Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 276

Thread: JFK, Jr.

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I wouldn't get near him with a 10' pole. I'd be afraid some of the "Kennedy" would rub off on me. That's stuff's worse than herpes.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    646
    Quick Caroline Kennedy story. I worked for a media outlet, and was coming back to the office after being out in the field doing some live reports. I was quite pregnant at the time, and was hauling a bunch of broadcast equipment, trying to get my fat, pregnant body and my equipment in the door. A woman coming out of the door, asked if she could help me, and grabbed some of my stuff and carried it back in the building for me. When we got inside, I thanked her, and she smiled and said she knew what those last months of pregnancy were like. I thought to myself...hmmm, she looks like Caroline Kennedy..I bet she hears that a lot. After I got into my office I found out that it was indeed Caroline Kennedy, who had been taping an interview about her book on the constitution. So I have to say she was very kind, and down to earth during the few minutes I spent with her.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post


    Here is a photo taken from her "good" side!




    LOL, perfect Sam.......
    Rudolph Valentino 1895-1926

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Posts
    1,008
    Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of JFK Jr's death. Wonder what he'd be doing today, if he actually knew how to fly a plane?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX.
    Posts
    2,943
    I always wanted he and Princess Diana to marry, and then have him become president of the U.S.
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

    http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,992
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of JFK Jr's death. Wonder what he'd be doing today, if he actually knew how to fly a plane?
    it is my opinion that JFK jr would have been elected President in 2008.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,067
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of JFK Jr's death. Wonder what he'd be doing today, if he actually knew how to fly a plane?
    Probably killed in a speedboat accident, navigation issues again.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    897
    He failed the bar several times. I can't imagine he would be president.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I always thought depending on the angle she was photographed, that Carolyn Bessette went from looking stunningly beautiful too looking rather plain or so so . Sometimes she looked like two different people. It reminds me of when famous people want to be photographed showing their "good side".



    She looked like a gigantic primordial dwarf.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Now, now...let's not speak ill of the dead. But honestly, I never saw her "beauty". Then again, I think Daryl Hannah looks like a horse and Nicole Kidman is overrated.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    378
    Ichabodious~I totally agree!! She does,hahaha
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Mahatma Gandhi

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX.
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    He failed the bar several times. I can't imagine he would be president.
    Hell, we elected George W. Bush TWICE!
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

    http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I always thought depending on the angle she was photographed, that Carolyn Bessette went from looking stunningly beautiful too looking rather plain or so so . Sometimes she looked like two different people. It reminds me of when famous people want to be photographed showing their "good side".



    she looked like an oat eater in some pics and quite attractive in other pics...
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the
    road. H.W. Beecher

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Posts
    1,008
    So, did they ever determine if the rumor that Carolyn was pregnant at the time of the crash was true, or not?

    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    So, did they ever determine if the rumor that Carolyn was pregnant at the time of the crash was true, or not?

    What if it was Teddy's!
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the
    road. H.W. Beecher

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Posts
    1,008
    Thank you for that image! Next I'll post a picture of my exploded head, as soon as I can scrape it off of my living room floor. Hope I can get all of it, before the cats start eating it!

    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Thank you for that image! Next I'll post a picture of my exploded head, as soon as I can scrape it off of my living room floor. Hope I can get all of it, before the cats start eating it!

    The could have named the baby: CarolTed, Teddylyne, or Marry Jo as a tribute..notice how Teddy and water never mix well ???( said in a poor Andy Rooney impression)
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the
    road. H.W. Beecher

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Posts
    1,008
    How about if they named it "Chappacokeaddict"?

    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,456
    JFK Jr ... flunked the bar three times, his magazine George was a financial failure, his current wife hated the publicity they received, and he disliked politics.

    He didn't have the knowledge, interest, or stamina to run for president. If he felt pressured to run for office, by Teddy and various cousins, he might have run for a senatorial position, and even with a win, I find it unlikely he would hold office beyond one term or two.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    JFK Jr ... flunked the bar three times, his magazine George was a financial failure, his current wife hated the publicity they received, and he disliked politics.

    He didn't have the knowledge, interest, or stamina to run for president. If he felt pressured to run for office, by Teddy and various cousins, he might have run for a senatorial position, and even with a win, I find it unlikely he would hold office beyond one term or two.
    Everything you say is true but the character and capabilities of some people emerge later in the crucible of life.
    John McCain was third generation military. Son of an Admiral and grandson of decorated Admiral. That was the only reason he got into Annapolis and his grades stunk and he almost partied himself out the door on several occasions.
    He graduated 894th out of 899 in his class. He was described as a mediocre pilot on his fit reps. He was almost killed because of a critical error he made while leading a firefighting team during the horrific fire on the USS Forestall. He had only flown a few missions over Hanoi when he was shot down and then badly injured and held under horrific conditions his character emerged. He tolerated the torture, exerted leadership with his fellow POWs. He refused to be released when he was offered release because of his status as an Admirals son during the Christmas holidays.
    He stayed and was released on the same time table as his peers.
    He became involved in politics and whether you like his politics or not (Liberal democrat here) he served the people of Arizona and the US with the courage of his convictions for many years.
    I don't think we can say what John Jr.'s potential really was and what he could have achieved as he matured.
    He might have stayed a dilettante or he might have matured into a professional or political leader and contributor.
    Unfortunately we will never know.
    Regards,
    Mary

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    JFK Jr ... flunked the bar three times, his magazine George was a financial failure, his current wife hated the publicity they received, and he disliked politics.

    He didn't have the knowledge, interest, or stamina to run for president. If he felt pressured to run for office, by Teddy and various cousins, he might have run for a senatorial position, and even with a win, I find it unlikely he would hold office beyond one term or two.
    he also needed more extensive flight training...I can't imagine getting aboard a plane with a pilot who wasn't instrument rated ...maybe a nice guy, but too confident in his abilities
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the
    road. H.W. Beecher

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX.
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Everything you say is true but the character and capabilities of some people emerge later in the crucible of life.
    John McCain was third generation military. Son of an Admiral and grandson of decorated Admiral. That was the only reason he got into Annapolis and his grades stunk and he almost partied himself out the door on several occasions.
    He graduated 894th out of 899 in his class. He was described as a mediocre pilot on his fit reps. He was almost killed because of a critical error he made while leading a firefighting team during the horrific fire on the USS Forestall. He had only flown a few missions over Hanoi when he was shot down and then badly injured and held under horrific conditions his character emerged. He tolerated the torture, exerted leadership with his fellow POWs. He refused to be released when he was offered release because of his status as an Admirals son during the Christmas holidays.
    He stayed and was released on the same time table as his peers.
    He became involved in politics and whether you like his politics or not (Liberal democrat here) he served the people of Arizona and the US with the courage of his convictions for many years.
    I don't think we can say what John Jr.'s potential really was and what he could have achieved as he matured.
    He might have stayed a dilettante or he might have matured into a professional or political leader and contributor.
    Unfortunately we will never know.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Good homework Mary!
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

    http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,992
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    he also needed more extensive flight training...I can't imagine getting aboard a plane with a pilot who wasn't instrument rated ...maybe a nice guy, but too confident in his abilities

    sounds like Obama

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,456
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Everything you say is true but the character and capabilities of some people emerge later in the crucible of life.
    John McCain was third generation military. Son of an Admiral and grandson of decorated Admiral. That was the only reason he got into Annapolis and his grades stunk and he almost partied himself out the door on several occasions.
    He graduated 894th out of 899 in his class. He was described as a mediocre pilot on his fit reps. He was almost killed because of a critical error he made while leading a firefighting team during the horrific fire on the USS Forestall. He had only flown a few missions over Hanoi when he was shot down and then badly injured and held under horrific conditions his character emerged. He tolerated the torture, exerted leadership with his fellow POWs. He refused to be released when he was offered release because of his status as an Admirals son during the Christmas holidays.
    He stayed and was released on the same time table as his peers.
    He became involved in politics and whether you like his politics or not (Liberal democrat here) he served the people of Arizona and the US with the courage of his convictions for many years.
    I don't think we can say what John Jr.'s potential really was and what he could have achieved as he matured.
    He might have stayed a dilettante or he might have matured into a professional or political leader and contributor.
    Unfortunately we will never know.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I still find a noticable difference Mary between the families. McCain did not have the history of murder, JFK, RK, and the forceful push of Joe Kennedy, Catholic loyalty, alcohol and drug abuse.

    John Jr and Caroline were both influenced by Jackie, and post RK's death, she wanted her children away from the public eye as much as possible.

    Caroline did well supporting the Obama campaign, but once she was thrown into the limelight as a possible senatorial candidate, she declined.

    John Jr's biggest challenge would have been his wife Carolyn. Not only a history of some drug abuse and an affair, but she did not want a public life.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Good homework Mary!
    Sam there is a great book called The Nightingales Song. It centers on the interesting fact that Oliver North, Jim Webb, John Pointdexter, Bud McFarland (Watergate), John McCain and several other history making Americans were at Annapolis at the same time, different graduating classes.
    The book discusses the kind of students and Midshipmen they were, the Navy and Marine Corp officers they went on to be and the post military men they became.
    Each one of those men is fascinating enough to be a book all on their own. I personally know a senior Marine who served with both Webb and North, his opinion of both men tracks with the facts in the book. There are no saints or real villains in the book. Just humans capable of extraordinary courage and service to their country but some of them with deep flaws that just makes them human.
    It is a great read.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nightingales-S.../dp/0684803011
    Regards,
    Mary

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    We will get more JFK, JR dirt as his ex-girlfriend writes a book.

    Narrow escape
    John F. Kennedy Jr.'s one-time girlfriend Christina Haag recalled a harrowing near-death kayak ride with him during a vacation to Jamaica. Actress Haag dated Kennedy for five years in the '80s, and wrote about him in her memoir, "Come to the Edge," excerpted in the April issue of Vanity Fair. She wrote that thrill-seeking Kennedy bought a tantric sex book on the vacation and the two smoked marijuana before he took her through rough waters while she nursed a broken leg. "Just a little farther, Chief. It'll be fun," Kennedy nudged Haag. The kayak almost collided with a boulder and was hit by a wave that plunged them underwater. "This is it. We are going to die together," she thought at the time. They managed to get to safety, but Kennedy's reaction when she said they could have died was, "Yeah, Chief, but what a way to go."

    SO who is this woman?
    Christina Haag



    A former girlfriend of John F. Kennedy Jr. is being paid over $1 million for a memoir detailing her relationship with the late hunk, who reportedly cheated on her with pop star Madonna.
    Actress Christina Haag, a former girlfriend and college housemate of Kennedy's, has secured a $1.2 million advance for her upcoming book.
    A source tells the New York Daily News, "They knew each other from (attending) Brown (University), so the book is going to cover the party years." Last year, another one of Kennedy's close college friends, Billy Noonan, declared that Kennedy had a sexual fling with Madonna while he was dating Haag in his memoir.
    The book will also reportedly include details on Haag's difficult relationship with John's mother, Jacqueline Onassis. A source adds, "Jackie never approved of Christina because she was an actress." The book is being published by Doubleday Imprint Spiegel & Grau, who signed the secret deal with Haag in November. The notoriously-private Onassis worked as an editor for Doubleday in New York City in her final years.


    Kennedy Ex To Reveal Madonna Romance?
    25 January 2007


    Last edited by coconn04; 03-03-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,648
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    sounds like Obama
    McCain reminds me of "Cotton Hill" on "King of the Hill."
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    a harrowing near-death kayak ride
    That just sounds really funny to me for some reason. Kind of like in National Lampoon's Animal House when that girl was killed in a kiln explosion.

    Maybe it's just me.
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

    Second generation Death Hag carrying on a proud family tradition.
    ~~RIP Mom 9/20/68 - 5/2/2014~


  29. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Everything you say is true but the character and capabilities of some people emerge later in the crucible of life.
    John McCain was third generation military. Son of an Admiral and grandson of decorated Admiral. That was the only reason he got into Annapolis and his grades stunk and he almost partied himself out the door on several occasions.
    He graduated 894th out of 899 in his class. He was described as a mediocre pilot on his fit reps. He was almost killed because of a critical error he made while leading a firefighting team during the horrific fire on the USS Forestall. He had only flown a few missions over Hanoi when he was shot down and then badly injured and held under horrific conditions his character emerged. He tolerated the torture, exerted leadership with his fellow POWs. He refused to be released when he was offered release because of his status as an Admirals son during the Christmas holidays.
    He stayed and was released on the same time table as his peers.
    He became involved in politics and whether you like his politics or not (Liberal democrat here) he served the people of Arizona and the US with the courage of his convictions for many years.
    I don't think we can say what John Jr.'s potential really was and what he could have achieved as he matured.
    He might have stayed a dilettante or he might have matured into a professional or political leader and contributor.
    Unfortunately we will never know.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Honestly, I think had he lived he most definitely had the intellect to be President AND he probably would have been a dam good one considering what we have had in the last ten years.
    The New York Bar exam I believe is one of the most difficult Bar exams to pass...plus he was much younger at that time. At least he stuck with it and didn't run off like some rich snottly kid. AND He had a great personality which would have furthered his career. Wasn't bad to look at either!

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Honestly, I think had he lived he most definitely had the intellect to be President AND he probably would have been a dam good one considering what we have had in the last ten years.
    The New York Bar exam I believe is one of the most difficult Bar exams to pass...plus he was much younger at that time. At least he stuck with it and didn't run off like some rich snottly kid. AND He had a great personality which would have furthered his career. Wasn't bad to look at either!
    my theory goes as follows - John Jr would have run for the Senate in 2000 for New York and won easily ( instead of Hilary). That would have set him up for a presidential run in 2008 ( no Obama).

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    That just sounds really funny to me for some reason. Kind of like in National Lampoon's Animal House when that girl was killed in a kiln explosion.

    Maybe it's just me.
    The dearly departed Faith!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,456
    The name of the bio I read on JFK Jr and Carolyn Bessette has slipped my mind ... with other data ...

    The marriage was not a happy one, she had an affair and used cocaine, (infrequently?).

    These two would never have made it through the vetting process needed to run in a national election.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    130
    Did you guys consider the possibility that JFK Jr. was murdered?

    http://surftofind.com/coverup

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    The name of the bio I read on JFK Jr and Carolyn Bessette has slipped my mind ... with other data ...

    The marriage was not a happy one, she had an affair and used cocaine, (infrequently?).
    I don't doubt that their marriage was not a happy one, but as for the rest of it, wasn't that book basically a "tell-all" written by Carolyn's ex-fuck buddy, Michael Bergin or whatever his name was? He wasn't exactly the most credible guy around.

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,200
    I've been to Martha's Vineyard a few times - I saw Carly Simon in a bar there. She was judging a local War of the Bands Contest. My ex-girlfriend's grandfather owns a $6 Million Dollar Mansion there (yeah, it was nice ) I also saw Belushi's grave there. Anyway, something that struck me was how small their airport is. My girlfriend and I were flying in for a wedding and when we landed, she pointed out the window and said "there's my mom and my aunt!" They were waving to us from the other side of a chain link fence, just outside the airport, lol. Just about 20-30 feet away from us in the plane. Tiny li'l airport. Also saw the boat from "Jaws" there. It is just rotting away off the shore on a small island/sand bar.

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,999
    I went to the airport to rent a car and though it was very small.
    Went over to Chappaquiddick and wanted to see the famous bridge but they had a sign up saying it was closed for repairs. I wish we would have drove ahead just to see it.
    The locals I spoke with did not seem to care for the Kennedys at all.
    They spoke highly of Carly Simon.
    Dammit it I did not think of looking for Belushi's grave.

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I don't doubt that their marriage was not a happy one, but as for the rest of it, wasn't that book basically a "tell-all" written by Carolyn's ex-fuck buddy, Michael Bergin or whatever his name was? He wasn't exactly the most credible guy around.

    Yeah, it was called "The Other Man". Actually, Bergin seemed like a really nice but not too bright guy who was in over his head with CBK. Of course, it's his book, so naturally he'd seem like the good guy.

    In the book, he is portrayed as being either married or in a longterm relationship. Don't know about you all, but I'd be pissed off if my husband/babydaddy wrote a book extolling the remarkable beauty, style and bedroom prowess of his ex girlfriend!
    Last edited by Oogie Boogie; 03-14-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

    Second generation Death Hag carrying on a proud family tradition.
    ~~RIP Mom 9/20/68 - 5/2/2014~


  38. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Kennedys bless story

    Another JFK,Jr book. Rose says at the end of the article the book would be more about me. WHO WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT HER

    You won't be hearing a peep from the Kenne dys or their allies over a new book about John F. Kennedy Jr. by his former personal assistant at George magazine, Rose Marie Terenzio.
    We reported the other day that she's inked a deal with Simon & Schuster for a memoir, "Fairytale Interrupted: What JFK Jr. Taught Me About Life, Love and Loss," which will be released in January. A friend of the Kennedy family told us, "Rose is the most loyal person in the world. She's gonna do it with a lot of class and a lot of discretion. I think it's more about her own growth and it's not going to be salacious. She had been offered a lot more money to do a tell-all 10 years ago but didn't do it." Terenzio

    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kennedys_bless_story_w3OgjgdQBUYMPAlOLLh0xN
    #ixzz1GhUe9Lh6
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,639
    I have a feeling if the Kennedy's have "blessed" the project, John John will have a halo and wings by the last page.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  40. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I have a feeling if the Kennedy's have "blessed" the project, John John will have a halo and wings by the last page.

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,067
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    my theory goes as follows - John Jr would have run for the Senate in 2000 for New York and won easily ( instead of Hilary). That would have set him up for a presidential run in 2008 ( no Obama).
    The guy had trouble remembering his own name. He would have been eaten.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  42. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    The guy had trouble remembering his own name. He would have been eaten.
    I remember Caroline talked about a poem that reminded her about Jr..
    It was about lost keys.
    I think without Jackie in the picture to protect him, the guy was a goner.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    That just sounds really funny to me for some reason. Kind of like in National Lampoon's Animal House when that girl was killed in a kiln explosion.

    Maybe it's just me.
    LOL! "She was going to make me a pot". Classic!

    Haag's book just got a write-up in Entertainment Weekly, and there were a few pics of JFK Jr. What a hot, hot, hottie! Wowza! Still can't get over how good looking he was!

    I agree with Mary; he would have made a great president, once he matured a bit. I still don't know how anyone would want that job, though!

  44. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,456
    I read the synopsis of Haag's book in VF. Easy to see why he died young, and took other's with him. Also easy to see why the Bessette family sued for a portion of the estate and won.

    He was foolish, took unnecessary risks with the lives of others, including Haag on a kayak trip without skirts and vests.

    John may have been pushed by politicians to run for office, but much like his sister Caroline, he had an interest at a superficial level. Caroline and John were influenced by Jackie ... who hated politics for good reason, and enjoyed privacy.

    Jackie disliked the Kennedy's, notably Ethel, and sought a life away from their influence.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  45. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,639
    He would have made a great FIGUREHEAD, providing someone was behind him pulling the strings. He was not the brightest boy in the bunch though, nor did he have any drive. A great President? No.

    Everyone comes down so hard on Caroline Schlossberg for being a bitch, but think this through: Her father's brains were sprayed all over her mother's pink dress when she was fairly young. Her uncle was then murdered. Her mother remarried scary Ari, (and Jackie had her own issues up the wazoo as it was), every time she turned around someone in her family was raping someone or drowning someone. Her brother and sister in law died, and two weeks later so did Anthony Radziwell. The press hounds her family and half the world venerates her name, when probably all she wants is to live out her life. I'd be bitchy too.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,611
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    The guy had trouble remembering his own name. He would have been eaten.
    Yep. And let us not forget he had to take the bar four times before he passed.

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Everyone comes down so hard on Caroline Schlossberg for being a bitch, but think this through: Her father's brains were sprayed all over her mother's pink dress when she was fairly young. Her uncle was then murdered. Her mother remarried scary Ari, (and Jackie had her own issues up the wazoo as it was), every time she turned around someone in her family was raping someone or drowning someone. Her brother and sister in law died, and two weeks later so did Anthony Radziwell. The press hounds her family and half the world venerates her name, when probably all she wants is to live out her life. I'd be bitchy too.
    Excellent point, Radiojane! I think I, too, would be a bitch after going through all that. Of course, there are some who say I'm a bitch anyway
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

    Second generation Death Hag carrying on a proud family tradition.
    ~~RIP Mom 9/20/68 - 5/2/2014~


  48. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,800
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    We will get more JFK, JR dirt as his ex-girlfriend writes a book.

    Narrow escape
    John F. Kennedy Jr.'s one-time girlfriend Christina Haag recalled a harrowing near-death kayak ride with him during a vacation to Jamaica. Actress Haag dated Kennedy for five years in the '80s, and wrote about him in her memoir, "Come to the Edge," excerpted in the April issue of Vanity Fair. She wrote that thrill-seeking Kennedy bought a tantric sex book on the vacation and the two smoked marijuana before he took her through rough waters while she nursed a broken leg. "Just a little farther, Chief. It'll be fun," Kennedy nudged Haag. The kayak almost collided with a boulder and was hit by a wave that plunged them underwater. "This is it. We are going to die together," she thought at the time. They managed to get to safety, but Kennedy's reaction when she said they could have died was, "Yeah, Chief, but what a way to go."

    SO who is this woman?

    Christina Haag



    A former girlfriend of John F. Kennedy Jr. is being paid over $1 million for a memoir detailing her relationship with the late hunk, who reportedly cheated on her with pop star Madonna.
    Actress Christina Haag, a former girlfriend and college housemate of Kennedy's, has secured a $1.2 million advance for her upcoming book.
    A source tells the New York Daily News, "They knew each other from (attending) Brown (University), so the book is going to cover the party years." Last year, another one of Kennedy's close college friends, Billy Noonan, declared that Kennedy had a sexual fling with Madonna while he was dating Haag in his memoir.
    The book will also reportedly include details on Haag's difficult relationship with John's mother, Jacqueline Onassis. A source adds, "Jackie never approved of Christina because she was an actress." The book is being published by Doubleday Imprint Spiegel & Grau, who signed the secret deal with Haag in November. The notoriously-private Onassis worked as an editor for Doubleday in New York City in her final years.


    Kennedy Ex To Reveal Madonna Romance?
    25 January 2007


    I read the book. If youre looking for dirt, you wont find it in here. She speaks quite fondly of him. It was actually a real yawner.

    Just picked up the new one by Rose Marie. Just started it, but doesnt look to be much better.

    At least Christina slept with him LOL !
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  49. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,067
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read the book. If youre looking for dirt, you wont find it in here. She speaks quite fondly of him. It was actually a real yawner.

    Just picked up the new one by Rose Marie. Just started it, but doesnt look to be much better.

    At least Christina slept with him LOL !
    Bummer. Even in death he is boring.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 03-06-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  50. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,067
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    We will get more JFK, JR dirt as his ex-girlfriend writes a book.

    Narrow escape
    John F. Kennedy Jr.'s one-time girlfriend Christina Haag recalled a harrowing near-death kayak ride with him during a vacation to Jamaica. Actress Haag dated Kennedy for five years in the '80s, and wrote about him in her memoir, "Come to the Edge," excerpted in the April issue of Vanity Fair. She wrote that thrill-seeking Kennedy bought a tantric sex book on the vacation and the two smoked marijuana before he took her through rough waters while she nursed a broken leg. "Just a little farther, Chief. It'll be fun," Kennedy nudged Haag. The kayak almost collided with a boulder and was hit by a wave that plunged them underwater. "This is it. We are going to die together," she thought at the time. They managed to get to safety, but Kennedy's reaction when she said they could have died was, "Yeah, Chief, but what a way to go."
    This says more about her than him. What idiot goes white water rafting with a broken leg?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •