Thread: Server Problems ?

Server Problems ?

Its 4 05 pm and I have had some problems getting into the forum. I finally got here and its showing 3 members and 15 guests. This is weird. Usually the forum is very busy. Is something happening with the server ? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Forever-27; 04-17-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Lets me on, then it won't.

I am hooked on FAD!

It wouldn't let me on about 15 minutes ago, this time it did. Weird.

It's been acting wierd for me too. And it seems to take a long time to do anything. I thought it was my computer, but maybe not.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Normal stuff. Happens every so often.
    http://findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23532
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

It has been going up and down for a while today...

One of the other sites on the server, not this one and not my site, went down and took half the server with it. Find a Death wasn't itself affected other than the patches of downtime when the whole server or certain services were down.

I had a problem getting on in the wee hours. I have the URL bookmarked and an image link on my website and every time I clicked on either I would get a message saying 'This link doesn't work," or something like that. I googled it, same thing. Went to findadeath.com and clicked on Scott's forum link, same thing. So I gave up. It wasn't my computer either, because I was able to get on all my other bookmarksl.

Cool Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    One of the other sites on the server, not this one and not my site, went down and took half the server with it. Find a Death wasn't itself affected other than the patches of downtime when the whole server or certain services were down.
    It is great of you to inform everyone of that because now there will not be anyone thinking that their very own computer had a virus or anything equally as ghastly.

Nick, I keep getting kicked off FAD, no other websites. I get a message, Internet Explorer a has experienced a problem with this website. It won't let me post, when I try it kicks me totally off the internet.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!! It is letting me post this.

Wow, I have been having the same issues and I just thought it was because my computer is an old piece of crap. I can click on a thread and be scrolling down and the page will kick me all the way off. I can also be reading and the page will blink and then go back to the top of the thread instead of what I was reading. Sometimes the page will blink and nothing will show up except an entire blank screen. I seriously thought it was just me.

I just keep getting pop ups.....
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

<a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

I've been having trouble login in, too. No prob on FireFox because it keeps me logged in. Internet Explorer is a different story.

I don't see anything going wrong that would be causing this. Maybe there was just an unusually high number of people on at once and/or some big maintenance or upgrade script was running.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've been having trouble login in, too. No prob on FireFox because it keeps me logged in. Internet Explorer is a different story.
    FWIW I had this same experience. I am sticking with Firefox

Are all of you using IE when having this problem?

"Men with two wives don't have opinions. They just smile and nod a lot." Abe Vigoda

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Are all of you using IE when having this problem?
    Yes for me anyway - moved to Firefox and it hasn't happened since

No problem early of a.m., just at this time..still kicking me off.

message says problem w/webpage, thanks for help Nick.

no,firefox
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

<a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

It's letting me post! I think it is IE problem. How to switch to firefox? I am a computer dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    It's letting me post! I think it is IE problem. How to switch to firefox? I am a computer dumbass.
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/features/

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    no,firefox
    Ok, yours is a different problem than others are having as well.

The thing with the pop-ups: Are you logged in when this happens? If not, hit the Remember Me box when signing in. If you're already logged in and getting pop-ups, let us know that too.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 02-15-2013 at 03:23 PM.

"Men with two wives don't have opinions. They just smile and nod a lot." Abe Vigoda

one other thing...maybe the 'remember me" thing will solve it. if I reading a thread...it kicks me off

Yeah, not checking that box will log you off at times. Even in the middle of posting. Not knowing that has driven it's share of people nuts here over the years, lol.

Switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox eliminated my problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

it's fixed! thanks~

Yeah, I'm sticking to FireFox. I hate the ads on everything (not here), but them's the breaks. At least I don't have to sign in after I reboot. Having to sign in like that is not being lazy when you have yay sites you own or visit.

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    it's fixed! thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox eliminated my problem. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Mammy, does it save your favorites and all passwords, etc.? Still having problems I'm a chicken shit when it comes to change.

I was the very same, leasie. but firefox is much much better. I have had no problems with passwords and such.

Did the firefox thing, still kicks me off. Must be my computer.

Mammy, does it save your favorites and all passwords, etc.? Still having problems I'm a chicken shit when it comes to change.
    FF saves everything. Even when you deboot or restart your computer you are still signed in. It used bookmarks, too. And I use a yahoo tool bar which allows me to create icon or text links for my most visited sites right there on the bar.

Did the firefox thing, still kicks me off. Must be my computer.
    Did you check the Remember Me box when logging in?

Yes.

If you go into Firefox's options, is the box checked next to the option to accept all cookies?

Yes, It is working now Somechick!

Yes, It is working now Somechick!

Iíve been having problems too. It keeps kicking me off as well. IE says it has to recover the tab then does it so many times that it stops trying to open FAD forum. Itís been going on for a week now. But last night I had no problems but when Iíve tried posting today I get the same old problems.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Jave you already tried the above solutions?

I wonder if the issues are due to some of the advertising on here. I have no problem with advertising on the forum-just sometimes the ads can cause issues. [/SIZE]
    A few months ago whenever there was a CVS ad on my yahoo email account it would freeze the account, I couldn’t open emails, reply to them or even delete them. What I would have to do was refresh the page and when a different advertisement from another advertiser appeared on the top of the page, the email account worked fine, it was just the CVS ad that caused issues. [/SIZE]
    So, based on that experience, I wonder if some of the video ads that appear on some of the thread comments could be causing these issues?[/SIZE]

Ads were not the issue for the people above but have you seen this?:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...Problem-Solved

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Ads were not the issue for the people above but have you seen this?:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...Problem-Solved
    Thanks for the link.

I'm not very computer savvy. But I can sometimes figure things out (when they're easy). I just wondered about the ads. They don't bother me (I ignore them) but I just wasn't sure if there was some incompatibility issue with the ads and some pcs or IE or something.

NewEnglander, I was having the same issue with Internet Explorer and I took the suggestion here about switching to Firefox. I am so glad I did. I haven't had any more problems on FAD and I also was able to watch an entire episode of American Justice on YouTube without it stopping to buffer even one time. I usually scream every foul word imaginable from all of the buffering on the things I want to watch on YouTube. I think you will like Firefox.

Thanks again for the suggestion, ladies!

You're welcome, Mammy