Thread: Jean Paul Toulan - Singer for Pre-Teen Punk Band "Old Skull"

Jean Paul Toulan - Singer for Pre-Teen Punk Band "Old Skull"

http://www.spinner.com/2010/11/22/j-...ld-skull-dead/

Came across this while trying to find out how his father (from Missing Foundation) died.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I remember them!!!

They were awful. They played the "Homeless" video on MTV frequently back in the late 80s. My friends and I were immensely humored byt the simple chanting of homeless and would laugh hysterically at the ending verse of "I hate you Ronald Reagan".
    My guess is drugs. The parents were in Missing Foundation an offshoot of the drug infested Lower East Side No Wave movement.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Both of his parents were dead & from the comments is sounds like he killed himself.

I wonder what kind of train accident his mom died in.

Apparently his younger brother (also in Old Skull) died this summer:
    http://rocktelegraph.blogspot.com/2011/06/jamie-toulon-dies.html
    The whole family is dead. Father died homeless mom got hit by a train.
    Yikes.

ssn5 Guest

Unhappy Old Skull

Probably one of the most tragic stories in Rock. Old Skull was a punk rock group started by brothers JP Toulon and Jamie Toulan (aged 10 and 9 respectively) along with their friend Jesse Collins Davis. The Toulan brothers parents were involved in the Madison, Wisconsin punk scene and heavily encouraged their children's musical efforts. Restless Records released their debut album "Get Outta School" in 1989 and the band subsequently opened for Gwar, The Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth. Unfortunately the boys were orphaned at a young age and fell into a life of addiction and homelessness. JP passed away in 2010 from a rumored overdose and Jamie committed suicide in 2011. An all around tragedy, especially since they had some real chops for their age. Check out their song Pizza Man it's hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byEHgi2nUE

ssn5 Guest
    Oops my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn5 View Post
    Oops my bad.
    Next time, please do a search before starting a new thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD