Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracy Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Had to Google his name to even know who he is. That's twenty seconds of my life I'll never get back.
    lmao Mammy, you always kill me

Wendy A. Guest
    I'm not a fan of him either.. he's a total douche.

PurrPurr Guest
    Yeah, the guy can be a total D-bag, but I wouldn't wish death on him.

Amity1 Guest
    I don't understand how you guys can wish death upon this man. He may have said or done some questionable things in the past but he is a Father, a son, a brother, a friend. You don't have to care for him but for the people saying "I hope he dies," you should really be ashamed of yourselves.

I hope lots of people die. I've got a pretty clear conscience about it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amity1 Guest
    Good for you.
    Last edited by Amity1; 06-09-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: "Rule 4"

Hey-TMZ.com and Radar Online both reporting that Tracy has suffered a number of broken bones-leg, several ribs. In for a long hospital stay but it could have been a lot worse.

thisotherlondon, please edit the above post into the one above it.

Amity1, I don't understand why you haven't read FAQs, specifically Rule 4: Hostility Towards Another Active Forum Member is against forum rules.

Folks, I guess it's time for this. Again:

Nick
    Administrator

I'm probably going to end up posting a forum-wide announcement about this and incorporating it into the rules, but please listen:

Quoting a comment that you think is totally out of line or offensive only gives legs to that comment. It doesn't matter if you quote it to say, "Shame on you," or whatever. What you are doing is taking the comment and doubling the number of places it is written. Then someone else sees it and quotes it and now you have the offending comment in three times as many places as it was originally. And so on.

And the more something is repeated, the more it sinks in. So if someone writes, "All Greek men are slimy criminals," and you are a Greek man that takes offense, almost all you are accomplishing by quoting the remark is legitimizing it. And the more ridiculous the original comment, the less helpful it is to quote it.

If someone says an individual deserved a disease and you quote him, to me, as an administrator, you are lending some level of support to his view because you are repeating it and reinforcing it in the minds of readers that otherwise would have just skipped past it or who had a hard enough time reading it in the first place and would rather not see it dredged up again.

Do not quote posts that break forum rules.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-09-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

All I remember is him saying he would stab his son with a knife if he was gay and didn't act manly. I've never seen him act, thank god.

What a guy.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

He's a funny guy, despite his personal views.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    He's a funny guy, despite his personal views.
    Yes, this. I did enjoy him on 30 Rock most of the time. I don't support Tracy Morgan but I do support the show 30 Rock.

No great loss.
    "Honestly may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonestly is the second-best policy."
    - George Carlin

I guess TMZ posted a video that pissed off Louis CK and Arty Fuqua's daughter. Something about him being dragged from the wreckage. I haven't found it yet. https://twitter.com/louisck/status/476935440751013889
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 06-11-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: I'm not a derelict, I promise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorasbox View Post
    No great loss.
    He's still alive.

It's amazing to me that this particular thread is completely dead for almost 3 years to the date and then comes back in a fury with Tracy Morgan's accident. Love him or hate him, he has said some questionable things through the years and I can only say that it looks like Karma has struck again.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    It's amazing to me that this particular thread is completely dead for almost 3 years to the date and then comes back in a fury with Tracy Morgan's accident. Love him or hate him, he has said some questionable things through the years and I can only say that it looks like Karma has struck again.
    really? so the things he said in the past made karma cause an accident that killed somebody else and injured a few others but he still gets to live? makes sense.

Just hope he pulls through and becomes really famous.
    (And turns into a nice guy) but I don't think so.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 06-12-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Kevin Smith had a lot of really nice things to say about him. They worked together on Kevin's film "Cop Out". The big problem with Tracy taking so long to recover is because he's a diabetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Kevin Smith had a lot of really nice things to say about him. They worked together on Kevin's film "Cop Out". The big problem with Tracy taking so long to recover is because he's a diabetic.
    Breaking so many bones (including the femur) has a lot to do with it as well.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest

For his family's sake I hope he pulls through. He is a father, and has family. It isn't cool to wish death on someone. He has opinions just like everyone does and has the right to. Yes he may have said things in the past, but that is in the past not pertaining to what is going on now. I pray he makes a speedy recovery.

Tracy Morgan is suing Wal-Mart. Somehow I missed that the truck driver worked for Wak-Mart,

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/12/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1

Good for him. Anything that hurts Wal Mart is good for me. I hate frivolous lawsuits but if Wal Mart had him on the road that long knowing he wasn't sleeping I'd say they definitely have some responsibility. PS Wal Mart is evil.

24. 07-12-2014, 09:46 AM

Since this story broke about Morgan suing Walmart around my neck of the woods apparently there is no shortage of those who feel that ALL employees of Walmart should have to pay for this maybe say having a few bucks taken out of their paychecks and have the funds sent straight to Tracy Morgan. I have mixed feelings on this. The employees should be able to get involved in this someway if they so desire like sending Morgan a get well card but I don't agree with my uncle and many of my co-workers who for example feels that everyone who works for Walmart should have to pay whether they want to or not.

I don't get that. Are people saying individual store employees are somehow responsible for this?? How is this the fault of some guy working in the deli?

Wal Mart runs their truckers hard. I'm sure they have enough coin at corporate to satisfy this lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I don't get that. Are people saying individual store employees are somehow responsible for this?? How is this the fault of some guy working in the deli?
    There are some folks out there who really really REALLY hate Walmart to the point where everything about them is "evil" from the head honchos right down to the cart pushers so in their minds whenever there is an unfortunate incident involving Walmart such as this one with Tracy Morgan or the Walmart employee who was crushed to death during black Friday many years back then all employees who had made the choice to work for such a bad disgusting company should "share the blame". Sounds silly that people would think this way but they are out there. Sounds like the factory in my hometown that made auto parts. They had the reputation of being greedy, mean and anti-union. I actually had family members who had lost good friends over the years only because of their employment at that factory.

I'm not a fan of his comedy but I don't wish death on him. Hope he pulls through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I'm not a fan of him either.. he's a total douche.
    How true he is a big time jerk.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Any updates on his condition? Haven't heard anything for a while.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Slow going...

Attorney Benedict Morelli tells The Star-Ledger newspaper that Morgan appears to be making progress, but it will be a month before he is assessed "cognitively." Morelli also says that Morgan relies on a wheelchair and it may be months before he can fully walk again.
    Morgan broke his nose, leg, and several ribs in the six-car accident involving his limo bus.

The longer he's out of commission the better... I'm going with Wendy A. and theotherlondon , he's a douche and a jerk ,and from me, an asshole !

ajlposh Guest
    Shit. Looks like he may never perform again

http://www.people.com/article/tracy-...h-brain-damage

Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    Shit. Looks like he may never perform again

http://www.people.com/article/tracy-...h-brain-damage
    I can't help but wonder if his attorney is over dramatizing the situation. What makes me suspicious about the attorney is when he peppered his statement with "All of the people in the van I'm representing have brain injuries." Is he representing everyone in the van? The more $$ he gets for all of his clients, in this situation, the more of a pay day for the attorney.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Don't know about performing onstage again, but he is having NO problem performing massive Twitter rants......

Even if you are in a limousine, wear you're fucking seat belt. I don't put my car in gear until everyone is belted up. People who are rich and famous, or think they are, think the law does not apply to them. The law of inertia can't be bought off.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Interesting article on his road to recovery. I had actually tuned out of this story, and didn't know the thing about the brain injury.

http://globalgrind.com/2014/11/19/tr...crash-details/
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I guess he got a nice settlement from Walmart

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/14/tracy-...203.1395969249