Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very sad death of Dennis Jurgens

DoubleZ1013 Guest

Unhappy Very sad death of Dennis Jurgens

I was watching "Dead Men Talking" on the BIO channel. It's a edited version of the HBO "Autopsy" shows. Last week they featured a story about a three-year-old boy named Dennis Jurgens, who died in 1965. He was adopted by this crazy woman named Lois Jurgens who really had no business being around children. Well the birth mother lwas loooking for him about 16 years later, and discovering that Dennis was dead went to the funeral home to get some answers. When she saw a newspaper clippinjg that he had "multiple brusies" she felt like something wasn't right. And after an investigation where the body was exhumed (I thought the body was creepy the first time and it gave me nightmares), they put Lois on trial and the testimony of her other adopted son sealed her fate, but she only served a short time in jail. Here is the wiki link--I tried to look on the HBO site but they have every other autopsy except that one.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Jurgens

Kathyf Guest
    I saw that movie. It was a terrible story. That poor little boy.

l got halfway through reading that article and couldn't take it any more.
    by god l hope that poor wee boy is happy and peaceful now, after death.
    by god that's upsetting.
    l'm gonna go try and find something mindless and funny on tv.

panda Guest

Movie

I was made aware of this case when I seen the movie based on it. It's a Lifetime Movie with Beverly D'Angelo as the birth mother.
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0103954/

Very sad story indeed. Can you imagine the guilt that poor woman must feel? Thinking she did the right thing by giving her son up in hopes he would have a better life. It breaks my heart to think of what that poor little boy had to endure at that hands of that psycho.

Jazbabee Guest
    what a short, horrific life eternal hell is too good for Lois Jurgens !!

GODDESS6 Guest
    everytime i see that movie, it just breaks my heart~

cachluv Guest
    Now that I read the story, I saw the movie too (can't help it, I love LifeTime movies) (so long as they don't slam the mens, I don't need to slam men to raise nor define my womanhood and it seems like they do this sometimes...).

Very, very, very tragic. I am glad the birth Mom went looking for her son. THAT was meant to be.

About Lois Jurgens, I want to see this bitch's face. I looked for pics and found none. Anyone find any??
    Last edited by cachluv; 11-20-2007 at 05:28 PM.

stacebabe Guest
    I came across Dennis' stoy on Wikipedia, and I still cannot read through the entire thing without being brought to tears. I have a 3 year old son. I cannot fathom hurting a hair on his little wee head, nevermind doing what his adoptive mother did.

After such a short sentence, you have to wonder if perhaps vigilante justice could be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZ1013 View Post
    I was watching "Dead Men Talking" on the BIO channel. It's a edited version of the HBO "Autopsy" shows. Last week they featured a story about a three-year-old boy named Dennis Jurgens, who died in 1965. He was adopted by this crazy woman named Lois Jurgens who really had no business being around children. Well the birth mother lwas loooking for him about 16 years later, and discovering that Dennis was dead went to the funeral home to get some answers. When she saw a newspaper clippinjg that he had "multiple brusies" she felt like something wasn't right. And after an investigation where the body was exhumed (I thought the body was creepy the first time and it gave me nightmares), they put Lois on trial and the testimony of her other adopted son sealed her fate, but she only served a short time in jail. Here is the wiki link--I tried to look on the HBO site but they have every other autopsy except that one.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Jurgens

Miss Swallow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Very sad story indeed. Can you imagine the guilt that poor woman must feel? Thinking she did the right thing by giving her son up in hopes he would have a better life.

I hate to say it, but if I ever had an unwanted pregnancy, I'd rather have an abortion than have to worry about what was happening to my child for the rest of my life. I know there are so many good people who'd give their lives to have or adopt a baby, but god, how do moms stand not knowing if their children are happy and safe?

rjbrasher Guest
    I found this pic of him when he was a little tike. Cute little thing. Its so sad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6465523_1023034145.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	1660  

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Aww he was so cute, I am in tears just thinking about all the pain and suffering that he went through in such a short life. And she is living like she did nothing wrong. Wish I could find her now.

I highly recommend the book about the case - "A Death In White Bear Lake" - it's really well-written. I have a picture of my ex-husband when he was about 3 and he looks like (and is the same age as) Dennis, so this book always resonated with me.

VCNJ~

Here's a good overview on the case:

http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/narrat...-022888-a.html

VCNJ~

deathybrad Guest
    What a bitch.

MbalmR Guest
    I hope there's a special place in hell for people like Lois Jurgens. I wonder if she was abused as a child? It matters not, though: she had a responsibility and duty as an adoptive parent to do right by all her children. I hate to use the "C" word, but that's what that filthy, crusty old bitch is.

When I was much younger, my grandmother told me of a story that happened locally about a little boy who endured the same kind of torture at the hands of his biological parents. This kid was so polite and courteous (for his age,) that he knew enough to take his shoes off at the door when entering someone else's home for a visit. Yet they beat the crap out of him all the time until he finally died. I hope those people are rotting in hell too!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Swallow View Post
    I hate to say it, but if I ever had an unwanted pregnancy, I'd rather have an abortion than have to worry about what was happening to my child for the rest of my life. I know there are so many good people who'd give their lives to have or adopt a baby, but god, how do moms stand not knowing if their children are happy and safe?
    Take heart as a mother of two adopted children..there are parents out there who love their adopted kids well and as if they were born to them. I personally would walk through fire for mine!

Keyser Soze Guest
    Good movie and the actress playing the adoptive mom did a great job- I hated her and wanted to strangle the witch!

A very, very sad story. Poor wee boy!

I only remember bits and pieces from the lifetime movie, but I remember the scene in the courtroom where the niece? of lois said something to the effect that one time Lois fed Dennis horseraddish (for what reason I can't recall) and said that if he vomitted she would make hime eat it and he DID vomit and she DID make him eat it! What a crazy heffer! If she did not want him after adoption, why not send him back? Sad.........

sheri Guest
    Poor little guy. Such a cutie. No one - especially a child - deserves what happened to him. Even the hottest nether regions of hell are too good for that sick fuck that did that to him. Makes me ill and angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l got halfway through reading that article and couldn't take it any more.
    by god l hope that poor wee boy is happy and peaceful now, after death.
    by god that's upsetting.
    l'm gonna go try and find something mindless and funny on tv.
    Yeah I had to skim through... I couldn't read the entire thing, makes me angry.

SistaSara Guest
    I would never wish elder abuse on anyone....but this lady deserves to be f***ed up.

There's a special place in hell waiting for that bitch- right next to her dumbass husband who just sat there and let her abuse those kids. Bring on the pineapples!

I wonder how the kids who escaped are all doing?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

lisalouver Guest

A death in White Bear Lake, MN

Posting in the Fatty Arbucle thread reminded me of this case here locally.

A sucessful book was written about this called A death in White Bear Lake and a made for TV movie was made also. Beverly D'Angelo played the biological mother.

This case riveted the Twin Cities. I was 18 in 1986 when it came back into the media.

Here is the Wiki, it explains it better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dennis_Jurgens

Dennis Jurgens was exhumed after his biological mother came looking for him and found out he had died all those years ago.

I read the book and the pictures of little Dennis were horrible (with all hsi bruises, etc)

Incidentially, Lois who was charged with the murder, had another son who is or was a police officer at the time of the trial and he testified as to what he remembered of her making Deniis eat his own vomit.

Horrible case of child abuse. Horrible.

Lois brother was also a high ranking police officer at the WBL Police Dept.

This woman still lives here. She got out on parole in 1995.

Her husband died and they thought she poisoned him. He stuck by her.

I need to find a pic of her....she wore weird hats and shawls at the prison.

Dennis' grave
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...n&GRid=6465523&

lisalouver Guest
    Here is the made for tv movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103954/

This case seems familiar to me.

Here's a pic of poor little Dennis:

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

This case always resonated with me because that picture of Dennis looks exactly like my (at the time) husband did at the same age.

Poor Dennis - he was just an average, mischievious kid, and Lois was a monster.

P~

GODDESS6 Guest
    i remember this movie & have read up on the case~ very sad story~ the boy who played dennis in the movie was so damn cute~ i loved how the biological son told of what happened tho~

Lisamarie Guest
    Did they feature this in HBO autopsy?? I think I remeber seeing him in his coffin after they exhumed him and the M. E was like right away we have a bite mark right here.....and he looked beat up but in good shape for the most part. Im not sure I could be mistaken.

tarsier Guest
    I read about this case recently and seem to recall how several adults neighbors and such were aware and simply looked away; very sad.

Noreen Guest
    How awful, poor baby

NOVSTORM Guest
    They didn't do much about child abuse in that era. You got your ass beat and everyone turned away. They also had another son that was on the police force there.
    The biological mother was looking for her son, in MN if the child is 18 you can call the adoption agency and they will notify the child you are looking for him/her and ask if they wantto see you and the same way for you. Anyway the mother found out the child died at age 2 and then wanted to know why and she did investigations and found out the child was supposed to have fallen down the stairs. She found the autposy and the pcitures and ti all went from there. The adoptive mothers other adopted son testified against her at the trial, The husband took the wifes side and stuck by her. This child had been beaten everyday of his life with her. HE was not a good son, he was a little imp and she wanted this kid that did no wrong. The records from the doctors that treated him clearly stated she was abusing him. The bio mother raised so much hell that they finally exhumed this child who they said was in great condition and poof that bitch was tried and convicted of murder. The other son remembered what really happened that day , she trhew him down the stairs and kicked him and beat him. SHe perforated his liver and let the little guy lay there and die.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Did they feature this in HBO autopsy?? I think I remeber seeing him in his coffin after they exhumed him and the M. E was like right away we have a bite mark right here.....and he looked beat up but in good shape for the most part. Im not sure I could be mistaken.
    Yes, I believe it was on one of the first (if not the first) episode of Autopsy.

Dr Michael McGee was with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner then. Matter of fact, he still is, he is now the Chief.

I remember the movie..
    Just awful.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    I read about this case recently and seem to recall how several adults neighbors and such were aware and simply looked away; very sad.
    Sadly, I remember this case all tooo well. It's a shame that adults that look the other way where abuse of a child occurs aren't criminally charged !!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I don't even have words. When the first adopted little boy was returned to his bio grandmother, Lois burned her house down with her in it. She did unspeakable things to the other kids the state let her adopt. Dear Lord some people should be shot.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Jerry Sherwood & Robert are heroes in my eyes. Good for them for not giving up & getting justice for that poor little boy.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Jerry Sherwood & Robert are heroes in my eyes. Good for them for not giving up & getting justice for that poor little boy.
    I totally agree Ra.

DisneyStacy Guest
    Wow, I live 10 miles from White Bear Lake and I have never heard of this case. Granted, I only moved to MN 4 years ago, but still. How horrible. Poor little Dennis. I just don't understand some people. Sometimes I get mad and yell at my kids and I feel terrible afterward- for yelling! How can these sickos do these things to children and then live with themselves afterwards. And she lives in Stillwater?!? I want to go find this wretched woman and knock her over so she breaks a hip!

So so sad.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post
    Wow, I live 10 miles from White Bear Lake and I have never heard of this case. Granted, I only moved to MN 4 years ago, but still. How horrible. Poor little Dennis. I just don't understand some people. Sometimes I get mad and yell at my kids and I feel terrible afterward- for yelling! How can these sickos do these things to children and then live with themselves afterwards. And she lives in Stillwater?!? I want to go find this wretched woman and knock her over so she breaks a hip!

So so sad.
    We all get fed up at times and yell, and I always feel bad later, usually we feel worse than they do! But to ever harm them, never.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post

So so sad.
    It is a sad story and yes, Lois lives in Stillwater. She is a widow...her husband stood by her all those years.

She has got to be close to 85 or more by now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    There's a special place in hell waiting for that bitch- right next to her dumbass husband who just sat there and let her abuse those kids. Bring on the pineapples!

I wonder how the kids who escaped are all doing?
    LMHO!!!

Alexandra Guest
    If you guys would like to see a video about the case:

It *does* show pictures of Dennis at the morgue (but not opened up) and pictures of him after he was exhumed 20 years later...but it's no worse than, say, the pictures of mummies that National Geographic shows.

And you get to see the old hag Lois.

Mammy Guest
    Thank you so much for posting this, Alexandra! Those pictures of his little beaten body were so brutal and hard to look at. She must have hated this little boy to have murdered him in such a violent way. I have a three year old grandson and I just can't imagine anyone doing something like that to him. I'm glad his real mom kept pushing until she got answers to her questions and I'm glad Dennis' older brother testified against the evil bitch who tortured and murdered little Dennis. He sure was a cute little guy in the picture posted upthread. Poor little guy, I just can't imagine what he went through.

stacebabe Guest
    My heart breaks for Ms. Sherwood. As if it wasn't hard enough she had to give him up without a choice, to find out later he'd been murdered? !! I don't think 3rd degree murder and only 8 years was enough, but at least it was something. Quick searches indicate that she was accused of poisoning her husband, and also involvement in a fire that killed her mother in law. Still alive as far as I can tell.

Mammy Guest
    If only the good die young, that old bitch will never die!

It's too bad that the surname of Dennis's murderess and her enabler spouse have not been removed from his tombstone.
    The old hag probably still holds the deed to the plot, so the whole hypocritical piece of junk will never be removed or changed.
    "Our little angel" indeed-- one SHE caused to happen, WAY ahead of his time.
    I hope she doesn't get buried near him.
    The whole Catholicism aspect reminds me of the abominable Marie Noe.
    Last edited by Linnie; 03-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I was really surprised at how his body looked after being buried for so many years. I would have assumed he would have been all bones after so much time had passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I was really surprised at how his body looked after being buried for so many years. I would have assumed he would have been all bones after so much time had passed.
    For some reason, preserved remains and exhumations fascinate me. He was in pretty decent shape. Really enjoyed that video. Is that from the Autopsy show that was on HBO?

Funny how some people just look evil. This woman would give me the willies if I just met her on the street, without knowing who she was. What a terrible, sadly fascinating case...

NOVSTORM Guest
    The bio mom sued the adoption place and the state and won.