Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19262728293037 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1953

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #1351
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,739
    [QUOTE=hisandhearse;1532036]Ugh, Donald Trump, Too many concerns and not any nice things to say so..I'm left just SMH

    That repulsive THING makes me physically ill, as do its "supporters". Stupid and ignorant as FUCK. Where is my VOMIT emoji???

    Oh, here:


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  2. #1352
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    At least people are starting to take notice and make mention of where he's going:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ople/98126656/

    Can anybody say, "Hitler"?
    No? How's about, "Stalin"?

    We've seen everything except a Reichstag fire out of this guy; but he's just getting started so we have to give it some time yet.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  3. #1353
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    At least people are starting to take notice and make mention of where he's going:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ople/98126656/

    Can anybody say, "Hitler"?
    No? How's about, "Stalin"?

    We've seen everything except a Reichstag fire out of this guy; but he's just getting started so we have to give it some time yet.
    Oh, yeah. Some of my die-hard Trump supporters are calling him a f****** moron. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. I figured it would happen but I also figured they would be too proud to admit it. Some are. But I haven't seen a "Do you still trust me?" meme in a long time.

  4. #1354
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    [QUOTE=Cynful;1532109]
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Ugh, Donald Trump, Too many concerns and not any nice things to say so..I'm left just SMH

    That repulsive THING makes me physically ill, as do its "supporters". Stupid and ignorant as FUCK. Where is my VOMIT emoji???

    Oh, here:
    Hi Cyn, I agree, Every time I hear or see his name, The guy gives me a friggin headache.

  5. #1355
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,113
    I thought his speech to Congress was his best by far.

  6. #1356
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I thought his speech to Congress was his best by far.
    I didn't watch it - I'll likely read the transcripts later.

    Naturally, in my estimation; "best" could mean anything from a little less crazy to fewer obvious lies and misrepresentations.
    I did see some stuff in the news about him backing away somewhat from his "hard line" immigration stance and calling for reform with compromise; which struck me as uncharacteristically temperate of him.

    That makes me wonder if he might be starting to think\realize that he can't necessarily just run roughshod over "the system" if he wants to accomplish anything on his agenda (such as it is; if it is).
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  7. #1357
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    They were shouting his glory on FB. One woman said something about "useless democrats." It flew all over me. However, I don't make a habit of going off on people on social sites. Let them do Trump proud. It's about his speed. I did read a bit of the transcripts before my firewall took it down. I've read other transcripts of his speeches and the cheeto obviously has poor communicative skills. What little I read of this one smacked of a speech writer. Maybe his brain is warming up to the fact he ain't all that and must rely on others.

  8. #1358
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,756
    IMO this was the speech that Trump truly became the President. He offered the Democrats a few scraps of red meat, but he mainly kept to his campaign promises. The ones he made to the voters, which I really wish more candidates would do. The Dems decided to act like 13 year olds. Making sure they were away from the aisle in order to avoid contact, and wearing white dresses in sort of a silent protest. This president figures that the American people are more important then starting his re-election, like most past presidents. I noticed he knocked down the fiery rhetoric a little, which made him look even more presidential. Bottom line is that he changed no minds at all. The battle lines are drawn. And he will have a hell of a war on his hands. The status-quo will never go away easily. But this country has needed an enema for quite a long time. And I look at Trump as a huge enema bag that will clean out as much of this bureaucracy as he can. In the words of Stalin (seriously?) "A revolution from time to time, is a good thing". I am going to love watching the establishment on both sides, including the so-called media lose the collective minds. Let the games begin.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  9. #1359
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,095
    Trump's speech was his most presidential by far up to this point. I hope he can maintain this tone moving forward. He's going to need to have a few of these side by side without any gaffes in between to gain credibility with a lot of people. If he can do that, and make good on the promises he made then this presidency could be transformative. The left of course would prefer to see him go down in flames.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  10. #1360
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Trump's speech was his most presidential by far up to this point. I hope he can maintain this tone moving forward. He's going to need to have a few of these side by side without any gaffes in between to gain credibility with a lot of people. If he can do that, and make good on the promises he made then this presidency could be transformative. The left of course would prefer to see him go down in flames.
    I may be left, but I'm not falling off the scale. I want what's best for this country and if Trump is the man to do it good for him. But I ain't holdn my breath, baby. I don't like him. (I also don't wish him harm, either) He and some of his followers are hypocritical buffoons. I was republican all my life until people started smearing Obama and Hillary, flawed but human none the less, with nasty fake news. (BTW I'd rather have a liar in the white house than a woman grabber. I guess it's the rape victim in me.) They said before the election that dems are brainwashed and paranoid and in the same breath that they were afraid they'd die if Hillary won. Christians I've none all my life praising God and spitting hate, saying Trump won, it's done, get over it, while they run around with Confederate flags--Forget? Hell no! But we are supposed to forget our hopes for Hillary. They make stupid comments like "Democrats started slavery" and "Get out of here useless democrats" and "Walmart started Black Friday," which has nothing to do with it, but show the ignorance abounding among some of his followers. That said, there are dems just as nasty. And there are folks in both parties who are the salt of the earth.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-01-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  11. #1361
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,846
    Once a pussy grabber, always a pussy grabber.

    Intelligent people who have been paying attention the last 2 years aren't going to be swayed by one speech where he pretends to possess some dignity. Fortunately for him, most Americans are dumbasses.

    Also, Hitler would have loved the VOICE thing, although he would have applied it to Jews rather than "immigrants."
    Last edited by Upset; 03-01-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  12. #1362
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I did read a bit of the transcripts before my firewall took it down.
    Your firewall has a bullshit and stupidity detector?

    Mine only works with malicious code and such.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  13. #1363
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Your firewall has a bullshit and stupidity detector?

    Mine only works with malicious code and such.

  14. #1364
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Once a pussy grabber, always a pussy grabber.

    Intelligent people who have been paying attention the last 2 years aren't going to be swayed by one speech where he pretends to possess some dignity. Fortunately for him, most Americans are dumbasses.

    Also, Hitler would have loved the VOICE thing, although he would have applied it to Jews rather than "immigrants."
    ​Very well said

  15. #1365
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,846
    Ah, the "presidential" Trump...

    Now he's claiming he "just found out" Obama was wiretapping him.

    This is just short of "Old Man Yells at Cloud," but I'm sure people on here will still be defending the fool.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  16. #1366
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Ah, the "presidential" Trump...

    Now he's claiming he "just found out" Obama was wiretapping him.

    This is just short of "Old Man Yells at Cloud," but I'm sure people on here will still be defending the fool.
    Yep, You are right- It seems it's always "something" with this guy- His claims are getting more and more outlandish-
    Common with early onset dementia- I don't know how anyone with a sane mind can defend his claims and behavior? JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 03-04-2017 at 01:01 PM.

  17. #1367
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    There's a few people on my hometown forum actually parroting his senseless crap as if they had just had an original thought.

    We need to drain the swamp; he's doing great and will be just fine, even considering that all of the nasty libs and the whole of the evil media are against him.

    I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could have ever supported the guy beyond the early days of the campaign. Now I'm also trying to figure out why people don't seem to recognize that the guy (and his people) just tell one lie after another in support of their earlier lies and the lies they're telling at that moment. Solving problems is quick and easy when you just make up results and proclaim them to be true. I really don't think this guy can tell fact from fantasy, If it pops into his head or comes out of his mouth and he likes it - it's true; damn anybody and whatever proof they can offer to the contrary.

    ...It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

    ...The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.
    - Joseph Goebbels,
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  18. #1368
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,442
    ohh goody, another paranoid leader. it still makes me cringe and shake my head hearing "president trump". ugh.

  19. #1369
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    ohh goody, another paranoid leader. it still makes me cringe and shake my head hearing "president trump". ugh.
    Me too, And his supporters saying that this is all probably true because the "Democrats" will do anything to bring him down? Crazy. It's all so spooky the way defend him.

  20. #1370
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Me too, And his supporters saying that this is all probably true because the "Democrats" will do anything to bring him down? Crazy. It's all so spooky the way defend him.
    I personally wouldn't call it "spooky".
    I can't really come to terms with it or figure the whole mess out yet so I still just call it incomprehensible.

    I have noticed the distinct odor of orange Kool Aid emanating from any gathering of two or more Trump supporters though. Hey; that's what is somehow going on here I think - these people have been swept up into some crazy cult mentality with Trump at the helm of their "People's Temple".

    This is going to be worse than I thought.
    I knew that Trump was the greatest threat to America to come along in my lifetime; but I think now that the real danger might be with his all-in supporters. They're going to become less rational as he becomes more vocal and more insane.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  21. #1371
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mossy and wet
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Intelligent people who have been paying attention the last 2 years aren't going to be swayed by one speech where he pretends to possess some dignity.
    Intelligent people are noticing that George W. Bush, once regularly accused by liberals of being a terrible, evil menace to civilized good, has been rehabilitated by the liberal press. Hell, they've even posted a photo of him being chummy with Michelle Obama.

    So that vitriol of the Aughts was just good old fashioned gutter politics, and nothing personal? And that suggestions it's just more of the same today.

  22. #1372
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    I liked W. I felt like he did what he needed to do with what they would permit. Of course, I was republican back in them thar days. And I'd still be a republican if Trump and some of his supporters (most of my facebook friends) weren't mud slinging, fake news hounds. On election night I posted Go, Hillary, Go and a member of my extended family replied with a crying emotion and a You go girl, which was not a compliment. She hasn't spoken to me since. I pointed out fake news on a post and two more fell out. They don't care about the truth. Well, I'm not perfect. I've don't some bad things in my life, including just calling some of my friends names. But they are what they are. I personally don't care who supports whom, I just hate the hate mongering. I probably should have kept my mouth shut since way back when Trump stepped into the race. But I've never dropped somebody because they had a decent difference of opinion. And, BTW, I don't count posting fake news and mud slinging a decent difference of opinion.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-05-2017 at 12:27 AM.

  23. #1373
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357

    Love me some Stephen King


  24. #1374
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    It seems that Trump "might not accept" the assertion by the FBI and sane people everywhere that Obama did not tap his phones:

    https://gma.yahoo.com/wh-spokeswoman...pstories.html#

    By this act of treason, the FBI has proven that they - along with the free press that dares to report "true facts" as opposed to "Trump facts" - is Public Enemy #1 to the American people.

    The FBI has fooled every President up until now into thinking that they were on the side of law and order; but they can't fool this guy.

    In the alternate universe in which Trump and some of his supporters exist and flourish; where Kirk and Spock are evil, where down is up and up is down and bat shit crazy is just how we roll; the FBI has proven that they are no friend to the guy "in charge"; thus they are the enemy of the American people and they probably were behind the failure of McCarthyism.

    I bet when the chips are down and the Final Solution is at hand, the FBI will be nowhere to be found among the good Americans doing the hard work for The Great American Cause.

    I wonder when even his most ardent supporters will feel compelled to admit that this guy is clearly unstable.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  25. #1375
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

    I wonder when even his most ardent supporters will feel compelled to admit that this guy is clearly unstable.
    When he goes after something they personally hold dear. And he will.

  26. #1376
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    When he goes after something they personally hold dear. And he will.
    Probably sooner than anyone thinks as well with the way things are going. He has spent most of his life not having to answer for things and when called out, his answer is to go on the attack with personal hits and from his actions, he thinks he can still continue to do so regardless of him now being President. His arrogance will go too far one day. He'll come out with something thinking he can't be touched and it won't matter how many times he screams that it's the nasty liberals making up lies, he will be caught out. No doubt, when he does, it's the one's who are all but offering their first borns to him now that will be the first in line for his head claiming they never trusted him to begin with.
    Last edited by shellc; 03-08-2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Fixed Spelling Errors.

  27. #1377
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    I'm thinking we all need to contribute to a story a la Stephen King. I'll start and everyone feel free to add:

    The Incident in NY
    It was a dark and stormy night. All was normal in the golden palace of the man who would be president. The magnificant feast of 5 courses had been eaten off the million dollar dining table, set with priceless china. The family had retired to their usual evening routines. Little did they know what evil, diabolic plans were being put into play right under their noses............... (next)

  28. #1378
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,955
    This fool is an embarrassment to this country. Every time I see his stupid smirk I want to smack him. Also, just my opinion, but until the day comes when men can conceive and give birth, they need to STFU about Planned Parenthood and family planning. *GRRRRRRRRR*
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived


  29. #1379
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    This fool is an embarrassment to this country. Every time I see his stupid smirk I want to smack him. Also, just my opinion, but until the day comes when men can conceive and give birth, they need to STFU about Planned Parenthood and family planning. *GRRRRRRRRR*
    so agreed!! PP is more than just "abortions", fucking assholes. when I was a teen, i had horrendous monthly cramps.
    so bad, i wanted to stab myself. then someone told me how birth control pills might help. so i went, got them, and they went away! was such a relief. plus, my family was poor, so i got them free.
    you know, if men did give birth, you know damn well PP would be well funded and part of their healthcare!!!

  30. #1380
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,095
    So I've been sitting here on the sidelines lately and observing this hate fest against Trump and his supporters like me and have yet to actually see concrete criticism for his policies or proposals except maybe planned parenthood. It is all name calling and dislike for his personality. Really it is criticism for the things that don't really matter. And it is hypocrisy. No one here or any democrat for that matter has a problem believing that Russia interfered with the elections with no evidence but have no problem dismissing Trumps claim of wiretapping because there is no evidence.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  31. #1381
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    So I've been sitting here on the sidelines lately and observing this hate fest against Trump and his supporters like me and have yet to actually see concrete criticism for his policies or proposals except maybe planned parenthood. It is all name calling and dislike for his personality. Really it is criticism for the things that don't really matter. And it is hypocrisy. No one here or any democrat for that matter has a problem believing that Russia interfered with the elections with no evidence but have no problem dismissing Trumps claim of wiretapping because there is no evidence.

    Pauli, I wouldn't be pointing fingers at people on FAD were I you. Keep it impersonal. You know the rules. I don't agree with you, but I don't think of you as a hypocrite. If you run across a Dem on here who calls you personally or anyone else a name, report them.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.

  32. #1382
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    I really don't care about his personality - unless you categorize his actions and behavior as facets of his personality.

    I don't have a problem dismissing some (or all) of his assertions because he makes claims not only unsupported by facts - and not "alternative facts" - but contradicted by them. He lies, he seems to obsess over trivial matters (popular vote, inaugural attendance, etc.) and IMO is behaving in an increasingly erratic and unstable fashion.

    I have no problem criticizing most of what he reportedly says or does; a lot of it is worthy of such. I really haven't heard his supporters defending the actions that I criticize - they seem to ignore them - yet they defend him as if he never said those things. I'm waiting for some of his supporters to offer something like, "all politicians lie" as some kind of defense of him.

    So Putin is an OK guy; but the free press is the enemy of the American people - OK, I've got it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  33. #1383
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    ^^^ I agree JimC

  34. #1384
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I really don't care about his personality - unless you categorize his actions and behavior as facets of his personality.

    I don't have a problem dismissing some (or all) of his assertions because he makes claims not only unsupported by facts - and not "alternative facts" - but contradicted by them. He lies, he seems to obsess over trivial matters (popular vote, inaugural attendance, etc.) and IMO is behaving in an increasingly erratic and unstable fashion.

    I have no problem criticizing most of what he reportedly says or does; a lot of it is worthy of such. I really haven't heard his supporters defending the actions that I criticize - they seem to ignore them - yet they defend him as if he never said those things. I'm waiting for some of his supporters to offer something like, "all politicians lie" as some kind of defense of him.

    So Putin is an OK guy; but the free press is the enemy of the American people - OK, I've got it.
    We all can acknowledge that Trump is a different kind of politician in that he really isn't a politician at all. That comes with it's benefits as well as it's liabilities. He's beholden to no one which means he is free to make decisions as he sees fit believing that the political price will ultimately work for him as people see the benefits of his politically incorrect positions (illegal immigration, terrorism etc...). The liability to himself is that he says what he thinks instead of applying that filter that professional politicians are so good at doing.

    He says things in the open that most say in their head or in private. Everyone gets hung up on what he says even though privately, everyone has said much worse. We give ourselves a pass because we're not looking to be the president but up until two years ago neither was he.

    The last republican candidate was as clean and stately as they come (Romney) and the media and the democrats made him look like an ass and in turn he put his tail between his legs and hid in a corner. Trump on the other hand knows how to throw a punch.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  35. #1385
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    So I've been sitting here on the sidelines lately and observing this hate fest against Trump and his supporters like me and have yet to actually see concrete criticism for his policies or proposals except maybe planned parenthood. It is all name calling and dislike for his personality. Really it is criticism for the things that don't really matter. And it is hypocrisy. No one here or any democrat for that matter has a problem believing that Russia interfered with the elections with no evidence but have no problem dismissing Trumps claim of wiretapping because there is no evidence.
    Yep, liberals are the real hypocrites. We're the ones who tout our Christianity and bemoan the "godlessness" of the other side, and then throw our support behind a thrice-married pussy grabber who said he'd like to date his own daughter.

    I'm surprised you would actually try to draw a comparison between Russia and the Obama wiretapping thing. For the former, there is a ton of smoke coming from many, MANY sources, and for the latter there's Trump running rampant based on one Breitbart article. I personally don't know if the Russians really tried to help Trump win the election, but I do think the integrity of our democratic process demands that it be examined. I would also be fine with Trump's allegation being investigated. If true (which I seriously doubt, you know, because of the one Breitbart article thing, and the "Presidents can't order wiretaps" thing), Obama should be held accountable; if false, Trump should be held accountable for making an outrageous, unsupported assertion.

    And there's tons of criticism for specific policy initiatives Orange Julius Caesar is trying to push through. It's all over my Facebook. But maybe you meant you're not seeing that on this FAD thread? I suppose we're all allowed to talk about whatever we want to, right?
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  36. #1386
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357

  37. #1387
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    But maybe you meant you're not seeing that on this FAD thread? I suppose we're all allowed to talk about whatever we want to, right?
    Yeah - but you've got to be careful of what you think and especially of what you say.
    Otherwise, you might be recognized as an enemy of the American people; just like those loose cannon media types who have been trying to destroy the country since the invention of free thought and movable type.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  38. #1388
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    In an interesting move that is either completely incomprehensible or completely sane, needed and justified - depending upon if you are Donald Trump or not - Pope Francis has joined the ranks of the free press, liberals, Democrats, the FBI, environmental scientists and all sane people wherever they might be found by willfully becoming an enemy of the American people.

    The Pope has issued a warning on the dangers of populism, citing the Nazis as a prime example of how it is wrong headed and cannot end well:

    In that case, Francis cited Nazi Germany as the "most obvious example of populism in the European sense of the word," pointing to the fact that "Hitler didn’t steal power, his people voted for him" as proof that "in times of crisis we lack judgment." He further urged people to resist the tendency to "look for a savior who gives us back our identity and [lets] us defend ourselves with walls, barbed-wire, whatever, from other people who may rob us of our identity."

    Here's a link to the report:

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/searching...224119366.html

    Once Trump gets a hold of this, that Pope is so fired...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  39. #1389
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    981
    Wiki has released the information that the government has been spying on everyone. It's even been confirmed as real. So with that noted, specifically targeted or not, yes Trump was also spied on.

    We all should be pissed about this but we will let it slide because of our politics. We can't condemn these actions because they somehow might help Trump. Screw that. You can indeed condemn these actions without supporting Trump.

    Was trump specifically targeted? I have no idea but we all have been and that should piss us all off.

  40. #1390
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Wiki has released the information that the government has been spying on everyone. It's even been confirmed as real. So with that noted, specifically targeted or not, yes Trump was also spied on.

    We all should be pissed about this but we will let it slide because of our politics. We can't condemn these actions because they somehow might help Trump. Screw that. You can indeed condemn these actions without supporting Trump.

    Was trump specifically targeted? I have no idea but we all have been and that should piss us all off.
    This is what I meant when I mentioned hypocrisy. The Russian thing was up front since the election but the CIA spying which is a potential invasion of all of our privacy gets burried after a day.

    And then there's this, after 1 month:

    $235,000 jobs created
    more people are re-entering the job market
    unemployment at 4.7%
    an increase in earnings
    Last edited by Paulination; 03-10-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  41. #1391
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    This is what I meant when I mentioned hypocrisy. The Russian thing was up front since the election but the CIA spying which is a potential invasion of all of our privacy gets burried after a day.

    And then there's this, after 1 month:

    $235,000 jobs created
    more people are re-entering the job market
    unemployment at 4.7%
    an increase in earnings
    Where was unemployment at the end of Obama's reign of terror? 15%? 20%? LOL Guy's been in office for a month, and he's responsible for a low unemployment rate? Really?
    Last edited by Upset; 03-10-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  42. #1392
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Where was unemployment at the end of Obama's reign of terror? 15%? 20%? LOL Guy's been in office for a month, and he's responsible for a low unemployment rate? Really?
    Unemployment was near 10% at the end of the Obama administration. Just because someone has stopped getting unemployment benefits does not mean they are no longer unemployed. Being on welfare doesn't make them unemployed. Because a guy that made $60,000 was laid off and now works part time making $9.00 an hour does not mean things have got better.

    No Trump can't be judged on a small window either.

    The unemployment number we hear the most about is a lie. It's not a lie that Obama created he simply continued the lie. It's again, something we all should be mad about.

  43. #1393
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,413
    Trump's results don't start until October. Anything that is being reported now (stocks, unemployment) is still on Obama's "fiscal year". Trump needs to sit down and shut the fuck up until then...

  44. #1394
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Trump's results don't start until October. Anything that is being reported now (stocks, unemployment) is still on Obama's "fiscal year". Trump needs to sit down and shut the fuck up until then...
    Until then?

    How about from now on?

    Technically you are correct - those numbers aren't the result of anything that he's done since taking office.

    Obviously, those numbers are the result of things that he thought about doing after he took office before he took office.
    It's a fine display of his force of will; anyone who doubts that can just ask him; as if that's going to be necessary.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  45. #1395
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    7,032
    Actually hes the best President America has had since Reagan , I did a lot of volunteer work for him during the campaign and I am extreamly pleased with what hes done so far.

  46. #1396
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Actually hes the best President America has had since Reagan , I did a lot of volunteer work for him during the campaign and I am extreamly pleased with what hes done so far.
    That's an interesting point of view.
    Personally, I am at a loss to name anything that he has actually accomplished.

    I guess maybe he has already set some kind of record for the greatest number of delusional statements by a Chief Executive; so I suppose that's an accomplishment of sorts.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  47. #1397
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That's an interesting point of view.
    Personally, I am at a loss to name anything that he has actually accomplished.

    I guess maybe he has already set some kind of record for the greatest number of delusional statements by a Chief Executive; so I suppose that's an accomplishment of sorts.
    Well said Jim.

  48. #1398
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    981
    The idea that the markets are at record highs while the enrollment of those on food stamps are also is not something I would want to take credit for.

    I do NOT support Trump. The reason we have Trump as a president is because Obama was a failure. If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he would be there would be no President Trump.

    I supported nearly everything Candidate Obama said he stood for. I support very little that President Obama did. I along with many others refused to vote for more of the same and Trump won.

  49. #1399
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    The idea that the markets are at record highs while the enrollment of those on food stamps are also is not something I would want to take credit for.

    I do NOT support Trump. The reason we have Trump as a president is because Obama was a failure. If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he would be there would be no President Trump.

    I supported nearly everything Candidate Obama said he stood for. I support very little that President Obama did. I along with many others refused to vote for more of the same and Trump won.
    So we're faced with the prospect of a Supreme Court adjudicating us back into the Dark Ages, and it's Obama's fault?

    Well, at least we know who to blame for this predicament...
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  50. #1400
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,357
    Some of the people who support Trump are the very ones who want to make America Great again--re White again. That is why they say Obama failed. He was black. It wouldn't have mattered what good he did. I say some, because not all think this way. But I happen to know those who do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •