Thread: 3 dead from gunshot wounds in Superior

Meli Guest

3 dead from gunshot wounds in Superior

This is so very sad! The guy killed his 13 month old, and his wife who was due to have a c-section the day she was murdered, and then himself.... there was no history of domestic violence... or any signs of violence before this... terrible sad! RIP to the innocent victims.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/176700/

1. Why would you have an American flag on one side of the door and an Iraqi flag on the other?

2. Good on the best friend. I get so weary of hearing how the deceased was just wonderful and everybody loved them. At least the friend said this guy rubbed her the wrong way.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

sheri Guest
    So sad all the way around. Maybe the guy had PTSD??? No one will ever know now. If he did, he could have gotten help, instead of offing himself and his wife and kids. I have an ex sil that from day one (pre marrying my baby brother, having kids with him, doing drugs, and divorcing him) has rubbed me the wrong way, and I have told my mom as much. My mom laughs at me because I told her this ex sil one day her mouth will get her into trouble and she will cross the wrong person and they will haul off and deck her one, and not think once about it.

I feel sad for this family, especially the wee little ones. May they all rip eternally, and may their journeys be free from incident.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    1. Why would you have an American flag on one side of the door and an Iraqi flag on the other?

2. Good on the best friend. I get so weary of hearing how the deceased was just wonderful and everybody loved them. At least the friend said this guy rubbed her the wrong way.

She my husband thinks he took the Iraqi flag as a souvenier from Iraq and thats why its displayed... it is odd however...

Sheri... I dont know... it's so odd that he had been back for such a long time and they had no issues.. I find it hard to believe he went from loving husband to murderer in one day.... I am happy the best friend said that... I also hate when people say such sweet things about the departed...even when they are assholes who kill their families..... Its so sad... it just came out that he also killed the family dogs... I'll post more as it is released...

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post

War souvenir most likely

Meli Guest
    Okay, my thread was moved and renamed... kinda rude but okay.... technically there was more then 3 killed, as the baby in her belly was due to be removed that day... and now to find out he also killed the three 3 dogs...

More has come out about this situation... the wife had been staying with family members, and they were having "trust" issues... so Im still thinking he was cheating and when she came to get more of her things he snapped.... but I'll post more when it comes out

Meli Guest
    Oh and SheBoss, his family put out a statement saying Matthew was the most wonderful, kind, and gentle person they knew...... knew you'd like that hypocrisy! Grrrrrrrrrr!

these things seem to keep happening with men returning from iraq. maybe we should spend more time treating them for PTSD? or at least, making sure they don't have it before sending them back to their regular lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    these things seem to keep happening with men returning from iraq. maybe we should spend more time treating them for PTSD? or at least, making sure they don't have it before sending them back to their regular lives.

Elnora,

PTSD is a horrible thing for a soldier to return home with.. and they are making some headway with it.... BUT this "soldier" returned over 3 years ago... and had no issues thus far... a lot of people are thinking this is not so much PTSD as it was just homocidal rage... if this guy was a soldier they wouldnt have mentioned PTSD, even though civilians can and do get it... just seems like an easy way to explain a horrific crime!

Meli Guest
    Just found this updated article... I was right all along... a girl has come forward saying she was having an affair with the killer...

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/176886/

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    Just found this updated article... I was right all along... a girl has come forward saying she was having an affair with the killer...

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/176886/
    So, you're having an affair...and instead of informing your wife and divorcing her...you kill her, your child, and your other unborn child? what the fuck, people?

also, i didn't realize he'd been back for 3 years. I guess PTSD isn't so cut and dry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    So, you're having an affair...and instead of informing your wife and divorcing her...you kill her, your child, and your other unborn child? what the fuck, people?

also, i didn't realize he'd been back for 3 years. I guess PTSD isn't so cut and dry.

No his wife found out and was leaving him... I guess he didnt like the idea of child support for 2 kids... or he killed the wife in a rage, and then felt he had to take them all out. It's very sad...