Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti virus warnings when using the forum

Anti virus warnings when using the forum

I clicked on a link and my avast anti virus blocked it. It's in the awkward boner thread.

What post number is it in, hun?

I clicked on it and my anti virus software--Norton's-- didn't pop up. Nick will know.

Exclamation

i hate infected boners
    I WISH I HAD A KRYPTONITE CROSS, because then you could keep both Dracula and Superman away.-Jack Handey

My radar is fairly new and it didn't pop up. That may not mean anything.

No, nothing detected by my antivirus program, and Site Advisor gives it a clean bill of health: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.funzu.com. It might have been some trackware running when you visited that isn't coming up when we visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No, nothing detected by my antivirus program, and Site Advisor gives it a clean bill of health: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.funzu.com. It might have been some trackware running when you visited that isn't coming up when we visited.
    I bookmarked that site. Thanks, Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_AmmaKittehKat View Post
    Nick!!! Is there nothing you dont know???
    He doesn't know my middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_AmmaKittehKat View Post
    I'll bet bet you he doesn't know how fast an aardvark can run either
    Lol. He might.

Thanks Nick, guess that's what it was? Scared the shit out of me when it went went off. Well at least I know the program works?!

Im getting a warning about the metalsludge link in the Jani Lane thread.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Im getting a warning about the metalsludge link in the Jani Lane thread.
    The one on this post? http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...&postcount=209? My antivirus didn't pop up.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-26-2011 at 01:43 AM.

This is the message I get when I quote or hit the post button
    findadeath.com contains content from www.metalsludge.tv, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified www.metalsludge.tv that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.metalsludge.tv, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
    I dont get it with the quick post.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I clicked Quote with no problem. Either you are experiencing some kind of tech glitch or my anti virus software is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I clicked Quote with no problem. Either you are experiencing some kind of tech glitch or my anti virus software is shit.
    Im browsing using Google Chrome. It wasnt my virus protection software it was Google. At least I think it was Google. I dunno cuz I clicked on the link a few days before no prob but then a few days later this started happening not from clicking on the link but from trying to quote a post in that thread.

That type of warning is usually caused by oddball cookies like Nick mentioned before. Did you give the site advisor link a whirl while using Google Chrome and getting this warning, Ichles?

Google Chrome is also notorious for not being compatible with sites. Causes folks all kinds of conflicts when really it just can't read the site properly, depending on which publisher someone uses to create a site. Other stuff like offsite hosted pics being the real cause too. The other server hosting the pics being the problem one, etc.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 08-27-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Life goes on.

I'm getting a warning about malware in the Laci Peterson thread. It says something about how yourargumentisinvalid.com is a site that has malware. Maybe someone linked it in the thread? I can't look at the last page. The link must be on that page?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    I'm getting a warning about malware in the Laci Peterson thread. It says something about how yourargumentisinvalid.com is a site that has malware. Maybe someone linked it in the thread? I can't look at the last page. The link must be on that page?
    It was in a picture linked in the thread. Removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    It was in a picture linked in the thread. Removed.
    Thank you!

I go to MetalSludge every so often and have never had a problem with malware from there.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Malware warnings popping up...

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place for this, so apologies if not.

I have just logged in a little while ago, and in that time, my anti-virus has thrown up 4 Malware threat warnings.

I've been browsing, of all things, the Courtney Stodden thread in Entertainment, and have only clicked on one link from there, but that was after the warnings came up.

Now, I don't understand the language used in these warnings (computer speak, not my thing, sorry) so I just let the anti-virus do it's thing, and am obviously still here, but just wondered if it was an issue for anyone else, or just me?

Also, I am not having a go at anyone, but I thought it was a good idea to say something, in case it is a board-wide issue.

Thanks, Fiona.

ETA: I just got another anti-virus warning, on the Police Blotter thread, I think it's something to do with the ads at the top?

http://widget.publisheradnetwork.com/pub...
    file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Fi...
    html:Iframe-inf
    Last edited by FizzyGrissom; 10-01-2011 at 06:29 PM.

It's a Farmers Union Iced Coffee, or it's nothing.

Are you using Google Chrome? Is the warning just that an iframe is being used? Iframes can be used to inject one page into another page, so you can go on a respectable-looking site and be served content from a different, shady domain. Sometimes antivirus programs and browsers mark tracking cookies as threats (the same kinds of cookies you get from almost any major site that allows it to easily customize the experience for you), and iframes are also regarded as suspicious, because they can be abused.

In this case - as in many, many others, cookies and iframes are being used to enhance user experience. Cookies allow us to keep you logged in (so you don't have to log in every time you visit) and they allow the forums to mark which threads you've already read so you know which ones have new posts just by looking at the page. Iframes are used sparingly, but they allow us to server content without slowing down the whole page.

If you don't want either cookies or ads to be served to you, send me a PM and I'll help you with your request.

Nah, I am using Firefox. I don't mind the ads, just wasn't sure why I was getting warnings all of a sudden.

That warning above is all I get when I click on "further details" and I use Avast Anti-Virus.

If it's nothing serious, I won't worry, will just let the anti-virus do it's work as I'm not too concerned about cookies etc, as I have it set so they delete automatically each time I log off Firefox.

Thank you for answering.

It's a Farmers Union Iced Coffee, or it's nothing.

Keep getting virus warnings on here.

It keeps popping up and saying this forum has a virus. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue. But, I wonder what's going on.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

I've had no issues. My browser is FF and my a/v is Avira Premium and I'm here multiple times daily. I'm thinking your a/v is doing a false positive from the banner ads and/or the script running on FAD itself.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

That could be the case. Anyone here with AVG who is getting this?

I have AVG, no problems here.

If you're using AVG, free or pay, look for heuristics scan in settings to see if it's checked. If so, un-check it and see if that makes any difference.

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

The site was hacked. Someone inserted a script on the forum pages. It should be okay now, but I'm still checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The site was hacked. Someone inserted a script on the forum pages. It should be okay now, but I'm still checking.
    Well that explains it. Thanks, Nick. My NoScript add-on shows no unusual script here now.

I kept getting a warning message yesterday, it seems to have gone now.
    The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

LP. Hartley

I was getting the message last night. My anti virus software wouldn't even allow me to log in. Obviously fixed now.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Glad it's fixed now.

I'm so glad it's fixed. It did get in my PC though. But, luckily it was very easy to remove.

I suggest everyone here run a scan on their comps though.

I got that warning message last night when I tried to look up Kim Walker in the directory. Still getting it today. Is anyone else experiencing it there?

I am having no issues in the forum and in the member directory.

Norton popped up and blocked a wicked virus from some thread here this morning; I'm sorry, I can't remember which one. Grr.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Jesus H! Please tell me what the script was or tried to do? I'm pretty PC savvy and I can check my system. Now- some site recently did invoke Java Runtime which I promptly killed with Process Explorer. It may have been this one. The pc hasn't exhibited any odd behavior (or new processes) but I'd like to know what they tried to do. Again- do you know what the script tried to do?

Now my Norton is warning me of a virus.
    Some days, you get the Bear, other days the Bear gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Now my Norton is warning me of a virus.
    What thread? What browser do you use? I use Norton and FireFox and have never gotten a virus warning even one time.

Nick will be along and he knows more about it than I do.

I use IE and Norton 360. I will try and note all the info if it happens again. Norton blocked it but as soon as I saw the warning I closed the window and all the tabs. I scare easy on the interweb.

It was the Random Pics thread. I just remembered. Not having a problem now.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 09-17-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    It was the Random Pics thread. I just remembered. Not having a problem now.
    Somebody probably posted a pic as a link instead of an attachment and there's a malicious script at that link.

Old RP thread closed (it was about that time anyway) and new one created.

Life goes on.

That's kinda sorta helpful. But what if we've been infected? Like I said- some page invoked Java Runtime. I killed it rapidly but if I don't know what the script was supposed to do I can't know if my system is safe.

The script that was put here by the hackers was quickly deleted. It was at the bottom of every foum page.

Nick is looking into the issue forum-wide, so no worries. And creating a new thread is something we do anyway when their post counts get in that thread's reply range anyway as it keeps the strain on the server to a minimum. You see, when a large thread like that is pulled up, every post image is loaded in the background too. That one being loaded with images creating more of a strain. So now you know why it's more helpful than it appears to be on the surface and that Nick is looking into the issue you're worried about.

Life goes on.

Google malware alert?

Weird thing happened today, when I tried to go to the New link on the main page of the site. Google Chrome came up with a malware warning, saying that this site has content from www.deathclock.com, and at least according to Google, that website has been flagged as malicious, or containing malware.

Never seen that warning pop up when coming to this site before, so I thought I'd ask, and see if anyone here knows anything about it.

L

My anti virus program is blocking all the entries on the FAD site
    What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?