They just reported he died. How sad.

Sparkles Guest
    I just heard this a little bit ago as well. Very sad

knothere Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77437357.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	1735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asiaflyv10206011724_widec.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	1736

Cataroo Guest
    I am very sad about this. Earlier in his career, he had some problems. But since becoming a father, he was really turning himself around.

He will be missed ...

Jazbabee Guest
    RIP

I was kind of surprised that he was only 24. Seemed like he was around for few years. I know he had issues earlier in his career. Wasn't he the one that spit on an opponent in the playoffs like maybe 2 years ago or something?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Luffy66 Guest
    Shot in the leg no less.

RIP

Jazbabee Guest
    According to the media, it hit an artery, which caused major issues. They were fearing that if he made it, brain damage would result. Just shows how precarious life really is !
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    Shot in the leg no less.

RIP

Bake Guest
    I was shocked this morning by the news!! Very very young, he was my daughters age!!

RoRo Guest
    tragic loss

Death Hag Chris Guest
    that does suck. looks like i'm not taking the Redskins in the football pool this week.

Gardner32 Guest
    DHG, yeah, good thing he died before you did that!!!

Seriously, so sad

MorbidMolly Guest
    I find this odd, to say the least...this was the second time his house was hit, and something isn`t adding up for me....he should of had kick-ass security....there`s more to this than we know...

12 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Washington Redskins star defender Sean Taylor died early Tuesday morning after being shot Monday at his home in Miami, the National Football League club announced Tuesday.

The 24-year-old safety died in a Florida hospital where he underwent nearly seven hours of emergency surgery Monday to repair a severed femoral artery, the team announced.
    "This is the worst imaginable tragedy," Redskins owner Daniel Snyder said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Sean's family."
    Police said Taylor was struck in the leg by a bullet that hit the femoral artery, causing a severe blood loss.
    "He did not make it through the night," Taylor's lawyer Richard Sharpstein told the Washington Post, calling the death "a ridiculous unnecessary tragedy."
    At Redskins Park, a small bouquet of white flowers had been placed at the main entrance and flags were lowered to half-staff. Fans also huddled near Taylor's parking spot.
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league will honour Taylor's memory at all games this weekend.
    Taylor's No. 21 will be painted in a grass parking area leading into Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia. The team also announced No. 21 will be painted in front of the Redskins' Hall of Fame store.
    Taylor had faced off-field legal issues several times, including a 2004 drunken driving arrest and the dropping of felony assault charges from a 2005 off-season incident involving firearms.
    Sharpstein told CNN that the shooting took place in Taylor's home. An intruder or intruders fired two shots and one hit Taylor. The bleeding "could not really be stopped, only curbed a bit," he said.
    Neither Taylor's fiancee nor their 18-month-old daughter, both at home when the attack took place, was harmed physically in what is believed to be the second break-in there within eight days.
    "This was a deliberate attack," Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato told the Post.
    Taylor was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital after his fiancee made an emergency call.
    "He never regained consciousness," Sharpstein told CNN. "He was unconscious when the fire rescue people arrived. It's a senseless tragic death."
    Taylor and his fiancee had been in the bedroom when a disturbance was heard in the living room, Sharpstein said.
    "(He) tried to get a small machete that he keeps under the bed to defend himself but the door was burst into," Sharpstein told CNN, adding that Taylor's fiancee hid under the covers until the assailants had fled.
    The shooting stunned Taylor's Redskins' teammates, who had been optimistic after reports Taylor had made facial expressions Monday night, his first signs of conscious behaviour following concerns of brain damage.

"Seemed like a lot of hope after he responded to the doctor's command, but he lost of a lot of blood," Taylor family friend Donald Walker told the Post.
    Eight days before the fatal shooting, an intruder pried open a window and went through drawers and a safe in the home and also left a knife on a bed, according to police.
    That break-in prompted Taylor to ask for time away from team meetings to handle matters relating to the incident, which was granted by Redskins coach Joe Gibbs.
    "For all of us here, we're obviously in shock," Gibbs had said Monday. "I know I can't put it in words."
    Taylor was the fifth pick of the 2004 NFL Draft and had a strong 2007 season with 42 tackles and a team-high five interceptions until a November 11 knee injury forced him to the sidelines the past two games.
    "How can you deal with it? It's hard," teammate Clinton Portis said. "All we can think about is if he had been with us on the flight to Tampa, if he was at the game with us, then he would not have been in that situation."
    Taylor, who had been ejected from a playoff game for spitting on an opponent, pleaded no contest last year to two misdemeanor charges in connection with the 2005 incident and was in the final days of 18 months on probation. He had originally faced three felony counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and two battery misdemeanors after a confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle. Police said gunshots had been fired into the vehicle.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    Wasn't he the one that spit on an opponent in the playoffs like maybe 2 years ago or something?

Yep ... that was him! I remember getting SO mad at him after he did that, because he gave a black eye to the entire Redskins organization. He got a HUGE fine for it (as well he should have)!!

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    looks like i'm not taking the Redskins in the football pool this week.

I dunno ... I am hoping this tragedy will rally the Redskins and get them to the playoffs this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Yep ... that was him! I remember getting SO mad at him after he did that, because he gave a black eye to the entire Redskins organization. He got a HUGE fine for it (as well he should have)!!
    Phew, thanks Cataroo, I was trying to remember the details of that.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    Shot in the leg no less.

RIP
    Yeah, unfortunately, having one's femoral artery severed is difficult to recover from. And usually results in bleeding out very quickly.

The whole thing just makes me sad.

oranjuicejones Guest
    I might be wrong about the details, but it's very strange. I keep hearing it called a robery when nothing was stolen. his wife and child where in the house but unhurt, is this because Taylor went after the intruder with a machette and his family hid? His house was broken into just over a week ago, was anything stolen then, I've just heard one of his kitchen knives was left on his bed, on his pillow. He had some problems earlier in life and was arrested for pulling a gun on people. And, although he wanted to change it doesn't mean people will let you. And why didn't he get security after the last break in? Is it part of him from the no snitching type of culture or was he just too masculine for that? It's all very strange. Something happened.

Andrea Guest
    Eeee having your house broken into and a knife left on your bed? *flashback* to Manson style creepy crawl! Someone must have been after him for more than burglary and it will be interesting to see how this case develops.

Tragic. Too young.

RigorMortis Guest
    Something's fishy here. I'm not a sports fan. Don't know who this kid is/was. Yes, sad to be gone so young especially if he was trying to turn things around for himself and his family. I still say something thugish will come out in the wash. If the "creepy crawl" was going down then something was up. Someone had a grudge.

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    I feel really bad for his girlfriend and their daughter. Poor little girl will grow up without a daddy and mom will never be able to sleep again. Can you imagine how traumatic that was? I don't think I would ever be able to go to sleep again (without some serious medication).

Irishlass Guest
    so who else thinks the GF did it....maybe im a pessimist but i think she did

GrinReaper Guest
    I dunno ... I am hoping this tragedy will rally the Redskins and get them to the playoffs this year!!
    Then again it could have the opposite desired effect.

The Pack, Cowboys, and Pats are lookin really good this year!

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Then again it could have the opposite desired effect.

The Pack, Cowboys, and Pats are lookin really good this year!

Do NOT burst my bubble! I am holding out for hope wherever I can find it!!

Jazbabee Guest
    This is unsubstantiated, but I have heard more than one person say that they heard reports that he was actually shot by a police officer responding to the intruder report, that actually mistook him for the intruder. Has anyone else heard anything like that ?>

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I would like to think so. I was a BIG Redskins fan as a teenager, and into my early 20's. the first Super Bowl I watched was the Skins and Raiders in '83? and this IS a sad thing to have happened. but even if the Skins make it to the playoffs, good luck getting past Dallas and Green Bay in the NFC division.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    This is unsubstantiated, but I have heard more than one person say that they heard reports that he was actually shot by a police officer responding to the intruder report, that actually mistook him for the intruder. Has anyone else heard anything like that ?>
    Nope....I live here and haven`t heard that....am hearing that this was a " hit ".....the dude was certainly on someones shit list......little trivia going around here....his girlfriend is suppose to be Andy Garcia`s niece....

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    but even if the Skins make it to the playoffs, good luck getting past Dallas and Green Bay in the NFC division.

... with my 'Skins ... anything is possible! They have been known to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory ... but once in awhile, fate smiles upon them and it goes the other way!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    ... with my 'Skins ... anything is possible! They have been known to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory ... but once in awhile, fate smiles upon them and it goes the other way!!
    well, I wish them the best of luck in the next 5 weeks. I think their gonna need it.

I don't think this was a burglary - I think someone had a beef with him and took him out. Just my feeling...

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    A bizarre footnote to this tragedy is there have been 4 deaths among NFL players in the last 11 months:

Darrent Williams, 24 - Denver Broncos cornerback died after being shot in a drive-by on Jan. 1, 2007.
    Damien Nash, 24 - Denver Broncos running back collapsed during a charity basketball game on Feb. 23, 2007.
    Marquise Hill, 24 - New England Patriots defensive end drowned after an accident while jet skiing on May 28, 2007.
    Sean Taylor, 24 - Washington Redskins safety died Nov. 27, 2007 after being shot in an apparent burglary.

All of which were 24 years old, 2 were murders, 2 accidental. Very strange indeed...

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Nope....I live here and haven`t heard that....am hearing that this was a " hit ".....the dude was certainly on someones shit list......little trivia going around here....his girlfriend is suppose to be Andy Garcia`s niece....
    Something seems fishy. Seems like the intruder knew where the bedroom was.

Taking any of his past out of the equation (past troubles with the law and so forth), this has a stalker-y feel to it. With a previous break-in and a knife left deliberately, it's either a personal beef or a whack job fan gone bad. It just sounds too weird a set of circumstances to be a robbery gone wrong.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Taking any of his past out of the equation (past troubles with the law and so forth), this has a stalker-y feel to it. With a previous break-in and a knife left deliberately, it's either a personal beef or a whack job fan gone bad. It just sounds too weird a set of circumstances to be a robbery gone wrong.
    No offense to his fans: Wasn't he a real jerk? He could have just rubbed someone the wrong way so he could have been rubbed out because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Eeee having your house broken into and a knife left on your bed? *flashback* to Manson style creepy crawl! Someone must have been after him for more than burglary and it will be interesting to see how this case develops.

it seems a woman may have shot him. she may have been aiming for the third leg.

joe pesci types would have emptied the piece in his head.

and the knife on the bed business...

More Cheese Please Guest
    I thought about you when I heard this story. Tragic.

One of my best friends is a Skins fan also. Thinking of you as we head down the stretch- hopefully this brings the team together- a tragic "rally cry" indeed, but, a great way to honor Sean and move the team forward.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    New developments in this case:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3558834.shtml

4 Men have been arrested in connection with his murder. Stay tuned!

hoxharding Guest
    One night I thought I was listening to NPR and it turned out to be a Christian radio station.
    I heard the oddest news announcement concerning his Taylor.
    It sounded as if it was a news alert,but then they said
    "Taylor had a growing relationship with the Lord!"
    I apologize,but the way it was said, it made God sound like a murder suspect.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    No offense to his fans: Wasn't he a real jerk? He could have just rubbed someone the wrong way so he could have been rubbed out because of it.
    Early in his career, he had his issues. But since he became a father, he was staying home more and more and I think that it angered some of the people that were hanging out with him. No more free rides for them ...

But the arrests seem to point that they were trying to take the things that he had ... straight up robbery ... nothing more ...

endsleigh03 Guest
    I really was paying zero attention to this story until I turned on CNN today and realised that the suspects are here in Fort Myers where I live, in jail.
    Or they were as of CNN this morning.
    What I can't figure out is whether they are from here or just fled Miami and came over here.
    Anybody know?

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    I am so out of the loop with this murder but is it true that Andy Garcia's niece was his fiance?

TMZ was reporting that but I haven't heard it anywhere else.

I also agree that something just doesn't sound right.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    I am so out of the loop with this murder but is it true that Andy Garcia's niece was his fiance?

TMZ was reporting that but I haven't heard it anywhere else.

I also agree that something just doesn't sound right.
    It is true about Andy Garcia's niece being Sean's fiance. They have arrested the "alleged" punk scum bags that did this.

one of the burglars was convicted of 2nd degee murder today.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...urder-sean-ta/

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    A bizarre footnote to this tragedy is there have been 4 deaths among NFL players in the last 11 months:

Darrent Williams, 24 - Denver Broncos cornerback died after being shot in a drive-by on Jan. 1, 2007.
    Damien Nash, 24 - Denver Broncos running back collapsed during a charity basketball game on Feb. 23, 2007.
    Marquise Hill, 24 - New England Patriots defensive end drowned after an accident while jet skiing on May 28, 2007.
    Sean Taylor, 24 - Washington Redskins safety died Nov. 27, 2007 after being shot in an apparent burglary.

All of which were 24 years old, 2 were murders, 2 accidental. Very strange indeed...
    been a rough season for college players as well four died in five weeks.