Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC-Show)

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks Shane is attractive. He's got beady eyes that are either too deep-set or too close together, I can't decide which.

Daryl is the real Man Candy. He used to be a model--not the character, the actor.
    plus shane has weird looking ears. my 15 year old noticed his ears too. like cauliflower ears or something. not good looking at all. norman reedus is a delight to look at. i want to do much more then just look at him.
    â??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.â?

Hippo Guest
    To IAmSpecial:

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. Shane is not good-looking, and he's worse since he shaved his head. At least his hair covered up his ears somewhat. There's no help for those beady eyes, but the hair did detract from his ears.

Still trying to figure out the familial relationships in the Hershel household. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's Lori--not Andrea--and Rick. These two should have dropped by Rite Aid and grabbed some contraceptive, but humans will never learn. Take Andrea and Shane, maybe her, and I know he knew Lori was pregnant but that didn't stop them from banging bones without protection. Ditto Maggie and Glen.

The Walking Dead survivors are pretty much comparable to the Native Americans in that both parties lived in their own kind of wilderness. A crying baby would be dangerous to both. Native Americans, n certain perilous situations, killed crying babies to protect the whole tribe.

Ditto! Haha!
    Oops I knew I screwed that up. Thanks for the correction. I had Andrea on the brain. I didn't know that about Native Americans. Very interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

To IAmSpecial:

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. Shane is not good-looking, and he's worse since he shaved his head. At least his hair covered up his ears somewhat. There's no help for those beady eyes, but the hair did detract from his ears.

Still trying to figure out the familial relationships in the Hershel household. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    Found this on Wiki
    New recurring cast members include Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene, a ranch owner; Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene, Hershel's eldest daughter; Pruitt Taylor Vince as Otis, Hershel's ranch hand; Jane McNeill as Patricia, Otis's wife; Michael Zegen as a teenager named Randall; Emily Kinney as Beth Greene, Hershel's youngest daughter; and James McCune, as Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I thought Glen and Maggie did use condoms, though.

ETA: Team Rick all the way. Shane is so not hot.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    I thought Glen and Maggie did use condoms, though.

ETA: Team Rick all the way. Shane is so not hot.
    Maybe they did use rubbers, I forgot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Yeah they did. After they did it, at the farm, Glenn said they have 11 condoms left. And Maggie said something like "And that's 11 minutes of my life I can't get back."

KarmaKat Guest
    Sign me up for the Shane not hot club. Norman is the real eye candy of this show. Although his hair was doing something funny in the last ep

Hippo Guest
    To KarmaKat:

Norman is definitely the eye candy, but Daryl could use some grooming tips.

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

Thank you for that. Now I wish I could go back and re-watch what Maggie was saying to Hershel about being a rebellious teenager. I got the distinct impression there that Hershel married her mother after her father died, but I am obviously mixed up. I don't even know what episode that was--probably #3 or #4 of the second season.

Hippo Guest
    Am I the only one old enough to remember Scott Wilson as a 24-year-old badass in "In Cold Blood?"

Am I the only one old enough to remember Scott Wilson as a 24-year-old badass in "In Cold Blood?"

Hershel was a cutie.

For all of those who think Shane isn't attractive, that's cool, but did you take a close look when he had his shirt off? Forget the face, it's the abs!
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Hippo Guest
    To New Englander:

I have the first season on DVD and watched some of the little documentaries they have on there. I have never seen the books, and they showed some of the characters, the way they were drawn in the comics.

Shane (as drawn in the comics) is a huge, meaty guy--one of those big fellows with no neck.

I'm also in the "Shane is NOT hot", club. The guy may have abs, but that face would stop an 8-day clock! Also, he has no ass, and I'm an ass girl. I honestly wish they'd bring someone on the show that's hot, because from where I stand, there's not a hot man on that entire show, thusfar.

Hippo Guest
    To Jenivere:

I am glad you agree about Shane. However, how can you say that this guy is not hot? Please consider taking another look at Daryl.

Hippo Guest
    To Jenivere:

Seriously, are you SURE there's nobody worth looking at?

To New Englander:

I have the first season on DVD and watched some of the little documentaries they have on there. I have never seen the books, and they showed some of the characters, the way they were drawn in the comics.

Shane (as drawn in the comics) is a huge, meaty guy--one of those big fellows with no neck.
    LOL. Love your description of Shane in the book "no neck"

Daryl is cute, but my only problem with his looks is that he looks like my ex husband. As for Daryl's character, I do like him and the actor does a great job.

Hippo Guest
    To NewEnglander:

Well, if he looks like your ex-husband, that is an automatic disqualification.

Better to go with the guy with the funny ears and no neck.

To NewEnglander:

Well, if he looks like your ex-husband, that is an automatic disqualification.

Better to go with the guy with the funny ears and no neck.

2 Hours and 45 minutes to showtime EST!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KarmaKat Guest
    Thanks for posting those Hippo. MMMM he is one very attractive man. Very manly, he doesn't look like he would take longer to get ready to go out than me lol.

Hippo Guest
    I have a question for anyone who is following the show. It concerns the new character, Randall.

If Randall's leg is so badly injured (impaled on a fence last episode), how is he even able to walk? He appears to be limping, but if that had actually happened, he'd be in a wheelchair.

I have a question for anyone who is following the show. It concerns the new character, Randall.

If Randall's leg is so badly injured (impaled on a fence last episode), how is he even able to walk? He appears to be limping, but if that had actually happened, he'd be in a wheelchair.
    You are not the only one who noticed that. Seems like they fell into a plot hole with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So now we have two new interesting theories.

- If you die of normal causes do you come back as walker?
    - Scratches can possibly cause turning. This is a new one in the zombie world and would create many problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

Thank you for the response. I have watched several interviews with the creators/writers, and they stress that they try to make the storylines somewhat believable under the bizarre circumstances. But I think they really dropped the ball with Randall's injury.

I actually saw a lady on the news who tried to climb over one of those fences and got her leg impaled. It took the paramedics quite some time to free her, and she was in the hospital for a long time. Now, I realize that they need to move the story along. However, this is TOO unbelievable. Perhaps they could have made it his arm, and then he'd still be able to walk. I think the audience could overlook the fact that he'd probably be too weak to walk, we do have to give them some artistic license here.

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

Not sure about your questions, but the first thing I thought of was an episode where Daryl and Andrea were out in the woods--forgot what they were looking for--and they came upon a man who had hanged himself. Apparently what happened was, the guy wrote a suicide note, hanged himself, and was then dead. However, the problem was that zombies wandered by and chewed on his legs. He then came back to life as a zombie, but couldn't go anywhere, due to being hanging there by his neck. So Daryl shot him in the head with an arrow.

Now, this would seem to indicate that the suicide victim would have stayed dead if not for the zombie-gnawing. Sometimes I wonder if even the writers know what the exact story is.

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

Regarding the scratches--okay, what do we know so far? Two zombies with scratches who appear to have no other injuries. But that isn't the whole story, is it? Plenty of room for the writers to come up with an explanation.

First of all, these people are so badly decomposed, there is no way that Rick and Shane could tell with a quick glance exactly what the injuries are, if any. Also, what started the zombie apocalypse in the first place? Where did the first zombie come from? Was it the government and that mysterious gas? If so, could these zombies belong to that first group? Somebody had to deliver the first bite.

We don't have enough information about this, which I am sure is exactly what they have in mind. They want to feed us the details in tiny increments.

To Miho:

Regarding the scratches--okay, what do we know so far? Two zombies with scratches who appear to have no other injuries. But that isn't the whole story, is it? Plenty of room for the writers to come up with an explanation.

First of all, these people are so badly decomposed, there is no way that Rick and Shane could tell with a quick glance exactly what the injuries are, if any. Also, what started the zombie apocalypse in the first place? Where did the first zombie come from? Was it the government and that mysterious gas? If so, could these zombies belong to that first group? Somebody had to deliver the first bite.

We don't have enough information about this, which I am sure is exactly what they have in mind. They want to feed us the details in tiny increments.
    My biggest question that I have so far, but I am not holding my breath that they will explain it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone else love the lone zombie metaphor last night?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still drives me crazy wondering what the CDC scientist whispered in Rick's ear. I mean, those of us who follow the comic thought it was about Lori's pregnancy, but at the end of the episode with Lori puking up the morning after pills, Rick was surprised to find out she was pregnant. So what the hell did the scientist whisper in his ear or is this a goof? Don't believe it is a goof but definitely a misdirection.

I really think this crap with Randall is a waste of time. They basically torturing this guy who has had a major injury (throwing him in and out of trunks, riding around in a hot trunk with a bag over his head). His group abandoned him. Rick killed 2 members of the group (totally justified but still), they shot back (totally understandable) and leave Randall there. Rick and company save Randall. Why would he turn on them ? Why would even try to go back to people that left him?

Good point. Hershal said that if the leg was forced off the spike it would cause muscle and nerve damage. And--I'm not sure--but wasn't it his right leg? How could he ever drive?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    So now we have two new interesting theories.

- If you die of normal causes do you come back as walker?
    - Scratches can possibly cause turning. This is a new one in the zombie world and would create many problems.
    Well, in the book, a character is shot by another character and he comes back as a walker. And Rick goes "We are the walking dead." Because everyone is a carrier and when they die they come back as a zombie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Also just noticed this - the knife that Shane was using. He stabbed the first bus zombie, then sliced his hand with that knife. Did he expose himself ? If being scratched or bitten transfers then wouldn't him using the same knife to cut himself put him in danger?

Hippo Guest
    I thought it was Randall's left leg that got impaled, but still, he'd be too sick to drive, too weak to walk, and I just think they're pushing the limits of believability here.

Just because you're doing a fantasy show about zombies doesn't mean you can throw all logic out the window.

To Jenivere:

Seriously, are you SURE there's nobody worth looking at?
    Not to insult your taste in men, but to be completely honest, I don't find him attractive, in the least. I live in Arkansas, and men who look like him are a dime-a-dozen. Maybe I'm just confusing him with his "redneck" character, but I just don't see it. Of course, I have strange taste in men, anyway. lol
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 02-28-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Wasn't the suicide in the woods bit first, though? Didn't the note say something like, "Got bit, world's gone to shit"?

ETA: Found this on a Wordpress site: (“Got bit, fever hit, world went to shit, might as well quit.”)
    Last edited by wildcatgrrl; 02-28-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Also just noticed this - the knife that Shane was using. He stabbed the first bus zombie, then sliced his hand with that knife. Did he expose himself ? If being scratched or bitten transfers then wouldn't him using the same knife to cut himself put him in danger?
    Interesting point. I didn't see why he would cut himself on the bus, he already had blood trickling down the side of his face from the fight.

They've played really fast and loose regarding blood in this series. When Andrea's sister was bitten in season 1, Andrea was literally covered in blood for the whole episode. And every time they kill a walker up close, there is blood spattered all over them. Even if you don't have any open wounds, the blood could easily get in your eyes, mouth, etc.

Regarding the dead coming back as walkers.

In one of the first episodes-where Rick met the man and his son, the man said his wife had died from a fever, and she came back as a walker. She looked more normal than most of the walkers as I recall.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 02-28-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Spacing, Man, Spacing.

Hippo Guest
    To Wildcatgrrl:

Ah, you could be right. That poem could have been written by Dorothy Parker, very clever.

Hippo Guest
    To Jenivere:

I was also suggesting Glenn, played by Steven Yuen. Personally, I find him more attractive than either Rick or Shane.

Hippo Guest
    To TheWrathofMadelineKahn:

Shane probably didn't realize he had blood on his face. However, you're so right about all the blood issues. When Andrea killed a zombie with a screwdriver in the bathroom of the RV, surely blood would have gotten into her eyes.

BUT--here's another point. Since the zombies are dead, their hearts aren't beating, and therefore, the blood wouldn't spatter as far as it would with a living person. So maybe the writers can use that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

In one of the first episodes-where Rick met the man and his son, the man said his wife had died from a fever, and she came back as a walker. She looked more normal than most of the walkers as I recall.
    I totally forgot about that. For some reason I just thought she had been bitten and then developed a fever before she died and came back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidChrissy Guest
    That's what I'm always concerned about. Getting blood in eyeballs, mouths, open wounds. Like in 28 Days Later, the guy got one drop of blood in his eye and turned immediately.

In one episode where they had notes throughout it, they did reference that the people alive were actually the walking dead. Perhaps that's what the doctor whispered in Rick's ear, or something along the lines of that. Well if they are carriers and they turn into zombies after they naturally die, I'd just stab the person in the brain one last time before I bury them.

Interview with Maggie. Didn't realize she was British. http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-interview.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Oops
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

To TheWrathofMadelineKahn:

Shane probably didn't realize he had blood on his face. However, you're so right about all the blood issues. When Andrea killed a zombie with a screwdriver in the bathroom of the RV, surely blood would have gotten into her eyes. All I can say is Zombies like fresh blood and the blood on his face might have not been fresh enough.

BUT--here's another point. Since the zombies are dead, their hearts aren't beating, and therefore, the blood wouldn't spatter as far as it would with a living person. So maybe the writers can use that somehow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

To Jenivere:

I was also suggesting Glenn, played by Steven Yuen. Personally, I find him more attractive than either Rick or Shane.
    Glenn's cuter than the rest of 'em, that's for sure. :P

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

The actress who plays Maggie is British, and the actor who plays Rick is South African.

Not sure, but I think the only real Southerner in the cast is Scott Wilson, who plays Hershel.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Glenn is a cutie but he reminds me way too much of my cousin, therefore I can never find him hot lol. I'm glad they're giving the Asian guy some lovin'. Too often they don't get the girl. He's a bit dorky, but at least he's gettin' some!

Hippo Guest
    To MorbidChrissy:

I find the dorkiness appealing.

To Jenivere:

You now have your official piece of Man Candy. Since I'm so much older, i'll probably end up with Hershel or Dale. LOL

Hippo Guest
    To Miho:

Ah, I missed one of your posts. The Lone Zombie.

I didn't realize it was a metaphor. What do you think it meant?