that damn Scotch bottle.....

My sincerest thanks to all of you. Sorry for the rant. Sometimes the PTSD kicks in. Where IS that damn Scotch bottle.....
    No problemo, you've earned the right to rant.

Morto Guest
    Amen that has been my personal experience as well.My son is a US Marine serving his country my youngest son is joining the US Army.

kandykisses Guest
    What Meyer did was so extrodinary and he is so humble. I got teared up listening to him tell his story on 60 minutes. I hope by him telling it Capts in command will make better decissions.