View Poll Results: My New years resolution will last...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • One day

9 20.00%
  • One week

4 8.89%
  • One Month

3 6.67%
  • Six months

1 2.22%
  • One Year

4 8.89%
  • Ends when I wake up with a hangover on New years day

11 24.44%
  • I don't make New Year's resolutions.

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 12 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year! (Parties, Resolutions, and More!)

Danny62 Guest

Happy New Year! (Parties, Resolutions, and More!)

How long will your New years resolutions last? I know alot of people including me already have these great plans for the new year...but will they last??

djdeath-hag Guest
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but I resolved to never make resolutions back in 1985 and that is the ONLY resolution I've ever stuck with.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but I resolved to never make resolutions back in 1985 and that is the ONLY resolution I've ever stuck with.
    Well at least you stuck to one!! And going on 23 years to!!

PvN73 Guest
    I am with DJD-H, I dont do them either. If you are going to do something do it NOW, dont wait and then lose motivation...

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I once resolved not to call in sick, unless I really had to. I took Jan 7th off that year.

Don't make them.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Jaxxx Guest
    One day, that's just the kind of girl I am.

RoRo Guest
    I don't make them...

MbalmR Guest
    January 1st of this year I resolved to stop fuckin' swearing so goddamned much. How'm I doing?

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    January 1st of this year I resolved to stop fuckin' swearing so goddamned much. How'm I doing?
    Well...um...you have until January 1st, so get it out of you now!!

attackatdawn Guest
    LOL! If I do make a resolution I never can keep it so whats the point of making one anyway?

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I never make them. Why set yourself up for a failure?

Plentiful Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Why set yourself up for a failure?
    Not everyone fails at them. I quit smoking 5 years ago and lost 45 pounds 3 years ago and still stick with both resolutions. I set one every year, even if small, I stick to it.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Plentiful View Post
    Not everyone fails at them. I quit smoking 5 years ago and lost 45 pounds 3 years ago and still stick with both resolutions. I set one every year, even if small, I stick to it.

I was talking bout' myself. I, of course, have ZERO flaws, so if I made a NY resolutions to better myself, it would be impossible for me to succeed, and the failure would ruin my flawless life.

Plentiful Guest

I was talking bout' myself. I, of course, have ZERO flaws, so if I made a NY resolutions to better myself, it would be impossible for me to succeed, and the failure would ruin my flawless life.
    No surprise there.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Mine is not to smoke. Even though I am on day 260 or something like that

poppie Guest
    I never make them.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Plentiful View Post
    No surprise there.
    Your smiley of the sarcastic-rolly eyes-variety indicates to me, you did not smell the faecetious-ness wafting from my post.

No resolutions as I never keep them.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

WendyK Guest
    I never make resolutions so if I don't stick to them I don't feel like a failure.I just hope the new year will be better then the last and it never works out that way.They are usually the same every year.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I never make resolutions so if I don't stick to them I don't feel like a failure.I just hope the new year will be better then the last and it never works out that way.They are usually the same every year.
    Your year already got 100% better the minute I signed upto this forum.

WendyK Guest
    Your year already got 100% better the minute I signed upto this forum.
    You light up my life! LOL

onehunglow Guest
    I make one that is within reason. Last year it was to quit talk radio. I'm still watching soaps. This year will to be to paint my machine shed.

Cataroo Guest
    My resolution usually lasts as long as it takes me to get it out of my mouth. I then promptly break it ...

magblax Guest
    I quit making them...until I decided to resolve to do something that could be accomplished. Like the year before last ~ drink 50 Whiskey Sours (Makers Mark). I had to drink them at a nice bar or restaurant...and I did it! Still deciding what to do for 2008.

Gardner32 Guest

Same here, why make em, if you don't keep em!

Danny62 Guest

New Years Eve Plans for Death Hags?

So what are the plans for New years for us Death Hags?

I usually stay home, well to be Honest I do stay home! To many drunk drivers on the road! Hell I am usually asleep before midnight! LOL

Yep I am a party animal!!

So if you plan on alot of "Wine, Women and Song" be careful! Okay Dennis "Wine, Men and Song" for some of us!

But whatever you do please be safe and if you are going to party all night and drink please make plans and don't drink and drive!

We don't need any real Death Hag deaths!!

Hag Hugs for a safe New Year!!

Dan

I'll be home with my Newkie-brown Ale. I got a couple big bottles of it to down...

And then it'll be Bloody Marys and Black-Eyed peas for breakfast on the 1st - my own tradition!

Cettie Guest
    My husband and I stay home on New Year's Eve, here we usually get a nasty snow storm around then and it doesn't make sense to end up in a ditch at 4 a.m. I plan to make us a nice dinner and have some plum wine from my friend's winery. We watch the festivities on tv and then go to bed.

PvN73 Guest
    This year i am going to a NYE party down at Docklands and be able to watch the fireworks over the river from the 25th floor. woo hoo! HOWEVER I am really not impressed with the weather as it will be HOT! HOT! HOT! - over 38C/100F that day with no cool change.... Waaaa

Nothing can top last year going to see CUT COPY though... cut copy ROCK the dancefloor!

hoxharding Guest
    I plan on cleaning my apartment and being in a virtual audience for a tv show.

MorbidMolly Guest
    We`ll be at home with a hoarde of family.....safest way to party here....and the best....

GhostWorld Guest
    I think we (me and husband) may go out on amature night - there's this concert/party/orange drop function happening about 10 miles away which isn't that far.

Bake Guest
    I stay home, watch the ball drop in times square and go to bed...

Kathyf Guest
    Staying home as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    So what are the plans for New years for us Death Hags?

I usually stay home, well to be Honest I do stay home! To many drunk drivers on the road! Hell I am usually asleep before midnight! LOL

Yep I am a party animal!!

So if you plan on alot of "Wine, Women and Song" be careful! Okay Dennis "Wine, Men and Song" for some of us!

But whatever you do please be safe and if you are going to party all night and drink please make plans and don't drink and drive!

We don't need any real Death Hag deaths!!

Hag Hugs for a safe New Year!!

Dan
    I'm with you. I stay home and stay off the roads. I'm usually in bed before midnight. I did all my New Years Eve partying years ago. I'd rather wake up feeling good New Years Day.

sweetpea77 Guest
    I have to work till 11 so I will probably just go home and watch the ball drop on TV.

Blue32 Guest
    I'll be working as usual on NYE. We host a party for approximately 1500 people, and its usually my job to ensure the drunks get back to their rooms in one piece and no fist fights break out in the lobby. My night usually ends around 4am...just one year I'd like to take the night off and watch the ball drop from my couch.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue32 View Post
    I'll be working as usual on NYE. We host a party for approximately 1500 people, and its usually my job to ensure the drunks get back to their rooms in one piece and no fist fights break out in the lobby. My night usually ends around 4am...just one year I'd like to take the night off and watch the ball drop from my couch.
    Sounds like you will have your hands full...are you in NYC??

Armcast Guest
    I'll be staying home with the boys...Jack (Daniels), Jim (Beam), and Johnnie (Walker).

Blue32 Guest
    I'm about 3 1/2 hours north of NYC, but we are a prime destination for all the city folk who want to get away from the madness. I'll definately have my hands full, but thank God I have a great Security Staff!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Somewhere getting wasted. I usually spend this day with friends just hanging out and drinking. We don't plan things until the last minute though!

Quiet night in I think. Check FAD and work on my hobby.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Kugmu Guest
    Strip Club, Baby!

marimbagirl Guest
    I'm attending a ball at the Oklahoma History Center. Everyone is dressing in costume from about 1800 to 1907.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Somewhere getting wasted. I usually spend this day with friends just hanging out and drinking. We don't plan things until the last minute though!
    You are SO right...New Year's Eve should NEVER be planned! Just let it roll along under it's own innate guidance system...

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    I'm attending a ball at the Oklahoma History Center. Everyone is dressing in costume from about 1800 to 1907.
    Sounds like fun,...... I'll be in Ala. we always have a concert for my father who died on NYE

Im staying home and have some friends over. Nothing better than friends and a few cold one's. It's gonna look like a old Lowenbrau commercial.

Here's to good friends, Tonight is kind of special. The beer we'll pour must say something more, somehow. So tonight (tonight), Tonight, Let it be Lowenbrau (let it be Lowenbrau). It's been so long. Hey, I'm glad to see ya. Raise your glass. Here's to health and happiness. So tonight (tonight), Let it be all the best.

Jaxxx Guest
    Jefe, working for Lowenbrau????

No Jaxx, Im a Newcastle man. Im just a old commercial hag as well.