Thread: 4 year-old British boy found dead In dryer

4 year-old British boy found dead In dryer

I don't get how this could possibly happen. I wonder if the kid was beaten to death then put in the dryer to make it look like an accident.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20.../14833431.html

Kids = no common sense. He probably thought "Hey I'll go climb into the dryer because I'm bored."

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a latch to open dryers from the inside...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I don't get how this could possibly happen. I wonder if the kid was beaten to death then put in the dryer to make it look like an accident.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20.../14833431.html

That's a very good theory considering the fact that it would be impossible for the child to get in the dryer, close the door and then push the start button. I know my dryer will not start unless the door is completely closed and you have to push the start button.

Was the dryer on? I know my grandmothers has a time delay after she hits the button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    This seems suspicious. I did once see a TV show about a toddler who opened up a washing machine and stuck his hand inside. It ripped off his arm (which was then reattached). A dryer seems a lot trickier to die in accidentally, unless he was somehow hiding in there and his parents or whomever didn't realize he was there and just turned it on.

It doesn't say whether the dryer was actually on. Could you suffocate inside a dryer if you managed to close the door behind you? Dunno...

The child was playing hide and seek and hid in the dryer apparently. I think he suffocated. He must have been in there for ages, who was supposed to be looking after him? This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    It doesn't say whether the dryer was actually on. Could you suffocate inside a dryer if you managed to close the door behind you? Dunno...

I definitely think that you could suffocate in one. Especially those front loading models. The newer ones have a pretty hardcore seal on them.. Why didn't anyone hear him make noise? He must have kicked around once he realized he was inside?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RogerV Guest
    One other thing to consider is that British laundry appliaces are generally quite a bit smaller than the ones we use in North America. Hard for me to see how even a four year-old could get into one unassisted.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    One other thing to consider is that British laundry appliaces are generally quite a bit smaller than the ones we use in North America. Hard for me to see how even a four year-old could get into one unassisted.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. That must have been one small kid.