Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2464717273
Results 3,601 to 3,609 of 3609

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Yeah - that and having no feet suggests that there may have been something odd about the woman.
    You mentioned her dress - did it strike you as being contemporary in style - something that people might have worn at the time you saw her?
    The style didn't strike me. I was ten years old. I just saw the pattern.

Wow Jim that was freaky as hell, okay I talked to someone that was working the scene when the plane crash happened as they were waiting for more help to haul away bodies they actually brought some and used our parking lot to put some of the bodies before taking them where ever.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The style didn't strike me. I was ten years old. I just saw the pattern.
    I'm surprised you even noticed the pattern.
    Had it been me, I'm not sure I would have looked back over my shoulder to see it while running away that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Wow Jim that was freaky as hell, okay I talked to someone that was working the scene when the plane crash happened as they were waiting for more help to haul away bodies they actually brought some and used our parking lot to put some of the bodies before taking them where ever.
    Y'all should set up some kind of low light camera.
    If you can see the shadows darting about, surely a camera could capture them too.

I'm very skeptical that ghosts or such exist mainly due to lack of verifiable evidence; but I certainly can't offer any explanation for experiences like y'all have recounted here.
    We consider ghosts to be "supernatural"; which of course means that they are not of the natural world. If they were ever proven to exist, the "supernatural" label would have to go away. They would be shown to simply be another aspect, though rarely seen; of our natural world.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

We have had what I call shadow people around our house for several years. They do not bother me. They freak my husband out. You will be in the house during daylight and you will see a shadow person walk by the window outside. Or more than one. Different heights. A lady I work for told me if I see one just go outside and tell them they are not welcome here. She suggested using olive oil to make the cross above all doors and windows which I have never done. I just hope it is not husband's step-brother who was brutally murdered a few years ago or his sister who died at a young age a couple of years ago and was not at peace with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    We have had what I call shadow people around our house for several years. They do not bother me. They freak my husband out. You will be in the house during daylight and you will see a shadow person walk by the window outside. Or more than one. Different heights. A lady I work for told me if I see one just go outside and tell them they are not welcome here. She suggested using olive oil to make the cross above all doors and windows which I have never done. I just hope it is not husband's step-brother who was brutally murdered a few years ago or his sister who died at a young age a couple of years ago and was not at peace with her life.
    We had two or three who stayed grouped together in the double wide trailer we lived in. I had always heard they were mean and was scared to death when I saw them in the living room, but they never even acknowledged my presence. Even, so I can't ditch my dread of seeing shadow people--or shadow men as they are sometimes referred as.

Dang.
    I'm pretty content not seeing too many things I can't explain or understand.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means on the 182 crash but I have read quite a few things about it. Several people who stay or stayed around the area it happened are even to this day seeing and hearing things. There was a bit about in in an online San Diego mag but the link seems to be dead now. It was sad reading and not for the faint hearted as they had people going into detail about what they saw. I do know the main morgue was at the high school and even for a plane crash, it was gory.

Back on the ghost subject, it's actually common for people to witness stuff near where crashes occured. One example was the American Airlines 181 crash in Chicago back in 1979. It had just taken off when it got into trouble and doubled back to the airport which was next to a trailer park and just missed it when crashing. For a good time afterwards, the people in the trailer park were having people knock on their doors and windows yet when they checked there was no one there and quite a few claimed they were stopped by people smelling of jet fuel. One was asked the time as the man said he was running late for a flight then walked away, the guy had a weird feeling and when he turned back, the other man had disappeared into thin air and that was when he realised it was a victim from the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means on the 182 crash but I have read quite a few things about it. Several people who stay or stayed around the area it happened are even to this day seeing and hearing things. There was a bit about in in an online San Diego mag but the link seems to be dead now. It was sad reading and not for the faint hearted as they had people going into detail about what they saw. I do know the main morgue was at the high school and even for a plane crash, it was gory.

Back on the ghost subject, it's actually common for people to witness stuff near where crashes occured.
    I remember reading about this back in the day.

The crash is also featured on one of the Faces of death videos. Saw the shadow figure again last night my camera didn't pick it up will have to see about a night vision one or infrared, the one I used for my paranormal invetigating never got returned to me when a member, who is no longer with my team borrowed it. Yes Shellc they do I have talked to several people and they experience things never did until after the crash.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.