Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ad Issues

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It stricks me as odd that those two would allow their before and after in an add, especially an internet add like that.
    I highly doubt it was allowed! LOL
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    I highly doubt it was allowed! LOL
    Yeah.

I'm being offered the opportunity to date Japanese women, stop buying gas & groceries, buy a "genuine" Rolex watch, and get rich using theinternet - all on one banner.
    Fuck Off. We're Full.

Let me have the last one and you can keep the others. I like Japanese women, but I just hooked up with some Sexy Russians, so we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Let me have the last one and you can keep the others. I like Japanese women, but I just hooked up with some Sexy Russians, so we'll see how that goes.
    ((Snort))

Now apparently I am the 1,000,000th visitor and have won a new laptop. LOL
    My opinions & views may defer from yours and probably will.
    Then a demon came to him, you must know I am gonna win

"Not one has shown an iota of fear of death. They want to end this agony." -Dr. Jack Kevorkian

Funny...I mention my DVR a few times & I get ATT-UVerse ads. Whoda thunk it? LOL

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Okay, I just had to take my computer off of mute, to find out what you all are talking about. I need some more excitement to my day!

"So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Shit, it's reading my mind now. I like 4x4 off-roading and sure enough the banner is a some kind of small car (Civic, Metro or ?? - hard to tell tires are SO huge) in some mud and the banner says "Like to fix cars?".

"Not one has shown an iota of fear of death. They want to end this agony." -Dr. Jack Kevorkian

I see sexy Russians too!

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I see sexy Russians too!

Is that the sexy Russian blow-up doll smiley?

Why yes it is!! When I squeeze the doll, her eyes do this:

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

I was just going to comment on the Sexy Russian ad. My boyfriend's very glad to know that studies show they like Western men.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

If we're going to get sexy Russians all the time, I'd like to see some sexy Russian men, too! Here that, banner ad people?! Equal opportunity ogling, and all that.

Here we go with the blinking congratulations again!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

You should all be sooooooooo jealous of me!

Since I am online now, I MAY be the winner of an iPhone or an iPad!

*nyah nyah nyah*

I wish the sexy girl ones would go away. I mean, I love a sexy girl, but I try to sneak peeks at FAD while at work and the colors of the forum are really similar to our database, so I get away with it. But those sexy chicks keep popping up and blowing my cover, so I have been too nervous to indulge in my death haggery at work.
    No on 8

Has anyone else seen the big steroid ridden grotesque man yet? ...*barf*
    Hope I don't see him ever again.

I brought in some other sponsors, but I had to do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) to make their banners show up in my browser. They'll come in for everyone soon.

You guys have Food Lions in California?... I didn't know that, haha. I thought that was just something us southern people had.
    ♥♥♥

Now I'm getting ads for warm sugary treats and how to make them.

Ok just have to say the Crunchy Nut cereal ad scares me. It knows what time it is where I live. *LOL*

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

So, I was visiting the homework help thread and I heard the "You've won!" ad voice, but didn't see the ad... thought that was strange!
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Yep, I just got the "Congratulations, you won!" Grrr.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

I just got it, too. Looking for the flyswatter.

I think I got it, but tell me if it crops up under an alias.

I think I got it, but tell me if it crops up under an alias.
    (((Snort)))

So, I was visiting the homework help thread and I heard the "You've won!" ad voice, but didn't see the ad... thought that was strange!

That happened to me, too. Had the volume way up and it made me jump!
    "The present state of the world and the whole of life is diseased. If I were a doctor and were asked for my advice, I should reply, 'Create silence'."
    -- Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    That happened to me, too. Had the volume way up and it made me jump!
    YES! It was just the sound and I was totally like WTF where did THAT come from?!?! Hasn't happened again thank god!

Now, I'm looking at a Product Testers ad that reads "Dear User, You have been selected from the city region to take part in our state quiz. This will only take 30 seconds of your time and will help us determine how well the US education system is progressing. Upon completetion you will have the opportunity to get a Dell XPS laptop, Apple iPhone4 or a $1000 Superstore Gift Card"

Considering SC ranks something like 46th in America, I don't think my opinion would count for much...
    Last edited by Pryncis; 06-27-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: my SC education didn't include spelling...

Firefox with their AdBlock Plus add-on takes care of ads. For example, when I go into my Yahoo mail account, I see absolutely no ads! Get NoScript add-on and you've a very safe browser!
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

You should consider unblocking ads for at least those sites you trust and use regularly. Ads are not there to annoy you just for the sake of annoyance or to somehow outsmart you and hold you hostage. As I wrote earlier in this thread:

The ads help pay for the hosting and the things in development, like the iPhone app. The forums generate their own content, but they also generate a ton of traffic that necessitates a hosting plan with a fast and reliable server, a system for frequent backups, a large amount of data transfer, and tech people that can troubleshoot and prevent problems.

None of that is free, and a lot of it is even more expensive because of the size and activity level of the forums. Blocking ads is kind of like going to a restaurant, ordering a big meal, and not leaving a tip. It's not the end of the world, but it's not something I would do, personally.

I just won some kind of phone! I am very excited, and I will call each of you once it arrives !!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I just won some kind of phone! I am very excited, and I will call each of you once it arrives !!
    I will answer the phone once I figure out How Many Balls Are Bouncing.

I've been seeing spike heel ads, right. So I just went to check my yahoo mail and the same ads were over there. Gah. Now I want me a new pair of heels. The problem is I can't wear heels anymore.

Bed bugs! I thought it was a bug on my screen and I swatted it. Geez. Lol.

Please....for the love of God....get rid of the Kill Bin Laden banner ad w/the strobe light.

Still occasionally getting the "Congrats, you have won *insert item here*!" flashy/strobe ads, items seems to change (phone, laptop, etc.). Volume is always down, so don't know what it says if anything.
    On the brighter side, the odd ad with a picture asking if you see a "Lady" or a "Lamp" is pretty funny....obviously a Lamp. lol

Here's one taken today....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KyotiKill; 07-06-2011 at 10:41 AM.

I highly endorse the Diet Coke ad! I do my best to support this product, as I drink about 4 to 5 cans of it a day.

"So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I highly endorse the Diet Coke ad! I do my best to support this product, as I drink about 4 to 5 cans of it a day.
    Lol. Me too.

Follow the Maze! I followed it and crashed and burned off the edge of the ad.

You are all invited to see Boys 2 Men perform with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. At least that's what one of my banners say. You're on your own for airfare though!
    Seriously though, last week Sarah McLauchlin performed with the CSO. Absolutely fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky247 View Post
    Please....for the love of God....get rid of the Kill Bin Laden banner ad w/the strobe light.
    I just got this ad too... the one where you can shoot him. I'd say a day late and a dollar short on that one!

I just got this ad too... the one where you can shoot him. I'd say a day late and a dollar short on that one!
    I don't mind shooting his ass again.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I don't mind shooting his ass again.
    Yeah, I bet a whole bunch of people feel that way too!

Okay, just looked again at the Boys 2 Men with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra ad. It is waayyy outdated. It says they are playing on 6/5. Darn! I so had my heart set on seeing them! Sorry to all of you who I told to buy plane tickets, to come out here to see them! I guess we'll just have to take the Coors Brewery tour instead!

Get my smokey on? Uh...I gots a headache.

Can I ask if the banners track your search activity? I ask because I was on a website this morning that I have never ever been on before and it popped up on the banner when I came here. Third time this has happened to me. It doesn't matter, but I Just think it is creepy.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

In a way. Ad companies serve offers based on your recent activity and things you have "liked." Google and Facebook pretty much exist to find out what you like so they can target ads at you.

When I was looking for plane tickets to L.A., I went to Travelocity, Orbitz, and all the other large sites of that type. For a few days, half the ads on every site I went to were for Virgin Airways tickets to Los Angeles and similar offers. It was very specifically targeted advertising.