Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Black Friday?

Very well put. I agree that it is corporate greed that is forcing companies to open on Thanksgiving. I work for McDonald's, that is no secret to anyone who's a regular of the Pet Peeves thread or the McDonald's thread.

We didn't used to be open on Thanksgiving. The last two or three years, though, we've opened. At first it wasn't bad, that first year we opened at midnight, so TECHNICALLY it was Black Friday. Then, the next year, we opened at 9pm Thanksgiving night. Last year, we opened up for breakfast, closed at 11am, then reopened at 8pm.

This year, we are doing the same open-for-breakfast morning hours...then we are opening back up AT 4PM. My GM is livid. She thinks we should remain closed after the breakfast shift and not open until maybe 3am Friday morning. But she has no say in the matter.

For us, to determine which of our stores are open depends on their location. If they are near a major, well-traveled highway (like we are) then they open. One of our stores is open the regular hours. And is anyone getting holiday pay????? HELL, NO!!!!! And that is why I said I wouldn't work. No holiday pay, no Mean Mexican Lady. At least in retail, you are compensated with holiday pay.

So are the police, doctors, nurses, firemen, and other emergency personnel who work year-round. Two of my nieces are nurses, and they tell me that the nurses rotate holidays. If you work Thanksgiving, you will be off Christmas, and the next year it would be the opposite.

Emergency personnel save lives. No one's life was ever saved by a Big Mac, or by a TV at 50% off. Black Friday isn't even Black Friday anymore, it's creeping into Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. The reason we are open, besides our location, is there is an outdoor mall across the street from us, and another major shopping center just down the street from us, that are going to be open. If they're open, we have to open, too. Our owner is all about that almighty dollar.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I'm taking Roseanne's advice for Black Friday. I'm snugglin up in bed and watching the Deadly Women marathon. I'm such a lady!!

I'm working Black Friday, a normal shift (6am-2pm). I have no problem with that. I have a problem working Thanksgiving. I have a problem with the fact that we are even open on Thanksgiving. I work every other holiday: New Year's, Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th. I don't complain because we are supposed to have Thanksgiving and Christmas off. I don't work Sundays so Easter isn't a problem for me, in fact I no longer work weekends. After almost nine years there, I have some seniority and have a set, Monday to Friday schedule. Which I love.

"I just go here!"

I feel for both of you. I worked at a hospital for 10 years and I would get so depressed about working certain holidays, like Labor Day, Memorial Day and Christmas. I didn't mind working Thanksgiving because I usually got out at 3pm and was able to have a nice dinner with my family, but Christmas was the pits. I hated not being able to open gifts with my family on Christmas morning and then prepare the Christmas meal together.

I'm in an office job now and thankfully I have those holidays off now, but my husband still works at the hospital and for him it's like pulling teeth to get the holidays off, despite having worked there 18 years. But the one advantage is that he works 3rd shift so he can still participate in the holiday festivities before he goes to bed.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I wish there was a Federal or State law that prohibits retail stores from opening until 6am the day after. I know in Texas the car dealerships have to be closed one day on the weekend. Probably wishful thinking on my part, maybe we have too many invasive laws as it is... Just curious what some of your thoughts and opinions are on this subject?
    If not an actual "law" at the very least a "gentleman's agreement" between the stores and restaurants to not be open for business on Thanksgiving. My hometown had this sort of thing back in the 70's and 80's ( and I would imagine before then as well ) were it was agreed by them to not be open for customers on Thanksgiving. From what I had been told and can remember myself how it worked was that employees would eat their meal early and around 8 maybe 9pm that night while the store/restaurant was closed the staff would bring out the Christmas decorations and the practice was nice too as walking into the business on Black Friday really was like walking into a Winter Wonderland since one didn't see anything Christmas before then. As far as being actually open on Thanksgiving the only exceptions when it came to the stores was 7-11 and even with them that chain still would close some of their stores down for that holiday. With restaurants only the dining room at our local Holiday Inn and of course the cafeteria at the local hospital would remain open on Thanksgiving. I miss those days.

On a similar note radio & TV stations should have a similar agreement between them not to do any Christmas programming until Black Friday. I can still remember as recently as 20 years ago at my radio station the Christmas music was locked up in a closet until the start of the morning show on the day after Thanksgiving and even then the ratio was something like 25% Christmas and the remaining 75% was regular music. Of course during the upcoming weeks to Christmas that holiday music percentage would rise to about 90% the week of Christmas. Nobody as I can recall did the all Christmas music thing until Christmas eve. Our local NBC television station had a policy that no Christmas programming would air until the end of the Macy's parade. Sounded like a good policy to me. It just made the holidays that more special.

Mammy Guest
    I grew up in a small town where everything was closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and even closed early on Christmas Eve. Even the two convenient stores were closed. We would drive through town on the way to visit grandparents and there wasn't hardly anyone around unless they were also passing through. It was just peaceful and quiet. When I got in high school, my first public job was as a nurse's aide at a nursing home. I was young and hadn't been there long, so I worked on the holidays. I didn't mind because I loved my residents and tried to make their holiday as cheerful as possible for their sake since a lot of them either didn't have family or had family who couldn't be bothered to come visit. I hate how it seems like the majority of the nation is ruled by corporate greed. Nobody is going to die if they can't get a Big Mac on Thanksgiving. Walmart isn't going to go under if they close their doors for a day and give their employees the day off to spend with their families. No consumer is going to be harmed in any way if they don't manage to get a half priced electronic gadget or some crappy, cheap toy imported from China for their spoiled, ungrateful brats to have under the tree on Christmas morning and already tossed to the side and forgotten by nightfall. If the general public would behave like they had some sense and quit fist fighting and camping out for the opportunity to buy meaningless junk, then maybe corporations would change the way they do business, but that will never happen. They just keep offering even more low priced crap while the public falls right into the trap and gives them exactly what they want. I wouldn't go shopping on Black Friday if I was paid to go. I think the whole charade is disgusting.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Theres a thread on this

PurrPurr Guest
    I'm keeping my big ol' butt home like I do every year. I had all my shopping done in August anyway (ducks thrown iPhones, laptops, and keyboards).

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I'm keeping my big ol' butt home like I do every year. I had all my shopping done in August anyway (ducks thrown iPhones, laptops, and keyboards).
    My shopping is nearly done, thank goodness. The few odds and ends that I still plan to get will be ordered online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I grew up in a small town where everything was closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and even closed early on Christmas Eve. Even the two convenient stores were closed. We would drive through town on the way to visit grandparents and there wasn't hardly anyone around unless they were also passing through. It was just peaceful and quiet. When I got in high school, my first public job was as a nurse's aide at a nursing home. I was young and hadn't been there long, so I worked on the holidays. I didn't mind because I loved my residents and tried to make their holiday as cheerful as possible for their sake since a lot of them either didn't have family or had family who couldn't be bothered to come visit. I hate how it seems like the majority of the nation is ruled by corporate greed. Nobody is going to die if they can't get a Big Mac on Thanksgiving. Walmart isn't going to go under if they close their doors for a day and give their employees the day off to spend with their families. No consumer is going to be harmed in any way if they don't manage to get a half priced electronic gadget or some crappy, cheap toy imported from China for their spoiled, ungrateful brats to have under the tree on Christmas morning and already tossed to the side and forgotten by nightfall. If the general public would behave like they had some sense and quit fist fighting and camping out for the opportunity to buy meaningless junk, then maybe corporations would change the way they do business, but that will never happen. They just keep offering even more low priced crap while the public falls right into the trap and gives them exactly what they want. I wouldn't go shopping on Black Friday if I was paid to go. I think the whole charade is disgusting.
    Also well said. I remember when businesses were not only closed on holidays, but also closed Sundays. If the mail doesn't run, then the stores don't need to be open, that's my opinion. Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th. The last three I mentioned I work, but the buses don't run so I am either walking home or catching a ride with a friend.

"I just go here!"

IMHO no stores should be open on holidays. I mean for years, stores closed on holidays and society actually survived it. There was no rioting in the streets, people didn't go hungry.

When I lived in Germany, almost 30 years ago, the streets rolled up at 5pm sharp. And guess what? No one minded. And they had more holidays in Germany than we have fingers and toes and they managed to stay closed for the holidays and no one suffered a life threatening condition.

What irks me are convenience stores that are open 24/7. Mostly because I worry about the staff. If something bad is going to happen at the store, like a hold up, it will happen mostly like during the 3rd shift hours. And really, is selling a pack of Marlboros at 3am going to make a huge difference in the profits for a store? Or maybe a tank of gas? I'd rather those people that work there be safe than be put in jeopardy by the store being open in the middle of the night.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Also well said. I remember when businesses were not only closed on holidays, but also closed Sundays. If the mail doesn't run, then the stores don't need to be open, that's my opinion. Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th. The last three I mentioned I work, but the buses don't run so I am either walking home or catching a ride with a friend.
    You are right, nothing was opened on Sunday either then and nobody thought anything about it because it was normal. Most people grocery shopped on Saturday and my Mamaw had a weekly hair appointment on Saturday mornings to have her hair shampooed and set for church on Sunday. The only national chains that I know of now who close on Sundays are Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby.

You are right, nothing was opened on Sunday either then and nobody thought anything about it because it was normal. Most people grocery shopped on Saturday and my Mamaw had a weekly hair appointment on Saturday mornings to have her hair shampooed and set for church on Sunday. The only national chains that I know of now who close on Sundays are Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby.
    And those two are Christian companies. My momma too had a weekly appointment at the hair dressers, or she said "at the beauty shop," followed by grocery shopping. Sometimes I went along and got my hair trimmed and sometimes I didn't. If I didn't, I always listened for her car and rushed to help.

Back then, Black Friday started at 7am. 7am! And that was early! Momma shopped at the TG&Y, too. And Half-Price Store, Venture....

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    And those two are Christian companies. My momma too had a weekly appointment at the hair dressers, or she said "at the beauty shop," followed by grocery shopping. Sometimes I went along and got my hair trimmed and sometimes I didn't. If I didn't, I always listened for her car and rushed to help.

Back then, Black Friday started at 7am. 7am! And that was early! Momma shopped at the TG&Y, too. And Half-Price Store, Venture....
    Yes, that's exactly what Mamaw did. She would go get her hair done and then go to the grocery store. People bought their groceries on Saturday because they knew the grocery stores were closed on Sunday. Planning ahead is a foreign concept to people these days. I remember TG&Y, but I've never been in a Venture store or even seen one. I guess they weren't in this neck of the woods.

I remember TG&Y, FedMart, Two Guys. Venture was in the DFW area briefly in the early 90's, best I can describe them as a cross between Target and K-Mart. I don't think they were there for more than two-three years. I don't think I ever heard the term "Black Friday" until the early 2000's...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

TG&Y! Gezer. I am just getting the Grandkids gift's. Everyone else can sod off.

TG&Y used to be HDQ here and had a monstrous store. Used to drive the security guys nuts just to be a asshole. We have to got over to their house Thursday night so My sweet DIL and bonehead can do that get in line shit. I plan to sleep in as much as I can.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    IMHO no stores should be open on holidays.
    Same here but those days are gone and it is all about competition. I finally figured it out this year when the first Christmas commercial came on in late October. I don't remember the store but it was basically "this is not a christmas commercial" meanwhile a Christmas tree and some light are moving across the scene in the back ground. Within a week the commercials started flooding in. A good three weeks earlier than last year. Why? Because now that one guy is doing it, everyone else has to start because god forbid any company gets the upper hand.

Same thing with black friday. A store here, a store there and now a couple of years later there is no retail holiday for thanksgiving. When it costs the stores more to stay open than they make it will slowly turn this around. If people stay home, it may go back to the way it was but people won't stay home because the person doesn't give a shit about the people. They just want that $50 discount on the TV.

I just got a new, bigger, better tv for five bucks. Dig it. Didn't have to wait for Black Friday or buy from a chain. A new thrift store opened up a block away. They buy stuff ala Storage Wars and guarantee what they sell. Pretty cool.

I have some gift cards saved up and may use em on BF if there are killer deals on the stuff I need and I can get a rebate.

I come from practical people (like you couldn't tell that from the first paragraph, lol). And I'm teaching my granddaughter the same values because she's surrounded by so much impracticality during the holidays. Commercials for the latest must-have whatnots, the keeping up with the Jones' shit, etc. It can do a number on a young mind in such a way that kids begin to feel society's opinion of them is more important than their own and appearances are most important. Appearances are ofcourse least important to one's self esteem and that shouldn't change regardless of what day it is.

A friend of mine also runs a deal site. Last year she drank about a dozen energy drinks in a day to keep up with and report all the deals. I and her other friends told her that shit is dangerous. She wasn't used to the number of deals last year as opposed to previous years and has been posting deals for a long time. Then came CyberMonday and that was when even she decided enough is enough. This year she's reevaluated what she'll be reporting and how often. Good. Because her health and sanity are more important to me than 50% off anything. And flying cross-country to attend her funeral would not a Merry Christmas make.

Black Friday is a con
    I hate and I mean HATE the sense of obligatory gift giving.
    I give gifts if I like you, not because society tells me it's what I need to do.

And TG&Y, wow that takes me back!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Black Friday is a con
    I hate and I mean HATE the sense of obligatory gift giving.
    I give gifts if I like you, not because society tells me it's what I need to do.

And TG&Y, wow that takes me back!
    I also hate obligatory gift giving. Of course, my husband and I buy his father a Christmas gift, but that also obligates us to buy a gift for whatever woman he happens to have living with him this year since it's a different one nearly every year. Thank goodness my side of the family started drawing names for Christmas a few years ago because it got ridiculous buying for siblings, in-laws, and nieces. I like buying for my husband, children, five (almost 6) grandbabies, two son-in-laws, and parents. Anyone besides that is out of obligation only and I resent it.

I also hate obligatory gift giving. Of course, my husband and I buy his father a Christmas gift, but that also obligates us to buy a gift for whatever woman he happens to have living with him this year since it's a different one nearly every year. Thank goodness my side of the family started drawing names for Christmas a few years ago because it got ridiculous buying for siblings, in-laws, and nieces. I like buying for my husband, children, five (almost 6) grandbabies, two son-in-laws, and parents. Anyone besides that is out of obligation only and I resent it.
    Until I got married I just didn't DO Christmas.
    It was not a happy time of year for me growing up and so I figured "screw it"
    Then hubby and his sweet nature and love of family came along........
    I finally put my foot down two years ago after spending 150 bucks on shipping
    We do gift cards now thank god!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Until I got married I just didn't DO Christmas.
    It was not a happy time of year for me growing up and so I figured "screw it"
    Then hubby and his sweet nature and love of family came along........
    I finally put my foot down two years ago after spending 150 bucks on shipping
    We do gift cards now thank god!
    I don't know how we survived before gift cards. I love giving them and receiving them.

TG&Y belongs in the cheesy 80's thread lol They used to have those phones at a couple places in the store where you could get on it and everyone could hear you. I used to announce boners, did the cheech and chong bit where they pranked sgt stedenko over the radio, random cursing, random other goofy shit like burps farts etc etc etc... I seriously don't think I could count the number of headaches I caused adults in the 80's.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    TG&Y belongs in the cheesy 80's thread lol They used to have those phones at a couple places in the store where you could get on it and everyone could hear you. I used to announce boners, did the cheech and chong bit where they pranked sgt stedenko over the radio, random cursing, random other goofy shit like burps farts etc etc etc... I seriously don't think I could count the number of headaches I caused adults in the 80's.
    LMAO! Why does this not surprise me?

PurrPurr Guest
    Bwhahahahahaha! I remember those godforsaken phones!

At the moment, the only deal I'm seeking is on a pre-assembled or a no-tools-required assembly cat tree for the house tigers. That will be their present this year...or maybe something else for me to keep clean. LOL

Oh yeah, but it goes back to the 70's.........cheesy then too!

I first heard of TG&Y in the 70's when I was in my teens. I think FedMart may have been more of a West Coast store where I'm from. Anyone remember Gibson's? They seemed to be the forerunner to Wal-Mart. And I have to say, I haven't put up a Christmas tree since 2009, but have helped plenty of other people put up theirs...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Mammy Guest
    I've never heard of Gibson's. I remember Heck's. Were they in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    What irks me are convenience stores that are open 24/7. Mostly because I worry about the staff. If something bad is going to happen at the store, like a hold up, it will happen mostly like during the 3rd shift hours. And really, is selling a pack of Marlboros at 3am going to make a huge difference in the profits for a store? Or maybe a tank of gas? I'd rather those people that work there be safe than be put in jeopardy by the store being open in the middle of the night.
    I agree with you. When I was in college I used to work the 3rd shift at Seven-Eleven in downtown Denver...by myself !! Yes it was scary as hell and there were many of times I wished I could had found something else but at the time ( late 80's ) Denver's economy was quite depressed due to the "oil bust" ( Texas and New Orleans was going through more/less the same thing at the time ) so on the other hand I was happy to had the job. While I still worry about the employees who work for such places at least in many places Seven-Eleven seems to have build up its security. Last time I was in Denver I noticed that chain now has locations in apartment and office buildings so not anyone can walk off the street to shop there and the ones around the city now have at least two employees working the 3rd shift. That helps and the fact that one needs a credit/debit card to pay for gas ( or pre pay if using cash ). Gas drive offs were a big problem then....but I still worry about the employees. I also worry about those motel clerks who work 3rd shift too. In recent years it seems they have been getting robbed more often late at night more so than convenience stores..at least in my region anyway.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Thanks, Ich
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I do all of my Black Friday shopping online.

I have nothing substantive to add, but I think it's awesome that Black Friday is in the Police Blotter section!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I have nothing substantive to add, but I think it's awesome that Black Friday is in the Police Blotter section!
    Not anymore. Lol. Thanks!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

I looked and nothing I need is on sale nor does it have a rebate, so no Black Friday shopping for me - unless my favorite grocery store has some stuff I want in their 50% off section.

I also got sick of obligatory gift giving after my divorce. Used to hand make or buy gifts for my ex-husband's family and only one of them ever gave us anything back. I'd also send cards and the whole shebang. Again, only one sent us one. Same with neighbors back then. So after my divorce I said to hell with it. People who expect something and give nothing in return get bupkis from me now. I give to people who appreciate it. Real friends and family like my mom and a handful of other folks.

This year I've already decided what I'm giving people and none of it can be had for a better deal on Black Friday. My granddaughter's favorite thing to get (besides a hug) is a gc from the dollar store and something with my voice recorded on it. Last gc I gave her, she saved half of it. Doesn't know she's getting another one. Used to be you could find those cards where you could record your voice everywhere. Now, they're nowhere to be found. Guess they went oit of style while I wasn't looking, lol.

I'm not posting what I'm getting my mom because she peeks in here once in awhile and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Another person is getting something small but it's something she and her whole family really like. They also use it throughout the year. My other friends get cards.

I started a tradition about 7 years ago, giving a card to the diner down the street. I no longer live in that neighborhood but I visit and still give them a card every year. Others have started giving them cards too. So many that mine is no longer the only one up on the wall. It was for about 5 years. Now they have a whole slew of em hanging on a ribbon across the front counter.

So Black Friday? Maybe next year if they have stuff I or the people I care about need/want most.

I looked over all the ads and I don't see anything except phones that look like good deals. Also I don't see anything New that is the hot gift this year. Could be a thin year for retailers. Me?......God bless Amazon. Now if they would only wrap!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I haven't seen anything worth the trouble that comes with black Friday. People get crazy over cheap trinkets. Not for me.
    Plus I'm at work so it probably wouldn't matter much.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Very well put. I agree that it is corporate greed that is forcing companies to open on Thanksgiving.
    Corporate greed only works if there is individual greed. The stores are open because there is demand that they do, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I looked over all the ads and I don't see anything except phones that look like good deals. Also I don't see anything New that is the hot gift this year. Could be a thin year for retailers. Me?......God bless Amazon. Now if they would only wrap!
    They might. Whenever I buy anything there, there's always a little checkbox and next to it it asks, "Is this a gift?". I've always had any gifts for others shipped without checking that box or had them shipped to me and I wrapped them to give, so who knows.

Has anyone ever used the gift option?

There's also a way to donate to your favorite charity or non-profit organization through them called Amazon Smile. That's always a nice gift to give.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 11-28-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Shit. I have to get ready for work in 40 minutes.

I've been up about an hour. Just finishing off my morning coffee.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

It seems there was a black Friday event in England yesterday. Usually these events were the provenance of the Americans amongst us. But noooo, fears are now that black Friday is going global.

God help us all.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    It seems there was a black Friday event in England yesterday. Usually these events were the provenance of the Americans amongst us. But noooo, fears are now that black Friday is going global.

God help us all.
    Attachment 51949
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching the French news at the moment, and they just had a story on the black Friday event in the UK yesterday. The footage is amazing, everyone is insane. Fights breaking out, people wrestling with a box of crap, prams, arguments, screaming and of course, arrests. I got the gist that the French are terrified it could come to sedate Paris (*cough*). They asked the question as to whether this event was in fact 'coup marketing'. Being a keen student of marketing, I have not heard of this term before. So I will endeavour to find out.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I got an email today with "Black Friday Doorbuster Blowout" sales from the company that I get my binding supplies from lol..
    "Plastic Comb Binds 30% off!" "Swingline Staplers…were $2.99 Today only $1.99!" "Half off Scotch tape! Black Friday Only!" hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I got an email today with "Black Friday Doorbuster Blowout" sales from the company that I get my binding supplies from lol..
    "Plastic Comb Binds 30% off!" "Swingline Staplers…were $2.99 Today only $1.99!" "Half off Scotch tape! Black Friday Only!" hahaha
    Those are some impressive Doorbusters! They really went all out. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Did you happen to notice if they had those plastic zip ties, shovels, duct or electrical tape, small axes, and/or pringles on sale by any chance? No reason. Just wondering.

I didn't look. I always get that stuff from Uline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket