Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

2 days ago on Facebook, I asked how long it would be before the accusers started coming forward. 2 days, I reckon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politi...ort/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I just kind of wish Donald Trump would
    go away (Don't think it will ever happen)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Doesn't it sound funny that they are just NOW coming out with these accusations? They could have easily buried him a long time ago.

You know what sucks? How if these women are paid by Hillary to makeup a story it's just going to alienate actual victims and prevent them from coming forward.

Why did Coz's victims wait so long? Women don't always come forward right off especially when the rapist is famous. Now he has said what he said--and confesses to it--and it has perhaps emboldened them to step forward. I say this as a rape victim, just so you don't think I'm blowing out the corner of my mouth.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    You completely missed my point which is probably my fault. Celebrities who have women throw themselves at them start to formulate opinions of women in general. Probably without realizing their doing it. It is kind of an entitled feeling in regards to their own superiority over other men. It is what makes Ray Rice think it is OK to knock his fiance out in an elevator and what makes Bill Clinton justify getting a blow job in the oval office during business hours. Just ask Bill Cosby if he believes he committed a crime, or even OJ Simpson for that matter. The examples are endless. By anyone of those examples I'd say Trump was rather tame even though the bar on that is pretty low.
    I did miss that point.
    We can all make the mistake of over-generalizing but I don't see how one could take that to the point where they think it might be OK or acceptable to violate the rights or dignity of other people just because some people seem to welcome similar behavior. That's kind of like a boxer coming to think that just because all of his opponents expect him to punch them that everyone else on earth should too.

Even if Trump's behavior (that we know about) was tame by comparison to that of Clinton or Cosby; that does nothing to excuse him, IMO. Idi Amin didn't commit atrocities on nearly the scale that Hitler or Stalin did; that fact affords him no redemption of any kind or makes him more of an OK guy or a less evil guy compared to those two by my thinking.

I'm not trying to equate sexual assault (as terrible as it is) to genocide or murder; just saying that being a bit more tame or less prolific with it does nothing to lessen the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I just kind of wish Donald Trump would
    go away (Don't think it will ever happen)
    I fear that he and Keith Richards are sharing a ride.

For eternity.
    Last edited by JimC; 10-13-2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: clarified

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I did miss that point.
    We can all make the mistake of over-generalizing but I don't see how one could take that to the point where they think it might be OK or acceptable to violate the rights or dignity of other people just because some people seem to welcome similar behavior. That's kind of like a boxer coming to think that just because all of his opponents expect him to punch them that everyone else on earth should too.

Even if Trump's behavior (that we know about) was tame by comparison to that of Clinton or Cosby; that does nothing to excuse him, IMO. Idi Amin didn't commit atrocities on nearly the scale that Hitler or Stalin did; that fact affords him no redemption of any kind or makes him more of an OK guy or a less evil guy compared to those two by my thinking.

I'm not trying to equate sexual assault to genocide or murder; just saying that being a bit more tame or less prolific with it does nothing to lessen the crime.
    Another good post, Jim.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm SO tired of all of this election bullshit. Early voting starts next week. I'm going to vote and not watch nor read anything else about this campaign until election night.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Yeah if Trump is done on charges I think Biden should catch a case too.

Even if Trump's behavior (that we know about) was tame by comparison to that of Clinton or Cosby; that does nothing to excuse him, IMO.
    Bill Clinton was excused both while campaigning for and holding office. Those who made excuses for him (it doesn't affect his ability to perform his duties) lost their right to judge.

If Trump were the Democratic candidate, few on the Democratic side would give a rat's behind about his shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Bill Clinton was excused both while campaigning for and holding office. Those who made excuses for him (it doesn't affect his ability to perform his duties) lost their right to judge.

If Trump were the Democratic candidate, few on the Democratic side would give a rat's behind about his shenanigans.
    Yeah - I suspect that you're right about that.

I never supported Bill but I'd sure take him over the current choices.

This campaign has been the lowest that I can remember by far - I'm afraid that a new standard - such as it is - has been set and that future campaigns might only get worse until we figure out how to do something about our political methods. I mean, jeeze - these are the two most objectionable and undesirable candidates that I can imagine. On top of that; they are both the nominees of their parties, and they are both running for President at the same time. If they had each come along a few years apart I might not be quite so disgusted with our main two parties.

These two are the best that we have to offer in front of the entire world.

Just damn.

Every civilized nation and all of the rational people in the world must think that all of us are swallowing heaping handfuls of by prescription only, maximum strength stupid pills.

And this is just the campaign...

Every civilized nation and all of the rational people in the world must think that all of us are swallowing heaping handfuls of by prescription only, maximum strength stupid pills.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Yeah if Trump is done on charges I think Biden should catch a case too.

I don't know - a couple of those ladies look a little amused.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I'm SO tired of all of this election bullshit. Early voting starts next week. I'm going to vote and not watch nor read anything else about this campaign until election night.
    Can I join you? I'll come with drinks and popcorn and make a red box pit stop along the way

trump in 2016
    pull the string!

Seen on FB: image of Franklin Graham and the words If Trump doesn't win all Christians will be put in death camps (paraphrased.) FCOL! I knew it was fake news, but looked it up anyway. I was right. What kills me is his camp keeps saying the Hillary media is brainwashing us, when in fact Trump's machine is blatantly guilty itself. I put that poster's butt on restriction. I'm sure Clinton's followers have thrown mud, but not near as much fakery as Trump's (at least on my timeline). So called dedicated Christians have taken leave of their Bibles. Slander is slander is slander no matter if it concerns a person in the news or Mr. and Mrs. Joe and Jane Citizen. Sheesh.

Graham has stated more than once that he refuses to endorse either candidate because they are evil. He said he was more concerned by who the next POTUS appointed to the supreme court to uphold the constitution. Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-16-2016 at 11:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well; you have to admit that it's a damned shameful waste of money to have all of those completed, ready to go, FEMA Death Camps just sitting around unused since at least the first Bush administration.

His New World Order crapped out, didn't round up all the gays and people with aids; then successive administrations failed to collect all the liberals, followed by failing to collect all the conservatives, followed by the failure to collect gun owners, and on and on.

Obviously, there just are not enough black helicopters to make this work; they really ought to do something about that.

If all that isn't crazy enough for you, then we have this:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...dsM/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    trump in 2016
    Why?

Well; you have to admit that it's a damned shameful waste of money to have all of those completed, ready to go, FEMA Death Camps just sitting around unused since at least the first Bush administration.

His New World Order crapped out, didn't round up all the gays and people with aids; then successive administrations failed to collect all the liberals, followed by failing to collect all the conservatives, followed by the failure to collect gun owners, and on and on.

Obviously, there just are not enough black helicopters to make this work; they really ought to do something about that.

If all that isn't crazy enough for you, then we have this:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...dsM/story.html
    Just think of the hell they will let loose if he loses. And, Oh, BTW, you siggy is very funny.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Can I join you? I'll come with drinks and popcorn and make a red box pit stop along the way
    Hell yeah!!
    Minerva

Hell yeah!!
    i'd join both of ya. i think alot of other ppl would too!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I think we're all ready for it to be over. A nice hot shower, a bunch of cocktails and a good meal and I'll be ready to move on.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Just think of the hell they will let loose if he loses. And, Oh, BTW, you siggy is very funny.
    Yeah - they'll want to protect American values through an armed revolt should our electoral system work as intended but against their liking. I'm sure none of them see the irony in that concept - some folks just can't see the truth for what it is even when it's right in front of them.

I wasn't happy when Obama won - twice - but that's how the majority voted and that's how it has to work.

I'm pretty much back to the distasteful idea of voting for Hillary. I toyed with the idea of going the third party route but I just don't believe in any of those guys; and none of them have a chance at winning anyway; that's just a fantasy; so I might as well deal with the unwanted reality than pretend otherwise.

Glad you like the sig.

Yeah - they'll want to protect American values through an armed revolt should our electoral system work as intended but against their liking. I'm sure none of them see the irony in that concept - some folks just can't see the truth for what it is even when it's right in front of them.

I wasn't happy when Obama won - twice - but that's how the majority voted and that's how it has to work.

I'm pretty much back to the distasteful idea of voting for Hillary. I toyed with the idea of going the third party route but I just don't believe in any of those guys; and none of them have a chance at winning anyway; that's just a fantasy; so I might as well deal with the unwanted reality than pretend otherwise.

Glad you like the sig.
    Today I saw an image with a woman sitting on a clifftop that said "I'm not defending Trump. I'm defending the United States of America." Yeah, right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The twenty-first century dislike of "Washington insiders" is the rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I think we're all ready for it to be over. A nice hot shower, a bunch of cocktails and a good meal and I'll be ready to move on.
    Same here. I leave for vacation on Dec 11th. A week in the virgin islands. Do I really got to endure all this election shit first. Can't I just fast forward to warm sand and blue waters.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Same here. I leave for vacation on Dec 11th. A week in the virgin islands. Do I really got to endure all this election shit first. Can't I just fast forward to warm sand and blue waters.
    I'm so jealous of your trip!! I just wonder how much post election bullshit we have to endure. LOL
    Minerva

When Trump talks about the election being "rigged", he doesn't mean in the direct fraud sense of say, manipulating ballots or adding dead people votes to skew the results. He means the wave of outside political forces pushing the electorate towards a particular candidate. The way the mainstream media is so intent on keeping a negative Trump headline in the news day after day after day meanwhile ignoring Hillary news such as the worse of the emails that were released. They talk about some, the ones that don't mean a whole lot just so they can say they covered the story. And then there is the charity.

At the VP debate Pence attacked the charity for various reasons and Kaine defended it as one of the best. In that debate it was hard for anyone to really measure that so it became Kaine's word against Pence's. Until now. The most recognized charity rating company has gone from not rating the Clinton charity (as a matter of fact it used to be on their fraud watch list) to suddenly giving it it's highest rating possible. They give some bullshit excuse as to why that is which you can read for yourself but one thing does stand out, a recent 2 million Clinton charity donation.

What is significant if it is not obvious already is come the debate on Wednesday if Trump challenges Hillary on the legitimacy of the charity she can now point out that the Charity Navigator gave it it's highest rating.

What pisses me off is not that Hillary will win, it is that people are gullible enough to not see that it is this machine that is at work here, a machine that relies on the collective stupidity of the american people for momentum.

Ok, I'm going to go waaayyy out on a limb here... What if, and it's a really big "if" Trump never intended to become POTUS? I say this hypothetically, because Trump never loses. Oh, he won't win the election, I personally don't think he ever had a chance. yet as he will tell you himself, he's the BEST at everything he does. But here's what I have noticed... I watched an episode of "Better Call Saul" where Jimmy's character was doing everything he could to get fired from the firm he despised working for, like not flushing the toilet after using it, spilling coffee on his boss, blowing up the microwave, you get the picture. Trump seems to be doing all those things, he has made some of the most outlandish statements that have never come from a presidential contender until now. And since he never loses, what if, after the election he come's out and says the ONLY reason he ran was to destroy the republican party? I mean, he's done a great job of dividing it so far, and didn't he run around in the Clinton circle for years? It would not be beyond him to come out and say that just to save face, and then he would proceed to make fun of all of the "losers" that continued to follow him in light of all of the outlandish things he said or did. Now, admittingly, I have allowed my mind to wonder off to this incredible theory, but at this point I don't think ANYTHING is beyond Donald Trump.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Ok, I'm going to go waaayyy out on a limb here... What if, and it's a really big "if" Trump never intended to become POTUS?
    I used to think that was a possibility because I could not understand how he could continuously damage his own campaign. Now I just believe he has an ego so big that he thinks he can say what he wants and ignore advice from his staff because he thinks he knows better and will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I used to think that was a possibility because I could not understand how he could continuously damage his own campaign. Now I just believe he has an ego so big that he thinks he can say what he wants and ignore advice from his staff because he thinks he knows better and will win.
    That's what I think.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I still wonder if he has a bet with some other billionaire(s) that he can say the kinds of things he says and still get people to vote for him.

I expected that once he was denied the nomination that he'd come out and say something like, "What? You guys thought I was serious?" It never dawned on me early on that he would actually get the nomination. Of course, it never dawned on me that so many people would actually vote for him based upon the stuff he says and the way he acts.

I think now that he does want to be elected. Who the heck knows what he wants after that - I suspect that not even he even knows that.

I've also put forward that theory. My thoughts are that after all of his bravado got him nominated, either he peed his pants a little, but had to keep going; or went on playing the game for a while and then peed his pants. Now, he's just to the point where, as you say, he has discovered he can say anything and get away with it. I think I also predicted he would throw the word "rigged" out before the election, as that way he can't really "lose".

I am pretty sure most Americans have decided that with all of the crap we have put up with in past elections, this one has hit rock bottom. I believe it has hurt our standing with the rest of the world; we are now pretty much a joke on the world stage. In my opinion Ms. C is a legitimate candidate. I would venture to say, however, that had she been put up against another legitimate candidate, it would be a different race. Still the mudslinging - that's obligatory - but not to the ridiculousness of this. And real issues may have been discussed. The really frightening and shameful part is that our society made DT, and put him in this position -- and with the all too real possibility he may actually run (not lead) this country.

What pisses me off the most is you could have put Bozo the Clown on the ballot and he would win over Hillary, she's that damaged. But instead the people choose Donald Trump because he's "anti establishment" and the bastard does his best to prove he's anti everything. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer him over Hillary but his antics and carelessness is throwing this election. I have a feeling tonight will be epic.

I agree, had it been a viable Republican candidate, Hillary would have been in for quite a fight. I cannot believe DT is the Republican choice, and no way will he win. The only thing he has actually accomplished is making SNL funny again, if only briefly.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I'll join you. I'll bring alcohol....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!! This is hilarious!!!!

Trump will never have THIS Mexican's vote. Nope. I'm leaning heavily toward Jill Stein. She's picked up where Bernie left off, but I think Hubby is voting Gary Johnson. I'm getting flack on FB for not supporting Trump. Uh, he's a racist and I'm a person of color? The little Trumplings, or Trump supporters, assume that because I am a Latina, I am therefore illegal. Not every Hispanic person you come across is illegal. I was born here, adopted into a white family at the age of two, and do not know my birth family. So as far as I'm concerned, my family IS legal, they're white.

Not to mention as a sexual assault survivor, his bragging that he "grabs [women] by the p***y" is extremely insulting. The meme above, though, was funny. My cousin grabbed me like that when I was 3, and would go on to rape me from the age of 4 until I turned 10 and hit puberty. So his bragging about his exploits offends me deeply.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Lol... I think a lot of liquor stores will be busy that night!
    I don't usually drink, But I think yours truly may very well have a few that night as well.
    Any suggestions? Lol.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-20-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Lol... I think a lot of liquor stores will be busy that night!
    I don't usually drink, But I think yours truly may very well have a few that night as well.
    Any suggestions? Lol.
    Tequila, of course. With or without salt and/or lime. In fact, I tweeted last night, "There's not enough tequila in Mexico to get me to watch this debate."

Although if you're not wanting something that hard, a little whipped cream vodka in root beer (or diet root beer) makes for a tasty adult root beer float. A little whipped cream vodka in orange soda (NOT the Hi-C Orange crap from McDonald's) and you have an adult Orange Julius. Whipped cream vodka is just plain tasty in cream soda, too. In fact, mix it with any soda for an adult float.

"I just go here!"

Tequila, of course. With or without salt and/or lime. In fact, I tweeted last night, "There's not enough tequila in Mexico to get me to watch this debate."

Although if you're not wanting something that hard, a little whipped cream vodka in root beer (or diet root beer) makes for a tasty adult root beer float. A little whipped cream vodka in orange soda (NOT the Hi-C Orange crap from McDonald's) and you have an adult Orange Julius. Whipped cream vodka is just plain tasty in cream soda, too. In fact, mix it with any soda for an adult float.
    Lol. I'll have to try whipped cream vodka, if I can find it around here.
    I know what you mean about the debate...I'll be honest, DT gives me a headache the way he twists everything...
    Its like watching an escapee from a puzzle factory. But thats JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Lol. I'll have to try whipped cream vodka, if I can find it around here.
    I know what you mean about the debate...I'll be honest, DT gives me a headache the way he twists everything...
    Its like watching an escapee from a puzzle factory. But thats JMO.
    Just LOOKING at him gives me a headache....and the thought keeps wandering through my brain that he can't REALLY be that stupid, but alas, he is.

"I just go here!"

Just LOOKING at him gives me a headache....and the thought keeps wandering through my brain that he can't REALLY be that stupid, but alas, he is.
    Very well said- What bothers me about him is the constant whirlwind of negativity and fear mongering...Its exhausting, Don't know how those around him contend with it.

This election has seriously made me question having a FB account. I never new I could be acquainted with so many racist and homophobic people. It didn't seem that bad when Obama ran for the 2nd term, but then again you didn't have a candidate standing up and saying all the ugly things Trump has been saying. I'm pretty disgusted, I've never witnessed anything this polarizing...
    --William Shakespeare!

This election has seriously made me question having a FB account. I never new I could be acquainted with so many racist and homophobic people. It didn't seem that bad when Obama ran for the 2nd term, but then again you didn't have a candidate standing up and saying all the ugly things Trump has been saying. I'm pretty disgusted, I've never witnessed anything this polarizing...
    I never have either. I don't support either, but Trumps people seem to be the nastiest rumormongers on my timeline.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ROFLMAO!!!!! This is hilarious!!!!

Trump will never have THIS Mexican's vote. Nope. I'm leaning heavily toward Jill Stein. She's picked up where Bernie left off, but I think Hubby is voting Gary Johnson. I'm getting flack on FB for not supporting Trump. Uh, he's a racist and I'm a person of color? The little Trumplings, or Trump supporters, assume that because I am a Latina, I am therefore illegal. Not every Hispanic person you come across is illegal. I was born here, adopted into a white family at the age of two, and do not know my birth family. So as far as I'm concerned, my family IS legal, they're white.

Not to mention as a sexual assault survivor, his bragging that he "grabs [women] by the p***y" is extremely insulting. The meme above, though, was funny. My cousin grabbed me like that when I was 3, and would go on to rape me from the age of 4 until I turned 10 and hit puberty. So his bragging about his exploits offends me deeply.

Yeah Jill dropped out and backed Trump.

You have Gary Johnson, and Evan McMullin, I don't think Bernie has officially dropped out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    This is photoshopped, of course. But to me if he had a suit on and his hair combed he'd look a lot more distinguished than his current caricature of a spring squash.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I never have either. I don't support either, but Trumps people seem to be the nastiest rumormongers on my timeline.
    I agree, I can't stand either one of them, but he revels in bringing out the worst in people. I used to think his followers were uneducated, and that's NOT the case at all, which makes it all more shocking. You know, DT could be a murdering pedophile and they would still vote for him, I just don't get it. I hope this is the one and only horrible election I ever have to witness.
    --William Shakespeare!

I agree, I can't stand either one of them, but he revels in bringing out the worst in people. I used to think his followers were uneducated, and that's NOT the case at all, which makes it all more shocking. You know, DT could be a murdering pedophile and they would still vote for him, I just don't get it. I hope this is the one and only horrible election I ever have to witness.
    ITA

I had a high school mate who posted that she didn't care what he did he still had her vote. I guess that includes his allegedly calling deaf actress Marilee Maitin retarded because she rejected his sexual advances during her time on The Apprentice. What a pig.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Completely ditto. It's nasty. They'll sit there and slander Hillary all day & nite( granted she's not perfect, none of Us are) and treat him like he's golden. A self absorbed,racist,homophobic,no regard for women possible president..all the progress we've made ( women's rights, gay rights,rights for the disabled, rights for people of different races, )that we've made over who knows how many decades i fear will go completely backwards. It's sad.

ITA

I had a high school mate who posted that she didn't care what he did he still had her vote. I guess that includes his allegedly calling deaf actress Marilee Maitin retarded because she rejected his sexual advances during her time on The Apprentice. What a pig.
    I read that as well and at this point after seeing his ignorant responses toward ....Um, everything or everyone who opposes him- He has always been a disgusting "human being" But Marlee Matlin inncident and his machete mouth disgusts me even more. I just wish he would fade away...Quickly!
    Further more, Wish Karma would visit this POS and FAST! JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-21-2016 at 04:57 PM.