Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Price

rjbrasher Guest

Vincent Price

Anything thoughts? I thought he was just awesome. I remember watching his shows as a kid. He use to creep me out, but yet i kept watching his shows lol

Mister Vincent....

I thought he was awesome too. I think it's fitting that he died in October. Imagine if it had been on Halloween!

He was great.

-K.

Jack Raines Guest
    This is supposedly Vincent Price's death mask: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._DeathMask.jpg

I used to have a cardboard cutout of Vincent that I displayed in the living room for years. And actually, my confirmation name was Vincent, after Mr. Price.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Guest Guest
    I love Vicent Price......His movies, and his VOICE! I own just about every movie he has been in, even if they are black and white.

candleinthewind Guest
    He was very close to Joan Rivers and her daughter called him Uncle Vinnie.

SusanRandy Guest

Talking Vincent Price

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    This is supposedly Vincent Price's death mask: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._DeathMask.jpg
    Doesn't that death mask look like an episode from Scooby Doo? "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids!"

SusanRandy Guest
    One of my favorite Vincent Price movies is "Dragonwyck". If you ever have the chance, watch it. It's soooo good!

Im sure it was vincent (with James dean) that i read about this story - sorry if my brain has mixed the story up ... Vincent met james dean just before he died - james had bought his latest car to a set & met vincent on the way out. Vincent warned him not to drive fast & just didnt like the car.
    A few days later - vinny was on a plane looked out the window & the clouds had spelt out something - it said James dean is dead.
    Vinny was shocked... but was more when he found out that it was true when the plane had landed.

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanRandy View Post
    Doesn't that death mask look like an episode from Scooby Doo? "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids!"
    ROFL!!! Too true!

Darrianne Guest
    He made Micheal Jackson's song 'Thriller" with his spoken part at the end......and that laugh!

Bring_Out_Yer_Dead Guest
    Vincent Price as a class act. I remember him
    cooking gourmet dishes on the Tonight Show
    in the '70s.

My favorite film of his: [SIZE=-1]The Abominable Dr. Phibes.
    This was the last movie that Keith Moon watched
    before he passed away.

Any word if the Keith Moon film is
    a go yet?

Cheers,
    Doug
    [/SIZE]

I just love Vincent Price. I really can't tell you my favorite Price film - House of Wax, The Pit and the Pendullum, House of the Long Shadows, etc. When Price did a Poe film, I was in heaven!!!!

Vincent Price scared the bejesus out of me when i was young.Going to the latrine at the drive-in when you are a kid at a scary movie is tramatic.Never a coke bottle around when ya need one.

Snoopy Guest
    I really loved Vincent Price..he gave me the creeps but in a fun sort of way!

Guest Guest
    My sister and brothers use to haunt me with the video " Thriller " I was terrified of it when I was a child. Yes I'm a young one, only 27. They would hold me down infront of the TV and make me watch it. Now my sister can't stand scary movies so when I visit her I bring my most scariest DVD's and make her watch them with me. Ever seen a 36 yr old hide behind a couch before? I have : Evil Grin :

Danny62 Guest
    He also lent his voice to Alice Coopers first Solo Album "Welcome to my nightmare" On the song black widow!

OBX Guest
    I agree about Phibes. I kept thinking that I wouldn't have kept chasing him.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    My sister and brothers use to haunt me with the video " Thriller " I was terrified of it when I was a child. Yes I'm a young one, only 27. They would hold me down infront of the TV and make me watch it. Now my sister can't stand scary movies so when I visit her I bring my most scariest DVD's and make her watch them with me. Ever seen a 36 yr old hide behind a couch before? I have : Evil Grin :
    HeHe Revenge is sweet especiially when your the younger sister!

hoxharding Guest

vincent price

I read the book his daughter wrote.
    I guess he loved to cook. Once, he made creme brulee or something(I forget)
    They spent quite a few days eating nothing but that.
    Also, he would save all the perdiem he got from films and buy art with it.

hoxharding Guest

House of Wax

My father was watching it one night when I was a really little kid. He thought I wouldn't notice what was on tv.
    I woke up that night screaming 'rubber daddy is going to burn me."(I dreamt fire and melting people were around my crib)
    To this day, my father feels badly about that. He also blames himself for
    my love of horror films.*shrug*

ComputerGuy Guest
    Vincent Price was class

1karenhb Guest
    I loved V. P. He was a major art collector. Back in the 60's my mother worked one Christmas season at the Sears store in Boyle Heights. They sold very nice artwork then and V. P. was hired as a consultant. One day, my mother was waiting for the elevator to take her to the upstairs offices. The door opens up and Vincent Price is standing there. She was so stunned she couldn't move or say anything. Finally, V. P. says "I promise I won't bite". She laughed and got on and they had a nice conversation the rest of the trip up. He was one classy guy!

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    He was one classy guy!
    He really was.

The best part I liked about him was that, despite his fame, he didn't take himself too seriously. I always felt that he wanted the audience to have as good a time as he was having! [laughs]

Thanks for the story about Vincent and his art collection. I'd read before about how he worked with Sears in the 60s to offer art to the general public, but I was still surprised to see someone make reference to it here on the board.

Cool.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    Anything thoughts? I thought he was just awesome. I remember watching his shows as a kid. He use to creep me out, but yet i kept watching his shows lol
    I assume everyone on this thread has seen Vincent. But if not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmKhd_h3lk

In case you're not familiar with it, Vincent is a short film that Tim Burton did in loving tribute to Vincent (and narrated by VP). Well worth a look, and at < 6 minutes, a quick view, too.

(The version at the YouTube link has Portugese subtitles, but the soundtrack is in English; just ignore the subs).

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    I assume everyone on this thread has seen Vincent.
    I was just coming on here to bring that up - you beat me to it! I didn't have a link to it, anyway! I have a copy of it on The Nightmare Before Christmas Collector's Edition DVD (they had it on the video, too...I ended up buying that movie 3 times - once for the original video, once for the one with "Vincent" and once more when it all came out on DVD.)

towser Guest
    I bet that death mask smells like the funk of 40,000 years!

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by towser View Post
    I bet that death mask smells like the funk of 40,000 years!
    Your Thriller reference made me totally laugh. Damn you!

Everybody don one glove, please for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

(The "Thriller" video)

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Your Thriller reference made me totally laugh. Damn you!

Everybody don one glove, please for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

(The "Thriller" video)

I totally snorted and howled at the Thriller reference....then nearly choked laughing at your tag line!!!

epicentre Guest
    Firstly, has anybody read the FAD page on Vincent Price, and how much he resented Jackson in later life? Only read this last week so it was fresh in my mind. Just thought I'd throw that one in for a few more comments.

Secondly, I'm not really a fan of Vincent Price, but I feel like I am after watching this terrific tribute on YouTube. Fantastic and quite moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0OU7t0i3oU

erin Guest
    i liked vincent price, but i love tim burton. thanks for posting that link.

hoxharding Guest
    His daughter had a story about her father. One day she and her father were out in public. This really scruffy guy was conversing with her father and it made her nervous(because he was so scruffy)
    She realized that the guy was being very sweet and polite to Vincent and Vincent was happy to talk to the guy.
    She went to them and realized the scruffy guy was Johnny Depp.

erin Guest
    yuuuuuummmmy. johnny depp is the man for me. i'd cheat on my hubby with that man.

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    yuuuuuummmmy. johnny depp is the man for me. i'd cheat on my hubby with that man.
    SAME!!!!!

jlhist64 Guest

Vincent Price was also a genuine nice guy

I read a few years ago not only did Vincent like to act, but also was very involved and passionate about cooking. I heard he even edited and wrote a few cookbooks. I also heard he absolutely adored and doted over his wife...what a refreshing thing to know and unfortunately unusual in Hollywoodland.....
    Last edited by jlhist64; 10-11-2007 at 01:33 PM.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    i liked vincent price, but i love tim burton. thanks for posting that link.
    Assuming you're talking about Vincent (rather than the VP tribute): you're welcome!

I enjoyed viewing it, too.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by epicentre View Post
    Firstly, has anybody read the FAD page on Vincent Price, and how much he resented Jackson in later life? Only read this last week so it was fresh in my mind. Just thought I'd throw that one in for a few more comments.

Secondly, I'm not really a fan of Vincent Price, but I feel like I am after watching this terrific tribute on YouTube. Fantastic and quite moving:

Thanks Very Much for posting that link.

I'm always amazed at the high quality of the "amateur" videos posted on YouTube. It's obvious that was a labor of love for a dedicated fan.

And this bit from the FAD entry was something I don't remember seeing the first time:

Years later, as child molestation charges surfaced against Jackson, Vincent was asked if he thought they were true. He sarcastically replied, "They must be true....after all.....he fucked me too!"

Vincent, you were a baaaaaaaaaad man!

(and I love you for it!)

His Kind of Woman,an RKO film with bob mitchum,jane russell,jim backus and raymond burr among others,but Vincent steals the show. it is not exactly the spinal tap of noir,but moving that way. well worth seeing as is Laura,considered his finest film by many.

39. 10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
    Reason
    someone already made mention of it...

Quote Originally Posted by SusanRandy View Post
    One of my favorite Vincent Price movies is "Dragonwyck". If you ever have the chance, watch it. It's soooo good!
    I only saw that once, but I LOVED it. My favorite Vincent Price movie is Champagne for Caesar -- he is absolutely hysterical in that.

kelbons Guest

Vincent Price

I don't think we can have Halloween without the mention of Vincent Price!
    I was going to say that most people these days remember him from his "rap" on Thriller, but man, that dates me!

He died of lung cancer on October 25, 1993.

kelbons Guest
    Crap! I did a search before I posted this and nothing came up; now I see another thread on him already. SORRY!!!!!!!!!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    I love all Vincent's movies, even the campy ones (Dr. Phibes, anyone?). And what a voice! He was such a sweet dear man to be constantly portraying dark topics, but oh! how good he was at it.

LOVED the zinger about Michael Jackson -- LOL!

lil_zino Guest
    I absolutely adored him. My mom was a huge Vincent Price fan and got me into his stuff.

I loved him on the Canadian show the Hilarious House of Frightenstein.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by epicentre View Post

Wow....that sounds interesting.....thanks for the links

MorbidMolly Guest
    OMG.....I just read the FAD link...." he fucked me too ".....I am seriously laughing my ass off....GO VINCENT.....

Bigfoot Guest
    I've heard that VP was a true gentleman out of the cameras, that he treated everybody with respect and helped a lot of people. I just love "Comedy of Terrors" Funny movie!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    Huge Vinnie fan. I'd highly recommend his daughter's book, it's great.

I think as far as his horror/scary films go, Masque of the Red Death is my fave. I love me some Dragonwyck though too!

FoxMulder Guest
    Brilliant actor. Was very friendly in real life by all accounts in contrast to the 'monsters' he often played. I think his casting was down to his height and saturnine good looks. He was quite handsome but in a slightly sinister way if that makes sense.

This man scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Does anyone remember him from when he was one The Muppet Show? I still remember not being able to sleep that night.