Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden

Quote Originally Posted by pryncssdeb View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe that the things that happened during 9/11 may have had some inside help. There are too many holes, too many questions left unanswered.

What holes? What unanswered questions?

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    To put it mildly, I don't think America has seen anything like what may be coming in the form of some backlash we may suffer over this.....may God be with our country during this time......
    I understand and agree but I think we need to take a page from the Brits here.
    Several years ago when my Irish brethren were blowing up everything British at every opportunity there was a very credible and intentional threat leaked that the IRA was going to blow up the Epsom Derby. The Queen had not planned on going to the Derby that year but the whole family showed up and sat in their box sans bullet proof glass and the crowd roared.
    Anyone that thinks that appeasement or turning a blind eye will make us safer or reduce the likelihood we will be attacked is naive.
    There are elements in the Muslim world that hate us. They have a few good reasons to hate the west but much of it goes back to Saladin and the Crusades and in recent times colonialism.
    This needed to be done. I am not unbiased because I am a New Yorker. I lost friends on 9/11 and I went to double digit funerals after wards.
    In a touch of synchronisity I drove past ground zero after picking up my wife near Wall Street on the day Osama was killed. We automatically reached out and took each other's hands as we drove by the fence and never said a word.
    I am a peace loving person but in this case we were compelled to live up to one of our countries earliest mottos "Don't tread on me!"
    3,000 dead in NY
    125 dead at the Pentagon
    37 dead Flight 93 in Pa.
    17 dead USS Cole
    241 dead Marines in their Barracks in Beirut
    13 dead Fort Hood
    We will be attacked again but I firmly believe we would have been attacked again any way. Here in NY, although they are very quiet about it they have foiled several credible plots and they will foil more until somewhere one makes it through.
    As John Kennedy said in his inaugural address:
    "[SIZE=2]We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans -- born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage, and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."[/SIZE]
    We are still those people and we must take risks and stand firm for what we believe and as he says later in the speech. "Never to negotiate out of fear but never to fear to negotiate."
    As fully cognizant of the risk as I am my only regret is that I could not have personally gutted him like a fish.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    The New Yorker recently published the most compelling argument I have heard for not releasing the photos: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...he-photos.html

As curious as I am about the damage, I tend to agree with a direct quote from the article: A photograph of the violence you inflict is in large measure a self portrait. While it needed to be done, thus far, the adminstration has handled the situation with tact and class. Publishing the photos would be akin to barbarism and ultimately unfufilling.
    Thank you very much for the article, it makes you think.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

White house saying Bin laden was not armed. The media needs to get their info from official sources and stop relying on confidential sources. Half the time they are wrong. Also, Obama's team needs to get their stories straight. Conflicting accounts from one day to the next will cause suspicions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...rap;cbsContent
    Last edited by JefeStone; 05-03-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Several years ago when my Irish brethren were blowing up everything British at every opportunity there was a very credible and intentional threat leaked that the IRA was going to blow up the Epsom Derby. The Queen had not planned on going to the Derby that year but the whole family showed up and sat in their box sans bullet proof glass and the crowd roared.
    Anyone that thinks that appeasement or turning a blind eye will make us safer or reduce the likelihood we will be attacked is naive.
    There are elements in the Muslim world that hate us. They have a few good reasons to hate the west but much of it goes back to Saladin and the Crusades and in recent times colonialism.
    This needed to be done. I am not unbiased because I am a New Yorker. I lost friends on 9/11 and I went to double digit funerals after wards.
    In a touch of synchronisity I drove past ground zero after picking up my wife near Wall Street on the day Osama was killed. We automatically reached out and took each other's hands as we drove by the fence and never said a word.
    I am a peace loving person but in this case we were compelled to live up to one of our countries earliest mottos "Don't tread on me!"
    3,000 dead in NY
    125 dead at the Pentagon
    37 dead Flight 93 in Pa.
    17 dead USS Cole
    13 dead Fort Hood
    We will be attacked again but I firmly believe we would have been attacked again any way. Here in NY, although they are very quiet about it they have foiled several credible plots and they will foil more until somewhere one makes it through.
    "[SIZE=2]We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans -- born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage, and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."[/SIZE]
    We are still those people and we must take risks and stand firm for what we believe and as he says later in the speech. "Never to negotiate out of fear but never to fear to negotiate."
    As fully cognizant of the risk as I am my only regret is that I could not have personally gutted him like a fish.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Ah, silly me, it is all about the Americans. Luckily the rest of the world got away Scott free. Only the Americans were affected.

I think it is time I left this board for a while. Too much stars and stripes in your face for me.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ah, silly me, it is all about the Americans. Luckily the rest of the world got away Scott free. Only the Americans were affected.

I think it is time I left this board for a while. Too much stars and stripes in your face for me.
    It was the US Navy seal team that killed the guy and the focus of my post and much of the discussion has been focused on the US and how it has made us feel, sad, glad, vindicated etc.
    I make no apologies for that post not being equitable in the inclusion of civilians killed by the US and allies in both wars, the loss of life by allies and other victims of his terror.
    My post was about the cost to my country and my countrymen and my opinion that it needed to be done. I don't have a terribly broad world view around this issue. For better or worse I am parochial in both my hurt and my anger at his acts and my sense of satisfaction that he is dead.
    Today on this subject I am not a citizen of the world but I most certainly and proudly am an American.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    The efforts of both administrations led to the death of Bin Ladin with the nudge on credit going to Obama because it was on his watch. If we all take off our political blinders I think those on the left can acknowledge that pre-Obama interrogation techniques uncovered the crucial link (name of the courier), and those on the right can acknowledge a job well done by the current administration.
    I very much agree. I wish everyone could see that this has been a united effort from day one (9/11). Saying it was ALL Obama or refusing to acknowledge GWB's part in this history is not the stance of "unity" requested.

With that being said BRING ON THE PICS!! We saw Saddam's ass prancing around in his undies and on the slab - we also saw both of his son's on their slabs. The sure way to resolve any questions is to let the video stream and the pictures post!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I agree with the New Yorker article, people just want to see him dead to satisfy their own urges... it's not about believing or not. I believe he is dead, Why? because never in the history of the world has a President came on live TV and said a person was dead and it wasn't true.

also, that fake that is going around should be enough for anybody who just wants to see Osama with a bullet in his head. It's probably not that different from the real thing.

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    To put it mildly, I don't think America has seen anything like what may be coming in the form of some backlash we may suffer over this.....may God be with our country during this time......
    So what, we should have let him be for fear of retribution? I don't understand this thinking at all. That simply is not what Americans are all about. That man had to pay for what he did, in the only way we could make him pay. People wanted to attack us while he was alive, they still want to attack us. Unfortunately, that's the way it is/was. But one more person who committed egregious crimes against the world is GONE. Period. And YAY for that.

Tunes will change if another plane flies into a building....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Tunes will change if another plane flies into a building....
    To what? We'll think, "Oh, if only we had let Osama stay free, they would have left us alone?" Yeah right, not gonna happen no matter what we do.

tunes won't change, we would just want to get the assholes who did THAT attack.

Tony - I'm not going to quote your long post, but I think you are correct. I believe we are in for much more than we bargained for. We have now let the crazies off the chain. As far as we know, they have no "leader", so it's going to be a free-for-all. At least while the leader was in hiding and keeping mum, they stayed fairly quiet. Now, who knows? Again, I believe killing OBL (I post like that because in many of your posts above, I read Osama, but my brain says Obama - it gets me confused) is truly a good thing. I just think it was a catch-22.

I've read what all you guys are saying about the conspiracy theories and such coming from Fox and MSNBC. This is why I don't watch/read all that crap. If I wanted to read someone else's opinion, I'd read a good book. However, I will say that I was catching a bit of the news on CNN Sunday night when they broke the "OBL is dead" story. The first partisian attack was the talking head (I can't remember who) saying that Obama did what W only wished he could do. From that, it looks to me like the Dems through the first shot. I got tired of that rhetoric quickly and turned the channel. It comes from both sides, folks. Both sides...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post
    So what, we should have let him be for fear of retribution? I don't understand this thinking at all. That simply is not what Americans are all about. That man had to pay for what he did, in the only way we could make him pay. People wanted to attack us while he was alive, they still want to attack us. Unfortunately, that's the way it is/was. But one more person who committed egregious crimes against the world is GONE. Period. And YAY for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post
    To what? We'll think, "Oh, if only we had let Osama stay free, they would have left us alone?" Yeah right, not gonna happen no matter what we do.
    I don't think anyone is "fearing" anything. The man is dead. Good. He should be. But we should also ALL be aware that this may not be the end of it just because OBL is gone or the news says so. We must all stay aware and stay vigilent. Even if it's in your neighborhood grocery store. Caution is one thing, fear is something else entirely.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Giada Guest

I'm with you Neil ... I don't consider any country which continues to involve itself in war and whose citizens play the patriot game worthy of a read.

What was the estimate, 120B annually for war, and no way out for 10 years.

Abhorrent ...

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Tony - I'm not going to quote your long post, but I think you are correct. I believe we are in for much more than we bargained for. We have now let the crazies off the chain. As far as we know, they have no "leader", so it's going to be a free-for-all. At least while the leader was in hiding and keeping mum, they stayed fairly quiet. Now, who knows? Again, I believe killing OBL (I post like that because in many of your posts above, I read Osama, but my brain says Obama - it gets me confused) is truly a good thing. I just think it was a catch-22.
    al Qaeda doesn't exist in terms of their original incarnation and hasn't for a while and in recent times Osama was more like their poster child. al Qaeda can't really be classified as one group. Look at them more as different branches of similarly minded people with the same goal.

Militant Islamists seemingly don't need reasons to engage targets. To them it's a way of life, their raison d'etre if you like. If an opportunity is there they'll take it. Sure they'll be pissed off that OBL bought the farm but the people in the most danger from repercussions will be the troops currently on the ground. They must be feeling untold mixed emotions now.

Major unquantifiable kudos to them whichever coalition nation they represent even though there are arguments for and against our involvement. They just crack on and do their jobs unwavered and for that thanks will never be enough.

Sam Guest
    It was the US Navy seal team that killed the guy and the focus of my post and much of the discussion has been focused on the US and how it has made us feel, sad, glad, vindicated etc.
    I make no apologies for that post not being equitable in the inclusion of civilians killed by the US and allies in both wars, the loss of life by allies and other victims of his terror.
    My post was about the cost to my country and my countrymen and my opinion that it needed to be done. I don't have a terribly broad world view around this issue. For better or worse I am parochial in both my hurt and my anger at his acts and my sense of satisfaction that he is dead.
    Today on this subject I am not a citizen of the world but I most certainly and proudly am an American.
    Regards,
    Mary

You go girl!

Needless to say, we sent the Best of the Best.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/03/bin...ex.html?hpt=T1

King Cryo-le Guest
    --
    Last edited by King Cryo-le; 07-31-2011 at 06:27 AM.

King Cryo-le Guest
    --
    Last edited by King Cryo-le; 07-31-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Bayou Queen Guest
    3,000 dead in NY
    125 dead at the Pentagon
    37 dead Flight 93 in Pa.
    17 dead USS Cole
    13 dead Fort Hood
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Regards,
    Mary

Bayou Queen Guest
    Bravo Mary!

To countries other than the U.S.A., you are not safe either. These people will kill anyone who does not think the way they think.

I think those cheering in the streets did so for many reasons, one was justice, but I also think because of all that has happened since 9/11, we has a strong desire to feel safe, if even for just a brief moment before we get back to the reality, that
    even though this monster will never have the chance to harm anyone else, there are many who still walk the face of this earth that believe as he did and we cannot let our guard down.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Once again obamas lack of experance shines through.
    Um......ok?

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Bravo Mary!

To countries other than the U.S.A., you are not safe either. These people will kill anyone who does not think the way they think.

I think those cheering in the streets did so for many reasons, one was justice, but I also think because of all that has happened since 9/11, we has a strong desire to feel safe, if even for just a brief moment before we get back to the reality, that
    even though this monster will never have the chance to harm anyone else, there are many who still walk the face of this earth that believe as he did and we cannot let our guard down.
    Its not that other countries disagree...we already know. Whether it was done under Osamas name or his insistance, MANY of us have felt the pain of the message that his comrades and his sympathisers have delt. I live in Scotland (I dont know how to add my location to the ^^^^ up there thing so I just keep adding it to posts ) and everyone in the entire of Britain and Ireland were shocked at the tube and bus strikes that happened in London.

In Scotland we had (our second in my lifetime (I'm 31) but correct me if I'm wrong fellow scots) a taste of terror at Glasgow Airport where sympathisers attacked the airport. I'm not saying that either of these compare in magnatude (relative numbers) but please dont patronise other countries by saying we arent aware of the danger. We are. We are aware of terrorism and not just by al qaeda at that. To lose even 1 life to terrorism is far too much.

Putting away my ramble chair now *ramble ramble ramble*
    Last edited by Cat_AmmaKittehKat; 05-03-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: magnature is not a word!

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blykins View Post
    I didn't say anything about torture. Obama wanted Gitmo shut down all together.....period.

It's funny how the liberal presidential candidates get up and spit out all their junk when election time comes around. Then as they are elected and they see how the world actually works, their motives/actions turn around.

WORD

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpdpKjriFk

It's probably fake too.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

radiojane Guest
    We looked in horror and disgust at the Arabs celebrating at 9/11 time.

Have we sunk to that level?

That's a pretty apt (and not so flattering) observation.

That's war I suppose....

endsleigh03 Guest
    ABC news just reported that the hard drives and other things they got ahold of in the compound are a "Motherlode of information" altho it will take time to translate all of it since it isn't in english.

It may lead to sources of funding for Al Queida, among other things.

It was announced they will release the photos...just wanna know when. So it may be..but that pic doesnt seem real graphic. They say the photo is pretty graphic.

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    So isnt it reasonable to say that if someone thinks Obama is lying about this, then they think Seal team six and the crew of the USS Carl Vinson are lying as well? I dont get the reasoning behind this conspiracy theory.

Jefe...I don't want to get this thread off topic at all, so let's not get into a big debate on specifics, but do you think 9-11 was "an inside job"? I know from your other postings that you dislike Pres. Bush, but I never read the 9-11 thread, so don't know you're feelings on that. The reason I ask is from your comment above. That is the same question I ask the 9-11 conspirisy theorists. If Bush is lying, then all the governments officials then and up to now have been lying. Plus all the survivor's families, all the news people that filmed it live and all the witnesses that have been interviewed over the years.

Anyway, no biggie either way, just if you do question the official story, maybe think of it in the context of your post. I truly believe everyone has a right to their opinions on everything. I, for one, give BOTH Presidents credit. Although I am much more a Bush fan than an an Obama fan, I certainly think he made a brave, smart and WONDERFUL decision and I thank him for it! So glad Bin Laden is out of here!!

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    That was funny

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    It was announced they will release the photos...just wanna know when. So it may be..but that pic doesnt seem real graphic. They say the photo is pretty graphic.
    More graphic than watching JFK's head explode? Riiight.

majcm Guest
    3,000 dead in NY
    125 dead at the Pentagon
    37 dead Flight 93 in Pa.
    17 dead USS Cole
    13 dead Fort Hood
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Regards,
    Mary
    Mary...LOVE that Kennedy quote! And I love your last line too, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    Pretty graphic in normal people terms or Death Hag terms? I would tend to think normal people... . Most just can't hang with us!

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    White house saying Bin laden was not armed. The media needs to get their info from official sources and stop relying on confidential sources. Half the time they are wrong. Also, Obama's team needs to get their stories straight. Conflicting accounts from one day to the next will cause suspicions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...rap;cbsContent

I know, Jefe! I was so sure it was true about Osama holding the woman in front of him for the human shield. Fit my idea of what he was really like to a tee! I think news channels are so het up to out scoop each other, they don't use good enough sources. It should be more embarrassing for them to have to RETRACT than be a little later w/their story.

So how was there a firefight when only one side had guns?

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Apparently we captured a few computers and hard drives from Bin Laden's "mansion". It would be real interesting to find out what's on those drives i.e. what kind of porn Osama likes, and whether or not he's got a Facebook page. Maybe he's a member of FAD.
    Probably a bunch of goat porn.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    Probably a bunch of goat porn.
    All I can think of is the goat obessed Arab guy in You Don't Mess with the Zohan! LOL!
    Regards,
    Mary

If they think we can't handle the pics of him dead all they have to do is exactly what they did to the Nicole Brown Simson autopsy photo's or a pair of boobs and just put a black bar across it.
    This way if they're that graphic no one will get ill and pictures of him will be found on line anyway with his graymateer exposed.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    They are debating whether or not to release the death photo. According to them, the bullet entered just above the left eye, and shows brains and blood.

Now I know I want to see it.
    Me, too. Damn, he actually had brains?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Please don't go--I for one enjoy reading your posts.

The focus here is on America & Americans because, well, that's what the majority of posters here are, and it's human nature to tend to view things through one's own particular perspective, but I don't think it's intended to minimize the suffering of other people elsewhere. England, Spain, Africa...and let's not forget the thousands and thousands of his fellow Muslims who died because they weren't his idea of the "right" kind of Muslims, or who have been unfortunate enough to live in war-torn areas. The man has the blood of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people from around the world on his hands, and while I personally tend to feel that dancing in the streets because of someone's death is in rather poor taste (being an uptight Yankee & all that, although I can't blame the survivors of OBL's victims if they do; everyone finds their own way to handle grief and rage), I'm not particularly sorry that he's dead. He lived by the sword, and he died by it as well...karma's a bitch, baby.

(It's not just Americans who go crazy when someone who's the focus of so much hatred dies--the first thing that popped into my mind was what the Italians did to Mussolini's body. Like it or not, there is that element in human nature, and it's not limited to any particular group; we can all be angels, devils, or something in between. Aren't humans fascinating?...)

GravesEnd Guest
    Apparently we aren't the only ones who are death hags

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BinLadenBody.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	30546

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Pretty graphic in normal people terms or Death Hag terms? I would tend to think normal people... . Most just can't hang with us!
    And I always forget that LOL I figure if it isnt graphic to us, then it isnt graphic..I mean we are the professionals on that I think! But I dont think it was even graphic for normal people..no blood, all black and white, no brains that I could see. LOL I want the brains!

3,000 dead in NY
    125 dead at the Pentagon
    37 dead Flight 93 in Pa.
    17 dead USS Cole
    13 dead Fort Hood
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Regards,
    Mary
    Hell to the muthaf%$#&* yeah! You said it. If we are going to be attacked, we're going to be attacked. All we can do is say a prayer and be prepared. I don't think the threat of attack should prevent us from taking corrective action against those who wish to do us harm.

When a child clearly acts out, how many parents forgo punishment for fear that their child will throw an even bigger temper tantrum? By the way, this is meant as a rhetorical question.

Seagorath Guest
    From CNNâ??s National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin

A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hangar after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. Itâ??s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face â?? from the hangar in Afghanistan â?? is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him.

I have an idea! Maybe the US should place the pictures up for auction. I am sure exclusive rights to the pictures would pull a pretty penny and go a long way to helping up reduce the debt. Osama should have a hand in helping us pay off some of this useless debt we created on his behalf.