Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16 & Pregnant / Teen Mom (MTV-Shows)

Lita Guest

16 and Pregnant

Sorry if theres a thread on this but a searched turned up 500 results with the word pregnant in it. Anybody watch this show on MTV? I'm almost ashamed that I'm watching a hsow on MTV but its really fasinating. This girl Catelynn and her boyfriend Tyler are pregnant with a girl. They're actually very mature for their age. Tyler even said "Can you imagine how screwed up this kid would be if we kept it?" So they're leaning towards adoption and they picked out this great family for their baby. It's shocking to me how mature they are about this. Catelynn's friend asked her if she would be able to give up the baby after holding her. Catelynn's answer floored me. She said she's not going to hold the baby because she doesn't want to do the selfish thing and keep the baby. The crazy thing and the thing that sucked me is that both teens' parents are against the adoption. They want their kids to raise this baby. It's a total reverse of what you'd expect. You'd expect the kids to want to raise the baby and the parents pushing adoption.

Catelynn and Tyler were the only two who seemed to have it together. All of the other people on this show were just rather stupid and trashy imho. C & T's episode was by far the best. Their parents however were a total mess. I was floored by them on so many levels. Tyler's father had absolutely no grounds to talk about "stepping up" if he spent his son's entire life in prison. It was sad that they didn't have more support.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I watched it the other night when they gave the baby up for adoption. They seem to have way more sense than their own parents do.

I watched a bunch of these last weekend. I didn't see the Catelynn and Tyler episode, but most of the other ones. The two girls that stuck out to me as trying to do their best to be single teen moms were Farrah (the cheerleader, although her mother was kind of a bitch) and the girl who lived with her bf (can't remember her name, but his name was Ryan) and he was always going out with his friends and didn't spend any time with his son.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I watched a bunch of these last weekend. I didn't see the Catelynn and Tyler episode, but most of the other ones. The two girls that stuck out to me as trying to do their best to be single teen moms were Farrah (the cheerleader, although her mother was kind of a bitch) and the girl who lived with her bf (can't remember her name, but his name was Ryan) and he was always going out with his friends and didn't spend any time with his son.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Farrah's mom was a bitch.
    She seemed way too concerned about teaching Farrah that it's your baby you take care of it. I wont help you. What a douche.

Farrah's mom was a total bitch. So was Catelynn's mom. I couldn't believe C&T's parents actually advocated keeping the baby. With the way they acted, it's a wonder C&T turned out decently.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I have mixed feelings on this show. On one hand, I can see that hey want to show how hard it is to get pregnant at such a young age. But you know loads of girls are going to want to be on tv & get knocked up.

I thought Farrah was a whiny, spoiled brat. She had a baby & expected her mom to get up at night? And she expected her mom to buy her a cute car?? She was no doubt more mature than some of the others but I was blown away by how much she thought she deserved.

I was also blown away by the guy who did ALL the work for that one girl. She slept in, didn't get up at night when the baby cried, & her sweet little bf was always up in a flash. My 30 yr old husband never did that!!

I don't know how I got into watching this show too, but it got me hooked, watching these kids. The last episode of Tyler and Catelynn made me a bit teary. They really were mature (for their age) and made a hard but good decision for that time in their life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Layla331 Guest
    i saw one where the girl was living with her grandmother..and her and her mom were pregnant at the same time...and then her bf moved in..and in one scene her grandma whooped her ass in the car..it was like a train wreck i couldnt stop lookin...then her and the bf kept the baby and moved into the boys moms attic and lived happily ever after lol

Lita Guest
    This is the only episode I've watched. They're going to do some after-show follow up thing with all of the girls and boys. It seemed like Catelynn was the only one who didn't keep her baby and made the selfless decision to give her baby a better life. The one thing my mom ever said to me that kept me from having sex in high school was, I was 11 or 12, and I asked her what she thought my dad would do if I got pregnant in high school. Her answer was "Probably sit down and cry." I'm a daddy's girl and I never wanted to make my dad cry so I waited until I was out of high school.

NOVSTORM Guest
    i would think that if you are old enough to have sex, have a baby that you are old enough to get your ass out of bed and take care of it. I believe the mothers have done their time wirth dirty diapers and getting up in the middle of the night? The mothgers of these babies need to take care of their own kids. The parents are supporting them. baby food diapers a place to live for free. Yup I always told my kid if you get yourself pregnant you better be ready to take care of your baby. I did my time and I am not doing it for you, you want to keep your baby you better be mature enough to work,support and take care of that baby 24 '7 just like I did . If the parents force kids to keep babies they don't want because they want them, the parents best be prepared to raise those babies themselves. I always think of little Caylee Anthony ,her mother wanted to give her up for adoption and her grand mother forced her to keep a child she didn't want and now little Caylee is dead and her mother is in jail.. Parents need to think before forcing kids to be parents before they are ready.

Bee1001 Guest
    There's a reunion show on Thursday night. Apparently to catch up on everyone?

At 29, I am still terrified of motherhood. I used to have dreams about getting pregnant in high school. I'd always wake up relieved that I wasn't really pregnant.

Once after making out with my high school boyfriend, I actually took a pregnancy test. There wasn't even genital contact between the two of us -- I was just that terrified.

Maruz83 Guest
    I got sucked into this show. I think most of the girls are brats who think people need to take care of them, and be happy that in some cases they ruined their life. I think they girl who gave up her child was very brave, and mature.

I got sucked in also. I kept yelling at the tv, thinking how easy did these girls think it was gonna be?
    Catelynn & Tyler made the hardest decision but the best decision. Wise beyond their years and so much more mature than their parents.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

The impression I got from Farrah wasn't that she wanted her mom to help her all the time, just every now and then. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought. Most grandparents keep their grandchildren at least occasionally, so despite Farrah's age, I didn't think her asking for a little help was so wrong. I know if my daughter got pregnant at 16, I would try to help her simply so she could graduate high school and try to have a better life for herself and my grandchild. Now, that doesn't mean I'd be doing all the 2 am feedings or even doing them regularly, mind you. But for something important like finals week or the night before the SAT's, yeah, I'd get up. Farrah's mom struck me as the kind of woman who wouldn't do that, then be all angry at Farrah for flunking a test for lack of sleep. Even adults need a break from their kids sometimes, so while raising a baby for a 16 year old isn't the right answer, neither is condemning them for needing a break or some help, too (not saying anyone here is). Teen parenting is a big gray area for me, I guess. I never was pregnant as a teen, or really knew anyone who was, so I'm not sure why it is, LOL!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I didn't get that vibe from Farrah, I got that she wanted to sleep & wanted her mom to get up & deal with the baby. her mom seemed willing to do some, but not most. I thought she was too controlling in some cases, but for the most part she was determined to make her daughter grow up & take responsibility for her own daughter.

I wonder where the truth really lies. They edit those reality shows so that sometimes you just don't know.

Catelynn's mom was way over the line no matter how they edited it, though. I understand she was upset, but damn. Calling Catelynn a bitch for not taking her to meet the prospective parents...I totally understand why she didn't!!

And did anyone else think Ebony (the Air Force mama) had that swing going way too fast for that little baby? I can't stop thinking that when I see it, LOL!

Nicki Guest
    I also was very impressed with Catelynn and her boyfriend Tyler. Very mature for their age and what they were dealing with. They seem to realize what a Train wreck they had grown up in and wanted much more for their child. The parents had Zero mentality. Tylers dad spent 10 years in prison ...not sure what for but from the looks of the guy he must have been into some heavy drugs somewhere!
    I would love to see a a sequel on how Catelynn & Tyler lives work out in the future. They really did appear to be on the same page and very much in love.

. Check out her update below...
    Being pregnant as a teen was difficult, but it made me determined to finish school and go to college. It pushed me to do more and grow up.
    The filming of this show was amazing. I grew really close to the crew -- they became like family. There were a couple of times when I just wanted them to go away because I had so much on my mind, but overall I'm very happy I did this. I put my story out there and hopefully helped millions of young girls who are going through the same thing I did.
    Since filming wrapped, I've just been hanging out with friends and enjoying summer. There's not a day that passes that I don't think about my little girl, but I'm 100% confident in my decision.
    I'm at peace with myself, especially knowing that my daughter is well loved and taken care of.

Bee1001 Guest
    Everytime I'd catch the episode with Farrah, I'd always miss the part about who knocked her up. Where was that guy at?

c l p Guest
    i have no sympathy with these young girls who get out here and get pregnant. i feel sorry for the baby.there are to many forms of birthcontroll out here for there to be so many unwanted and surprised pregnancys. and there is so much information more than when i was a kid. my mom had to be drunk befor she could even talk about sex. but i put the pieces together anyway. women want to talk about having controll of there bodies how about practicing restraint, and birthcontroll. it is every store. school, doctors office.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post
    Everytime I'd catch the episode with Farrah, I'd always miss the part about who knocked her up. Where was that guy at?
    She wasn't with him anymore and IIRC, she didn't even tell him she was pregnant. He may have found out, of course. They showed him calling her at work once, but she basically blew him off.

Sodapop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c l p View Post
    i have no sympathy with these young girls who get out here and get pregnant. i feel sorry for the baby.there are to many forms of birthcontroll out here for there to be so many unwanted and surprised pregnancys. and there is so much information more than when i was a kid. my mom had to be drunk befor she could even talk about sex. but i put the pieces together anyway. women want to talk about having controll of there bodies how about practicing restraint, and birthcontroll. it is every store. school, doctors office.
    The males have a part in that whole "get out here and get pregnant" thing, too.

I cried over the Catelynn and Tyler episode, especially when they were so determined to not see the baby so they wouldn't get attached and he was whispering in her ear "It's all for her, it's all for her, she's going to have a great life".
    God, that just killed me.

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    She wasn't with him anymore and IIRC, she didn't even tell him she was pregnant. He may have found out, of course. They showed him calling her at work once, but she basically blew him off.

Well, he definitely knows now, doesn't he?

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this show. On one hand, I can see that hey want to show how hard it is to get pregnant at such a young age. But you know loads of girls are going to want to be on tv & get knocked up.

I thought Farrah was a whiny, spoiled brat. She had a baby & expected her mom to get up at night? And she expected her mom to buy her a cute car?? She was no doubt more mature than some of the others but I was blown away by how much she thought she deserved.

I was also blown away by the guy who did ALL the work for that one girl. She slept in, didn't get up at night when the baby cried, & her sweet little bf was always up in a flash. My 30 yr old husband never did that!!
    I almost felt guilty watching it at first because it seemed to glamourize teen pregnancy, but then it shows the bad side too.I kind of enjoyed that sitting with my girls . I said to them SEE! Babies are cute when they ARE NOT YOURS! Look at them struggle!
    Last edited by WendyK; 07-20-2009 at 08:57 PM.

WendyK Guest
    Well, he definitely knows now, doesn't he?

I was wondering the same thing???? WTF?

According to my daughter he didn't want nothing to do with her or the baby and her mom was the one that decided to keep him totally out of the picture?

djdeath-hag Guest
    I've never seen this show....but am reminded of Juno. I'm not one of those folks who is all about the right to life, being born as gay male, this is one issue that I respectfully leave up to those who are not uterus-challenged....and their partners. I think that adoption is an excellent option for women who find themselves enduring an unexpected/unwanted pregnancy, yet I would never step on the rights of women to choose or question their motives.

WendyK Guest
    I was only 17 when I found out I was pregnant and you know what the first thing the nurse asked me???? If I considered keeping my child.I was pissed.

I have been watching this show and the epi when Tyler tells her it's all for her makes me want to cry all over again. Those two kids are so brave. I couldn't believe how selfish their parents were being.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

30. 01-21-2011, 08:17 AM

GODDESS6 Guest
    i watch because farrah lives by me~ i honestly think mtv didn't want to glorify teen pregnancy when they started either series~ alot of these girls lives seem pretty miserable even before they got pregnant, only to be compounded w/ a baby so young & immature cheating boyfriends who don't stay around, well most of them~ but somewhere along the way it all has gotten skewered~

i do think mtv was trying to use the shows as a tool to show how hard life can be if you become a teen mom~ they've shown all aspects: keeping the baby vs adoption, parents who are supportive & parents who are not, girls from both financially wealthier families & girls w/ families just getting by, girls who are pregnant at the same time their mothers are~ we have also seen some of the father's stick around, we've seen domestic violence & even a look back at a couple who got pregnant a second time & opted to have an abortion~ but instead of teens looking at the big picture, they see all the money these girls are making, all the magazine covers they are on...tho if they actually stopped & read alot of the stuff written in the actual articles, i don't see how any young girl would purposely put themselves in a position of being a teen mom just to get on a show~ but sadly that is what has happened~

I've seen to many Maury Povich re-runs to be interested. This has sparked my curiosity a little so maybe I'll check it out. I have a 2 year old daughter so it is never too early to start my "research"

Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    i saw one where the girl was living with her grandmother..and her and her mom were pregnant at the same time...and then her bf moved in..and in one scene her grandma whooped her ass in the car..it was like a train wreck i couldnt stop lookin...then her and the bf kept the baby and moved into the boys moms attic and lived happily ever after lol
    Loves me a good train wreck.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

mstee2u1972 Guest
    I believe it was in People magazine that I read Farrah's baby's father died in a car accident.

I see parts of this show from time to time and I really hope these young girls are getting the message that teen pregnancy isn't glamorous or cute. Why would a teenager want the responsibiity of a child at a time when they should be enjoying school, friends, activities, and the prospect of college? It takes more than a notion to have and raise a child. If it is hard for single moms in their 20's and up to take care of babies on their own, I don't know what makes these teens think it will be a piece of cake for them. The baby is not a toy doll!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    He died in a car accident and didn't even know Farrah was pregnant she had just found out when he died.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-24-2011 at 11:59 AM.

The new episodes make me so mad, The one Teen mother who keeps going out and her mom takes care of the baby and she keeps yelling at her mom calling her names and such and telling her mom to eff off. Cant remember her name but her sons name is Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    He died in a car accident and didn't even know Farrah was pregnant she had just found out when he died.
    Yeah, they finally made that clear in "Teen Mom," but not right away. Kind of crappy how they sort of made it seem like Derek just wasn't around, like a deadbeat, at first.

Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    The new episodes make me so mad, The one Teen mother who keeps going out and her mom takes care of the baby and she keeps yelling at her mom calling her names and such and telling her mom to eff off. Cant remember her name but her sons name is Jace.
    I can't remember her name either! The relationship between the two is ugly! I agree that she should be more respectful to her mother and not be calling her names. The mother has been gracious enough to provide a home for the girl and her child; however, the mother should also learn to step back and let the girl parent her child. She tends to take over every little thing - picking out which clothes the baby will wear, changing diapers, purposefully trying to get the child to choose her when the mom is holding him, etc.

orionova Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    I can't remember her name either! The relationship between the two is ugly! I agree that she should be more respectful to her mother and not be calling her names. The mother has been gracious enough to provide a home for the girl and her child; however, the mother should also learn to step back and let the girl parent her child. She tends to take over every little thing - picking out which clothes the baby will wear, changing diapers, purposefully trying to get the child to choose her when the mom is holding him, etc.
    It's not just mothers of teen moms who do this, trying to take over the child as if they were the biological mom. When my son was little, I caught my MIL trying to get him to call her mummy. She also told me to my face that I took her son away from her (huh? He was the ultimate mummy's boy!), and she'd take my son away from me.

If, heaven forbid, my son ever got a girl pregnant, I like to think that I could be helpful without taking over. Once you have a child, that is nature's way of telling you to grow the fuck up.

I wish they would have included another adoption story this season. Being a birthmom myself, I loved watching Catelynn and Tyler's story. I think its also important that if they are going to show the hardships that a teen mom goes through that they need to include adoption as an option. Giving up a child for adoption is just as hard as raising a baby for a teenager, believe me!!
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    her name is jenelle & she's a real piece of work~ she has stupid videos of her slithering all over trying to be sexy on youtube~ i feel so bad for her little boy~ when this girl flipped out on her mom i was so angry~ her mom should have had her arrested~

Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans picks up trash for community servic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'16 and Pregnant' Couple Lose Custody of Child

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ent+-+Mixed%29
    A couple featured on the first season of the MTV reality show "16 and Pregnant" have lost their child to the state and face criminal charges after officers serving a search warrant found their home was filled with feces, flies and maggots, police said Thursday.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Why in the heck would there EVER be human feces on the floor of a house? Really, who does that???

And to think that up until a few days ago openly gay people weren't allowed to serve in the military but they accepted this douchebag with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Why in the heck would there EVER be human feces on the floor of a house? Really, who does that???

And to think that up until a few days ago openly gay people weren't allowed to serve in the military but they accepted this douchebag with open arms.
    they r mcnasty, mcfilthy's

babyblujems Guest
    The only reason I could imagine there being human feces on the floor is from the child. Probably a combination of not being potty trained and not being changed by his parents. So the child ends up getting feces on the floor and it never gets cleaned. Not the child's fault but that of the parents.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    The only reason I could imagine there being human feces on the floor is from the child. Probably a combination of not being potty trained and not being changed by his parents. So the child ends up getting feces on the floor and it never gets cleaned. Not the child's fault but that of the parents.
    That's what I thought too.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, that is probably why the feces is on the floor, but what kind of nasty ass would just leave it there and not clean it up? The smell alone would make me puke!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    Okay, now why didn't that occur to me? lol I was honestly picturing daddy dirtbag getting stoned off his a$$ and deciding, "Why walk all the way to the bathroom???" (Not that that would surprise me!)

They only Maggots in that house are the parents!
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Maggots are definitely evidence of long term filth. How do people get so nasty?