Thread: Michael/Kathleen Peterson

Question Michael/Kathleen Peterson

Does anyone know if there is a thread about this already? I don't want to duplicate but my search results are not producing anything... It's been wrong before tho.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Sorry mods, but I couldn't find another thread about this.

Seems Michael Peterson has been released from prison after a judge ruled that State Bureau of Investigation agent Duane Deaver misled jurors about bloodstain evidence.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/dec/...am-ar-1717617/

This is a shame. I thought he did it. Not so much based on the blood spatter evicdence, but the blunt force trauma and the fact that a friend of his died in the same manner in Germany some years before. I was hooked to this trial. I remember watching it when I got my first apartment on my own and could control the remote, lol.

Jayne Velez Mitchell devoted quite a bit of time on her show to Michael Peterson's release tonight (12/15/11). Apparently it was found that the blood splatter expert used in this trial falsified evidence not only in this case but others, as well. I have seen TV specials about this case. Apparently, the prosecuting attorney will have to decide whether or not to re-try Michael Peterson.

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    This is a shame. I thought he did it. Not so much based on the blood spatter evicdence, but the blunt force trauma and the fact that a friend of his died in the same manner in Germany some years before. I was hooked to this trial. I remember watching it when I got my first apartment on my own and could control the remote, lol.
    I found that too coincidentalas well but the man's arrogance is what got me.

Currently watching a docu-series about Peterson called "The Staircase". Has anyone else seen this and if so, what are yr thoughts?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/?ref_=sr_1

warning dead pics!

you can see some of the crime scene photos at 0:40.

actually you can see her head (first crime pic) at 0:40 (creepy) down the stairs ΄

so sad about what happened to her..

http://www.ovguide.com/video/abundan...0e12313d273c97
    Last edited by viki; 04-02-2013 at 12:02 PM.

^^ Wow good find
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by viki View Post
    warning dead pics!

you can see some of the crime scene photos at 0:40.

actually you can see her head (first crime pic) at 0:40 (creepy) down the stairs ΄

so sad about what happened to her..

http://www.ovguide.com/video/abundan...0e12313d273c97
    Fascinating clip. It was weird-looking to me how you can see her head resting on the top "landing" stair, facing up the staircase as if she's looking up...then the rest of her body sort of hangs down from there, legs spread straight out. I'm no forensics expert, but I'd be surprised to see a body land like that, and end up in such a final position, after going BLAMMO into the stairwell wall and falling from there. I'd frankly expect her head to tumble to the floor & her legs to stay above or sideways.

I didn't realize Michael had been exonerated. The show I'd seen on this case did not show her body (just showed the area of demise, with the tons of blood all over, body removed).
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    I'm no forensics expert, but I'd be surprised to see a body land like that, and end up in such a final position, after going BLAMMO into the stairwell wall and falling from there. I'd frankly expect her head to tumble to the floor & her legs to stay above or sideways. ).
    I was thinking the exact same thing. How can a body land like that. According to her autopsy report “The cause of the death in this case was due to severe concussive injury of the brain caused by multiple blunt force impacts of the head. The number, severity, locations and orientation of these injuries are inconsistent with a fall down stairs. Instead, they are indicative of multiple impacts received as a result of beating”

warning! more dead pics

http://lci.tf1.fr/cinema/series/doss...1-5008176.html

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_cDT...kV5c2k&index=7

at 00:08' you can see her autopsy photo (same link if you want to see all the staircase episodes)
    Last edited by viki; 04-04-2013 at 11:39 AM.

MarilynMonroeFan Guest
    Okay, watching the docu now and I'm only 10 mins in and he did it. How can someone fall down the stairs and have THAT much blood?

He did it alright, he also killed his first wife in the same manner, IIRC.

Can someone refresh my memory, how the hell did this nutjob manage to get away with this?

Liz Ratliff died under mysterious circumstances. On November 25, 1985, she was found dead at the bottom of her staircase surrounded by pools of blood. An autopsy at the time of her death concluded she had died from an intra-cerebral haemorrhage secondary to the blood coagulation disorder Von Willebrand's disease. The coroner determined that the haemorrhage resulted in immediate death followed by Ratliff falling down the stairs after collapsing.
    When Elizabeth Ratliff's body was exhumed from a Texas grave and autopsied by the North Carolina medical examiner's office in 2003, it was determined she had been murdered. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Ratliff
    http://www.peterson-staircase.com/el...h_ratliff.html

Both victims found at the bottom of the stairway
    Large amount of blood present at both scenes
    Both victims are female
    Both victims in mid 40's
    Both victims had a close, personal relationship with the defendant
    Both reported severe headaches before death
    The time of day was similar
    They both had social lives with Mr. Peterson
    Peterson was the last known person to see both of them alive
    No evidence of forced entry
    No evidence of property taken
    The defendant was the one that reported to authorities that the death was by accidental fall
    Both die due to head wounds
    Same number of scalp lacerations
    Same general location of scalp lacerations
    Both victims had defensive wounds
    Both places blood spatter was high up on the wall
    The defendant was in charge of their effects afterwards
    He was in charge of each estate
    He received money and goods after each death
    There were no eye witnesses to either death
    No weapon was recovered after the death

http://www.peterson-staircase.com/el...h_ratliff.html

Holy crap!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Plus the autopsy read that some of her head wounds were inflicted hours before death and she was found with hair in her hands and there was blood on her feet and under her nails. No friggen way she fell down the stairs. I think he started beating her and she was freaking out and running away and he pushed her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Michael Peterson has got to be one of the luckiest men alive. Well, "lucky" probably isn't quite the right word...

And he got away with it..Mike Peterson walks free as 15-year murder case ends with plea deal..
    "Mike Peterson walked out of a Durham County courtroom a convicted felon but a free man after pleading guilty to killing his wife more than 15 years ago.
    He entered an Alford plea to a charge of voluntary manslaughter. Under an Alford plea, a defendant can maintain his or her innocence while acknowledging prosecutors have enough evidence for a conviction".
    http://www.wral.com/mike-peterson-wa...deal/16546848/

Don't you mean Drew Peterson?? Who the hell is Michael Peterson???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

navallint Guest

Sorry! Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anybody watch the updated version of ??The Staircase? on Netflix? What did you think? Did he do it?

I haven't seen it yet

Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    Anybody watch the updated version of “The Staircase” on Netflix? What did you think? Did he do it?
    I go back and forward to be honest. There are a lot of reasons it's possible he did but there are also some that prove the opposite. I guess it all boils down if she knew about him and the other guys. As the prosecution said, how can you say you love someone and they are your soulmate while messaging other men to go and have sex with. Maybe she did know and she was fine or at the least did the usual head in the sand thing most do. Or she found out and they had it out that night. I can't remember if he said they were drinking or not but if they were maybe she finally blurted out she knew and everything kicked off?