Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Caylee Anthony

Here is the picture of the Michael Duggan and Caylee and Casey

Attachment 31070 Attachment 31069

You tell me if they are related or not
    Last edited by Nessa; 07-07-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: oversized photo distorting browser

gemini33 Guest
    Yikes, Michael resembled Lee! From those 2 pics, I would say yes, he is the daddy.

If the Duggan's can get a DNA test done to prove that Caylee was their Granddaughter and that more the post trail evidence comes outs that proves Casey is guilty as sin the Duggan's would be smart to get an Civil Lawyer and sue Casey to prevent her from making money off there dead Granddaughter.

newsocks Guest
    i heard a sound clip on news radio tonight of jesse grund saying (im paraphrasing because i dont remember his exact words) but he said something to the effect of "she got what she wanted. people know her, she will get to go out and people will talk to her and try to be apart of her life, etc"

i would imagine that he knows her pretty well being as though they were ex-fiances.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Just watched the Nightline interview with juror Jennifer Ford.. her words "Not guilty doesn't mean innocent." Um, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    This case should be a wake up call for DA's. If you are going for the death penalty , you shouldn't rely on character assassination and speculation to get a conviction.
    The moral is NOT to argue for unrealistic penalties, and not to make a trial a p***ing contest between the two sides. If this had not been argued as a 1st degree DP or even LWOP case, there would not have been as much pressure, nor the media attention and possibility of profit, and there might have been a conviction on a lesser charge that still had a respectable penalty, based on what evidence that existed.

Also, it doesn't help if the defendant is an attractive young white female. Like it or not, too many humans are hardwired to give such a minx the benefit of the doubt. If Casey was a man, of a different ethnicity, or had shown up in court pudgy and pimply like she was the first few months when she enjoyed junk food from the jail snack shop, I'd bet good money her lack of appeal would have been influential.

It seems quite likely the woman did something, even in negligence, to cause that child's death and then chose to dispose of her remains in that wretched manner. If she did something like that once, she's certainly capable of doing so again, and maybe it will happen to someone who is not a family member, one of those strangers you assert have nothing to do with this case.

It's so easy to say that whatever happened to Caylee does not affect the public safety, but Genene Jones, Marybeth Tinning, Belle Gunness, etc., were not born doing what they did, and they had to start somewhere.

Plus this unfortunate child represents the abysmal state of child welfare and redress of wrongs against children in what is supposed to be such a wonderful nation. Look at this--- not a child from some slum or 3rd-rate trailer park, but from a nice middle-class neighborhood, where perhaps her own mother was not working, but the rest of the family did, and supported both of them in comfort and (maybe too much) indulgence.

Yet these things could not save Caylee, or indeed ANY child who becomes the scapegoat of someone in his or her own family with a truckload of resentment and frustration, and who puts his or her own agenda ahead of the good of the offspring.
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-07-2011 at 12:33 AM.

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by microsonic66 View Post
    Oh my, he's dead. He got religion and had this smarmy attitude about him. That's one I never believed was repentant. I was going to ask about this case, now I don't have to.
    Yes, he is dead. I looked him up again after my post & he didn't live TOO long after he was out, about a year & a half. And yes, he did go on that too typical "Jesus forgives me" route. Even becoming a jailhouse preacher, whatever that means.

Another thing is how he killed Brenda Shafer...by his own admission: chloroform!

One more thing about karma...I so beleive in it....he died from blood loss from falling & hitting his head on a glass coffee table. His rape, sodomy & torture of Brenda Shafer was mostly with her tied to...a glass coffee table. Talk about true karma!

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    The moral is NOT to argue for unrealistic penalties, and not to make a trial a p***ing contest between the two sides. If this had not been argued as a 1st degree DP or even LWOP case, there would not have been as much pressure, nor the media attention and possibility of profit, and there might have been a conviction on a lesser charge that still had a respectable penalty, based on what evidence that existed.

Also, it doesn't help if the defendant is an attractive young white female. Like it or not, too many humans are hardwired to give such a minx the benefit of the doubt. If Casey was a man, of a different ethnicity, or had shown up in court pudgy and pimply like she was the first few months when she enjoyed junk food from the jail snack shop, I'd bet good money her lack of appeal would have been influential.

It seems quite likely the woman did something, even in negligence, to cause that child's death and then chose to dispose of her remains in that wretched manner. If she did something like that once, she's certainly capable of doing so again, and maybe it will happen to someone who is not a family member, one of those strangers you assert have nothing to do with this case.

It's so easy to say that whatever happened to Caylee does not affect the public safety, but Genene Jones, Marybeth Tinning, Belle Gunness, etc., were not born doing what they did, and they had to start somewhere.

Plus this unfortunate child represents the abysmal state of child welfare and redress of wrongs against children in what is supposed to be such a wonderful nation. Look at this--- not a child from some slum or 3rd-rate trailer park, but from a nice middle-class neighborhood, where perhaps her own mother was not working, but the rest of the family did, and supported both of them in comfort and (maybe too much) indulgence.

Yet these things could not save Caylee, or indeed ANY child who becomes the scapegoat of someone in his or her own family with a truckload of resentment and frustration, and who puts his or her own agenda ahead of the good of the offspring.

I agree with all of your post, but especially the bolded parts. Great points, Linnie!

Thanks for the update on that miserable Ignatow piece of crap. I saw that on I think Court/TruTv a couple of times, it was so disturbing. He was unrepentant and smarmy as I stated earlier, just chillingly repulsive.

Wow, so TotMom will be getting out today. Why would even Cindy want to inflict her on a relative, unless this person is not the type who will buckle under to Princess Casey and her endless sense of entitlement? After hearing Jessie Grund for a minute last night, I hope he and his family sue the Anthonys. I also hope we'll always know where these people are and what they're up to. I don't even wish them endless hell or discomfort. After what they've inflicted on law enforcement and people who tried to help, I feel like that isn't a lot to ask.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    I agree with you! You would think she, as a mother, would want to find who killed her daughter now since it "apparently" wasn't her. And wow, you seem so brave, I'm glad you were able to escape.

oh sweety it was a nightmare, it still bothers me. When im outside doing my garden or anything, im constantly looking over my shoulder. When my kids are outside playing im right out there with them. I'm always told to loosen up and stop being so over protected but screw them. My mom was in the window watching me play and she turned around and went into the next room and back, wasn't even 1 to 2 mins and back all this shit happen right in the front yard.

whats satisfying though my parents kept the newspaper, but this fucker was a convicted child molester and killer, and he just got released out of prison. He basicly got a slap on the hand type thing, but anyways he did get to molest another child, and the cops was on to him and he killed himself in a grocery store parking lot. So knowing this fucker is out of this world, brings me a little peace. But its shit like this court case that makes me cry and fear for our and others children.

When i think about it, it doesn't scare me anymore but its like that anxiety is still there though. Like i hate to rush to get out the door, im sure him trying to rush me into his car, or follow him had something to do with it.

But thank goodness for willpower, xanax and if you fuck with me or my children attitude. I turned out well
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 07-07-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    With the lawsuits-and now the State of Florida saying they will pursue her as well-a situation is being created where ironically Casey Anthony will be forced to profit through a book deal, licensing fees for footage, etc. With everyone and their mother lined up to sue her, they are literally forcing her into the kind of exploitation of the death of her daughter that people decry merely in order to pay off judgments. There may be some sense of vindication in going after her, but doesn't anyone see exactly where this is going to lead?
    When you put it like that... Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    When you put it like that... Yes.
    This is why I think the best punishment is to let her slink off into obscurity. No lawsuits, no book deals, no audience for her version of events, no need for her to justify a "need" to make money.

Obscurity is exactly what she deserves and probably the thing that she most fears.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

This is why I think the best punishment is to let her slink off into obscurity. No lawsuits, no book deals, no audience for her version of events, no need for her to justify a "need" to make money.

Obscurity is exactly what she deserves and probably the thing that she most fears.
    I wish that would happen but unfortunately suing someone is what Americans do these days to get either a measure of revenge or a sense of closure. Some people wont let this case go.

Just as OJ searched the golf courses for Nicole and Ron's killer, I can only bet Casey will be searching the clubs and bars for Caylee's...
    Last edited by Aries65; 07-07-2011 at 05:31 AM.

DonnaMc Guest
    I am SO disappointed in our Justice System. This girl was clearly guilty. I wonder if the jury was bought somehow?

DonnaMc Guest
    And they need to tie her tubes!!!

Bingo. I doubt it will happen.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

gemini33 Guest

I've been telling anyone that will listen; if you don't like what has happened, don't watch a single thing she's on, don't buy her book, don't watch her movie. If ratings are low when she's on tv, networks will get bored with her. Even though I have the willpower not to do these things, unfortunately, others do not. Those same people that are bitching left and right will be first in line to buy her book, watch her movie or tv interviews.

I guess it's the countdown until she's released here in a few minutes (Florida time)....

Distant cousin Dana, blathering on Houston radio program. A book will be written, a man sat through court taking notes. George Anthony responsible for death of Caylee. The night that went down, our beloved Casey suffered a possibly irreversable breakdown. Oh really..........

It's on this link, you may have to scroll down: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...group_activity

Having read all about this case I was stunned she was found not guilty. When I read it I thought I had misread it at first. This one goes in the 'OJ Simpson' category.

PurrPurr Guest
    Judge just sentenced Casey to four years CONSECUTIVELY in jail and a $1,000 fine for each count of lying to police. They still have to determine time served in order to deduct that part. Jurisdiction will be reserved for 60 days to determine the cost of investigation and prosecution.

EDIT: She won't walk out of jail today. Her release will likely be the end of this month or sometime in August.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 07-07-2011 at 06:44 AM.

How long has she been in jail? 3 and 1/2 years? She won't even serve a year.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hopefully if she has a few months left to serve, she gets thrown into General Population and she gets a bit of "prison-yard justice" by a fellow inmate with nothing left to lose...

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I think it's a little under 1,000 days for those who want to get technical. Judge is now going to work with the attorneys within the next hour to determine exactly how much time she has left to serve, then she still has the probation to serve on the check fraud charges once she's out.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

So far, and last I heard, she may have to stay in until late July or early August. They are considering her time served plus "good time" gained, as per the Florida penal system.

gemini33 Guest
    Her still having to serve time just might have saved her from getting her ass beat or even saved her life. People will still be angry, but not the "do stupid things from running on emotions" angry when she gets out.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Her still having to serve time just might have saved her from getting her ass beat or even saved her life. People will still be angry, but not the "do stupid things from running on emotions" angry when she gets out.
    Good point. Hopefully by the exact release date, most heads would've cooled down and the outrage not as intense.

By the way, the release date will be announced via email, not in open court.

Giada Guest
    When juror #14, alternate was interviewed he stated the jury was following Judge Perry's instructions regarding reasonable doubt.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    http://www.people.com/people/article...10707-20508178

The idea came to Casey Anthony as she slept in jail.

"I had a dream not too long ago that I was pregnant," she wrote to another inmate. "It was like having Cays all over again."

Oh God!! She says she had a dream about being pregnant or maybe she wants to adopt. And of course she's thinking of writing a memoir...

I was just watching HLN and the most intelligent thing I heard said was from the youthful-looking attorney Mark Englairsh (I may have mangled his last name). He was responding to some of the protesters outside the courthouse. He said he was not happy with the verdict but don't disrespect the jury for feeling there was reasonable doubt and that the protesters may want to take the anger they are feeling and employ it for positive use in their own communities like getting involved with helping abused children.

I agree with posters who have said that the best remaining fate for Casey Anthony would be to let her fade into obscurity. She seems like someone who craves attention all the time and being forgotten may be worst result for her.

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    I was just watching HLN and the most intelligent thing I heard said was from the youthful-looking attorney Mark Englairsh (I may have mangled his last name). He was responding to some of the protesters outside the courthouse. He said he was not happy with the verdict but don't disrespect the jury for feeling there was reasonable doubt and that the protesters may want to take the anger they are feeling and employ it for positive use in their own communities like getting involved with helping abused children.

I agree with posters who have said that the best remaining fate for Casey Anthony would be to let her fade into obscurity. She seems like someone who craves attention all the time and being forgotten may be worst result for her.
    ITA with Mr. Eiglarsh...better to use pent up energy on a good cause rather than unproductively wasting it on Casey Anthony.

PurrPurr Guest
    That is perhaps one of the most intelligent statements I've heard in the last couple of days, and I totally agree!

It really should be illegal for the media to even purpose the idea/s of books, movies, etc.. to a criminal. Even though she was found not guilty - that should not matter. It is unlawful & unethical for the media to want to have someone like that write books to make money. Very wrong. Perhaps someone should write to legislation about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Totally agree with SierraRose, et al. It's over. It's done. Nothing is going to change it. The sun actually did come up today and will tomorrow. I'm pretty sure she got away with it, too, but that wasn't the "fault" of the Jury. There was not enough hard evidence for them to come to that decision. That's the bottom line. Nothing's going to change the Constitution; nothing's going to change the trial laws. The Anthonys all have to live in the Hell they made for themselves. Let the Anthonys just fade into the sunset. If the fanatics can't leave it alone....well, they are only wasting their time and pissing off the pig - it ain't gonna sing!

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    It really should be illegal for the media to even purpose the idea/s of books, movies, etc.. to a criminal. Even though she was found not guilty - that should not matter. It is unlawful & unethical for the media to want to have someone like that write books to make money. Very wrong. Perhaps someone should write to legislation about this.

It may be considered unethical, however it is not unlawful...falls under First Amendment free speech, etc.- it will never be made illegal just because it is in bad taste. IIRC, current laws do prohibit a convict from profitting from the story of a murder, however Casey was not convicted of that crime, which is too bad.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    CNN just said that she'll be released on Wednesday. She was sentenced for four years. She's served almost three years and is given time off for good behavior.

This thing gets to walk around free while Caylee is dead and won't ever get to do that, we'll hear about her in a few years maybe married and with a few kids of her own being the little Susie Homemaker, who will do an interview once in awhile and still cry a few crocodile tears about Caylee. She'll mention her book that is out of print , or mention her fifteenth book. I will always believe that she killed Caylee because she didn't really want a child, who was demanding her time when all the thing wanted to do was party and screw around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

grrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Giada Guest

Jeff Ashton made a similar comment, as did Mark Lippman, who asked the stuffed animals etc., being placed on the site where Caylee was found be given to children in need, or taken to hospitals.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Yuck, that's my birthday. Happy Fucking Birthday to me. Ugh. I know what I'm going to be wishing for... hey, people get hit by cars all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Yuck, that's my birthday. Happy Fucking Birthday to me. Ugh. I know what I'm going to be wishing for... hey, people get hit by cars all the time!

*LOL*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did she ever wear her hair down during the trial?

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I'm sure I will always believe Casey killed Caylee. For whatever reason I can't explain, I don't believe Caylee was drowned. I can't see why anyone will ever believe a word she says. Why believe the drowning story when this woman has so many documented lies? Oh well, it is over as for as justice for Caylee. Maybe karma will come quickly and constantly.

tarsier Guest
    I can't be magnanimous I'm waiting for karma to catch up with her.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    I can't be magnanimous I'm waiting for karma to catch up with her.
    I've always believed that when one does good, the good comes back to them, and the same applies to the opposite. I think it will only be a matter of time before Casey gets her due; if not in this lifetime, definitely the next.

Arguments whether she will get slapped with the costs of investigation and prosecution are set for August 25.

Giada Guest
    Always being a woman in action I sent an email to HLN stating the media frenzy in regard to this case is contributing to negative public behavior ...

A few member's of the jury are being harrassed and threatened, as well as, the attorney's and the Anthony's.

HLN's ratings are poor, and I have no doubt they will continue to slide.