Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

heat123 Guest
    So sad, condolences to her family.

DrDeath Guest
    Let's just hope she gets the peace in death that she was unable to find in life.

Her place is being treated a crime scene but it seems she'd been dead for a while when they found her. Wonder who made the 999 call?

This is one I have found - more may come out now... It is dated June 18, 2011.
    My Posse's On Broadway

R.I.P. Amy
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Anybody have a last known photo?
    This is 13th July going for a walk in Camden
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amy.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	661.6 KB 
ID:	31217  

Indeed, I am truly saddened. RIP, Amy. May you find in heaven the dreams you wished for on earth.

gobluegirl Guest
    Sadly, I'm not surprised. I felt it was only a matter of time with her. She had a great talent, but drugs ruined her life. Another one for Club27.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    See, she looked relatively healthy in this recent picture. Maybe it was foul play, not an OD.

Forever-27 Guest
    Its not like nobody tried with her. You'd think they would learn from jimi, janis , bon or kevin debrow.

Some people you just can't reach.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post

Hmmm, not as skinny as we have seen her before... She actually looks a little bloated, you know like liver not working correctly bloated.
    My Posse's On Broadway

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    See, she looked relatively healthy in this recent picture. Maybe it was foul play, not an OD.
    How often do we say that about people who've been ill etc before they die? They seemed to be getting better/looking well. Camden will be in lockdown with all the fans paying tribute. Glad I don't live in that neighbourhood.

This is her at the iTunes festival last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQAnNARrWs

girlnamedfaerie Guest
    Addiction is a horrible thing.

Well no surprise but still so sad and such a waste of a great talent...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

death hag dee Guest
    I was actually suprised...figured with all her close calls she wuz gonna out live us all.....

DrDeath Guest
    Her goddaughter was always a source of great pride to her. I hope she makes it and doesn't follow Amy's lead. She's one hell of a talent

I'm shocked but not at all surprised. It was just a few months ago that the media was talking about how she was too cracked out to perform on her first "comeback" tour date. Oh well...
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    This is her at the iTunes festival last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQAnNARrWs
    Wow I have to say she looked really good - cant wait to see what the actual cause of death is.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not, especially after the video of her disasterous concert in June. Addiction sucks, the girl had talent.

RIP, Amy

death hag dee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post

KC- Scotland yard as stated there was no sign of foul play

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Well, one good thing about this, I'm seeing people on here post that I haven't seen post in months! Howaya all been doing!? I know, I know, totally tacky thought to mention right now. It's just the Death Hag in me.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

I thought she'd be like Keith Richards, or somebody like that. Outlive us all. Another of the 27 Y/O club of musicians to die!

Snudgie Guest
    Very very sad, but not surprising...I always knew I'd see Amy's name in this forum....such a terrible waste of a great talent...RIP Amy xx

lvrgirl64 Guest
    I was initially shocked to hear that but then thought about it and I guess its not a big surprise So sad.....her beautiful bright light shone so briefly! May her troubled soul find some peace.
    Last edited by lvrgirl64; 07-23-2011 at 11:44 AM.

orionova Guest
    It's a shame that such a great voice is now silent. To be honest, though, I think it may have been what she wanted. She always knew she was playing with fire.

They say cause of death is still unknown??? You think it was an accidental od??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm not surprising but sad RIP
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

Been expecting this news for a few years, we all have really but still sad she has died at such a young age, such wasted potential of a talent gone that could have gone further shame her addictions brought more news than her music did in the end, really feel for her family
    RIP Amy

RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.

Shocked but not suprised. I feel a great deal of sympathy for her. I heard at an AA meeting one time that success can be the worst thing for an alcoholic, because it usually brings a lot of money, enabling assistants who rely on the alcoholic for their own success, and a sense of entitlement to do whatever the alcoholic wants, needs or desires.

I am sure that her getting boo'd at one of her recent concerts didn't help her inner demons, but she had a great talent. Unfortunately, it seemed that much of her life was a trainwreck, and trainwreck usually trumps talent.

I hope she is now at peace.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

MunstersBabe Guest
    I wish I had a third of her talent...

I was pulling for her to make a recovery and lead a clean lifestyle, but we know that when drugs get a grip on you...it's extremely hard to not give in again and again.

Welcome to the Forever 27 Club, Amy.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    Oh great. She's part of the 27 club now.
    That was my thought. Great, people are going to make her into some God now. She had a great voice, talented... not so much. She doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison though. People still listen to them, did anyone even still listen to her?

I am shocked and so sad, I loved her music. I guess she didnt want help. I did hear her Dad saying she suffered from Emphysema. He said that would kill her one day and it wouldnt be a quick death.

Whatever happened, I hope she finds peace now. Love you Amy x

34. 07-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    That was my thought. Great, people are going to make her into some God now. She had a great voice, talented... not so much. She doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison though. People still listen to them, did anyone even still listen to her?
    I did and her music is very good. She will be missed by me and her family, friends and fans

Fancynancy Guest
    I don't know why I'm shocked, but I am. What a shame...

DrDeath Guest
    It's been (almost) confirmed as an OD. The police say no suspicious circumstances. I say almost confirmed cos they need to do tests but the fact that the police and paramedics are using the word overdose says a lot

Ghostyhead Guest
    I LOVED her music, Amy Winehouse was a towering talent. She clearly had demons. I always had hope for her and I'm crushed that she is gone.

Shannon Guest
    Don't know much about her at all. I actually thought she was older then that, guess that's what dope will do.

I'm not shocked, and wasn't really a fan, but I had hoped she would be able to overcome her addictions.

Ghostyhead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.
    beautifully stated.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Wow. Even though I was aware of her struggles, I'm still shocked by her death ... probably because she was so young and I always hoped that she would get better (others have, so why not her?). And maybe I'm in denial, but for some reason I can't explain, I don't think her cause of death is going to be OD. I'm thinking anorexia-related cardiac arrest. I've seen it so many times before: the person starts to look better/healthier and suddenly, bang!, the heart goes. It's actually the weight gain that does it.

RIP, Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Well, one good thing about this, I'm seeing people on here post that I haven't seen post in months! Howaya all been doing!? I know, I know, totally tacky thought to mention right now. It's just the Death Hag in me.
    LOL I'm one of those. Haven't been around in months, but the moment I saw Amy's name on the news, I had to run here. Silly me, I thought I would be the first! I'm doing well. Missed you all!
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-23-2011 at 11:46 AM.

GravesEnd Guest
    Always sad to hear about an untimely death. I was never into her music, much less her lifestyle. It is tragic nonetheless, and I feel for her loved ones.

lvrgirl64 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    They say cause of death is still unknown??? You think it was an accidental od??
    That seems to be happening a lot lot lately (accidental O.D.)

[Quote] but for some reason I can't explain, I don't think her cause of death is going to be OD. I'm thinking anorexia-related cardiac arrest. [Quote]
    @Ally.... That is so true. I never thought of that.
    Last edited by lvrgirl64; 07-23-2011 at 11:52 AM.

I love you so much for saying this, Jefe. Can I cosign this statement?

Rest well, Amy. Sorry your struggle overwhelmed you.

trishsixxm Guest
    Yeah I was a little shocked at first then not really surprised. RIP Amy.

DrDeath Guest

Thumbs up

Amen to that- excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Very very sad, but not surprising...I always knew I'd see Amy's name in this forum....such a terrible waste of a great talent...RIP Amy xx
    Not smarting or anything, but...there is the potential to see everyone's name in this forum. In the long run, we're all dead.

Amaya-chan Guest
    I've never listened to her music and all I knew about her were her addiction problems, and even then I didn't really pay attention. It's still very sad. She seemed like a very talented person.

Hell to the yeah! Just another example of why I appreciate your posts.

WTF does the song have to do with it!?!?

I love this quote. You know, so many people on my FB page are saying "she did this to herself" and even the stupidest one by far is "I would have some compassion for her if she was seeking help. But in her own arrogance she capitalized off a hit song about turning down rehab that was offered."

WHAT THE FAWK does the hit song have anything to do with this whatsoever?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]