Page 1 of 67 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Just want to say HI - huge fan of the site here in Roch. NY!!! Looking forward to the next DVD from Scott as well......

E.

Tabasco Guest

Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Great new forum! Not surprising given that its origins are traced to a fantastic site. Glad to be here. Thanks to all those who made it happen...

Onward!

Snoopy Guest
    Hi Tabasco..Glad to be here too!

Guest Guest
    Graver, raconteur and sole proprietor of The Celebrity Underground. Available for parties and bar mitzvahs, has own suit.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2007 at 08:39 AM.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Hi all, glad to be here as well! FAD fan since I came across it while working a night shift back in 2002...so glad to have it then and just as happy to have this forum now!

Salutations

Hi gang...it's great to be here, too. It's not often, at least for me to meet others who are fascinated by dead celebrities and the like. Those who don't get it, don't get it..those that do, no explanation is needed. Nice to meet all of you. I look forward to many interesting conversations!
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 10-04-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Hi everyone..it's great to finally have a forum for such a fascination.
    I agree joplinfrk; those who aren't into the whole death thing tend to think it's weird. Nice to actually have a lot more people sharing the same morbid interest.
    I look forward to talking to you all.

Hi, I'm a fellow FAD addict! *waves*

I have a fascination with all things Victorian (and I'm a bit of an American Civil War buff, so the whole mid- to end-19th Century is a big fascination), especially all their ceremony about death. I'm collecting books and other things on the subject.

I'm Amy and I live in the Boston area, by the way. My big goal this year is to stay at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in not very far away Fall River (hopefully in the room in which Lizzie's stepmother met her messy end) and take lots of pics.

Screwtape, your store looks very cool. I've bookmarked it!

Cheers,
    Amy

Lurkster Guest
    Hello all! I'm a Southern gal with a weird sense of humor, and I am morbidly fascinated with cemeteries.

dr2red Guest

Canadian Death hag

Saying hello to you all.

Talking Howdy from Texas!

Big-time celebrity "dirt" freak - just love reading tabloids, books on celebrity tragedy and death (I own a HUGE collection of those types of books!), and love Scott's website!

Cindy Guest
    Hello to everyone. I am Cindy from the Philadelphia area. Great to be here. I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot of time on this site.

Katie Guest
    Hi I'm Katie....

I was thrilled when I first found Scott's site a couple of years ago. I thought, up to that point, I was the only one.

Scott How are your collectibles ? I have something that you might like. I have a piece of the house that burned down around the Branch Davidians.

jiminseattle Guest

Hi from Seattle!

Hi I'm Jim in Seattle, and I'm so glad to see this forum.

Scott, I haven't been able to do your tour in LA yet, although I usually visit down there at least once a year.... I'll definitely try to do it next time.

BTW I read your entry on your friend Laer and when I last visited the Cathedral Mausoleum at Hollywood Forever, I saw his niche, complete with the "Rock'em, Sock'em Robots" you mentioned. That was really neat to see.

Your site is great, I've been a fan since 2002!! Keep it up!!

Jim

1959catty Guest

Smile

Hello everyone, Cathy from Texas.

I have been a FAD fan for years, so many I don't remember!! I took Scotts tour in June. Loved it and him!!! Glad to be here.

Irishlass Guest
    HELLO I am Lisa, I live in Hawaii and i Have been a fan of Find A death for several yrs now.. I Love history and well this is history albeit a little weird but still History.
    I Grew up in Los Angeles and North Hollywood so some of the Sites are familar to me.
    I am so tickled to have a meesage board now...

Btvs2678 Guest

Hello from the Midwest.

Hello All. I am Nikki .Nice to meet fellow Death hags. I am from the Midwest (IL) so, not many people get my facination with celeb death, glad to be among friends.

Scott, I am working on taking a vacation to LA to take the tour and see all the sites.
    Last edited by Btvs2678; 10-04-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Ms. Black Guest
    Ahoy mateys! Ms. Black here. I am so happy there is a forum now! I really love the site and it's cool to finally be able to communicate with people who like it too.

19. 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM

thedabara Guest
    Hi! Glad to see the new forum. Hope my avatar works.

*Yay! I did it. Greetings from Mississippi!

RoRo Guest

Greetings

RoRo here from Nashville.. DeathHag for years and very happy to have a place to talk with others.

knothere Guest
    Hi everyone I'm Mary from Canada eh. Id love to go on the tour. I tell my friends the stories from here they listen like theyr lookin at a car wreck but they dont turn away. I can't wait till Scott opens a museum. Great place for us hags to hang.

DeadRinger Guest
    Hi, I'm Clare and I'm in Australia. I'm glad to find I'm not only one who harbours this morbid fascination!

Morbid1 Guest
    Howdy!

My name is Jim and I live in north California,originally a Los Angeles
    native,got tired of that rat race though and settled down some.

I've been a big fan of Scott's site findadeath for a couple of years
    now,and stop in for updates often.Glad that there is a forum now.

Anyway glad to be here!

-Jim

tyeck73 Guest

Talking So excited to meet everyone!

I came upon the site a while back, when I was searching for info on a young girl (prev. co-worker of mine) who was murdered in 1991. Obviously she wasn't on Scott's site, but I did find her on another one about gravesites. I've been here ever since. I just got my sticker too!

pinkrose35 Guest
    Hello fellow Death Hags. I'm Rebecca. Glad to be here. Would love to someday go on the tour. I also get the weird looks and if anyone needs information on any famous crime I'm the go to girl. It's good to be among friends.

Schmermie Guest
    Hi everyone...

I'm always kind of amazed at people who aren't fascinated by death, especially the death of a celebrity. I was born and raised about 20 minutes outside of Los Angeles, spent my mis-guided 20's living and working in Hollywood, so I have encountered a few of the celebrities on this site. Oddly enough, being that I am an almost 6 foot tall woman, two of the people I actually interacted with were Billy Barty and Herve Villachez...very odd encounters indeed. One of my sad Death Hag claims to fame is that I was only half a block away when Rebecca Schaffer was murdered. Anyway, my fascination with death, especially celebrity death, goes all the way back to when I was a teenager and read "Helter Skelter" for the first time.

So nice to be in the company of others who share my freaky interest.

And thanks again Scott for one of the best websites around!

Schmermie

You guys, welcome! I'm really glad you're here, and can meet each other! This is awesome.

meggles Guest
    Hi, I'm Meg and from the South...Augusta, GA home of James Brown and well, except for the Masters, nothing.

I've been a major fan of Scott's site for years and was thrilled to be a contributor and take the tour last year when I went to LA on business. My husband was willing to go along, but not excited--now he's a worse death hag than I am! Scott's storytelling is amazing, if you haven't taken the tour, do it! Wonderful time.

My fascination goes back to being in HS and doing a paper on the Manson murders, and then it went from there. We actually went to the property back in the 80's, and driving up that long drive was the most frightening, surreal experience I ever had. I still get chills thinking about it. I tend to be more fascinated with the celeb type things rather than just people cutting up a bunch of people. Then again, we have no celebs around here either. When JB died, I was just over the top that a celeb funeral would be in our area (but, respectfully so!!).

Besides death, I'm obsessed with football and that's mainly it!! Glad to be here among such esteemed, and intelligent, company!!!

--meggles

GhostWorld Guest
    Hi, I'm Leah - I don't really remember when I became fascinated but I think it was when I was 7 and there were a bunch of those "Haunted Hollywood" type shows on around halloween. The first story I remember was Marilyn living in a mirror at the Roosevelt, I think that just catapulted my interest into the deaths of famous people. 18 years later my interest has not faded and I am still complety enthralled with all of this stuff.

SassySu Guest
    Hi all, I'm Suzy and I hail from the UK!! Always been interested in the morbid side of life and then found Scott's site and life was good!!! It's really good to be here Death Hags Rule!!!!!!!!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Hello to all my fellow Death Hags. my name is Chris, and I like dead people. I love Scott's web site. been a fan for many years now. and i'm sure i'll be spending alot of time here yapping about death. is it wrong?

PurseShoeDeathHag Guest

Sha Booya Ah Ah Sha Booya Roll Call

My, name is PurseShoeDeathHag

I love Find A Death, and I think Scott...is the best , ROLL CALL!! Sha Booya Ah Ah Sha Booya Roll Call!!!

candleinthewind Guest
    I am more of a celebrity freak than a death hag. I am fascinated by all aspects of celebrity including how they died, especially if the circumstances are shrouded in mystery. I have read every entry on FAD more than once. I am a stay at home mom and use the internet for entertainment. I don't like forums where everybody is attacking everybody else or feeding their ego by becoming Lord of the Board. It's nice to share an interest with like-minded people so this should be fun.

Danny62 Guest
    HI all,

Dan from Salt Lake I am for sure a death hag. I got to take the tour in Sept of this year!!! It was great.

I love this stuff. Its just fasinating not much else to say! I love cemeterys they are very peaceful!

I am like Scott when I Get a book on someone famous I go to the back ofthe book to see how they died first!!

This forum is great. My family thinks I am odd so I really don't discuss this at home!!

Hi Ya'll

Mel from Oklahoma.Been a FAD fan for three years.Just joined the forum.Mostly

interested in older violent deaths.Have visited lots of outlaw graves in Ok.,Tx.Ks.Mo.

and Ar. Man, do i rack up the mileage on the car..........
    Last edited by cleanskull; 10-10-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Electricshadow07 Guest

Hello from Missouri!

Hello death hags, been a fan of Scott's site for ages, have read most all deaths. Just wanted to introduce myself.

MPetro108 Guest
    Hi Everyone! Great to be here.... looking forward to talking with you all and getting to know you. Been fascinated with celebrity deaths since I can remember. Read all about the old stars all the time. Hoping one day to take Scott's tour!!

Yes Yes Yes, howdy to you all my fellow death hags

I stumbled upon Find A Death in 2004 after watching the movie Auto Focus and wanting to find out more about Bob Crane and the whole mystery surrounding his death. I was instantly hooked to FAD and to this day constantly check back for updates and to just re-read the oldies but goodies (every now and then I find one I haven't read yet ). FAD helps save me from inevitable boredom throughout my day as I am sure is the case with most of you.

Thanks again Scott.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-05-2007 at 12:22 PM.

harlow1137 Guest

HI!

Hi everyone!!!

I love Scott's site, and just poking around today and found this awesome forum.
    I have been fascinated with Hollywood since I was a kid. Love all the old movies and stars.
    Hope to take Scott's tour when I visit CA next year!!!
    Last edited by harlow1137; 10-05-2007 at 12:25 PM.

New York

Welcome! I'm like Gilligan..stranded on the Island!

Hello fellow New Yorkers!! New Rochelle, NY here... and a proud Death Hag!

Hi!

I am Becky and I live in the UK! I found Findadeath ages ago while looking around online while bored! I love it and I am always into reading about famous people and how they die. This forum is great! Keep up the good work!

Februarystars Guest
    Hi! i've been addicted to FAD for i think 4 years... i'm so glad to have a forum! i can't find anyone in my life who is even remotely interested in celebrity deaths so i'm really glad to be here! talk to you soon!

Lisamarie Guest
    Hi everyone Im Lisamarie and Im in hurricane ravaged New Orleans..But I have been accused of haveing a morbid fasination since I was alittle girl...Very passionet about old hollywood and all the scandels that go with it ! From silent movies with Rudolph Valentino to colorful musicals with Marilyn Monroe ! I love it all the old pin ups the hollywood cantine !! But the morbid stuff I just cant get enough of Irene , Albert Derrkler ..Carol landis ..Olive Thomas ..Lupe Vales ....Im so happy to be amongst friends!!!

Lilepad336 Guest
    Hello from Nebraska. Came accross FAD while bored at work. Happy to see the forum and to meet others as sick as me!!! Can't wait to be involved in a group where I am normal for once!! Just like all the rest of us here. My motto is " I am normal, it is the rest that do not have a curiosity of the dead that scare me"

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Hi,

My name is Bob, and I've been a loyal reader of FAD for quite a few years now. Scott....great idea about the forum! Looking forward to sharing my passion with others here.

I'm living in Northern California, orginally from Los Angeles. I have been into celebrities, and specifically their demise, since I was in grade school.

Anyway, very glad to be here!!

Bob

mike Guest
    Hello,I'm Mike and I'm from St Louis Mo.I been looking at FAD for about 2 years.I found it by accident searching for something to do with the dead mainly Celebrities and i stumble on to FAD.I use to scare myself as a kid looking at photos and having a difficult time trying to sleep at night afterwards LOL.But now I look at it now as to keep me humble and makes me realized how lucky i have been all these years and makes me appreciate my mortality on this planet.I use to live on the edge,Fighting in the ring and Motorcycle racing.I've chilled a lot and this is somewhat an interest of how people ended up.That thing that make you go OOOH! when you see someone who bit the dust before their time.

Hi all- I'm from Fond du Lac, WI. I've been reading FAD for a few years now, and my husband thinks I'm some sort of kook for it. So, its nice to be around more kooks who share my interest.

Many thanks for the great site and forum. Now I don't feel so alone...

Dave from Harrisburg, PA here. It's great to find a community that shares my morbid little interest in celebrity death and other dark things. FAD is truly one staggering payload of incredible facts, photos, bitchy gossip and tidbits of ethereal minutiae. I thought Kenneth Anger's "Hollywood Babylon" was pretty much it until I found FAD. Glad to be a tiny part of it!

Hi all, my name is Paul and I have always been intersted in celebrities
    dead or alive ones ever since i once lived in Guy Lombardo's old
    childhood home. Yes I know wow