Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evel Knievel

Danny62 Guest

Evel Knievel

I bet I don't even have to go into who this guy is?

I remember his snake river canyon jump so well!!

This guy had balls!!!

I know he isn't doing very good these days! He now has idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and requires oxygen 24 hours a day!

So Death Hags share your thoughts on this guy!

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Your right this guy had balls for sure. Half of his stunts I could not even bring myself to watch. It is sad to hear how his health is failing.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

This guy had balls!!!

I know he isn't doing very good these days! He now has idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and requires oxygen 24 hours a day!

He is an asshole. Seriously.....biggest jerk around. Yeah he had balls back then, but he treated everyone around him like dirt. Still does, from what I hear from friends who know him and his family.

His son Robbie seems to be pretty cool. I saw him in Sturgis when I went for the rally, and he was nice to everyone who was around him. Of course, YMMV.
    Last edited by Bayou Voodoo; 11-21-2007 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Fixed a spelling error

He was the first hero I had when I was a little kid. I had all the toys he would put out. Man i'm really dating myself here!

Kathyf Guest
    I had a Evel Knievel figure. I always remember thinking he would get hurt on every jump. I think his son jumps too.

GrinReaper Guest
    He was listed in my Guiness Book of Records. Not for any jumps or anything. But for breaking the most bones in his body!

I had the scamble van and the super jet cycle. I can remember trying to see how many of my Tonka trucks and Ertl farm tractors he could jump over.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I had the scamble van and the super jet cycle. I can remember trying to see how many of my Tonka trucks and Ertl farm tractors he could jump over.
    I saved a lot of toys and sold quite a few on Ebay. I don't have those anymore.

RoRo Guest
    I loved him!! He was so fearless and cool!
    I used to watch his son's show on A & E. He was openly drinking too much and his dad was raggin on him because of it and frankly he was never gonna be the legend his dad is...there will ever only be one Evel Knievel!

onehunglow Guest
    Has more balls than the Yankees

ComputerGuy Guest
    Evil ROCKS. I remember the Snake River Jump as well. I think I was around 8-9 years old

More balls than brains, total whacko. Excellent crashes though, remember Vegas?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Snoopy Guest
    I totally remember sitting in the basement of my house with my brother and sisters watching his jumps..I always covered my eyes cause I was sure he was going to get hurt! and yeah my brother had the action figures..I steal em and hide them on him LOL.

Danny62 Guest
    On April 1 2007, Knievel announced to a worldwide audience that he "believed in Jesus christ" for the first time. He professed his personal faith in Christ to more than 4,000 people who gathered inside the Crystal Cathedral for Palm Sunday services in Orange County California, and to millions via an hour of power telecast of the service to over 100 countries.

Knievel told how he had refused for 68 years to accept Jesus Christ as his Savior because he didnā??t want to surrender his lifestyle of "the gold and the gambling and the booze and the women." He explained his conversion experience by saying, "All of a sudden, I just believed in Jesus Christ. I did, I believed in him!"

Knievel said he knew people were praying for him, including his daughter's church, his ex-wife's church, and the hundreds of people who wrote letters urging him to believe.

Knievel recounted how he "rose up in bed and, I was by myself, and I said, 'Devil, Devil, you bastard you, get away from me. I cast you out of my lifeā?¦.' I just got on my knees and prayed that God would put his arms around me and never, ever, ever let me go.

Has anyone seen his cane that has the crystal handle that doubled as a flask which he would have full of Wild Turkey. Ive seen interviews in which he admitted a very many of his jumps were performed under the influence.

Jazbabee Guest
    almost seems like you would need to be under the influence to attempt some of the crazy jumps that he did

GrinReaper Guest
    I wonder what the ratio/stats are on jumps completed vs crashed jumps would be.

Kathyf Guest

Knievel sued West and his record company last year, after Kanye appeared in a music video for his song "Touch the Sky" dressed as "Evel Kanyevel" and jumped over a canyon on a motorcycle. West and his lawyers argued it was satire; Knievel called it "vulgar and offensive."

"I thought he was a wonderful guy and quite a gentleman," Knievel said after a face-to-face meeting with Kanye. "I know he's had some tough times the past few weeks, and I hope things work out."

Not such an evil guy after all.

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post

Knievel sued West and his record company last year, after Kanye appeared in a music video for his song "Touch the Sky" dressed as "Evel Kanyevel" and jumped over a canyon on a motorcycle. West and his lawyers argued it was satire; Knievel called it "vulgar and offensive."

"I thought he was a wonderful guy and quite a gentleman," Knievel said after a face-to-face meeting with Kanye. "I know he's had some tough times the past few weeks, and I hope things work out."

Not such an evil guy after all.
    Shows HE is the gentleman

Kathyf Guest
    Evel Just died cnn reported Nov. 30th

Evel Knievel

Just reported on CNN

Cherry Malotte Guest

Evel Knievel has passed...

Just announced on msnbc.com, but no story yet. I'll fill in more later.

magblax Guest
    GASP!

Kathyf Guest
    I just posted on Evel thread

Harry in Connecticut Guest

Fellow investors, hold on tight to your boxed stunt cycles.

The day of reckoning is nigh.

I've got 50 sets and i'm aiming for amazon marketplace. Ebay will be fine but check your buyers.

Kathyf Guest
    I reported this in the Evel thread

Spencemom Guest

Evil Knievel died today

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.
    Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

From Cnn Webpage

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I'm so old, I remember when he was trying to jump the Grand Canyon!

onehunglow Guest
    I guess he made the jump to the other side.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    i always figured he'd die while having his brain smashed into the side of a cliff or something

I didn't think Death would ever catch that rascal. One of a kind.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

djdeath-hag Guest
    In case anyone notices, I merged these two threads for efficiencies sake. I didn't want anyone to get Evil and Jump all over me or each other.
    Hag Hugs, Dennis

Very punny DJ.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

mike Guest
    I bet my Toy set of would've been worth a lot today.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    In case anyone notices, I merged these two threads for efficiencies sake. I didn't want anyone to get Evil and Jump all over me or each other.
    Hag Hugs, Dennis

I'd lol but hey, I don't have to.

Danny62 Guest
    I thought this dude would never die, one person you can never beat, the fucking Grim Reaper!

SistaSara Guest
    OMG...I just saw him on the news last week. He dropped some lawsuit he had against Kayne West after Kanye's mom died. WOW...I'm totally shocked. He probably died some mediocre death.

kimmer927 Guest
    Man this really sucks! i remember having his wind up chopper and we all took it outside and i was really popular for about 10 minutes until the sucker went up a tree and stuck! never could get it out, it's probably still up there.
    this is sad though, never thought Superman II would really die!

Danny62 Guest
    Fuck, I remember him so well as a teen and all the daring stuff he did! Every time someone famous from the 70's dies I feel a bit older!

Just like Henry Hyde, one less republican.

RigorMortis Guest
    I'll make up for it.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Malotte View Post
    I'm so old, I remember when he was trying to jump the Grand Canyon!
    It was the Snake River Canyon. Not Grand Canyon.
    I wonder how many others have it wrong?

Footage of the attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsq3d...eature=related

Dude was indeed brave! I don't think you could pay me enough to try that!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    Thanks for the thread merge DJ!

Ahhhh...I could have swore it was the Grand Canyon, thanks for the reminder Grin about it being Snake River. I can remember kids at grade school having Evel lunch boxes.

JeffD Guest
    I still cringe when i see that crash at Caesars, and they always show it in slow motion.

Another American original. I hope he gets a FAD listing.

donetodeath Guest

This guy had balls!!!

I remember seeing him perform when i was really little,i was so scarred for him i had to watch between my open finger's!

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    OMG...I just saw him on the news last week. He dropped some lawsuit he had against Kayne West after Kanye's mom died. WOW...I'm totally shocked. He probably died some mediocre death.
    I heard they settled actually but terms not disclosed.

So he is off to the big jump ramp in the sky. I hope he has better luck jumping up there, he wasn't very good here.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just like Henry Hyde, one less republican.
    Wow, what a response ... oh it must have come from a Democrat

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    I wonder if he knew and was just settling things??

SistaSara Guest
    I wonder if he knew and was just settling things??
    my first reaction was that he felt sorry for Kayne cus of his mom's passing...but who knows now