Thread: Edelmiro Cavazos, Mayor of Santiago, Mexico

Edelmiro Cavazos, Mayor of Santiago, Mexico

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2144

Killed by drug thugs. Such a waste.

Edelmiro Cavazos was the mayor of Santiago, Mexico, a poplar tourist town near Monterrey and Mexicoâ??s northern border. Suspected drug hit-men kidnapped the mayor from his home in the town near the US border. His body was found dumped near a waterfall outside of town a few days later. The police officers charged with protecting Cavazos have been arrested and charged with the Mexico mayor murder. Read about it below and see photos of Mayor Edelmiro Cavazos and of the crime scene. Also, see a video of him below.
    Mayor Edelmiro Cavazos of Santiago, Mexico was kidnapped last Sunday. On Wednesday, his body was found dumped near a waterfall outside of town. His kidnapping and murder appear to be part of the escalation in drug cartel violence as drug gangs battle with each other over territory in Northern Mexico that is considered crucial to trafficking drugs into the United States. Six police officers who were supposed to be protecting Cavazos were arrested and charged with assisting with his kidnapping and murder.

Edelmiro Cavazos was 38-years-old and part of President Felipe Calderonâ??s conservative National Action Party. He had received death threats for his efforts to clean up corruption in the police force in Santiago. Both Santiago and Monterrey are in the Mexican state of Nuevo Leon.
    The Mexican mayorâ??s body was found bound and gagged outside of Santiago on Wednesday, August 18, 2010. He is believed to be yet another victim of the Mexican drug wars that have escalated since President Felipe Calderon declared war on the drug cartels. Mexico has become quite a violent and dangerous place.
    There have been at least 28,000 deaths since 2006 related to the Mexican drug wars, including government officials, police officers, politicians, citizens suspected of assisting police or associated with a rival gang and pretty much anyone who gets in the way of the cartels or happens to be nearby when the violence breaks out. There have been 2,076 police officers and 191 Mexican soldiers have been killed since December 2006.
    Read more about the kidnapping of Mayor Edelmiro Cavazos here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The death scene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

His wife and daughter at his funeral. This makes me so sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

okay, the picture of the little girl crying...that did me in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch