Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ex Warrant Singer: Jani Lane

Forever-27 Guest
    wingers a counciler at a rock fantsy camp ... the kids there probly don't know him. I never knew that about vixen. All normal people today. I still listen to edge of a broken heart by them from time to time.

You learn the dammest things here every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    Omigod...Slaughter!! I lived for them! I had the biggest crush on the drummer, Blas! He was soooooo dreamy!!
    They still put on a good show. Blas wasn't on drums, though. I'm not entirely sure who the drummer was, to be honest.

Add me to the list of Metal Edge lovers! My walls were plastered with pics from that mag, especially if Peter Steele was featured. I was never a Type O Negative fan, but Peter was a 15 yr-old metal girl's dream. RIP, dude.

I also was (and oddly enough still am) attracted to Dave Mustaine. Don't judge me.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDeathHag View Post
    I am so bummed over his death; Warrant was my fave band growing up; my best friend Melissa and I worshipped them, lol. Melissa died in 1993 after she was hit by a drunk driver, and one of the first things that popped in my head when I heard about Jani was that Melissa would meet him at the pearly gates and welcome him in. I know I probably sound kinda corny, but I just remember how much she loved him. RIP Jani.

That's sweet

Forever-27 Guest
    Kinda like how my favorie cousin , the night she her screwup bf and me went and saw Guns N Roses in concert. After she got home took a gun and splattered her brains all over her bedroom wall. Its hard for me to listen to GnR now without tearing up.

Bama..not corny at all. Very nice. Im sure she did meet him at the pearly gates.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    You learn the dammest things here every day.
    One of the best things about this site !

Makes me wonder what happpened to vinnie vincent invasion
    After the record company insisted they drop VV, they became Slaughter.

Also, if you have never read it, Metal-sludge.com is a great source of info and funny stories about the hair band era.

DrDeath Guest
    Ah Slaughter. Man I LOVED them! Blas was also my dream. I think he's touring with them again now. He had to quit due to back problems I believe but guess he's sorted/skint now.

What WAS with that weird face Jani had in the Cherry Pie video? Like a mask?

AllyTheHag Guest
    There will be a memorial concert for Jani at the Key Club on August 29. Admission is free (only 300 tickets available, though). I won't be there, but thought some of you in the area might be interested in attending. More info here: http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index...2468&Itemid=42

One of my ex's (about 20 yrs ago) looked exactly like Mark Slaughter, he was dumb as a box of rocks though.
    I loved hair metal, still do. Still listen to lost of bands from back then.
    Metal Edge was really difficult to find over here but I found it in a bookshop in Glasgow and used to trail in there every month to buy it!

DrDeath Guest
    I can feel a nostalgia trip coming on.....

I heard a report on the radio this morning that Jani had no ID on him when his body was found. All they found was a piece of paper in his pocket that said "I am Jani Lane" and the sources said it was NOT written in his handwriting.... Soooo what could this mean?

I am going to find more info on this....

So does this mean he had no wallet? Was it stolen? Did he check into the room himself or was he visiting someone? This could get ugly if this is true...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Okay - radio this morning now on TMZ...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/22/warran...hecked-him-in/
    My Posse's On Broadway

Jacksmum Guest
    I read it this morning. It was written by a friend of his and the family is pissed that he didn't receive help and the friend only put that note in his pocket.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    So does this mean he had no wallet? Was it stolen? Did he check into the room himself or was he visiting someone? This could get ugly if this is true...
    It sounds to me (from the article) that Jani had lost his ID a while ago and had never bothered to get a new one, and the person who wrote the note was probably concerned that if something ever happened to him, whoever found him would have no way to identify him and wouldn't know who to contact. I know from experience that this is a common concern with friends and families of drug addicts. I doubt that the person who wrote the note would have also written their phone number if they'd had anything to do with Jani's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I read it this morning. It was written by a friend of his and the family is pissed that he didn't receive help and the friend only put that note in his pocket.
    Isn't denial grand? The friend should have gotten him help ... but the family was what: oblivious to the fact that Jani had a problem?

gas_chick Guest
    Classic trying to blame someone other than yourself or the deceased for what happened to them. Can't imagine what they are going through though. RIP Jani.

I don't think there is anything the note writer could have done if he didn't want help himself. Sometimes all you can do is watch the addict slowly kill themselves and make sure you find out when it happens.

Also, regarding the creepy smile in the Cherry Pie video, it looks like the same thing they use in that creepy ass Jell-O Pudding commercials.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but this Sat., there is an all new episode of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic at 8 p.m. eastern I think. Jani Lynn is the guest. It was his last television appearance.

Jacksmum Guest

Shannon Guest
    I remember seeing Warrant play at I think it was the Grammys, this was not long after they made it big. And he looked real burnt out even then, so it was not a big shock when I heard he died. In such videos like "I Saw Red" I thoght he was kind of cute then:/

DrDeath Guest
    How do they get hold of these calls? Not the hotel's finest hour, apparently he'd been dead a while so she could've just said he was clearly dead and not have to worry about someone then having to go in and check the body.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    what about the second part of the call when the 911 dispatch calls LAPD and they just blow him off and tell him to call back later?

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    what about the second part of the call when the 911 dispatch calls LAPD and they just blow him off and tell him to call back later?
    It sounds like he was calling to report a D.B. (Dead Body), but he didn't yet have the information necessary to report. I don't feel they blew him off -- "call back later" probably meant in a couple of minutes, once the paramedics and fire department (who were already on the way) got there and they could confirm if there was in fact a dead body or this was just someone who was ill and needed to be taken to hospital.

The one I can't believe is the 911 caller. No one, not one person, was willing to go in and check to see if the guy was alive or dead? Really?

RaRaRamona Guest

Wooooow He must have been in unbelievably bad shape for people to be doing that. Yikes

I wish we knew who the person was that put the note in his pocket. Not cause we "should" know - I'm just a nosey little bitch...
    My Posse's On Broadway

RaRaRamona Guest
    Me too dude!

ryanolivia Guest
    Boy, I pray I never fall ill in that Comfort Inn! On the plus side, if any Death Hags want to visit the Jani Lane death room, we now know it is room 118.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Blas was also my dream.
    Last I heard he was part of the Blue Man Group. Since there are a few, I don't know which one.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

DrDeath Guest

lisalouver Guest
    I wonder, was his name legally changed to Jani Lane?

JudyAnn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I wonder, was his name legally changed to Jani Lane?
    His daughter is Taylar Lane and I believe that Jani's brother, also a musician, has the original family name. Unsure if it was legally changed.

He hated that people mispronounced it as "Janee" when it was just "Johnny" spelled funny. Hey, you chose it!

JudyAnn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    He hated that people mispronounced it as "Janee" when it was just "Johnny" spelled funny. Hey, you chose it!
    Really? See, I always thought it *was* pronounced "Janie" and I *know* that I've heard him say his name as "Janie" and be introduced this way, too.

I figured Jani was a cutting-edge, gender-ambiguous name like Alice Cooper.

Also, his daughter is Taylar *Jayne*, further adding to the Janie confusion (or credibility).

lisalouver Guest
    Well, you can give a baby any last name you want at birth... but I really will be interested to see what his DC says as his legal name when its signed out.

Like the friend that put the note in his pocket. Jani Lane wouldnt mean a lot to anyone who found him in the Comfort Inn, lol. I myself of course would know who Jani Lane is but know what I mean, lol

RaRaRamona Guest
    Wow he is very active. That's funny. And he's still very hot too.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I never once heard anyone, including Jani lane, call him Johnny or anything else other than Janie.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I never once heard anyone, including Jani lane, call him Johnny or anything else other than Janie.
    Me either?

Mammy Guest
    Sad to hear of him dying. I love the hair bands and have a Power Ballad cd that my husband and I both like. My husband took our son to see Slayer and Megadeath last year and said they still sounded great and put on a good show. I'll stick to cds cause I don't do crowds.

http://www.tv.com/jani-lane/person/317332/summary.html

Quick explaination about the pronounciation. He eventually just gave up.

DrDeath Guest
    Which confirms he was a bit of a dumbass? God rest him etc

ryanolivia Guest

When he passed, the newscaster here pronounced it Yani.

No! Not Yanni!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest

That kinda makes me think he's an idiot for doing that. Jani? Really?

Which confirms he was a bit of a dumbass? God rest him etc
    hahaha yes

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    When he passed, the newscaster here pronounced it Yani.
    LOLOL Did he also call him cherry pie guy? I did the other day, just bc of this thread. I immediately felt guilty.

VH1 Classic is showing the episode of "That metal show" in which Jani was on just a few weeks before he died....pretty interesting....he seems "together"...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

laynesgrl Guest
    Say what you will but, I loved Hair Metal then and I love it still!! Jani Lane was one of the most underrated songwriters/singers of all time. He was a good lookin' talented guy of German descent who just happened to have been tormented in his latter years.
    Rock in Peace~Jani Lane~

ryanolivia Guest
    That kinda makes me think he's an idiot for doing that. Jani? Really?

hahaha yes

LOLOL Did he also call him cherry pie guy? I did the other day, just bc of this thread. I immediately felt guilty.
    He didn't call him the Cherry Pie guy. He looked pretty uptight. I'm going to guess he was not aware of Cherry Pie or the Cherry Pie guy and the first he heard of Yani Lane was when he read the teleprompter.

Wow he is very active. That's funny. And he's still very hot too.
    Wow he's aged very well. Much better than Mark Slaughter. A recent pic I saw of him, he was kinda bloated and toad-like.

I wonder if Bobbi Brown has said anything about Jani's death - anyone know? I am pretty sure their divorce was acrimonious.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

DrDeath Guest
    On present form she'll be hawking her story to the highest bidder, blissfully unaware that no one is interested in her cos we've heard it all before....

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Wow he's aged very well. Much better than Mark Slaughter. A recent pic I saw of him, he was kinda bloated and toad-like.

I wonder if Bobbi Brown has said anything about Jani's death - anyone know? I am pretty sure their divorce was acrimonious.
    no way seriously? I had such a crush on Mark Slaughter!

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    I watched Jani on "That Metal Show" last night. He really looked like hell, like he was sick. He seemed clear-headed and well-spoken, though (way more than I can say for fellow guest Taime Down - whoa nelly!). It was sad to watch, knowing it was his last TV appearance. I hope he rests in peace.