Thread: Mary-Ellen Bunim

RigorMortis Guest

Mary-Ellen Bunim

She was "blamed" for being one of the Bunim/Murray partnership that got the whole reality t.v. craze moving with her hit Real World.

Died after a long battle with cancer in Burbank, California in 04 I believe. Early 04.

Not an icon but still worth the mention.

Kathyf Guest
    I never heard of her. I will have to research more.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I'm kinda a reality show addict, with the full awareness that they are largely set up and partially scripted. At any rate, I really felt like her husband moved on very quickly. He was on TV with an announcement almost cheerfully that day. Who's to say what goes on between two people. Maybe he was glad her suffering was over. I don't know. He's since remarried (I believe). It just seemed like he snatched her name off of everything he could (there are things her name is still on) and moved forward without a blink. It just kinda grossed me out.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Just FYI- It's Mary-Ellis Bunim

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120455/

Jazbabee Guest
    Never heard of her

More Cheese Please Guest
    Good night John Boy- Good night Mary Ellen (Just a feeble attempt at humor )

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Good night John Boy- Good night Mary Ellen (Just a feeble attempt at humor )
    ba-dunk-dunk

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    She was "blamed" for being one of the Bunim/Murray partnership that got the whole reality t.v. craze moving with her hit Real World.

Died after a long battle with cancer in Burbank, California in 04 I believe. Early 04.

Not an icon but still worth the mention.
    That's too bad she died,I liked the first Real World.

Chevyheaven Guest
    You know I saw that last name and knew I knew it. I didnt know she was a she. I just remember seeing the name after COPS I think. RIP Dudette!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I just remember seeing the name after COPS I think. RIP Dudette!!
    I think you're thinking of Barbour/Langley after COPS. I watch the reruns religiously.

I remember the Mary-Ellis Bunim name after the Real World. I only watched the first two seasons and stopped after that. Damn, that was a long time ago. Eric Nies was the hot model-type on season 1. I saw a picture of him a couple of weeks ago on TMZ.com or x17 or some other celebrity website.

Anyway, RIP Mary-Ellis. She did leave quite a trail of reality behind her, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Were she and Jonthan Murray married? Or were they just producer partners?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    I'm kinda a reality show addict, with the full awareness that they are largely set up and partially scripted. At any rate, I really felt like her husband moved on very quickly. He was on TV with an announcement almost cheerfully that day. Who's to say what goes on between two people. Maybe he was glad her suffering was over. I don't know. He's since remarried (I believe). It just seemed like he snatched her name off of everything he could (there are things her name is still on) and moved forward without a blink. It just kinda grossed me out.
    I worked in a town I thought was a cancer cluster and heard all sorts of stories a long battle with cancer makes me think of a friend there who lost her husband to stomach cancer. She was/is a very nice person but at the worst of it she admitted there were times when she "prayed he would die". It seems horrible to say but unless a person has been there...
    My former boss' husband was engaged within six months of her passing. He was simply not the sort who coulld or should live alone.