Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you watching the wedding?

Giada Guest
    Looked at the photos ... I do love weddings, not attached to royals.

Of all the delicious irony's ....

The commoner's look elegant, tasteful, and regal, (Kate, Pippa, Carol). The royals, (with the exception of the Queen and Zara Phillips), look like trash ...

When I was in college a friend and I backpacked/stayed in hostels the summer of Charles and Diana's wedding. We planned our trip well before the wedding date was set and we were SO-O-O mad to realize we would be in London the very week of "the wedding circus!"

To our surprise, we had a wonderful time getting caught up in the joy and excitment of the wedding. So great to be surrounded by that positive energy. I sensed that same feeling today while watching - I hope all those in Britain and others who care enjoy the day and celebrate!

I thought the wedding was beautiful.
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

PurrPurr Guest
    I was only interested in THE dress, and seeing the news highlights, I absolutely loved it. Simple, yet very tasteful and elegant.

I watched it and cried. The part when William said You look beautiful, it was amazing. If Harry is looking for a wife, I am 30 now and want to settle down! Pick me lol. What a magical day for William and Catherine. I hope they have a great life together and kids too !

jeca Guest
    I really hadn't planned to watch it, but being so sick, I've got a nasty case of insomnia, so I've watched bits and pieces. I didn't watch the entire ceremony, but I did watch up until she met him at the front of the church, then I tuned back in for the kisses on the balcony. I'm a sucker for a wedding. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    i'm an old bat and i remember charles/di wedding. now that was a bride. she looked stunning, innocent, glorious, and like pure fantasy.
    I'm an old codger too and remember the Charles/Diana wedding well. IMO, Kate looked good, but Diana looked stunning on an epic scale.

Salad Fingers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I watched the football.
    I didnt even bother turning the telly on yesterday and will probably give it a miss today as well..maybe by sunday the hype will be over.

Why on earth did Kate knock the horse driven carriage for that dang car?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

i'm an old bat and i remember charles/di wedding. now that was a bride. she looked stunning, innocent, glorious, and like pure fantasy. old kate looked like she wanted it so 'understated' she looked just PLAIN JANE. that veil omg looked like a dishrag landed on her head. by the end of the day it just hung there flat on her head. she looks like she will wrinkle very young. the dress big deal NOT. omg that bouquet!!!!!!!!it was a piece of shit little bunch of flowers she picked up at the last minute. couldn't she have gotten a cathedral style bouquet? again, trying to be elegant and understated it looked undercooked. she's a little mouse thats just played her hand, rolled out the bait caught the fish brought him in, then back and forth til he cried uncle. he looks like diana in drag. not impressed with any of it. lots of media hype, fever pitch, and it came to a dull conclusion. last wedding i ever 'attend'. what was with that 'coat of arms' hat on andrews kid? god some of those styles looked so cheap and hookerish. that pippa middleton dress was too 'slinky' for a wedding. is she stupid or what? lmao IMHO! been to UK many times, my husband is english and he tells it like it is. by the way, diana was the first to cheat in the marriage folks, get over it. the usa doesn't get the news, but the uk gets it from the sources.
    Come on, Kitty! You know that veil didn't look like a dish rag. Duh. It looked like a curtain blew off somebody's window and landed on her head.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

DonnaMc Guest
    Thank God it's finally over!!!

Salad Fingers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Thank God it's finally over!!!
    Does that mean its safe to turn the telly back on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Watched the nuptuals from home then watched the rest online at work. I'm not sure what Princess Beatrice was thinking though
    Whoa! Nothing screams "look at me" like that hat does.

Wonder how that Posh gal kept her hat on? It looks like is it stitting on her forehead.

My son is a week older than Prince William so I was always kind of interested in updates on his life. (Son is better-looking and has more hair on his head though, heh.)
    I liked Kate's wedding dress. To me, this is what a grown woman wears, especially if marrying in a church. I am so tired of looking at bare chicken or sausage shoulders, and low-cut corsetry that looks like a wardrobe malfunction is imminent. The dress hit the delicate balance of being pretty modest yet gently sexy. The lack of an excessive train was a plus.
    (I felt a little sorry for Diana back in 1981when she was stuffed into a hot coach with miles of suffocating fabric, and the sloppy relaxed fit of her doll dress. Fergie's was much better.)
    As for the veil, they're all scraps of overpriced gauze these days anyway. The tiara was pretty and the earrings appeared to match.
    Pippa's dress could have stood to have been a more specific brighter color, but again, it was a refined look, which I wish would rub off on American bridal parties. At least if an ordinary person had a bridesmaid dress like that, she could wear it again sometime.

And then there's Queen Elizabeth. I like her. I like her a lot. But couldn't she dress up a little fancier than this? She owns the most opulent baubles in the world, she should wear some of them!

Giada Guest
    And once again looking at Royal Trash, Earl Spenser's daughter's look like Hugh Hefner playmates.

Bleached hair, unkempt, tight dresses cut low, (hey this was a wedding not a club party for commoner's)

And Princess Anne, with a floral print dress that looked as if it was purchased at a thrift store, no make-up, hair wrapped into a bun in the back.

(Cost of the wedding 100M, cost to the UK 5B ... Royal Holiday my ass)

Last edited by Giada; 04-29-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I thought it was a beautiful wedding. I've always adored Prince William. Kate looked beautiful.

King Cryo-le Guest
    hilarious flower girl :

rucyco2 Guest
    Did not watch it but did listen to Sex Pistols / God Save the Queen a few times for grandma

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Being a guy I noticed that, as she entered the church, Kate looked at bit excited (and/or cold).

Lmao!

I was a little surprised by that.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Several times when William and Kate were looking at each other during the ceremony I thought they looked like they trying not to laugh. It was probably nerves.

Also, I loved Kate's dress, very feminine, perfect. A tad sexy.

Her sisters dress was gorgeous as well.

Fergies daughter, I don't know which one it was...

WTH?

From the back it looked like she had antlers on.

Fun sets of wedding pix, opening with Princess Beatrice's greatest hat hits... Including this morning's edition that looks like it fell off a gate or something. (too bad because her beigey-peach dress and shoes actually looked nice on her... Too she had an eye makeup job that makes her slightly bulgy eyes look like a raccoon's--- must have partied hearty the night before!)

http://www.people.com/people/package...tched#20943835

The nicest thing to be said for this style is that the people sitting behind Bea probably didn't have to strain themselves to look around it like some of the monoliths other women were wearing. It had its own little window.
    Last edited by Linnie; 04-29-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Ugh, Bea's hat was terrible!! Looks like a giant flesh colored spider sitting on her head.

Salad Fingers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post
    hilarious flower girl :

Lol...she's over it.

DonnaMc Guest
    What were those people wearing on their heads????

I have another question about the UK here. On the coverage with Anderson Cooper today they said that Prince Harry was going to make bacon buttys for breakfast tomorrow. Piers had to explain to him what a bacon butty was (a bacon sandwich basically) and then someone got one for him to sample. But the thing they brought him was like a piece of ham in a muffin. So I guess my stupid question is this: Is what you call bacon and what we call bacon different? I imagined 3 or 4 shriveled pieces of crispy bacon on some kind of bread, but like I said it looked more like what we would call ham.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    From the back it looked like she had antlers on.
    It looked like antlers from the front too!

Pat Bateman Guest
    One of my older nephews is related to Kate via the other side of the family and scored an invite to the wedding. We keep in touch on Facebook, so I'll pass on any juicy tidbits he mentions.

The Queen has nothing left to prove,although I would try to prove Jug Head was adopted.

Elizabeth looks and dresses wonderful, a model for ladies her age.

Obviously a Ministry of Silly Hats must be in the works,as there is too much work to keep it under the umbrella of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

The Virgin Atlantic ads are wonderful.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    So I guess my stupid question is this: Is what you call bacon and what we call bacon different? I imagined 3 or 4 shriveled pieces of crispy bacon on some kind of bread, but like I said it looked more like what we would call ham.
    It must be like what they call Canadian Bacon in the diners I go to. It's flat round pieces that don't look anything like American style strips. To me they taste like bacon strips, but with the texture of ham of course, and saltier.

Thanks, now I have a craving for bacon. Pardon my Homer Simpson moment, but, Mmmmmmmm, baconnnnn...

I was thinking about Canadian bacon but that has always been very thinly sliced and round. This was thick, and odd shaped, just like a piece of ham. Anderson was not impressed.

Reecy Guest
    I'm an old codger too and remember the Charles/Diana wedding well. IMO, Kate looked good, but Diana looked stunning on an epic scale.
    Yes........... I agree. Diana's wdding was magical.

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Lmao!

I was a little surprised by that.

Finally! Someone agrees with me. All I did was stare at her dibs or is it nibs?

I think that was just where the seams came together in the dress. It looked too sculpted to be thin enough to have nip showing through. And it was like that from certain angles all the time. I have to go with dress on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Watched the nuptuals from home then watched the rest online at work. I'm not sure what Princess Beatrice was thinking though
    Beatrice seems to have a uterus on her head.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

MbalmR Guest
    My favorite part was after everyone left the abbey, and the vicar did a couple of cartwheels down the red carpet, not realizing the camera was still on!!!

crazedfemale Guest
    Beautiful wedding. I fall for this stuff, hook, line and sinker. I was in the UK in the 1981 when Diana and Charles got married.

Hope these two make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I read that she is allergic to horses. That must suck considering the family she married into! (fox hunters)
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Pryncis Guest
    I got off work at 11pm eastern and usually go to bed around 3 or 4 am... well, I hadn't planned to watch, but then I said what the hell... I didn't get to sleep until 7:30am... I cried when her father walked her down the isle because I realized I won't get to share that with my own father... it was all just perfect!

I read that she couldn't ride in a carriage until after the wedding because she was a commoner. Don't know if this is true though.
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"- John Wayne

no one rode in horse drawn vehicles to the abbey,the principals left that way.

little sister is not a royal i guess,she rode in the carriage with the flower girls.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 04-30-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

The biggest challenge for the wedding planners was finding 30 British-made cars that could make it to Westminster without conking out.

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    The biggest challenge for the wedding planners was finding 30 British-made cars that could make it to Westminster without conking out.

that little flower girl looks like she has downs syndrome. did anyone else think so. (the little shit holding her hears on the balcony making a friggin fool of it all)
    pull the string!

that little flower girl looks like she has downs syndrome. did anyone else think so. (the little shit holding her hears on the balcony making a friggin fool of it all)

Her poor ears were probably still hurting from the tornado's flyover
    it was really loud probably more so for her little ears bless her

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I read that she is allergic to horses. That must suck considering the family she married into! (fox hunters)
    Ahhhhhhhhh. And don't forget polo!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    Her poor ears were probably still hurting from the tornado's flyover
    it was really loud probably more so for her little ears bless her
    I agree Mystic. I also believe the day was just overwhelming for a little one.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Ahhhhhhhhh. And don't forget polo!
    Yep you are right. She will be expected to attend the matches I'll bet too.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Beatrice seems to have a uterus on her head.
    I think you mean Princess Eugenie, who was indeed wearing a vagina-shaped hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Given the history of The Royals, horse allergies might be the least of her problems.

Wink

Given the history of The Royals, horse allergies might be the least of her problems.
    We should all place bets on the timeline as to when the Oueen will be pissed off at something Kate has done.

I give it until christmas.
    Wanna see my grandkids?