Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 3307

Thread: Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all the new people. Glad your here. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome to all of you. You are now a member of "The Family." Enjoy............

ronniewilliams Guest
    Hi! To all here. I am new here and want to know the basic information about posting or thread writing can any one help me..????

Quote Originally Posted by ronniewilliams View Post
    Hi! To all here. I am new here and want to know the basic information about posting or thread writing can any one help me..????
    Always good to start with the rules and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/faq.php
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jaylene Guest
    Welcome all!! Be careful of John, he bites.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    Welcome all!! Be careful of John, he bites.
    Yes I do.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJDeathHag Guest
    HI everyone.

Long time lurker on FAD.com -- not so long lurker here, and first time poster. Good thing I don't tally all the time killed (pun intended!!) cruising around both or I would probably be worried about myself!

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi NJ and enjoy.........

Hi NJ! Glad to have you on board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

NJDeathHag Guest
    Thanks for the welcome! I've enjoyed reading through some of the older, longer threads -- even posted twice. Now if only those posts will be approved.... hint hint

Hi Everyone! I decided to come out of the shadows and not just lurk anymore (Actually, I finally got an email address that could be used to register).

Let's see- I've been a Death Hag since I was a kid. Big movie geek and Rocky Horror Fan (went to the anniversary screening/convention last year where Barry Bostwick ripped off his pants).

I was born in New Jersey and have lived in NYC, Boston, San Francisco and now LA. You'll be horrified to know that I have yet to take Scott's infamous tour. I can't find any like-minded people interested in going!

Look forward to contributing on these forums!

jaylene Guest
    Welcome Keres!! You found a home here.

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi Keres. Welcome to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Yes I do.
    Bet they are love bites.

Thanks, Jaylene and Donna!

Quote Originally Posted by dustinthewind View Post
    Hello everyone. This looks like a great site!! I have been reading the forum for a while just never registered until today!
    Are we related ?!?!?

And hi and welcome to all the new folks.

DannyTate Guest
    Hey, recently signed on. Live in Boston. Think I get my death hag ways from my father, growing up if he ever asked me if I know who someone was...I knew it was bad news. "Dano, do you know who River Phoenix is?"

Took Scott's DD Tour in Nov when visited LA, highly reccomend. Wish I was able to take the Helter Skelter Tour, since my main death hag fascination is the Tate/LaBianca case. Drove to Cielo Drive on visit, but really wish I could have taken the HS tour but the timing didn't work out.

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi Danny. Welcome to FAD. You'll love it!

Welcome to all the new comers to the forum. Please form a line at the boarding gate. Remove your shoes and belts. Place all you valuables and cash in the basket to my left. Proceed forward. Do you prefer the full body scan or the pat down.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shandi Guest
    Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to say that I feel like I know you all from reading your posts for over a year now. This is the first board that I've ever posted anything on.....I really have no clue what I'm doing most of the time. I grew up in Montana and now live in Nebraska and just a warning to you all.....my spelling SUCKS!!!! I do have a stupid question for everyone..........What is a Troll??? Like when people say don't feed the troll.?

Forever-27 Guest
    A troll is a poster that posts once maybe twice and is gone forever. Or dosent post for whole months or years on end. I guess dont feed the trolls means not to answer someone that never posts anything, or is here today and gone tommorow. Ive never heard the phrase before
    Last edited by Forever-27; 03-19-2011 at 11:13 AM.

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    hello everyone:
    Ive been lurking here for quite an while and just want to say hello. There is so much here! Every night, I get a cup of tea and immerse myself completly in whatever catched my interest. i just finished the random pictures today. glad to be here and will throw in a reply every now and then.

Forever-27 Guest
    Great user name BTW ... Rainy Day Women # 12 and 35. Great Bob Dylan ... Everybody Must Get Stoned

Dont be a troll, pop in and join the conversations.

jaylene Guest
    Welcome Shandi and rainydaywoman!! Random pictures is great. One
    of my favorite threads. Lamebook is a good one too. Lots of funny
    stuff there. Hope to see you both in the threads.

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    hi and thanks! I'm not a Dylan fan I'm a music fan and I love rain so I chose that one way back in 1997 when I was 43. glad to be here look forward to replying often and reading the great stuff you have here.

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    jaylene I love your signature.
    I agree but most people dont want everyone to know how the person died. if they died peacefully at home they will say it but most often they'll throw up a smoke screen. you have to know the secret language of obits. heres what I have gathered.

died suddenly or unexpectedly= murder/ accident/SIDS/premature/still birth

long illness=cancer/aids/disease

died peacefully at home surrounded by friends and family=celebrity(standard obit for famous people)

if you died in a sudden accident or murdered you will be cannonized and nominated for sainthood no matter what kind of B!@#$ you were.

if they were a teen in a drunk driving accident, they were the passenger and the sunshine of everyones life.

it goes on and on.

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rainydaywoman43 View Post
    jaylene I love your signature.
    I agree but most people dont want everyone to know how the person died. if they died peacefully at home they will say it but most often they'll throw up a smoke screen. you have to know the secret language of obits. heres what I have gathered.

died suddenly or unexpectedly= murder/ accident/SIDS/premature/still birth

long illness=cancer/aids/disease

died peacefully at home surrounded by friends and family=celebrity(standard obit for famous people)

if you died in a sudden accident or murdered you will be cannonized and nominated for sainthood no matter what kind of B!@#$ you were.

if they were a teen in a drunk driving accident, they were the passenger and the sunshine of everyones life.

it goes on and on.
    You are so right. I find myself reading them and trying to read between the lines about how they died. But being a deathhag I want details.
    Its always so and so was such a wonderful person, never had a bad thing to say about anyone, would help everyone, blah blah. You never hear someone say " yeah that sob cheated on wife, and never worked a day in his life." Wait that describes some of my relatives.

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    jaylene:
    well ok its not right to speak ill of the dead i guess but come on EVERYONE who dies cant be that close to being mother Theresa or Doris Day! Did I mention that if they were a bad person they were "just beggining to turn their life around".

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    I'm off to spend some time on facebook. Anyone who wants to find me when I'm not here, can go over there and find me. I'm under Diane Dizacomo.

Quote Originally Posted by rainydaywoman43 View Post
    I'm off to spend some time on facebook. Anyone who wants to find me when I'm not here, can go over there and find me. I'm under Diane Dizacomo.
    Welcome rainydaywoman43. I looked you up on Facebook but there is no button oin your page to add you as a friend. Add me. My Facebook page is in my signature.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome rainydaywoman43. You'll love it here!

WhiteTrashBarbie Guest
    Hi *waves* I'm Heather and I'm from Tennessee. I'm generally creepy and weird and at the library looking at the archived obituary's (it's as bad as it sounds). I've been a death hag since I saw Fatal Visions on Lifetime when I was 7. Then when I was around 9 my mom was really into the whole helter skelter manson thing so that was pretty much the nail in the coffin (haha) in my true crime/odd death fascination. Omgosh then I saw the memorial photography exhibit that had old coffins and death books and that was a huge turning point as well.

Now that I've written a book the point is : I've lurked for years and decided it was time to speak, honestly my amount of lurking was starting to peeve ME out. So it was time.

Forever-27 Guest
    Hello, heather .... dont be a troll. Join in the conversations. Theres alot of good people here.

Scott created a good thing

DonnaMc Guest
    Hello Heather. I agree with Forever-27, there are alot of good people here. It's been a whole new experience for me. I used to never have anyone to discuss things with that thought the way I did.

I'm in Memphis, TN. Are you close?

snap-e-tom Guest
    Hello, forum. I'll be a-lurking.

WhiteTrashBarbie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Hello Heather. I agree with Forever-27, there are alot of good people here. It's been a whole new experience for me. I used to never have anyone to discuss things with that thought the way I did.

I'm in Memphis, TN. Are you close?
    I'm about 4 hours or so from Memphis. I live right outside of Knoxville

Evil Sushi Guest
    Hello, I thought I should introduce myself. I am originally from the UK but have lived in Japan for about 10 years. I am about to give birth to my third child within the next few months.

Luckily (for me)we are far from where the earthquake happened and have been pretty much unaffected in our daily lives. I always keep half an eye on that big fault line just the other side of the mountain though.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTrashBarbie View Post
    I'm about 4 hours or so from Memphis. I live right outside of Knoxville
    Knoxville is pretty cool. Memphis has become dangerous in most areas, except of course the ones I can't afford!

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome Evil Sushi. Glad you're here and glad you survived the tragedy! Congrats on your third child!

Skinned Guest
    Hey everyone. I feel like I know some of you already. I have been lurking for quite a while now. I love FAD!

Hello everyone fae Bonny Scotland. Have just joined after years of lurking!

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome to the new hags. You'll love it here!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Welcome to the new hags. You'll love it here!
    Thank you, I'm sure it'll be braw!

Hello! I've lurked for a while, posted a few times, but am just now introducing myself. I've been fascinated with death--also illness, injury, and crime--all my life. I used to sneak my brother's medical books to look at the pictures. My special interest now is true crime. I've long since exhausted the local libraries' true crime shelves. I'm not too interested in celebrities but I'm definitely interested if they died in a gory way.

I never knew anyone who shared my interest and always felt ashamed of it. It was an incredible day when I realized that LOTS of people like the same stuff I do. The coming of the internet and Web was like heaven because of all the gory pictures and stuff--and also because now I don't feel like such a weirdo.

It's really great to be with people who understand and share this interest--especially since you are also a really nice and funny bunch of folks!

OBTW I'm female, in my 40s, married, no kids, two cats, living in Silicon Valley, California, and I work for a high-tech corporation. I'm originally from New York.

Forever-27 Guest
    Kinda kewl another one from the west side. Check out the link Nessa put up in the nichole brown simpson thread. You want gore, you got it.

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi there and welcome to the club!

Welcome to the forum to all the newbies. glad to see the lurkers come into the light.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by editrix View Post
    Hello! I've lurked for a while, posted a few times, but am just now introducing myself. I've been fascinated with death--also illness, injury, and crime--all my life. I used to sneak my brother's medical books to look at the pictures. My special interest now is true crime. I've long since exhausted the local libraries' true crime shelves. I'm not too interested in celebrities but I'm definitely interested if they died in a gory way.

I never knew anyone who shared my interest and always felt ashamed of it. It was an incredible day when I realized that LOTS of people like the same stuff I do. The coming of the internet and Web was like heaven because of all the gory pictures and stuff--and also because now I don't feel like such a weirdo.

It's really great to be with people who understand and share this interest--especially since you are also a really nice and funny bunch of folks!

OBTW I'm female, in my 40s, married, no kids, two cats, living in Silicon Valley, California, and I work for a high-tech corporation. I'm originally from New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Kinda kewl another one from the west side. Check out the link Nessa put up in the nichole brown simpson thread. You want gore, you got it.
    Very cool, another Bay Area Death Hag. Welcome editrix.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

skulls Guest
    Hello, I´m from Estonia, been around fad.com for about two years.

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome skulls. Love your profile pic!