Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15222324252633 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

All this hysteria will work in his favor. If nothing horrible happens, then people will think that his critics were ninnies.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Get better? Such as how? Please, Help me to understand by being specific because I'm tired of hearing vague answers and double talk as to why his supporters feel he is going to make anything better.
    Where to start. Lets go with his basic promises. Illegal Immigration: if you build a wall then it is harder for illegals to cross the border isn't it? Is this an anti immigrant thing to do? No, it is an anti illegal immigrant thing to do. Having less illegals is better. Can he really build a wall? Of course we can. Terrorism: by not allowing people from terror sponsored countries in without knowing who they are will decrease the chances foreign terrorist will infillitrate the country like they did for 9/11. That is better. Obamacare: If he is able to fix or replace Obamacare to stop the out of control increases in premiums that would be better. People I speak to miss the days of the 10-15% increases not that they face 25-50% increases. Trade: NAFTA does kind of suck and the politicians have told us that it is the best we can do. Having a negative trade deficit weighs down the country as it means more money flows out of the US then can be generated by selling the goods we import. It should be looked at but our pussy politicians don't because it will piss off the countrys who are getting the positive trade deficits.

If Hillary was elected she wouldn't have done anything but maybe put a public option in for Obamacare. When she did this the government would have artificially priced the option lower than the private options and people would have moved into it. This would have killed the private sector and BOOM! The government just took over full control of 1/6 of the economy. That is what Hillary stood for.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

General comments all around: I don't know how many people I heard say that Pres Obama would not last a year in office because someone would assassinate him. Hmmmmmm.... that didn't happen. I don't think Trump will be either. -- Don't really think Trump will make us all "eat our words" either. There isn't many of his promises he can keep on his own. Granted he does have a friendly Congress, but as I mentioned before, they aren't going pay attention to him very much; he doesn't know how to play the "inside the beltway game." Unfortunately, that's what happened with Pres Carter. He was an outlander too, although with some political experience. Had he and Congress been on the same page, a lot of great things could have been done, but weren't. I don't think many of Trumps ideas could be considered great things, but I think he's going to find out (as they all do) promises are easier made than kept. ---- Pence may be the real power, and that could be a problem. --- I agree, I think he shit his pants the other night, too. --- As much as I want to speculate he won't last the 4 years, as we have learned, there is no telling about nothin'. Never say never always. It wouldn't bother me if he didn't, but then again, that would put Pence in an even more power position. ---- We survived Reagan - we barely survived Nixon -- we'll survive this. I think we'll be a world wide laughing stock for a while, but who knows. --- And I agree also about the vague answers as to why this country has to be made great again. I didn't realize we weren't. And as I've mentioned, I want to know when America turned into a God hating nation. I assume that's what has happened since the Repubs want to put "God back into the White House." I want to know why they keep saying that.

I can't help but think that "Back To The Future part 2" just became true, with the idiot/bully Biff Tannen in the penthouse...
    Last edited by Dangitbawb; 11-27-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I hope that a few months from now; and again a few months after that- and so on - that I do feel compelled to come back to this thread and post about how wrong I was.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I hope that a few months from now; and again a few months after that- and so on - that I do feel compelled to come back to this thread and post about how wrong I was.
    Hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Don't really think Trump will make us all "eat our words" either. There isn't many of his promises he can keep on his own. Granted he does have a friendly Congress, but as I mentioned before, they aren't going pay attention to him very much;
    I totally disagree. This election was much larger than Trump. It is the future of the republican party, everyone in the republican party. If Trump screws this up than you will see a movement to the democrats like never before. The senate will go, the house will go, governors will go etc...

The party is in a position to exact real change. I think the house and the senate will cooperate in doing that as long as his goals are constitutional. This is all evidenced by the way elected republicans who turned their back on him before the election are lining up to kiss his ass right now. Their future depends on it.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

People are welcome to express their disappointment with how an election turned out, but this endless temper tantrum is backfiring. A lot of people are acting like the five year old who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. And it serves no useful purpose to tell the working class people who are worse off than they were 40 years ago what fuckheads they are to desert the Democrats. That's no way to get them back, and it's backfiring too.

But anyone who thinks that's smart behavior is welcome to continue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    People are welcome to express their disappointment with how an election turned out, but this endless temper tantrum is backfiring. A lot of people are acting like the five year old who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.
    This is the privileged "everyone gets a trophy no matter how bad we suck" crowd. They know not what it is like to lose and they can't handle it. This the result of gen x parents who baby sat their kids with cartoons and allowed their schools to move away from actual grades to good or best.
    --McCourt

Really all we can do is hope for the best but prep for the worst.

Maybe he will be a damn good President. Maybe he will be a complete shit President. We just went through two terms of Bush and two terms of Obama and we are still here.

He's going to get his chance, obviously.

I don't have much confidence in the guy to deliver anything; but who knows - I hope he'll be a great President who manages to turn his detractors into supporters.

I was at the gym this morning and saw some news items scrolling by on one of the TV's - there was a report that 70% of the anti-Trump protesters arrested in Portland didn't even vote.

Damn - you're so unhappy with the legal results of a proper election that you feel the need to take to the streets; but you couldn't be bothered to participate in the process that gave us that result when your participation might have made a difference.

Incredible.

In part this election was a backlash against the horrible dictatorship of political correctness that the news and entertainment media have imposed on Americans. The people in those media thought that Trump's political incorrectness would defeat him, but in fact it helped him win.

So what will those media do now? Does anyone think they'll ease off on it? Hell no! Of course they won't! They'll double down on it, and will even further antagonize people and marginalize themselves.

navallint Guest
    The SJW's need to be fenced in and held accountable for the crap they stir. I was watching video's on YT, and my blood started boiling.Weather you like it or not he is going to be our president. Instead of ranting for his failure I think we should hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    The SJW's need to be fenced in and held accountable for the crap they stir. I was watching video's on YT, and my blood started boiling.Weather you like it or not he is going to be our president. Instead of ranting for his failure I think we should hope for the best.
    Word. But they don't deserve to be mowed down as I saw in a video on FB this morning.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

One wonders why liberals like our mod et al want to be told what is good for them rather than the reverse. Sure, we should take care of the inept, mentally deficit and the ne'r do wells, but to give them an equal share by taking away resources from those that actually contribute to advancing their unfortunate lot is suicide by dictatorship.

Last edited by cindyt; 11-16-2016 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Heads up

Entertainers exist to entertain people, and reporters exist to tell people what happened. Neither exist to tell people how to vote. They need to learn their places.

Nobody wants people who can't fend for themselves to receive an "equal share" with founders of corporations. But no country that loudly calls itself great all the time should have so many people living on sidewalks. That's disgraceful.

Not sure where you get this "liberals want to be told what to do." Seems the rules about what you can't do (be different, have a choice, equal rights amongst gays/straights etc, different religions, etc) all come from the more conservative side.

With liberals it's all about "You can't say that."

A lot of people enjoyed seeing Trump tell the almighty PC police to go fuck themselves and get away with it. I'm not a Trump supporter but I enjoyed it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Domino, please do not quote posts which break the rules. I know it's hard not to. Been there done that. But when you quote a post like the above it puts legs on it. If something seems suspect, report it or send a staff a PM.
    Oh crap, I'm sorry Cindy. I didn't even realized it broke the rules. I was just so dumbfounded by the statement that was made. Thanks for the reminder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cindy, only the first paragraph is my post.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    Cindy, only the first paragraph is my post.
    I beg your pardon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    A lot of people enjoyed seeing Trump tell the almighty PC police to go fuck themselves and get away with it. I'm not a Trump supporter but I enjoyed it immensely.
    Ha! I saw that too. Far from being a supporter, but I admit to enjoying seeing the PC police being taken down a few pegs.

Why didn't Trump's mistreatment of women kill his candidacy? It's because Hillary and the Democrats gave Slick Willie a free pass for that same behavior, then turned around and pretended to feel aghast about what Trump did. Nobody bought into that.

The backlash against PC content is here, and Trump's election was a result of that. ESPN's ratings are down because their commentators spew peevish PC boilerplate that nobody asked them for. The NFL's ratings are down because marginal players who live in huge mansions flaunt their distaste for the country that made them so rich. And so on.

The media are carrying on about the huge protests against Trump in Chicago, but you have to wonder why those people aren't protesting the city's appalling murder rate. Isn't it because very few of the killers are white? Just this week the grandson of a black congressman from Chicago was killed for his shoes. You can hold your breath until a protest gets staged over that.

The news and entertainment media thought they could never chase people away with their endless and gratuitous propaganda, but it's finally happening. People are tired of the likes of Samantha Bee and John Oliver haranguing and scolding them, and it's going to hit the media in the wallet hard.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-19-2016 at 02:28 PM.

I'm a nice person by nature. I wouldn't blatantly go out of my way to offend someone. I get confused by what people consider being "PC" and what is just plain human decency/good manners. If being kind to your fellow human beings is being TOO "PC", that scares me. So the question really is, where is the line? Can we ever find a real balance? If we don't find a common ground, how can we go forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Missa310 View Post
    I'm a nice person by nature. I wouldn't blatantly go out of my way to offend someone. I get confused by what people consider being "PC" and what is just plain human decency/good manners. If being kind to your fellow human beings is being TOO "PC", that scares me. So the question really is, where is the line? Can we ever find a real balance? If we don't find a common ground, how can we go forward?
    When I was growing up, it went like this:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

It still applies, some people today though seem to think that they should be treated with respect, consideration and courtesy while acting otherwise themselves.

Yes, I see this happening as well.

Exactly.

It still applies, some people today though seem to think that they should be treated with respect, consideration and courtesy while acting otherwise themselves.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The backlash against PC content is here, and Trump's election was a result of that. ESPN's ratings are down because their commentators spew peevish PC boilerplate that nobody asked them for. The NFL's ratings are down because marginal players who live in huge mansions flaunt their distaste for the country that made them so rich. And so on.
    One can dislike what their country is doing without disrespecting the country. I love the country but I absolutely hate many of the things people are doing to it.

The news and entertainment media thought they could never chase people away with their endless and gratuitous propaganda, but it's finally happening. People are tired of the likes of Samantha Bee and John Oliver haranguing and scolding them, and it's going to hit the media in the wallet hard.
    This part is true. Name calling will convince no one of anything.

I will continue to point out that we are going to have to pay dearly for the violence we have inflicted on others.

No, I don't believe there's a God who punishes and rewards ethnic groups for what their ancestors did, and I don't think any liberals really believe that either. It just sounds sort of righteous, which is why they say it.

The Democrats demanded identity politics, but they also made it off-limits for white people. That's political correctness. And now it's finally reached its expiration date and has to be discarded.

A lot of white people are saying, "Wait a minute. Why can't we do that stuff too? If we're really so awful, then why do the people who are attacking us want to live in our neighborhoods, attend our schools and so on?'"

And 68 percent of the people in this country are white. So the Democrats will find out that going down that road was a huge blunder.

Sure, black NFL players have the right to disrespect the flag. But there will be consequences. People who don't like that stuff have the right to stop buying tickets and to stop watching the NFL on television, and as a result these indulged and overpaid players of kids' games will make less money.

That's what's happening. You're seeing it.

If the choice you give people is to concede or retaliate, then they're going to retaliate. That's where the country is now. Liberals will have to acknowledge reality and back off from political correctness. It's backfiring on them. It worked for a while because of white guilt, but they've badly overplayed their hand.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-22-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Let me add that if push came to shove in the United States, most Asians and Latinos would probably end up siding with whites. So where would that leave blacks, who make up only 13 percent of the population, and their white liberal allies? Not in a good position. Liberals need to pull the plug on identity politics, fast.

This stuff is what turned liberals into a joke and got Trump elected. How to explain Trump to your children? Are you kidding me?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...king-the-kids/

This stuff is what turned liberals into a joke and got Trump elected. How to explain Trump to your children? Are you kidding me?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...king-the-kids/
    We don't consider ourselves "liberal" or "conservative" mainly because we don't care for labels, But I found this article Kind of food for thought (so to speak) and rather interesting:https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d620de18cd8b
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 11-25-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    We don't consider ourselves "liberal" or "conservative" mainly because we don't care for labels, But I found this article Kind of food for thought (so to speak) and rather interesting:https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d620de18cd8b
    Interesting but hardly surprising to me.

I believe the thing (I predict) that will catch a lot of his followers off guard will be when he comes out in support of more restrictive gun laws. People bought into the idea that he's a conservative; he said so - kind of - after all. That one is going to cause a few heads to explode. This guy is no conservative. He's not anything except the world's biggest Trump fan. As incredible and as improbable as it may seem to some; this born rich and privileged billionaire playboy will not be the champion of or the advocate for ol' working Joe Average.

Interesting but hardly surprising to me.

I believe the thing (I predict) that will catch a lot of his followers off guard will be when he comes out in support of more restrictive gun laws. People bought into the idea that he's a conservative; he said so - kind of - after all. That one is going to cause a few heads to explode. This guy is no conservative. He's not anything except the world's biggest Trump fan. As incredible and as improbable as it may seem to some; this born rich and privileged billionaire playboy will not be the champion of or the advocate for ol' working Joe Average.
    Hi Jim, Exactly- My husband predicted the same thing about the gun laws..
    Its already starting coming out that he has basically made chumps out of his supporters..Thought that would happen...First thing that was a turn off for us was the arrogance, His blurting and bullying..
    I'm sure there will be more to come in this saga!

Last edited by hisandhearse; 11-25-2016 at 09:25 PM.

I believe the thing (I predict) that will catch a lot of his followers off guard will be when he comes out in support of more restrictive gun laws. People bought into the idea that he's a conservative; he said so - kind of - after all. That one is going to cause a few heads to explode. This guy is no conservative.
    From what I read, the NRA never wavered in their support, even during the darkest points of his campaign. He might be inclined to reward such fealty.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't get into politics much, but I have to say, this is really starting to show me the true colors of some of my friends. The ones who are running around basically crying that the sky is falling are getting to be too much. I say wait it out and see what happens. I have one friend who is telling a lesbian friend of mine about how she should be scared and they are going to take away all her rights and lock her up and this and that. My best friend, who is also a lesbian, thinks this is insane. She is not panicking, she's going to see what happens too.

Do I think his presidency will be wonderful? No. Do I think we're all going to hell in a handbasket? No. I'll just wait and see. If something happens that I really don't like I will do what is in my power to let my voice be heard. I've made it through every other president where people thought the world was going to come to an end and I'm still here, and I'd say for the most part things are better, in general, than they were in the past. We've made a lot of progress over the last 70 or so years, I don't think Trump is going to undo all that.

Can someone explain his immigration views to me? I thought he just wanted to fight against illegal immigrants. If that's the case I don't see a problem with it. They are illegal. Why is that one of the few times people don't seem to care that someone is breaking the law? Now I know he wants to register Muslims or something like that which is ridiculous if they are here legally, but will they really do that? Again, I admit I am too ignorant on pretty much all this stuff, so I guess that's why I don't get those who think the US is going to come crashing to an end in the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I don't get into politics much, but I have to say, this is really starting to show me the true colors of some of my friends. The ones who are running around basically crying that the sky is falling are getting to be too much. I say wait it out and see what happens. I have one friend who is telling a lesbian friend of mine about how she should be scared and they are going to take away all her rights and lock her up and this and that. My best friend, who is also a lesbian, thinks this is insane. She is not panicking, she's going to see what happens too.
    Trump is in favor of gay rights. End of story.

I thought he just wanted to fight against illegal immigrants. If that's the case I don't see a problem with it. They are illegal. Why is that one of the few times people don't seem to care that someone is breaking the law?
    Among other things, mass unskilled immigration pushes up corporate profits and pushes down working-class wages, which is why the elite favors it. If you're college-educated and making good money, you're making even better money, relatively speaking, thanks to illegal immigration. Note that Canada, which has little illegal immigration and favors skills and wealth over family reunification with regards to selecting immigrants, has less income inequality than does the U.S.

Now I know he wants to register Muslims or something like that which is ridiculous if they are here legally, but will they really do that?
    One of his advisors floated that idea, but his main proposal post-election is to more-carefully vet immigrants from certain Muslim countries where extremism is rampant.

Meanwhile, I read casual remarks in Canadian business news that Trump's hidden agenda is growing the U.S. economy and creating jobs for U.S. workers.

Delta apologizes after passenger profanity-laced Trump rant

Talking about Hillary whiners, Trump boasters need to get over his election. Duh.
    "Donald Trump, baby," the man yells to his fellow passengers as he stood and clapped. "We got some Hillary (expletives) on here? Come on, baby. Trump!".
    http://www.ajc.com/news/national/del...W4rbsxOd7NiIL/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post

One of his advisors floated that idea, but his main proposal post-election is to more-carefully vet immigrants from certain Muslim countries where extremism is rampant.

Meanwhile, I read casual remarks in Canadian business news that Trump's hidden agenda is growing the U.S. economy and creating jobs for U.S. workers.
    While I do not have a problem with your other points I would fire anyone that would even suggest registering people over their beliefs.

The question is being asked, when will the white working class realize that Trump has scammed it? A better question is, when will the Democratic party realize that the white working class is worse off than it was 40 years ago, and that the Democrats can no longer brush those people off?

The question is being asked, when will the white working class realize that Trump has scammed it? A better question is, when will the Democratic party realize that the white working class is worse off than it was 40 years ago, and that the Democrats can no longer brush those people off?
    I don't know if it can be boiled down to simply that.

I'm white.
    I'm working class.
    I'm conservative.

I've voted Republican in every Presidential election since I was first old enough to vote.

Reagan, Bush the 1st, Dole, Bush the 2nd, McCain, then Romney. I wasn't always necessarily happy with those choices but I didn't have a problem walking in and casting my ballot.

I voted for Clinton this time around. I'm sure some people; maybe even most - I can't say - might abandon the Dems for the reason you state; but I don't really tend to think that fully explains it. I especially don't think that explains it in the case of younger voters who haven't voted in elections going back 20+ years and can't compare from personal experience how their status or the economic status of the country in general has evolved over the last 40 years.

There's more at work here than that; I sure as hell don't get it because the only thing that could have even made me consider voting for Trump was the fact that Hillary was the other side of the coin; but even that wasn't enough to make me go down that crazy road.

More specifically, Trump has addressed the loss of good-paying factory jobs that we lost because of the globalization that the Cllintons peddled. That's why he won the Rust Belt and thus the presidency.

Does that mean he's going to solve the problem? A smart person wouldn't bet on it. But he's the only national figure besides Sanders who has even addressed it.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

More specifically, Trump has addressed the loss of good-paying factory jobs that we lost because of the globalization that the Cllintons peddled. That's why he won the Rust Belt and thus the presidency.

Does that mean he's going to solve the problem? A smart person wouldn't bet on it. But he's the only national figure besides Sanders who has even addressed it.
    No doubt that appealed to a wide audience.

The trouble I see with it; and what others might see with it if they consider this is that those good paying factory jobs can't come back without impacting the production costs of the manufacturers; which means that everybody pays more for those products; which means that most will opt to buy cheaper imported stuff in the absence of tariffs to inflate the prices of those products and render the American made stuff price competitive.

It's not just due to globalization, it's also just plain economics and business - American workers in certain industries have simply priced themselves out of the competition. I tend to think that unions had a big hand in that.

Back in the 80's I worked with a guy from Pittsburgh who went to work in the steel mills right out of high school making very good money. He bragged that on the late shift he and others could go to secluded parts of the plant and sleep for 2 or 3 hours - they just had to be back at their stations at certain times when the supervisors came through checking on things.

When I pointed out that part of the reason those jobs didn't exist anymore was because while he was sleeping for $20 per hour, some guy in Japan was busting ass to turn out as much as he could as fast as he could for a fraction of the wage; the guy just got pissed.

I'm not saying that's the case with all American workers, just that it happens. If you build widgets that command a certain price in the market; and you can pay workers to make those widgets either $20 per hour or $5 per hour what would you do? Consider also that some of those $20 an hour guys just show up to get a check, complaining about how they should be paid more; while that $5 an hour foreign worker is happy and motivated because they have a "dream job".

Our industries also have to contend with regulations that they don't have elsewhere. The environmental rules of course are necessary; we are the shepherds of this planet and we need to lead the world in preserving and protecting it from ourselves.